Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,353 members, 7,819,255 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism (1863 Views)

How Satan Crumbles A 21st Century Marriage / Adegboyega Adefarasin's 21st Birthday: Pastor Paul Adefarasin Celebrates His Son / The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by jaephoenix(m): 11:02pm On Feb 28, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

The fact is we have seen that in this world no thing can build itself. It is always built by another. And this House we call the earth cannot build itself. Therefore, it must be built by a Person. It is that Person Whom we acknowledge and respect that we call God in whatever dialect we have.

Therefore, as Abdul, said, there isn't any nation which does not have a Name in respect and reverence of He Who created this House, which we popularly call "God".
What does your own nation call this creator?
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by jaephoenix(m): 11:03pm On Feb 28, 2023
Kalatium:

People who are unsure about the existence of a God but keep an open mind and recognize the limits of human knowledge and experience according to your definition are also atheist.
No. They're agnostic

1 Like

Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by jaephoenix(m): 11:05pm On Feb 28, 2023
AbdulMagaji:

Let me give you a practical illustration on what is meant by idol worship and who God almighty is.

Now in electricity, we have what is called..

Power generation (Dam for example)

Power transmission (via transmission lines)

Power distribution (via transformers)

Now...

Power generation = God

Power transmission = his force of creation

Power distribution = electricity we use at home (take it as his creation which could be object or matter or human or the earth)

Now, you realize that Almighty God has a power within him in which at the end of anything he created he drops or leaves a bit of his power (now electricity) in it, in other words every creation has a life force deposited in them by God almighty after creation.

Humans, animals, the earth, the trees, the sea, the rocks, sands, air, the moon, the sun etc. all has a force which was deposited in them after creation so as to keep it running.

So now, these creations that I listed above posses an amount of power which can be tapped or recognized by humans.

Now so many humans, after realizing the powers in what God has created, decided to worship these things.

But God almighty is saying that NO, we are NOT to worship these things rather we are to worship him the CREATOR of these things (power generator in my illustration)

Most times in my village, after an abomination is committed by someone, people say to such person that you have defiled the land and the soil is angry with such person. This is because the land in which these person steps on, recognizes such abomination as evil.

I believe you know understand the difference between gods and almighty God.

No. You're just muddying the water.
Do you believe everything is created?
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Kobojunkie: 11:06pm On Feb 28, 2023
AbdulMagaji:
■ I was born in a community were I observed the traditions closely as a kid. Having grown up with my family I came to the realization that the old testament serves as the basis on which my traditions were built.
■ Now when translated into English, we refer to God in my tradition as follows.
▪︎Mighty God or God almighty
▪︎ God the creator
▪︎ God that never changes = I am that I am
So we do not relate with any white Jewish assumptions as we already knew who God is before the British brought in the new testament.
1. You are very wrong in your conclusion. The Old Law of Moses is instead the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan handed by God to the people of Israel, the Nation He constituted as His own inheritance in the land of men. Given that the Israelites were men, the Constitution mirrored many of the traditions of other nations at the time of its making, even as it included other lands which were meant to elevate the people above status of ordinary men as they obeyed them. That Law was in no way meant for any other people or Nation to build their traditions upon. undecided

2. Notice those are all titles based on attributes you believe apply as far as the God you worship? And yes, it should not matter what others believe of their deity as context is key when it comes to the God one worships. For instance, the God of Israel made it abundantly clear that His only people are those who have the blood of Israel coursing through their veins. undecided

What those of the religion of Christianity also do not realize is that the New Covenant--- Jesus Christ--- is also a Constitutional Law. What is referred to as the Gospel is in fact the National Constitution of God's special Kingdom of Priests which He promised to make of the children of Israel - Exodus 19 vs 6. So, it is equally wrong for any community, people or Nation to pretend to build what it refers to as traditions upon even this Law. undecided
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by jaephoenix(m): 11:06pm On Feb 28, 2023
AbdulMagaji:

You want me to tell you the source of the power of God almighty?

I have told you that he is an invisible being, no human can see him until after death.

