Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

My First Zoom Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My First Zoom Interview (11611 Views)

You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call / Zoom Interview With Resource Intermediaries / Experience On Zoom Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My First Zoom Interview by psalms37(f): 3:57pm On Mar 01, 2023
1. Make sure your internet connection is good, I once lost a good when my netwoek lost signal during second-stage interview. Trust it wasn't funny at all. You can also prepare a backup network just in case.
2. Mute your microphone, obly unmute when you want to talk.
3. If possible, open up ypur browser on your PC to the necessary information the interviewers will ask you while the app and meeting itself should be on your phone.
4. Pray againt village pipo[color=#006600][/color] angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: My First Zoom Interview by Allocsoluwatosi(m): 4:02pm On Mar 01, 2023
a. Stay composed, it is better than a physical interview.
b. Check your audio and video and make sure they are both working properly.
c. Join the meeting before the interviewer, you don't want to go in late.
d. Dont blur your background.
e. Dont use a customized background.
f. Have the meeting in a very quiet place. Minimize background noise as much as possible, please.
g. Enjoy your interview.

1 Like

Re: My First Zoom Interview by Allocsoluwatosi(m): 4:04pm On Mar 01, 2023
psalms37:
1. Make sure your internet connection is good, I once lost a good when my netwoek lost signal during second-stage interview. Trust it wasn't funny at all. You can also prepare a backup network just in case.
2. Mute your microphone, obly unmute when you want to talk.
3. If possible, open up ypur browser on your PC to the necessary information the interviewers will ask you while the app and meeting itself should be on your phone.
4. Pray againt village pipo[color=#006600][/color] angry angry angry angry

Please do not share your attention during the interview, and make sure the interview is on your PC. Prepare beforehand and let God take control.
Re: My First Zoom Interview by Web2020: 4:10pm On Mar 01, 2023
TopeQs:
Don't cram....be sure you know the company and position you're applying for.
This nailed it.
Re: My First Zoom Interview by NuCypher: 4:19pm On Mar 01, 2023
LUAN1:
I will be having my first zoom interview tomorrow, please how do zoom interview works?
Golden advice for you. Write out responses to some basic interview questions in a notepad and place it just above your zoom video (which you should minimize just enough to see all the expressions of the speaker). Use these responses as your template to provide well-worded responses to the questions.
Re: My First Zoom Interview by KPGGlobal: 4:35pm On Mar 01, 2023
shogsman:

It's not too late to stop making yourself look extremely foolish

Please teach him

save me the time
Re: My First Zoom Interview by Goodlady(f): 4:36pm On Mar 01, 2023
LUAN1:
I will be having my first zoom interview tomorrow, please how do zoom interview works?
Be laughing well n be calm. Even when you say rubbish like balablue, be calm and smile
Re: My First Zoom Interview by Ikea81: 4:40pm On Mar 01, 2023
Quiet environment, good lighting, check your audio before the interview ensure you have enough data( 1.5gb will do), look straight into the camera, relax, smile , dress smart and ensure you listen to the questions properly and answer smartly.

Most importantly , work on your intro....it's always the first question:::;tell me about yourself, or walk me.through your CV....what you say in that 3-5mins will make or mar the whole process....be confident . I trust you will do well. Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: My First Zoom Interview by KPGGlobal: 4:47pm On Mar 01, 2023
thatigboman:
do I look like a yoruba man to u?

I will NEVER deny any man anything because of race or tribe

BUT I WILL DENY YOU EVERYTHING BECAUSE OF YOUR THINKING!

Principle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: My First Zoom Interview by AdaojoTheUrchin: 4:49pm On Mar 01, 2023
LUAN1:

Better go and look for someone that you will practice how to use the app. Country done hard o and future no dey, na agbero jobs remain as their Oga don collect kpali to come finish Nigeria patapata, do all you can to grab that job. grin
Re: My First Zoom Interview by BlongTrendies(f): 5:09pm On Mar 01, 2023
The weather is hot.

You might get nervous and start sweating.

Do you have a gen? In case there is no power you'll need it.

Biko, just make sure you sit under a noiseless fan and cool yourself off.

2. Where will you sit. Are you using a phone or laptop?

Position yourself and device where you will sit tomorrow for the interview?

Open your camera like you are taking a selfie.

Take it at yourself and your surroundings. Look at your back. Remove the things that can disfigure your environment.

