Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law (50199 Views)

Supreme Court On Imo: INEC Failed To Tender Results It Claimed Were Genuine / INEC Excludes Zakari From Collation Of Presidential Poll Results / Osun Rerun Election Results: Live Updates As Collation Of Results Begins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by homosapien(m): 10:42am On Feb 28, 2023
Goddyrichie:
sometimes I wonder why it’s only d Hausa people d inec chairman what happen to d other tribe

Maurice Iwu is hausa too abi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by Thomasankara(m): 10:42am On Feb 28, 2023
grin wink[/color]abeg wetin be Omuma[color=#770077]
Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by okuta007: 10:42am On Feb 28, 2023
Missy89:
Asiwaju will not be denied cool

..... because the end justifies the means, right?
Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by Angelfrost(m): 10:43am On Feb 28, 2023
PrinceMajestic:
and he has won free fair and square thank you

No he hasn't!... You can keep telling yourself that!

He can be declared winner by a compromised electoral body, but it won't be free and fair! grin

Buhari was elected by most Nigerians across ethnic and religious divides without this historic level of outcry!

Let Tinubu be elected the same way, or in a better more transparent way since we are supposed to be improving not going backwards!

Trust me... INEC is not doing APC and Tinubu any favors right now! They are setting them up to lead a restive and angry nation!
Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by Drealman20: 10:43am On Feb 28, 2023
mytime24:
u and ur 97% how market,

Abi d scarcity of naira and fuel affect only d 5%, we d'nt depend on government to feed

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by TheOldGods: 10:43am On Feb 28, 2023
vncntluv:

An election where a whole Tinubu lost his home?
oga, they made it look like he lost his home. It's not even about tinubu. Who the hell will vote Apc again. Just the party alone is a no no

1 Like

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by Faber(m): 10:43am On Feb 28, 2023
Chibuzoc:
grin my guy no gree eat food since yesterday, he de depressed like this tongue I tell am say Nigeria na jungle make he no put mind for the zoo of a cunt3, he de cap shii say new nigeria is possible, I laff come tell am say nigeria no fit change all of a sudden at least e go take like 100 years b4 the corn3 fit better and blood go still flow b4 the reset, he say na lie say na because I be Biafran naim make me de talk like that. Now him eye don de clear small small, na me wey he de mock b4 as an #IPOB member come de console am shocked this life go far Sha.

Obidients been de happy when the zoo govt no gree obey court orders to release my leader #MaziNnamdiKanu them been de talk say my Manchi go make them lose selection grin grin now how far.

So I say make I tell una wey won protest for Biafran land say make una first apologize to IPOB b4 una start una protest.

Guy I no go lie give u, I no get voters card cos I know that elections in the zoo is a scam...I said if this one goes well, then I will get voters card and vote in the next...but they come fall my hands, I am not going to get voters card in this country even in the near future, it's totally useless... It is left for Obi to fight for his mandate, if he want, as for me I gave up on this country far back.

The kind laugh Nnamdi Kanu is laughing Obi now ehn, only God knows.
Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by Veezy4u(m): 10:44am On Feb 28, 2023
[b] Nairaland is dominated by tribalists majorly yorubas but the truth is we all have our preferred candidates. I'm from the middlebelt and I can AUTHORITATIVELY tell you that the figures coming from APC are false, from my observations they've been given the cutoff of 25% to cover up. I can swear with my life, most votes that won't go to LP should be for PDP cos d present govt have lost the people. I support PO because I believe in him than others. Even though LP wins, Seeing the little margins is just laughable. Past presidents are usually quiet on most electoral process but I stand with Obj. If Tinubu wins free n fair most of us will accept that. All we want is a free n credible elections, No int'l body has commended INEC for this so far it's criticism left, right and center. Buhari has failed us as a nation. Nigerians will forgive him if he gives good polls. Everything had attempted to move well (SMALL) but this results is not trustworthy. Seeing Dino in that centre made me smile n I said this guy may attempt to delay/derail the process, when he was ranting it felt as though they'd bundle him out but his points were valid. All the other agents should had boycotted it. INEC told Nigerians that bvas will ensure that results are transmitted immediately which DID NOT HAPPEN. BUHARI should for the UNITY n PROGRESS of this nation ensure he does the needful. Than for us to accept this, it is better they bomb this country let's all cease to ever exist. [/b]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by Unrated900(m): 10:44am On Feb 28, 2023
Massiveglory:
It does not matter who is winning here or there, INEC Chairman , having violated the law should save face and the nation from lawlessness and anarchy by declaring the election inconclusive.
That is the safest path right now.

