Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism (1862 Views)

How Satan Crumbles A 21st Century Marriage / Adegboyega Adefarasin's 21st Birthday: Pastor Paul Adefarasin Celebrates His Son / The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Kalatium(m): 6:44pm On Feb 28, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

My point is antitheism is still atheism described for short.

Then you didn't initially understand my point.

From my article, what is more rampant these days is more of antitheism than atheism.
They are not exactly the same thing.
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Kalatium(m): 6:46pm On Feb 28, 2023
Maynman:

As you understand is different from facts on ground.
The English man is the one that knows his words in English, just as an English man won’t be claiming he understand yoruba language.

God/god means same thing.

Are we talking mythologies here?
Heaven means sky? What are the realms of sky?

You are having a point.

The issue of religion will continue to be a bone of contention till the 25th century.

1 Like

Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Dtruthspeaker: 6:47pm On Feb 28, 2023
Kalatium:

Religion has reached a point where if it didn't reform it will have to be discarded.

Religion can never be discarded because you people do not real eyes that religion means "a pursuit or interest followed with great devotion"

The serious Love and Respect for God is just one of the several pursuits that a person can undertake. And pursuit of interest has always been personal, thus, even a person who is very much devoted to technology is still a religionist.
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Kalatium(m): 6:47pm On Feb 28, 2023
Kobojunkie:
And then we can each, as individuals, worship our own deity of choice in our private space? undecided

I vote we discard religion then abeg! undecided

Which is not going to happen. The human instinct to believe in something will never go away. Religion is even waxing stronger.
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Dtruthspeaker: 6:49pm On Feb 28, 2023
Kalatium:

Then you didn't initially understand my point.

From my article, what is more rampant these days is more of antitheism than atheism.
They are not exactly the same thing.

And I disagree. Misappropriation is stealing as antitheism is still atheism.
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Kalatium(m): 6:50pm On Feb 28, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Religion can never be discarded because you people do not real eyes that religion means "a pursuit or interest followed with great devotion"

The serious Love and Respect for God is just one of the several pursuits that a person can undertake. And pursuit of interest has always been personal, thus, even a person who is very much devoted to technology is still a religionist.

You are indirectly proving my point . Religion is evolving, hope you know that scientology is a religion . We have people who call themselves spiritual but do not practice religion.

1 Like

Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Dtruthspeaker: 6:53pm On Feb 28, 2023
Kalatium:
... Religion is evolving, hope you know that scientology is a religion . We have people who call themselves spiritual but do not practice religion.

Yeah! That is what I tell all those thinking that they can escape religion or kill religion. They just make a fool of themselves.
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Kalatium(m): 6:55pm On Feb 28, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

And I disagree. Misappropriation is stealing as antitheism is still atheism.
Here is a difference between the two terms.

Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 28, 2023
Kalatium:

You have a point , however what you are saying seems to be assumptions or what you grew up knowing not based on facts.

Of all my experience in this life ! lol

Sorry ehh!
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Kalatium(m): 7:01pm On Feb 28, 2023
AbdulMagaji:

Of all my experience in this life ! lol

Sorry ehh!

Sorry to you too.
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Dtruthspeaker: 7:02pm On Feb 28, 2023
Kalatium:

Here is a difference between the two terms.

Refusing to recognise attributes of God is denial of God

Refusal to acknowledge any evidence of God is still denial of God!

So you see, it is still the same thing.
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Dtruthspeaker: 7:10pm On Feb 28, 2023
Kalatium:

You have a point , however what you are saying seems to be assumptions or what you grew up knowing not based on facts.

The fact is we have seen that in this world no thing can build itself. It is always built by another. And this House we call the earth cannot build itself. Therefore, it must be built by a Person. It is that Person Whom we acknowledge and respect that we call God in whatever dialect we have.

Therefore, as Abdul, said, there isn't any nation which does not have a Name in respect and reverence of He Who created this House, which we popularly call "God".
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Kalatium(m): 7:13pm On Feb 28, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Refusing to recognise attributes of God is denial of God

Refusal to acknowledge any evidence of God is still denial of God!

So you see, it is still the same thing.

People who are unsure about the existence of a God but keep an open mind and recognize the limits of human knowledge and experience according to your definition are also atheist.
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Dtruthspeaker: 7:18pm On Feb 28, 2023
Kalatium:

People who are unsure about the existence of a God but keep an open mind and recognize the limits of human knowledge and experience according to your definition are also atheist.

People are not unsure they just hate God and don't want Him ruling over them.

Even the children of Israel who God used to resound His Name did not also want Him.
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 28, 2023
Maynman:

Where are you getting your own information from? From your smelly ass?