But he can talk to you if you ask him.
Do you talk to him?
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by jaephoenix(m): 11:07pm On Feb 28, 2023
AbdulMagaji:

God almighty created man in his own image and likeness
How do you know this? Again I ask
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by sonmvayina(m): 11:11pm On Feb 28, 2023
jaephoenix:

Through the oracle...
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by jaephoenix(m): 11:12pm On Feb 28, 2023
sonmvayina:

Through the oracle...
Where's this oracle? Who has access?

1 Like

Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by sonmvayina(m): 11:14pm On Feb 28, 2023
jaephoenix:

Where's this oracle? Who has access?

A spiritualist...
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by jaephoenix(m): 11:31pm On Feb 28, 2023
sonmvayina:

A spiritualist...
Who and where is this spiritualist?
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Nobody: 2:12am On Mar 01, 2023
jaephoenix:

I don't owe you any explanation regarding the creator of the heavens and the earth and all that dwells in it.

Rather it is of a good to you (and not to him) if you recognize your creator and worship him.

If you think the earth you live in today, the sun and the other planets just suddenly/magically appeared and the humans and all that dwells on earth today also magically appeared then you need think again and again.

God almighty, the creator of the heavens and the earth exist in a realm that is far greater than the reach of mere humans. Humans exist in a physical realm that doesn't qualify it to see the creator.

I just pity some of you who have been beclouded by your science by not realizing the life force that is holding on to universe.

Scientist and researchers regularly discovers and picks up materials from the EARTH today and then use them to manufacture or CREATES products that benefits the general human But now inturn tells you that these same materials being used, came up as a result of big bang on the earth today.

I then ask , if you can physically CREATE fine products from the material deposits on earth how come you then think that these materials suddenly appeared on the earth after your big bang?

There are technologies today that can redirect astroids, now scientist having known that the earth was as a result of a big bang should have smashed two astroid (bang) and then move over to one of the pieces resulting from the bang to live in. This would have substanciated their claim on the formation of the earth.
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Trollronaldo: 5:55am On Mar 01, 2023
For me, the first stage of leaving religion is usually being an SBNR.
Then you move to probably Deism (some People just stop here)

The more overzealous ones move to antitheism, depending on the person's maturity and ability to avoid arguments, he becomes atheist.

But when you start scrutinizing atheism, you will end up at Agnosticism.

1 Like

Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Kobojunkie: 6:03am On Mar 01, 2023
Trollronaldo:
The more overzealous ones moves to antitheism, depending on thr person's maturity and ability to avoid arguments, he becomes atheist. But when you start scrutinizing atheism, you will end up at Agnosticism.
You pretty much nailed it, I think. I find it really hard to believe any of these here are atheists as I can remember I never had time for these arguments back when I used to be one and I was on Nairaland for a long time even then. undecided
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Trollronaldo: 7:00am On Mar 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You pretty much nailed it, I think. I find it really hard to believe any of these here are atheists as I can remember I never had time for these arguments back when I used to be one and I was on Nairaland for a long time even then. undecided
yes, Atheists usually will avoid confrontations with religious people because they are matured enough to understand that it's counterproductive to try to attack people beliefs. An athiest will only engage you in a debate if you come to him and then he has assessed that you are emotionally strong enough to handle the rigors. While engaging you, he doesn't try to denigrate your beliefs, he explains to you why he doesn't agree with you respectfully.

I use to be an atheist, and most time when Christian evangelists come to me to spread their gospel, I usually do not argue with them because I don't want them to feel bad. I accept whatever they have to say, as long as they are going to leave me alone afterwards. I eventually tell them that I don't believe in God when they are becoming too persistent in their follow up. Alot of times, many of them do not follow up
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Kobojunkie: 7:10am On Mar 01, 2023
Trollronaldo:
■yes, Atheists usually will avoid confrontations with religious people because they are matured enough to understand that it's counterproductive to try to attack people beliefs. An athiest will only engage you in a debate if you come to him and then he has assessed that you are emotionally strong enough to handle the rigors. While engaging you, he doesn't try to denigrate your beliefs, he explains to you why he doesn't agree with you respectfully.
■I use to be an atheist, and most time when Christian evangelists come to me to spread their gospel, I usually do not argue with them because I don't want them to feel bad. I accept whatever they have to say, as long as they are going to leave me alone afterwards. I eventually tell them that I don't believe in God when they are becoming too persistent in their follow up. Alot of times, many of them do not follow up
1. Exactly! Watching these guys here claim to be atheists, all the while running the hamster wheel here regularly... I wonder if they will ever realize they appear just as pathetic as the religious folks who engage them in these same arguments day after day. They are just as religious as those they put down. lipsrsealed