So military can take over abi

1 Like

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by Drealman20: 10:44am On Feb 28, 2023
Angelfrost:

No he hasn't!... You can keep telling yourself that!

He can be declared winner by a compromised electoral body, but it won't be free and fair! grin

Buhari was elected by most Nigerians across ethnic and religious divides without this historic level of outcry!

Let Tinubu be elected the same way, or in a better more transparent way since we are supposed to be improving not going backwards!

Trust me... INEC is not doing APC and Tinubu any favors right now! They are setting them up to lead a restive and angry nation!

Wonders shall never end... Igbos are hailing Buhari

The same person you claim was rigged in 2015 and 2019

grin grin grin grin
Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by casualobserver: 10:44am On Feb 28, 2023
W

2 Likes

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by Kelvin3476: 10:44am On Feb 28, 2023
bhella10:
Where are those online polls that were predicting rubbish?
they were predicting it based on the correct unit results.

why is the BVAS suddenly neglected ?
who ever sows evil must reap it
Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by anataala: 10:44am On Feb 28, 2023
Some people are useless no body can stop declaring our darling father as president in sha Allah from Baba BUHARI to Baba Bola Tinibu and from Muslim North to Souther Muslim all your pastor that deceive you to Obediently obedient
ExAngel007:

https://www.thecable.ng/cupp-spokesperson-to-inec-halt-collation-of-presidential-poll-results-it-violates-the-law/amp
Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by dyera(m): 10:44am On Feb 28, 2023
Abagworo:
Somebody predicted that Abiola will happen to Tinubu and it is about happening. A declaration will throw the country into anarchy and he will not be sworn in while Buhari might be forced to step down through mass action.

But why na? The man has waited patiently for Buhari to rule for eight years, now that he is about to be declared the winner people are rejecting him. People did not reject Buhari like this in 2015 though.
Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by Drealman20: 10:45am On Feb 28, 2023
Veezy4u:
[b] Nairaland is dominated by tribalists majorly yorubas but the truth is we all have our preferred candidates. I'm from the middlebelt and I can AUTHORITATIVELY tell you that the figures coming from APC are false, from my observations they've been given the cutoff of 25% to cover up. I can swear with my life, most votes that won't go to LP should be for PDP cos d present govt have lost the people. I support PO because I believe in him than others. Even though LP wins, Seeing the little margins is just laughable. Past presidents are usually quiet on most electoral process but I stand with Obj. If Tinubu wins free n fair most of us will accept that. All we want is a free n credible elections, No int'l body has commended INEC for this so far it's criticism left, right and center. Buhari has failed us as a nation. Nigerians will forgive him if he gives good polls. Everything had attempted to move well (SMALL) but this results is not trustworthy. Seeing Dino in that centre made me smile n I said this guy may attempt to delay/derail the process, when he was ranting it felt as though they'd bundle him out but his points were valid. All the other agents should had boycotted it. INEC told Nigerians that bvas will ensure that results are transmitted immediately which DID NOT HAPPEN. BUHARI should for the UNITY n PROGRESS of this nation ensure he does the needful. Than for us to accept this, it is better they bomb this country let's all cease to ever exist. [/b]

Keep crying... BAT is your president..