You can continue basking in ignorance.
Allah is a god same way yahweh is a god same way as brahma. If you like put capital G, deceiving yourself.

If not that you are empty you’d have posted your references.

I hope you don’t die a jewish slave worshipping israelite god called yahweh.

Let me give you a practical illustration on what is meant by idol worship and who God almighty is.

Now in electricity, we have what is called..

Power generation (Dam for example)

Power transmission (via transmission lines)

Power distribution (via transformers)

Now...

Power generation = God

Power transmission = his force of creation

Power distribution = electricity we use at home (take it as his creation which could be object or matter or human or the earth)

Now, you realize that Almighty God has a power within him in which at the end of anything he created he drops or leaves a bit of his power (now electricity) in it, in other words every creation has a life force deposited in them by God almighty after creation.

Humans, animals, the earth, the trees, the sea, the rocks, sands, air, the moon, the sun etc. all has a force which was deposited in them after creation so as to keep it running.

So now, these creations that I listed above posses an amount of power which can be tapped or recognized by humans.

Now so many humans, after realizing the powers in what God has created, decided to worship these things.

But God almighty is saying that NO, we are NOT to worship these things rather we are to worship him the CREATOR of these things (power generator in my illustration)

Most times in my village, after an abomination is committed by someone, people say to such person that you have defiled the land and the soil is angry with such person. This is because the land in which these person steps on, recognizes such abomination as evil.

I believe you know understand the difference between gods and almighty God.
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Maynman: 7:48pm On Feb 28, 2023
Who creates the dam that generates power? humans
Who created your god? Humans.

AbdulMagaji:

Let me give you a practical illustration on what is meant by idol worship and who God almighty is.

Now in electricity, we have what is called..

Power generation (Dam for example)

Power transmission (via transmission lines)

Power distribution (via transformers)

Now...

Power generation = God

Power distribution = his force of creation

Power distribution = electricity we use at home (take it as his creation which could be object or matter or human or the earth)

Now, you realize that Almighty God has a power within him in which at the end of anything he created he drops or leaves a bit of his power (now electricity) in it, in other words every creation has a life force deposited in it by God almighty after creation.

Humans, animals, the earth, the trees, the sea, the rocks, sands, air, the moon, the sun etc. all has a force which was deposited in it after creation.

So now, these creations that I listed above posses an amount of power which can be tapped or recognized by humans.

Now so many humans, after realizing the powers in what God has created, decided to worship these things.

But God almighty is saying that NO, we are NOT to worship these things rather we are to worship him the CREATOR of these things (power generator in my illustration)

Most times in my village, after an abomination is committed by someone, people say to such person that you have defiled the land and the soil is angry against such person. This is because the land in which these person steps on, recognizes such abomination as evil.

I believe you know understand the difference between gods and almighty God.

🥱 jargons

Keep basing your life on Old Testament and worshipping Israelite god called yahweh.

1 Like

Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 28, 2023
Maynman:
Who creates the dam that generates power? humans
Who created your god? Humans.

🥱 jargons

Keep basing your life on Old Testament and worshipping Israelite god called yahweh.

You want me to tell you the source of the power of God almighty?

I have told you that he is an invisible being, no human can see him until after death.

But he can talk to you if you ask him.
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Maynman: 8:03pm On Feb 28, 2023
AbdulMagaji:

You want me to tell you the source of the power of God almighty?

I have told you that he is an invisible being, no human can see him until after death.

But he can talk to you if you ask him.

If he’s invisible, how then do you know all of this attributes? We know your god is of male gender and jealous.
He talked to you and said his name is an English word called “god”?
If he talked to you why base your life on Old Testament? Why Old Testament and not quran?

Over 100 people die of malaria everyday in Nigeria, most are children, can you talk to him to make it stop?

1 Like

Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 28, 2023
Maynman:

If he’s invisible, how then do you know all of this attributes? We know your god is of male gender and jealous.
He talked to you and said his name is an English word called “god”?
If he talked to you why base your life on Old Testament? Why Old Testament and not quran?

God almighty created man in his own image and likeness
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Maynman: 8:07pm On Feb 28, 2023
AbdulMagaji:

God almighty created man in his own image and likeness

So he has hands and legs like us and HE is a man right?
Did he tell you that?

Over 100 people die of malaria everyday in Nigeria, most are children, can you talk to HIM to make it stop?