2. I believe in respecting the beliefs of others so long as it is of no concern to mine, even up till now. Back when I was an atheist, I rarely had time to do much with religious folks as I had enough on my plate with a religious mother who was hell-bent on saving her child who was going to hell for not believing in God. I showed up at her church when she wanted me to but made certain she knew my thoughts of what was said during the whole church session — my mum used to cringe every time that happened. undecided
ROLFMAO!
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by sonmvayina(m): 10:53am On Mar 01, 2023
jaephoenix:

Who and where is this spiritualist?

Somebody well vexed in spiritual matters..
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by jaephoenix(m): 1:40pm On Mar 01, 2023
AbdulMagaji:

I don't owe you any explanation regarding the creator of the heavens and the earth and all that dwells in it.

Rather it is of a good to you (and not to him) if you recognize your creator and worship him.

If you think the earth you live in today, the sun and the other planets just suddenly/magically appeared and the humans and all that dwells on earth today also magically appeared then you need think again and again.

God almighty, the creator of the heavens and the earth exist in a realm that is far greater than the reach of mere humans. Humans exist in a physical realm that doesn't qualify it to see the creator.

I just pity some of you who have been beclouded by your science by not realizing the life force that is holding on to universe.

Scientist and researchers regularly discovers and picks up materials from the EARTH today and then use them to manufacture or CREATES products that benefits the general human But now inturn tells you that these same materials being used, came up as a result of big bang on the earth today.

I then ask , if you can physically CREATE fine products from the material deposits on earth how come you then think that these materials suddenly appeared on the earth after your big bang?

There are technologies today that can redirect astroids, now scientist having known that the earth was as a result of a big bang should have smashed two astroid (bang) and then move over to one of the pieces resulting from the bang to live in. This would have substanciated their claim on the formation of the earth.
Bro, your grasp of science (and by extension) the Big Bang Theory is appalling.
Do you even know that the Big Bang Theory was made by a Christian like you? And a priest for that matter? And what's more, its accepted by the Catholic Church?
Christians here on Nairaland seem to be the daftest creatures that draw breath

1 Like

Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by jaephoenix(m): 1:42pm On Mar 01, 2023
Trollronaldo:
For me, the first stage of leaving religion is usually being an SBNR.
Then you move to probably Deism (some People just stop here)

The more overzealous ones move to antitheism, depending on the person's maturity and ability to avoid arguments, he becomes atheist.

But when you start scrutinizing atheism, you will end up at Agnosticism.
I agree but what's the issue with atheism(from an agnostic POV)
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by jaephoenix(m): 1:43pm On Mar 01, 2023
Trollronaldo:
yes, Atheists usually will avoid confrontations with religious people because they are matured enough to understand that it's counterproductive to try to attack people beliefs. An athiest will only engage you in a debate if you come to him and then he has assessed that you are emotionally strong enough to handle the rigors. While engaging you, he doesn't try to denigrate your beliefs, he explains to you why he doesn't agree with you respectfully.

I use to be an atheist, and most time when Christian evangelists come to me to spread their gospel, I usually do not argue with them because I don't want them to feel bad. I accept whatever they have to say, as long as they are going to leave me alone afterwards. I eventually tell them that I don't believe in God when they are becoming too persistent in their follow up. Alot of times, many of them do not follow up
So what are you now?
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by jaephoenix(m): 1:45pm On Mar 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Exactly! Watching these guys here claim to be atheists, all the while running the hamster wheel here regularly... I wonder if they will ever realize they appear just as pathetic as the religious folks who engage them in these same arguments day after day. They are just as religious as those they put down. lipsrsealed

2. I believe in respecting the beliefs of others so long as it is of no concern to mine, even up till now. Back when I was an atheist, I rarely had time to do much with religious folks as I had enough on my plate with a religious mother who was hell-bent on saving her child who was going to hell for not believing in God. I showed up at her church when she wanted me to but made certain she knew my thoughts of what was said during the whole church session — my mum used to cringe every time that happened. undecided
ROLFMAO!
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
You're even worse than a theist. You don't make sense at all. At least theists base their faith on some book. Youre just lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by jaephoenix(m): 1:45pm On Mar 01, 2023
sonmvayina:

