Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,208 members, 7,839,114 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

With These Results Tinubu And APC Have Won 2023 Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / With These Results Tinubu And APC Have Won 2023 Election (2458 Views)

Matawalle to NEF: Tinubu Won 2023 Elections Convincingly, You Don't Speak For Us / Peter Obi To Atiku: I Won 2023 Presidential Election / I Founded APC, Have Sacked Oshiomhole For Anti-party Activities - Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: With These Results Tinubu And APC Have Won 2023 Election by Kukutenla: 3:30pm On Feb 28, 2023
LandMann:

Oga, both of them should have worked together... Of what use is working independently and then losing the election?

Atiku and Obi's vote combined would have gotten the duo 11-12 million votes and I believe Atiku would have handed over to Obi after 8 years...

Right now, if Tinubu does 8 years, he's going to hand over to a northerner who'll do 8 years... If that northerner doesn't pick a vp from the east then it's going to be impossible for east to produce a president for next 16 to 24 years.

Election is a logical process based on numbers and interests... It's not all this emotional gragra that easterners are doing.
You're correct. That's the ideal scenario. But I'm looking at the real scenario of both not working together.
Atiku's confidence was based on his belief that the North is his to conquer. And it was indeed. But the problem is his usual inability to hold his strongholds. It's what has been his Achilles heel since 2019. First, is the split in PDP which was badly managed. I believe even if he decided to not work with the govs, he should have ensured that his campaign council get alternate means in those states.
Secondly, he performed below expectation in the North. He should have done better I'm there North
Re: With These Results Tinubu And APC Have Won 2023 Election by Kukutenla: 3:35pm On Feb 28, 2023
ImpregnaTor:
And I repeat, you know nothing!

He doesn't need to win Lagos to win a national election

Eehn eehn. Where does he need to win Oga wey sabi.
If not that you're slow, you'll check the history books and see that this is the first time we're having a president who didn't win Lagos since 1999.
And even OBJ who didn't win Lagos in 1999 won Kano.
If Atiku can't win Lagos and Kano, tell me where he expects to win to become president
Re: With These Results Tinubu And APC Have Won 2023 Election by ImpregnaTor(m): 3:37pm On Feb 28, 2023
Kukutenla:

Eehn eehn. Where does he need to win Oga wey sabi.
If not that you're slow, you'll check the history books and see that this is the first time we're having a president who didn't win Lagos since 1999.
And even OBJ who didn't win Lagos in 1999 won Kano.
If Atiku can't win Lagos and Kano, tell me where he expects to win to become president
You know nothing!
Re: With These Results Tinubu And APC Have Won 2023 Election by romenna: 3:38pm On Feb 28, 2023
LandMann:
Obi whipped up too much religious sentiments during the campaigns... visiting churches and crusades to gain recognition... This contributes to why he failed woefully in the north and was unable to get required 25% votes in most states in NE and NW. His vice was just a political paperweight in the north who was being overly hyped by obedients.
DATTI no get level for north.
I wish KWANKWANSO agreed to align, it wud av been over for APC and PD by now
Re: With These Results Tinubu And APC Have Won 2023 Election by Kukutenla: 3:43pm On Feb 28, 2023
ImpregnaTor:
You know nothing!
You're the one who knows nothing

Just an internet rat who lives on emotional edge

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chinese Secretly Mining Titanium Ore In Nigeria Intercepted; Ruitai Firm Shut / New Speaker Dogded Nysc? / United States Of AFRICA, A Ruse & Deceitful.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.