1 Like

Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Kobojunkie: 8:17pm On Feb 28, 2023
Kalatium:
Which is not going to happen. The human instinct to believe in something will never go away. Religion is even waxing stronger.
Religion is a man-made system of tools built atop of doctrines and traditions ---- theories and ideas put forward by men around the identity of a specific deity as a tool with which to pursue power and control over the minds of lives of their fellow men. Your many religious leaders and authorities are such men in whose hands religion is the tool with which to satisfy their lust for power, fame, and greed. undecided

I do not agree that one, anyone, needs this system of control in place in order to believe in something. Additionally, I think what you observe is that the system is finally reaching its peak since many more of those previously bound are realizing they can do without it and the lies it is founded upon in their lives. undecided

1 Like

Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by jaephoenix(m): 10:43pm On Feb 28, 2023
AbdulMagaji:

The creator of heaven and earth.
All of the above and more claim to create heaven and earth. So you need to choose which one is your favorite

1 Like

Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by jaephoenix(m): 10:44pm On Feb 28, 2023
Maynman:

The “i am that i am” is a wrong translation of the common English translation of the Hebrew phrase אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה‎‎ (’ehye ’ăšer ’ehye) use to describe the Israelite deity called yahweh.

Yahweh is a little idol though and if we are to compare both, yahweh stands no chance to brahma.
Yeah. I heard Brahma has some bad ass fireball that can blow up Yahweh's ass in a jiffy
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Maynman: 10:45pm On Feb 28, 2023
jaephoenix:

Yeah. I heard Brahma has some bad ass fireball that can blow up Yahweh's ass in a jiffy

Bwahahahah.
Yahweh sef no go wan try am grin
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by jaephoenix(m): 10:46pm On Feb 28, 2023
AbdulMagaji:

I was born in a community were I observed the traditions closely as a kid.

Having grown up with my family I came to the realization that the old testament serves as the basis on which my traditions were built.

Now when translated into English, we refer to God in my tradition as follows

Mighty God or God almighty

God the creator

God that never changes = I am that I am

So we do not relate with any white Jewish assumptions as we already knew who God is before the British brought in the new testament.

Oh, I guess that's not Yahweh. Hes White folk with flowing mane and blue eyes

1 Like

Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by jaephoenix(m): 10:47pm On Feb 28, 2023
AbdulMagaji:

Well, that's left for the English man to resolve.

But the general term in English as I understand is that when you use the word..

God = it refers to a bigger entity, biggest of all
gods

god = refers to a smaller entity, which is not
wordy

Just like the several realms in heaven..

There are realms which the smaller god exists, while there are also realms in which the biggest God exists.

And the biggest God is assumed to have created all the smaller heavens including the earth.
They're the same. The upper case G was introduced by the Christians. Same shit. Different case

1 Like

Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by jaephoenix(m): 10:49pm On Feb 28, 2023
AbdulMagaji:

Any tribe in the world has a name or caption that refers to the almighty God.

We cannot see the almighty God because he is not human.

Imagine the planetary system, do you think someone who is human can create such 7 rocks revolving around the Sun?

It's not magic.

Even the earth we live in today..

There's nothing on this Earth that can be created with magic.

So who ever created this Earth and other planets can never be equated with human.

He should be called omnipotent, omniscience because these things were created, not magically.

God can reveal things to you, if you seek him or if he has dedicated you for a certain purpose in life.
Again, which god? Brahma? Yahweh? Flying Spaghetti Monster?
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by jaephoenix(m): 10:52pm On Feb 28, 2023
AbdulMagaji:

Almighty God is not human made.

If your God is human made, then tell him to create a planet elsewhere where you and your other believers can quietly relocate to and serve him there!

Just throw this as a challenge to your human made God, since he is physically there with you.
How did you know your favorite daddy created the Universe? He sent you an email? undecided

1 Like

Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by jaephoenix(m): 10:58pm On Feb 28, 2023
Kalatium:

Assumptions? Maybe. But he's dropping some evidence to back his claims. You haven't dropped any.
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by Maynman: 10:58pm On Feb 28, 2023
jaephoenix:

Assumptions? Maybe. But he's dropping some evidence to back his claims. You haven't dropped any.

He was referring to the abdul guy.
Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by jaephoenix(m): 10:59pm On Feb 28, 2023
Kalatium:

You are having a point.

The issue of religion will continue to be a bone of contention till the 25th century.
Religion as we know it is gradually dying off. A brand of religion would be around then

2 Likes

Re: 21st Century And The Rise Of Antitheism by jaephoenix(m): 11:00pm On Feb 28, 2023
Kalatium:

No its not. Atheism is actually growing, according to many polls and researches

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jews Introduced Bill To Ban Christianity In Isreal / Is It Biblically Right To Have Tattoo On The Body? / Evolution's Missing Link May Have Been Found

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.