Is that the answer to my question?
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Trollronaldo: 2:20pm On Mar 01, 2023
jaephoenix:

So what are you now?
I am a weak agnostic
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 01, 2023
jaephoenix:

Bro, your grasp of science (and by extension) the[b] Big Bang Theory is appalling. [/b]
Do you even know that the Big Bang Theory was made by a Christian like you? And a priest for that matter? And what's more, its accepted by the Catholic Church?
Christians here on Nairaland seem to be the daftest creatures that draw breath

Look at you!

What then is their idea about the big bang ?

Was the action of collision not part of big bang?

I don't even care who rolled out such idea and they being christians has no direct impact on my knowledge about the creator of heaven and earth.

Anyone can be inspired with devine knowledge by God almighty.
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Trollronaldo: 2:28pm On Mar 01, 2023
jaephoenix:

I agree but what's the issue with atheism(from an agnostic POV)
there are many point of views from within Agnosticism. But since I am a weak agnostic (our philosophical stance is that: there's no sufficient knowledge in form of evidence to determine the existence of a creator now, we may find out in future), I don't think it's inappropriate to discredit or accept something that we do not have sufficient knowledge about. So I think it's inappropriate for theists accepting it and atheists rejecting it.

Athiests should reject the existence of a god on the basis that they have sufficient knowledge that all forms of gods don't exist.
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by sonmvayina(m): 3:58pm On Mar 01, 2023
jaephoenix:

Is that the answer to my question?

Lol...your very funny..

You asked who is a spiritualist..

I said somebody that is knowledgeable in spiritual matters....

What did I miss?
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Maynman: 6:02pm On Mar 01, 2023
When people become empty that’s when they start to pull out the “spiritual card”. What are the achievements of “spiritualities”? Is it needed in development or progress?
I’d rather be SPIRITED than “spiritual”.
Every achievements is a result of individuals that were SPIRITED, not being delusional and calling yourself “spiritual” with nothing to show for it.

Even in the animal kingdom you need to be spirited to survive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Kobojunkie: 6:33pm On Mar 01, 2023
jaephoenix:

You're even worse than a theist. You don't make sense at all. At least theists base their faith on some book. Youre just lipsrsealed
See Confusion! grin

ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Maynman: 6:45pm On Mar 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
See Confusion! grin

ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Says the person that “believes” one Iesus chrestus exists beyond the pages of New Testament bwahahahah 😂
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by jaephoenix(m): 7:04pm On Mar 01, 2023
sonmvayina:

I'm done with your merry go round

1 Like

Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by jaephoenix(m): 7:05pm On Mar 01, 2023
Trollronaldo:
I am a weak agnostic
What's your argument for agnosticism
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by jaephoenix(m): 7:09pm On Mar 01, 2023
AbdulMagaji:

Look at you!

What then is their idea about the big bang ?

Was the action of collision not part of big bang?

I don't even care who rolled out such idea and they being christians has no direct impact on my knowledge about the creator of heaven and earth.

Anyone can be inspired with devine knowledge by God almighty.

Actually, Catholics adopted it because creationism is a pack of lies. They realized now that with the evidence science has shown, the story of Yahweh popping up and creating the world with magic words is a beautiful load of cattle turd.
And also your Yahweh story of creation cannot be evidenced

2 Likes

Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by jaephoenix(m): 7:11pm On Mar 01, 2023
Trollronaldo:
there are many point of views from within Agnosticism. But since I am a weak agnostic (our philosophical stance is that: there's no sufficient knowledge in form of evidence to determine the existence of a creator now, we may find out in future), I don't think it's inappropriate to discredit or accept something that we do not have sufficient knowledge about. So I think it's inappropriate for theists accepting it and atheists rejecting it.

Athiests should reject the existence of a god on the basis that they have sufficient knowledge that all forms of gods don't exist.
1. Do you think pink unicorns exist?
2. Would I be wrong to disbelieve if it exists?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Christians Would You Repent? / Missing Gawat Found? / 'Obamacare' Microchip Is A Confirmed RUMOUR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.