Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,341 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism (1864 Views)

How Satan Crumbles A 21st Century Marriage / Adegboyega Adefarasin's 21st Birthday: Pastor Paul Adefarasin Celebrates His Son / The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Trollronaldo: 6:27am On Mar 02, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. Which god?
2. Remember, we were talking about creation. How did you know we were created?
1. Did the Egyptians build the pyramids?
2. If yes, how?
3. If you don't know, can you then conclude that the pyramids weren't built?
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Maynman: 6:51am On Mar 02, 2023
Trollronaldo:
2. If yes, how?

The pyramids predated “Egyptians”.
Did the “Egyptians” build the ones in Ethiopia?, the oldest pyramids are found there.

1 Like

Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Maynman: 6:57am On Mar 02, 2023
Trollronaldo:
you are cherrypicking what to discuss.
Does this your logic also apply to aliens?
Let’s use your logic.
“people should reject the existence of aliens on the basis that they have sufficient knowledge that all forms of aliens don't exist.”

1 Like

Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by sonmvayina(m): 7:26am On Mar 02, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. Which god?
2. Remember, we were talking about creation. How did you know we were created?

There is only one creator...

That's why it is called a UNIverse.

It is just the nomenclature that is different..

The Igbos calls it CHUKWU
The yorubas calls it Olodumare/Eledumare.

Etc.

We did not just magically appear, whatever was there at the beginning is responsible for all of these....
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Maynman: 7:28am On Mar 02, 2023
sonmvayina:

We did not just magically appear, whatever was there at the beginning is responsible for all of these....
And whatever was here in the beginning magically appeared?
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by sonmvayina(m): 7:29am On Mar 02, 2023
Maynman:

Which of the gods though, yahweh or marduk? Bwahahahah

There is only one God....

Just only the name is different....
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by sonmvayina(m): 7:30am On Mar 02, 2023
Maynman:

And whatever was here in the beginning magically appeared?

Yes it did....

If it did not, we won't be here...
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Maynman: 7:30am On Mar 02, 2023
sonmvayina:

Yes it did....

If it did not, we won't be here...

What’s your proof? Who created this “magic”?
If something can “magically” appear, why can’t we?
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Maynman: 7:31am On Mar 02, 2023
sonmvayina:

There is only one God....

There is only one Idol...

Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by sonmvayina(m): 8:02am On Mar 02, 2023
Maynman:

What’s your proof? Who created this “magic”?
If something can “magically” appear, why can’t we?

Did you magically appear?

Olodo....

What ever it is that was there that started this whole life.....
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Maynman: 8:03am On Mar 02, 2023
sonmvayina:

Did you magically appear?

Olodo....

What ever it is that was there that started this whole life.....

Yes I magically appeared

Olofo….

Why didn’t the magic start the whole life?
Why is it that it’s the product of the magic that started the whole life?
Your god too was created by this magic, so what’s stopping the magic from creating another thing “magically”?
And why only one god that “magically” appeared, why not 1 million Gods?

We can all assume grin

1 Like

Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Dtruthspeaker: 9:20am On Mar 02, 2023
Kalatium:

Then you do not understand who an agnostic is .

For your information your statement does not dtem from atheism but rather Anti-theism.

Do you not see that you speak like a mad person?

No one said anything about agnosticism nor is atheism/antitheism still in issue for I had put you down on it and you could not counter so you moved along to another issue of "people are unsure...'

So, clearly you do not have any reasonable thing to say.
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by jaephoenix(m): 9:49am On Mar 02, 2023
Trollronaldo:
you are cherrypicking what to discuss.
Does this your logic also apply to aliens?
No, I'm not cherrypicking. Remember we're talking about a god existence. Let's not derail. We can get to aliens or whatever later, though I don't know the correlation
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by jaephoenix(m): 9:51am On Mar 02, 2023
Trollronaldo:
2. If yes, how?
If you answer my questions, then I'll gladly answer yours
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Trollronaldo: 10:36am On Mar 02, 2023
jaephoenix:

If you answer my questions, then I'll gladly answer yours
what's your question?
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Trollronaldo: 10:38am On Mar 02, 2023
jaephoenix:

No, I'm not cherrypicking. Remember we're talking about a god existence. Let's not derail. We can get to aliens or whatever later, though I don't know the correlation
you want to assume that because there's no evidence for a god and a pink unicorn, hence they both don't exist but that logic will fail if you apply it to the existence of a unicorn or existence of a blackhole in 18th century
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by LordReed(m): 10:48am On Mar 02, 2023
Trollronaldo:
you want to assume that because there's no evidence for a god and a pink unicorn, hence they both don't exist but that logic will fail if you apply it to the existence of a unicorn or existence of a blackhole in 18th century

When the properties of whatever is being described borders on non-existence then I see no further logical conclusion. If the pink unicorn for instance is said to be invisible and undetectable in any electromagnetic spectrum then how can it exist? If it is pink then it means some form of light, an electromagnetic phenomenon, emanates from it so when the undetectable attribute is added to the mix it means the so called pink cannot be detected so by what means was it known to exist? The logical conclusion is it doesn't exist since the attribute by which it would have been detected cannot be fulfilled by any means.

I like the blackhole analogy but here's where it falls short. The attributes by which it may be detected could not be explored until much later. The blackholes where never said to be beyond any means of detection.
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Trollronaldo: 11:03am On Mar 02, 2023
LordReed:

When the properties of whatever is being described borders on non-existence then I see no further logical conclusion. If the pink unicorn for instance is said to be invisible and undetectable in any electromagnetic spectrum then how can it exist? If it is pink then it means some form of light, an electromagnetic phenomenon, emanates from it so when the undetectable attribute is added to the mix it means the so called pink cannot be detected so by what means was it known to exist? The logical conclusion is it doesn't exist since the attribute by which it would have been detected cannot be fulfilled by any means.

I like the blackhole analogy but here's where it falls short. The attributes by which it may be detected could not be explored until much later. The blackholes where never said to be beyond any means of detection.
he asked for pink unicorn, not invisible pink unicorn.

I would have immediately told him that invisible pink unicorns cannot exist based on the knowledge that we have, but he said pink unicorn. I don't know if a pink unicorn has ever existed in the past.

There's also a possibility that we may never be able to meet an alien until we go extinction because of how vast the universe is. It still doesn't mean that aliens don't exist.
There's a possibility that we may never know how the singularity got there, it still doesn't mean that a creator doesn't exist.

We just do not have sufficient knowledge to know now whether aliens or a creator exist. Until we acquire that knowledge, we cannot totally overrule it
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by LordReed(m): 11:16am On Mar 02, 2023
Trollronaldo:
he asked for pink unicorn, not invisible pink unicorn.

I would have immediately told him that invisible pink unicorns cannot exist based on the knowledge that we have, but he said pink unicorn. I don't know if a pink unicorn has ever existed in the past.

There's also a possibility that we may never be able to meet an alien until we go extinction because of how vast the universe is. It still doesn't mean that aliens don't exist.
There's a possibility that we may never know how the singularity got there, it still doesn't mean that a creator doesn't exist.

We just do not have sufficient knowledge to know now whether aliens or a creator exist. Until we acquire that knowledge, we cannot totally overrule it

I agree with the last statement however what I am pointing out is when you cannot find something based on its given attribute and not because you haven't sufficiently explored then it is hard not to conclude that it doesn't exist.

1 Like

Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Trollronaldo: 11:18am On Mar 02, 2023
LordReed:

I agree with the last statement however what I am pointing out is when you cannot find something based on its given attribute and not because you haven't sufficiently explored then it is hard not to conclude that it doesn't exist.
Well, true.

We all know that a macroscopic amoeba cannot exist, we have enough knowledge about this
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by sonmvayina(m): 11:20am On Mar 02, 2023
Maynman:

Yes I magically appeared

Olofo….

Why didn’t the magic start the whole life?
Why is it that it’s the product of the magic that started the whole life?
Your god too was created by this magic, so what’s stopping the magic from creating another thing “magically”?

We can all assume grin

What ever the magic that was there in the beginning...is what we call God. I doubt it it is an idol like you claim....

