Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law (50150 Views)

Supreme Court On Imo: INEC Failed To Tender Results It Claimed Were Genuine / INEC Excludes Zakari From Collation Of Presidential Poll Results / Osun Rerun Election Results: Live Updates As Collation Of Results Begins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by ExAngel007(f): 9:58am On Feb 28, 2023
Ikenga Ugochinyere, spokesperson of the Coalition of United Political Parties (CUPP), says the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) should halt the collation of presidential election results.

There have been concerns over the non-functionality of the
bimodal voter verification system (BVAS) and missing results on the INEC result viewing portal, among others.

In a statement on Tuesday, Ugochinyere, a member-elect of the house of representatives, said the exercise violates section 64(4) of the electoral act.

He said this has made the “presidential collation exercise so far unconstitutional and an invitation to anarchy”.

“The ongoing collation of presidential election results are
unconstitutional and a possible invitation to the anarchy
that must be averted now by immediate halt,” Ugochinyere
said.

“As a constitutional lawyer, foremost advocate for credible
election and spokesman of CUPP, I have come to the
conclusion to advise that in the national interest that
collation of presidential election results be halted in view
of compromise and violation of provision of section 64(4)
of the electoral act.

“Clearly, the results being collated were not transmitted
directly from the polling units but cooked by rouge governors who were the same elements behind the Omuma magic compromise of the voters register and should be stopped before this illegal throws Nigeria into national confusion.”

On Wednesday, former president Olusegun Obasanjo said
elections that have been marred with irregularities should
be rescheduled.

https://www.thecable.ng/cupp-spokesperson-to-inec-halt-collation-of-presidential-poll-results-it-violates-the-law/amp

76 Likes 12 Shares

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by Massiveglory: 10:04am On Feb 28, 2023
It does not matter who is winning here or there, INEC Chairman , having violated the law should save face and the nation from lawlessness and anarchy by declaring the election inconclusive.
That is the safest path right now.

349 Likes 32 Shares

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by jchioma: 10:05am On Feb 28, 2023
I hope INEC will not be unfortunate to declare a winner unless the people's will and choices are respected and reflected in these results. Most people are just waiting before taking steps to do the needful. You cannot impose upon the people what they have rejected wholeheartedly.

301 Likes 24 Shares

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by PrinceMajestic: 10:11am On Feb 28, 2023
Bastards trying to truncate a democratic process and bully INEC, y'all has failed and will keep failing. Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is next President of Nigeria

113 Likes 19 Shares

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by jojofola: 10:11am On Feb 28, 2023
Isn’t it obvious that this election was heavily rigged and someone has been paid to keep mute and just announce this padded nonsense all the way. Nigerians are really suffering!

118 Likes 9 Shares

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by PresidentAtiku(m): 10:11am On Feb 28, 2023
IS THIS MAHMOOD DRUNK OR SOMETHING?

You are openly going against the law and you don/t even care?

This is an exercise beamed all over Nigeria, Africa and the world. How can the head of INEC be breaking the law on national TV?

Nigeria is unique oooo... Next you would say go to court... Same court that made someone who came 4th the governor

130 Likes 11 Shares

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by okJxx: 10:11am On Feb 28, 2023
Ok
Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by flexyrule(m): 10:11am On Feb 28, 2023
Halt ke

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by olaolaking: 10:11am On Feb 28, 2023
I almost ask about him. A known noise maker. Did he give his usual ultimatum?

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by jaxxy(m): 10:11am On Feb 28, 2023
The results are illegal and the process unconstitutional.

we are about to find out if we are all mad in this country.

101 Likes 10 Shares

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by leisuretym: 10:11am On Feb 28, 2023
He’s Obident, OBI people fighting backs

Atiku must win this election, he has to pay pack all the election debts , Okonwa too has to pay back debts. , delta state is in debts

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by stasius: 10:12am On Feb 28, 2023
Everybody is watching.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by nazicartel(m): 10:12am On Feb 28, 2023
The election is too childish

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by SirJerrie(m): 10:12am On Feb 28, 2023
“Clearly, the results being collated were not transmitted
directly from the polling units but cooked by rouge governors who were the same elements behind the Omuma magic compromise of the voters register and should be stopped before this illegal throws Nigeria into national confusion.”