The people have voted

1 Like

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by JOemmy(m): 10:45am On Feb 28, 2023
Chibuzoc:
grin my guy no gree eat food since yesterday, he de depressed like this tongue I tell am say Nigeria na jungle make he no put mind for the zoo of a cunt3, he de cap shii say new nigeria is possible, I laff come tell am say nigeria no fit change all of a sudden at least e go take like 100 years b4 the corn3 fit better and blood go still flow b4 the reset, he say na lie say na because I be Biafran naim make me de talk like that. Now him eye don de clear small small, na me wey he de mock b4 as an #IPOB member come de console am shocked this life go far Sha.

Obidients been de happy when the zoo govt no gree obey court orders to release my leader #MaziNnamdiKanu them been de talk say my Manchi go make them lose selection grin grin now how far.

So I say make I tell una wey won protest for Biafran land say make una first apologize to IPOB b4 una start una protest.

Everyone can now clearly see why ipob have vehemently refused to believe and participate in the nigerian election process.
Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by Holoway: 10:46am On Feb 28, 2023
As for me, i will not sin against God because of Nigeria's election or politics. I will not use vulgar words or conduct myself inappropriately. They are running their race, me i am running my heavenly race
Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by udeh3(m): 10:47am On Feb 28, 2023
The best and honorable thing to do now is, halt the announcement and audit the process from PU. The Irev portal isn't working as expected, 3days after election, less than 40% unconfirmed votes are being announced, workers or staff compromised. But the good news is, we can still salvage the situation...

But after the announcement, it can't be salvaged anymore. This we now cause serious problem and various agitations across the country, in turn affecting our social economic life

My earnest prayer is that, at the end of the day, NIGERIA wins

We deserve a better NIGERIA
Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by Chibuzoc(m): 10:47am On Feb 28, 2023
JOemmy:

Everyone can now clearly see why ipob have vehemently refused to believe and participate in the nigerian election process.

Even the blind can see it now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by Jones4190(m): 10:47am On Feb 28, 2023
this people are confused, the constitution empower INEC to determine how election results are transmitted, it was INEC that introduce RVP for the efficiency of their work.

There is a marked difference between the transfer/transmission of results and the collation of results. Section 50(2) of the Electoral Act, 2022 gives the commission the absolute discretion to determine the mode and procedure of voting in an election and the transmission of election results.

“Sections 60 and 62 of the Electoral Act govern post-election procedure and collation of election results. Section 60(1) of the Act provides that the presiding officer shall, after counting the votes at a polling unit, enter the votes scored by each candidate in a form to be prescribed by the commission

Section 60(5) of the Act makes it mandatory that the presiding officer shall transfer the results, including total number of accredited voters and the results of the ballot in a manner prescribed by the commission. Thereafter, the presiding officer shall after recording and announcing the results deliver the same along with election materials under security and accompanied by the candidates or their polling agents, where available to such person as may be prescribed by the commission.

“The implication of this is that the collation process of results is still essentially manual, but the collation officer must collate subject to his verification and confirmation that the number of accredited voters stated on the collated result are correct and consistent with the number of accredited voters recorded and transmitted directly from polling units.”

The collation of results would “essentially” be done manually, where there was a (dispute) regarding a collated result or the result from any polling unit, the collation or returning officer would use the original of the disputed collated result, accreditation data from the BVAS device and the results transmitted directly from the polling unit to determine the correctness of the result.
Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by FBS: 10:48am On Feb 28, 2023
I honestly thought it was DJ CUPPy. cheesy

Jokers!
Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by Doyou2019: 10:48am On Feb 28, 2023
Massiveglory:
It does not matter who is winning here or there, INEC Chairman , having violated the law should save face and the nation from lawlessness and anarchy by declaring the election inconclusive.
That is the safest path right now.

The results of an election founded on corruption, illegality and irregularities cannot stand!

1 Like

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by IgOga(m): 10:49am On Feb 28, 2023
You wan destroy Nigeria because your candidate go loose......emura si.....God nor go allow you win
Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by Reptyle(m): 10:49am On Feb 28, 2023
ExAngel007:

https://www.thecable.ng/cupp-spokesperson-to-inec-halt-collation-of-presidential-poll-results-it-violates-the-law/amp

If you are indeed the "constitutional lawyer" he claims to be, then he should know that stopping the collation and announcement of results at this time will lead to a constitutional snafu. Instead let the process play out and leverage the dispute resolution mechanism at the tribunal to seek redress.