Whatever you think it is....
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by LordReed(m): 11:40am On Mar 02, 2023
Trollronaldo:
Well, true.

We all know that a macroscopic amoeba cannot exist, we have enough knowledge about this

Right.
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by LordReed(m): 11:41am On Mar 02, 2023
sonmvayina:

What ever the magic that was there in the beginning...is what we call God. I doubt it it is an idol like you claim....

So even if it was just quantum foam it's still a god?
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Maynman: 12:00pm On Mar 02, 2023
sonmvayina:

God/god/Deity/deity simply means idol.
Why do you think this magic is called “god”.
Please look up on the origin of the word “god”.

1 Like

Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by sonmvayina(m): 12:05pm On Mar 02, 2023
Maynman:

God/god/Deity/deity simply means idol.
Why do you think this magic is called “god”.
Please look up on the origin of the word “god”.

Which name you suggest we go with it...?

It is UNIverse...

Uni is short for unit, which connotes singularity
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Maynman: 12:07pm On Mar 02, 2023
sonmvayina:

Which name you suggest we go with it...?

It is UNIverse...

Uni is short for unit, which connotes singularity

How do you know we have one UNIverse?

It’s you that said something magically appears so find a name for it, but god simply means idol.
You’re basing your assumptions on assumptions om assumptions.

Each “god” creating his own UNIverse?

1 Like

Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by sonmvayina(m): 12:17pm On Mar 02, 2023
Maynman:

How do you know we have one UNIverse?

It’s you that said something magically appears so find a name for it, but god simply means idol.
You’re basing your assumptions on assumptions om assumptions.

Each “god” creating his own UNIverse?

Where are the other universes ?

You are the one asking stupid question like a toddler....
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Maynman: 12:34pm On Mar 02, 2023
sonmvayina:

Where are the other universes ?

You are the one asking stupid question like a toddler....

How do you come up with one UNIverse? Have you seen a UNIverse before, where does it begin and end?

You are the one assuming stupid things like an illiterate.

Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by sonmvayina(m): 12:40pm On Mar 02, 2023
Maynman:

How do you come up with one UNIverse? Have you seen a UNIverse before, where does it begin and end?

You are the one assuming stupid things like an illiterate.

We are both inside one..

Stop thinking with your anus..
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Maynman: 12:44pm On Mar 02, 2023
Uni from unit right?
A unit can be measured, so where does this unit start and end?

sonmvayina:

We are both inside one..

Stop thinking with your anus..

So, How do you come up with one UNIverse? Have you seen a UNIverse before, where does it begin and end?
Because we are in Nigeria that means there’s no other country?
Because we are on earth that means there is no other planet?
That’s exactly how those mesopotomia gods were thinking, they thought the world Begin and end in their region.
In your tanakh did they say anything about other planets apart from "Earth"

Start thinking even with your anus

1 Like

Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Kalatium(m): 8:22pm On Mar 03, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Do you not see that you speak like a mad person?

No one said anything about agnosticism nor is atheism/antitheism still in issue for I had put you down on it and you could not counter so you moved along to another issue of "people are unsure...'

So, clearly you do not have any reasonable thing to say.

Lol. Just when I have shown that you failed in your reasoning you resort to call me a mad man.

That Is a logical fallacy known as adhominem.

Since you have no better thing to say why don't you keep shut rather resulting to insults.
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Dtruthspeaker: 12:30am On Mar 04, 2023
Kalatium:

Lol. Just when I have shown that you failed in your reasoning you resort to call me a mad man.

That Is a logical fallacy known as adhominem.

Since you have no better thing to say why don't you keep shut rather resulting to insults.

Now you are resorting to lies because the records here clearly show you had nothing reasonable to counter hence your flying off point in raising agnosticism/atheism/antitheism. So, I did not call you mad, I just pointed out that you are looking unreasonable and not comported (mad) in saying agnosticism/atheism/antitheism and going off point.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Catholic Rev Frs Raping, Impregnating, And Forcing Rev Srs To Do Abortions / Does Religion Impede Development? / If Money Is The Root Of All Evil...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.