Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,682 members, 7,823,923 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Boko Haram Kills 4 At A Bar In Maiduguri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Kills 4 At A Bar In Maiduguri (3301 Views)

Fashola’s Son, Demola, Called To Bar In Abuja (photos) / Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed / Boko Haram Kills 13 People In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Kills 4 At A Bar In Maiduguri by Bintus2much(m): 7:57pm On Sep 13, 2011
Suspected Islamists kill four at bar in northern Nigeria

KANO, Nigeria — Gunmen killed four people at a bar in the troubled northern Nigerian city of Maiduguri in another of what has become incessant attacks blamed on an Islamist sect, police said Tuesday.
"A group of gunmen stormed a beer parlour in Jajeri area last night and opened fire, killing four people and seriously wounding another," Borno state police chief Simeon Midenda told AFP of the Monday attack.
There have been no arrests, but Midenda said "from all indications the attackers were from the Boko Haram sect".
The sect, which has been blamed for scores of bomb blasts and shootings, mainly in the country's northeast, has claimed responsibility for the August suicide bomb attack on UN headquarters in Abuja which killed 23 people.
In a separate incident, gunmen also shot an official of the city's rickshaw operators outside his house on Monday night, Midenda said.
"Gunmen shot dead a spokesman of the tricycle taxi operators association," said Midenda.
It was unclear why he was targeted, but rickshaws have become the main means of public transport in Maiduguri since July when the local government slapped a ban on motorcycles used as taxis.
Attacks in the city were mostly carried out by motorcycle-riding gunmen who shot their victims or tossed bombs at their targets and sped off.
Boko Haram, which launched an uprising in 2009 put down by a military assault, resurfaced last year targeting community leaders as well as members of the police, military and government.
The attacks have since intensified and become more sophisticated, including the use of bombs.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gXEKablH_91qY1YC8M-AeIv8mW3w?docId=CNG.77591e6bbe1ccd5c2f79f962f82a47ec.6e1
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 At A Bar In Maiduguri by Nobody: 12:50am On Sep 14, 2011
This has become so commonplace, i don't even get moved by these stories again which is quite unfortunate. May the dead rest in peace. I will stop clicking on these type of stories as long as it remains in the North!
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 At A Bar In Maiduguri by frenchman2: 1:09am On Sep 14, 2011
maybe when aso rock is targeted that's when the presidency will take drastic action.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 At A Bar In Maiduguri by Nobody: 1:33am On Sep 14, 2011
wetin pipo still dey go find for beer parlour for dat bornu sef? Somepersons r very very wise!!!!!!
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 At A Bar In Maiduguri by Kc3000: 3:44am On Sep 14, 2011
I keep hearing people accuse the president of being incompetent in this situation. Not saying that he is or not, but what exactly would any of you do in this situation that the President is not doing? He has deployed all the necessary security outfits, some of the best foreign agencies have been invited to help tackle the problem.
The president does not have supernatural powers, he cannot wish the problem away. This form of terrorism is new to Nigeria, but every country that has faced this problem has had a lot of difficulty combating it. Truth be told, it's going to take a tremendous effort on the part of the security forces in Nigeria to quell this rebellion. There is a time to abandon our political, cultural or religious affiliations and unanimously confront a problem that threatens us all. This is one of those times. Let's not politicize this issue, it's beyond that. That's all I have to say.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 At A Bar In Maiduguri by mitofag: 3:49am On Sep 14, 2011
Only 4?

Not so efficient
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 At A Bar In Maiduguri by phuckNL: 4:04am On Sep 14, 2011
Okay, here's a drastic but simple solution to the problem because it's now out of hand.

The Southwest should stop being cowards and end this nonsense immediately.
If OPC and co start eliminating Hausas and Fulanis in the south west in retaliation. When that happens, the silent Muslim north population will come out and stand againts this boko nonsense. They either do that or just repatriate their people from the south.

Don't let anyone deceive you, the muslim north, as far as i am concerned, condone boko haram 100%. Why are they so silent about the issue.
We need to start killing them too. Either the problem gets solved or we simply destroy the nation. Wetin
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 At A Bar In Maiduguri by Nobody: 4:06am On Sep 14, 2011
phuck_NL:

Okay, here's a drastic but simple solution to the problem because it's now out of hand.

[size=28pt]The Southwest should stop being cowards and end this nonsense immediately.[/size]
If OPC and co start eliminating Hausas and Fulanis in the south west in retaliation. When that happens, the silent Muslim north population will come out and stand againts this boko nonsense. They either do that or just repatriate their people from the south.

Don't let anyone deceive you, the muslim north, as far as i am concerned, condone boko haram 100%. Why are they so silent about the issue.
We need to start killing them too. Either the problem gets solved or we simply destroy the nation. Wetin

How is this a SW issue exactly?

Last time I checked, Kano was in the North killing NIgerians, which makes this a nigerian issue.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but since when did OPC become police or army unit or navy unit or. . . . ?
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 At A Bar In Maiduguri by buzcenter: 5:39am On Sep 14, 2011
we need to know who they really killed ,is it malam or real woman being
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 At A Bar In Maiduguri by ujukala: 6:03am On Sep 14, 2011
Go ahead and be killing your people. When others are acquiring education and getting good jobs, this is the most you can do.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 At A Bar In Maiduguri by Obinoscopy(m): 7:01am On Sep 14, 2011
Kc3000:

I keep hearing people accuse the president of being incompetent in this situation. Not saying that he is or not, but what exactly would any of you do in this situation that the President is not doing? He has deployed all the necessary security outfits, some of the best foreign agencies have been invited to help tackle the problem.
The president does not have supernatural powers, he cannot wish the problem away. This form of terrorism is new to Nigeria, but every country that has faced this problem has had a lot of difficulty combating it. Truth be told, it's going to take a tremendous effort on the part of the security forces in Nigeria to quell this rebellion. There is a time to abandon our political, cultural or religious affiliations and unanimously confront a problem that threatens us all. This is one of those times. Let's not politicize this issue, it's beyond that. That's all I have to say.

Well spoken. You've earned my respect
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 At A Bar In Maiduguri by phuckNL: 7:08am On Sep 14, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

How is this a SW issue exactly?

Last time I checked, Kano was in the North killing NIgerians, which makes this a nigerian issue.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but since when did OPC become police or army unit or navy unit or. . . . ?

It is a SW issue because the SW is the only one that can send them a message that will be loud and clear.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 At A Bar In Maiduguri by coolbright: 8:34am On Sep 14, 2011
phuck_NL:

I can't but concur with you. Instead of address the upheaval facing them, they stupidly took to the street in support of Palestine against the Israel.
Person wey get dirt for e eye wan remove another man own, wey u never remove ur own.

Am just so seek of this
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 At A Bar In Maiduguri by dumodust(m): 9:36am On Sep 14, 2011
Ha ha, people are crazy, they still go to bars in borno, hmmm
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 At A Bar In Maiduguri by walex2(m): 4:46pm On Sep 14, 2011
every attacks in the north people start mentionig the president. can the president stop an animal that just carry gun and kill his fellow men .this is caused by this illeterate northern leaders that always preach war as a religion, the answer is let all southerner leaves the north. if they born them well let those boko haram come to lagos if all abokis here would not be destroyed in a day. warning do not use an aboki again as a security in your house u are just inviting death, expecially my people on the the island in lagos.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 At A Bar In Maiduguri by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 14, 2011
no longer news.

(1) (Reply)

Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions / Breaking: The Former Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Looses Bid In Court. / Attack Planned For Two Months, Says Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.