2 Likes

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by Chibuzoc(m): 10:49am On Feb 28, 2023
Faber:

Guy I no go lie give u, I no get voters card cos I know that elections in the zoo is a scam...I said if this one goes well, then I will get voters card and vote in the next...but they come fall my hands, I am not going to get voters card in this country even in the near future, it's totally useless... It is left for Obi to fight for his mandate, if he want, as for me I gave up on this country far back.

The kind laugh Nnamdi Kanu is laughing Obi now ehn, only God knows.

Me sef de laff my guy as he de shed tears but the laff na inside my mind
Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by ipobarecriminals: 10:50am On Feb 28, 2023
tongue Obaofaba, chineduawka,, chukwuibuipob, Roboto11.Make una warn you people sad angry
Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by Neoteny7: 10:50am On Feb 28, 2023
SirJerrie:

I guess Plateau State is an Igbo state!!!

All these yoruba people lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Plateau is CAN state. The most CAN state that ever CAN'd

They're the most misguided sheep ever.....after iPods.
Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by Godisallgood: 10:51am On Feb 28, 2023
Royalty83:
I am from UKWANI, Delta state but these Igbo folks can be really annoying.. TINUBU will win and will be declared PRESIDENT and if you have valid case to prove, then head to the courts.. How can Obi win when the core northerners did not vote for him?

They didn't because of his divisive brand of politics, I lost faith in him when started jumping from Revival to Night vigil.. I saw pure desperation..

Come out and get killed when the results are announced.. NDI NZUZU..
.. if truely u are ukwani as u claim u are disgrace to ur family because ukwani people are not known to be stupid because of the peanut u have gotten for being erand boy to politician and to make matter worse ur sense of reasoning to is to justify season of stupidity to call people that will fight for injustice nzu nzu.. this are d reason deltans as been rule by the few itsekeri , ijaws and urhobi because they think we d minority of ike u they way u reason with ur anus is why Dey don’t take us serious.. is a shame

1 Like

Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by UncommonLogic: 10:51am On Feb 28, 2023
ariesbull:
your stupidity is legendary
You mean your father's stupidity and gullibility. Well dine.
Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by rickleye: 10:51am On Feb 28, 2023
I am a Peter Obi supporter.

This is INEC fault in over promising and under delivering technology . In fact it is the technical adviser/ company who promised the BVAS would work in Nigeria climate and condition.

Your sample size was poor and technical support terrible.
What were the limitations from manufacturer that accompanied the use of the bvAs ?

Listen BvAs or no BvAs , it’s the us the people who are generally at fault. The human element.

It was a human who torched polling units and disenfranchised few hundreds of people. It is us, the people kidnapping some INEC officials , arriving late at polling stations , uploading female photos instead of PU results .( which I have verified and is mind boggling )

That said, for the adopting technology for the first time under our climate and condition - we tried.
Considering almost 177,000 PU across the nation and having issue in less than 1% . We CANNOT throwaway the baby with the bathing water. You address the irregularities at those PU stations. ( proven allegations that would affect the outcome of elections.)

Instead of poisoning the populace with unproven allegations and rhetoric, gather your facts and open a court case. Remember, that at the end of the day we have to move forward as a nation. Life goes on. As we say , we move !
Re: CUPP: Halt Collation Of Presidential Poll Results It Violates The Law by Majesty7: 10:51am On Feb 28, 2023
PresidentAtiku:
IS THIS MAHMOOD DRUNK OR SOMETHING?

You are openly going against the law and you don/t even care?

This is an exercise beamed all over Nigeria, Africa and the world. How can the head of INEC be breaking the law on national TV?

Nigeria is unique oooo... Next you would say go to court... Same court that made someone who came 4th the governor

Which law was broken?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Olaniran Akanfe Atidade Escapes Assassination, Hides In Bush For 2 Hours / Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure / Trump Solidarity Rally: Pro-Biafra Agitators, Soldiers Clash, Scores Wounded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.