After all the mouth INEC make...
INEC served Nigerians "The more you look, the less you see"

Even Buhari that Promised "Security and a Free & Fair Election"

They all knew what they were doing all along...

INEC had over 3 years to prepare for this election.... Yet they failed with nonsense excuses!
They're fooling themselves!

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by Curious345: 10:12am On Feb 28, 2023
Prof oloriburuku Mahmoud is brazenly in violation of the electoral act.

But the lazy fool who initiated this charade is still stiff-necked and refuses to heed advice to desist further announcements

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by potent5(m): 10:12am On Feb 28, 2023
Well spoken.

2 Likes

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by Curious345: 10:12am On Feb 28, 2023
Abel Guobadia was angel Gabriel

Maurice iwu was angel Michael

Attahiru Jega was angel Uriel

Professor Mahmood oloshii oloriburuku is the Devil himself

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by Rebuke: 10:12am On Feb 28, 2023

2 Likes

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by Royalty83(m): 10:12am On Feb 28, 2023
I am from UKWANI, Delta state but these Igbo folks can be really annoying.. TINUBU will win and will be declared PRESIDENT and if you have valid case to prove, then head to the courts.. How can Obi win when the core northerners did not vote for him?

They didn't because of his divisive brand of politics, I lost faith in him when started jumping from Revival to Night vigil.. I saw pure desperation..

Come out and get killed when the results are announced.. NDI NZUZU..

48 Likes 12 Shares

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by jahsharon: 10:12am On Feb 28, 2023
Meet us in Court

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 28, 2023
Halt this rubbish now.. the election was just like a cartoon.. inec should not burn this country down.. pls

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by mytime24(f): 10:12am On Feb 28, 2023
If thieftubu bcum president
Look @d people that will sorround him

Vice Shettima -bh sponsor

Cj - killyamo

Commissioner of transport -mc oluomo

Central bank governor - hell rufai

Minister of petroleum -gandollar

Naija otilo

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by Chibuzoc(m): 10:12am On Feb 28, 2023
grin my guy no gree eat food since yesterday, he de depressed like this tongue I tell am say Nigeria na jungle make he no put mind for the zoo of a cunt3, he de cap shii say new nigeria is possible, I laff come tell am say nigeria no fit change all of a sudden at least e go take like 100 years b4 the corn3 fit better and blood go still flow b4 the reset, he say na lie say na because I be Biafran naim make me de talk like that. Now him eye don de clear small small, na me wey he de mock b4 as an #IPOB member come de console am shocked this life go far Sha.

Obidients been de happy when the zoo govt no gree obey court orders to release my leader #MaziNnamdiKanu them been de talk say my Manchi go make them lose selection grin grin now how far.

So I say make I tell una wey won protest for Biafran land say make una first apologize to IPOB b4 una start una protest.

3 Likes

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by Xscape1993(m): 10:12am On Feb 28, 2023
APC does not have a candidate anyways.......

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by Missy89(f): 10:12am On Feb 28, 2023
Asiwaju will not be denied cool

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by jahsharon: 10:12am On Feb 28, 2023
jchioma:
I hope INEC will not be unfortunate to declare a winner unless the people's will and choices are respected and reflected in these results. Most people are just waiting before taking steps to do the needful. You cannot impose upon the people what they have rejected wholeheartedly.

Do the needful nah. Nigerian Army will be happy to have live specimen for shooting practice

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by Neoteny7: 10:12am On Feb 28, 2023
jchioma:
I hope INEC will not be unfortunate to declare a winner unless the people's CAN's and Igboe's will and choices are respected and reflected in these results. Most people are just waiting before taking steps to do the needful. You cannot impose upon the people what they have rejected wholeheartedly.

There. Fixed it. That's what you mean.

12 Likes 8 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The 16 Allegations Raised Against Adesina, AfDB President The US Wants Revisited / Zahra Buhari & Ahmed Indimi On Honeymoon in Saudi Arabia / Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.