Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,799 members, 7,817,308 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

I Think Am Given Up Already With Life As A Nigerian - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Think Am Given Up Already With Life As A Nigerian (2248 Views)

Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am / Has Africa’s First Lecturer Hiphop Artist Given Up On Music? / Words Of Encouragement To Move On With Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think Am Given Up Already With Life As A Nigerian by JohnSamuel35: 3:45pm On Mar 06, 2023
HellVictorinho7:
i have no smart phone or employment details

Ok
Re: I Think Am Given Up Already With Life As A Nigerian by GROUNDCHALEBOY(m): 6:01pm On Mar 06, 2023
JohnSamuel35:

It is wrong to seek for favors and then ask to be contacted

Why you both have access to a smart phone where you can read employment details and communicate explicitly let me know

Thanks and have a nice day

How far senior, I checked my email, and I didn't see any messages..
But I saw you mail, but you wrote nothing
Re: I Think Am Given Up Already With Life As A Nigerian by JohnSamuel35: 11:46pm On Mar 08, 2023
GROUNDCHALEBOY:

How far senior, I checked my email, and I didn't see any messages..
But I saw you mail, but you wrote nothing

I thought we have talked on WhatsApp
Re: I Think Am Given Up Already With Life As A Nigerian by pansophist(m): 5:29am On Mar 09, 2023
How low can you go to make money and start building up from there?

Do you mind going to a bus park and seeing if you can be a conductor? A market place and carry loads for quick cash? Then maybe if you are honest and hardworking, you may see someone that lends you a bus for hire purchase to hustle with. Your mindset should be growth, one step higher.

Then if you can save maybe 150k in three months (yes you can), then maybe open an indomie joint? many of these low-skill jobs pays alot. Its shame and ego that is making people not to start small.

Or see if you can buy a sewing machine and be learning sewing for an hour daily. If you're focused, in a year max, you can be making suits, Jean and senator wears for big bucks.

I mean, just find what interest you and see if you can climb up. If you have money, you can skip the miserable part you hate above (eg conductor or a human wheelbarrow), but I am writing from the perspective of someone that has nothing. Zero nairas.

I am not saying it's easy, but the bitter truth in life is that no one is coming to save us. We are our own redeemers. You see people doing these jobs I mentioned above, God doesn't hate them.

What plagues the youth nowadays is that they are blind to all the little opportunities scattered around them. They want to start big, not small. They see other rich men and just want to be like him without seeing the back story.

If you step out, you'll probably use a POS, then buy snacks/food from the road side, then take a bus to your destination, while watching some videos on Instagram. You've interacted with four business without being conscious of it.

If you are ashamed to start small, then maybe relocate to a new city, or get a passport and go to another African country. I know a few Nigerians in Ghana when I was there, starting from scratch because they were big boys at home, and in three years, they are doing fine.

It took me at least ten years after I left Nigeria before I started doing well for myself. And yes, I did all kinds of shitty jobs, there was hope because I was studying and suffering.

So look for an online degree program to do, so you suffer towards your salvation. Then your suffering becomes meaningful. The life of a man is very hard, for the simple reason that men are born with no value at all, and you must create one for yourself.

And please don't waste time. I suspect you are in your twenties. It will only get worse in your 30ś if you do not start taking steps now. Honestly, I will just prefer you move to the Ivory coast, at least life will be peaceful, and safe, with electricity, learning french, and who knows, opening new doors for yourself. You don't have to die in Nigeria. If you can move to the west, please go. I mentioned the Ivory coast because it's accessible to all Nigerians since it's part of ecowas.

The earlier you start passing through hell, the earlier you reach the finish line. Start listening to stoic podcasts, it makes your mind formidable. You will also be on the journey with other men like you, making it easier to get by. I wish you well comrade.

26 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Think Am Given Up Already With Life As A Nigerian by Nobody: 7:52am On Mar 09, 2023
Download Grindr

Money day that Syd wella
Re: I Think Am Given Up Already With Life As A Nigerian by Regex: 8:09am On Mar 09, 2023
pansophist:
How low can you go to make money and start building up from there?

Do you mind going to a bus park and seeing if you can be a conductor? A market place and carry loads for quick cash? Then maybe if you are honest and hardworking, you may see someone that lends you a bus for hire purchase to hustle with. Your mindset should be growth, one step higher.

Then if you can save maybe 150k in three months (yes you can), then maybe open an indomie joint? many of these low-skill jobs pays alot. Its shame and ego that is making people not to start small.

Or see if you can buy a sewing machine and be learning sewing for an hour daily. If you're focused, in a year max, you can be making suits, Jean and senator wears for big bucks.

I mean, just find what interest you and see if you can climb up. If you have money, you can skip the miserable part you hate above (eg conductor or a human wheelbarrow), but I am writing from the perspective of someone that has nothing. Zero nairas.

I am not saying it's easy, but the bitter truth in life is that no one is coming to save us. We are our own redeemers. You see people doing these jobs I mentioned above, God doesn't hate them.

What plagues the youth nowadays is that they are blind to all the little opportunities scattered around them. They want to start big, not small. They see other rich men and just want to be like him without seeing the back story.

If you step out, you'll probably use a POS, then buy snacks/food from the road side, then take a bus to your destination, while watching some videos on Instagram. You've interacted with four business without being conscious of it.

If you are ashamed to start small, then maybe relocate to a new city, or get a passport and go to another African country. I know a few Nigerians in Ghana when I was there, starting from scratch because they were big boys at home, and in three years, they are doing fine.

It took me at least ten years after I left Nigeria before I started doing well for myself. And yes, I did all kinds of shitty jobs, there was hope because I was studying and suffering.

So look for an online degree program to do, so you suffer towards your salvation. Then your suffering becomes meaningful. The life of a man is very hard, for the simple reason that men are born with no value at all, and you must create one for yourself.

And please don't waste time. I suspect you are in your twenties. It will only get worse in your 30ś if you do not start taking steps now. Honestly, I will just prefer you move to the Ivory coast, at least life will be peaceful, and safe, with electricity, learning french, and who knows, opening new doors for yourself. You don't have to die in Nigeria. If you can move to the west, please go. I mentioned the Ivory coast because it's accessible to all Nigerians since it's part of ecowas.

The earlier you start passing through hell, the earlier you reach the finish line. Start listening to stoic podcasts, it makes your mind formidable. You will also be on the journey with other men like you, making it easier to get by. I wish you well comrade.

Person weh deh follow your talk no suppose loss.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think Am Given Up Already With Life As A Nigerian by Chijioke4535(m): 9:36am On Mar 09, 2023
Pls oo
I'm also looking for job with accommodation 😩😩...I'm currently schooling in owerri
Re: I Think Am Given Up Already With Life As A Nigerian by Jahzrockballer(m): 5:09pm On Mar 09, 2023
Regex:

honestly 💯
Re: I Think Am Given Up Already With Life As A Nigerian by pansophist(m): 9:43pm On Mar 09, 2023
Regex:

True talk

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Annoying Thing An Average Dstv User Suffers Everyday / Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 License Key / APPLICATIONS/SOFTWARE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.