Continue going round your space until you find where you like.

Make sure there is a sufficient lighting on your face.

Get your writing materials or anything you might need on a table nearby which is not seen on camera. You don't want to standing up to get stuff.

3. When you log in with the link or passcode. Write your name and position you applied for in the space where your name is requested.

In the screen that follows, look below at the bottom left.

Click the place that says audio.

Select the option that says “Auto Connect Audio” and choose "Wifi or Cellular Data".

Then unmute your self so that you can be heared.

One last thing, no distractions. Keep your phones on silent and warn those around you if you live with others to keep quiet or not disturb.

Don't worry!!! You'll be fine.

1 Like

Re: My First Zoom Interview by Berankis: 5:13pm On Mar 01, 2023
Just like the normal face-face interviews. Just be yourself, smile, listen attentively and respond as intelligently as you can.
Relax it will be fun!
I would advice you use a good ear-piece for better audibility.
Re: My First Zoom Interview by kenny714433(m): 5:15pm On Mar 01, 2023
Most important, when you connect with your interviewee, make sure you click on the microphone icon on the zoom interface to show you have unmuted yourself. That's when you want to speak.
It will ask you Wi-Fi or cellular data, choose cellular data.
Also, click on the camera icon to appear live if it's a video call which I suspect it is.

Always ensure to mute your mic when you're not speaking else they will hear your neighbour knacking at the background.

I prefer Google meet to zoom though
Re: My First Zoom Interview by Judolisco(m): 5:16pm On Mar 01, 2023
LUAN1:
normal interview, but now u have d advantage dress properly, make sure u have good Internet network, and write ur points down... But don't be limited to d point you've written down so u won't be caught off guard.... I wish you luck
U wey dey do WhatsApp call with ur babe come dey fear zoom interview.... Na waaa o
Re: My First Zoom Interview by princeisah26(m): 5:19pm On Mar 01, 2023
Get a good network, feel relax and be yourself
No too smile ooo
All the best
Re: My First Zoom Interview by Isabi4lov: 5:22pm On Mar 01, 2023
majorgr:
Be ready to answer questions like: tell me about yourself; why are you applying for this position?; why this company?; where do you see yourself after five years?; how do you handle a stressful situation?; what are your strengths and weakness?any questions for us?; these are but few questions which are structured to get actual responses from you on what exactly they would be judging, please read about them and how you should structure your answers because each of these questions are asked for a particular reason, go online to study. Finally, make sure you practice, practice and practice! I can never overemphasize this! Good luck.
Exactly how I got my current job with prayers .
Re: My First Zoom Interview by greatsam767(m): 5:38pm On Mar 01, 2023
Make sure you dress properly, because you might be checkmate to show your full physical appearance, Stay in a quiet environment.
Fast Network and rehearse all your Interview questions you have.

Wishing you the best
LUAN1:
Re: My First Zoom Interview by Focusmind: 6:18pm On Mar 01, 2023
First: Ensure that your gadgets are top-notch. Your data and video quality of your phone or laptop should be superb
Second: Have your jotter and pen to take note - that shows you to be a listening person and one who takes note
Third: Do not interrupt any of the interviewer when he or she is talking. Wait till he or she is done for you to respond. Manage your impulse very well.
Fourth: Learn very well how to introduce yourself with emphasis on your current role and achievements.
Fifth: Make your answers short, simple and action-packed. Use more of action words in your explanation.
[b]Sixth: [/b]Do not fail to ask intelligent questions at the end of the interview. Your question should center on current challenges facing the industry where the company is operating. Your question should have something to do with current happenings or what you recently read,

Good luck!
Re: My First Zoom Interview by rickleye: 6:28pm On Mar 01, 2023
I got you bro
This is what you need to do
https://youtube.com/watch?v=UYmRNZyNmWo&feature=shares

See Daniel
Re: My First Zoom Interview by phemmylink(m): 6:53pm On Mar 01, 2023
Be confidence, dress well to the waist level, whatever will b will b
Re: My First Zoom Interview by Nobody: 6:58pm On Mar 01, 2023
Take it like normal interview.
Test your laptop camera and audio very well.
Have backup for lighting, power, and internet.
Re: My First Zoom Interview by bonnyhope: 7:15pm On Mar 01, 2023
Borntosmoke:

grin grin grin. Let me tell you the format, talking from experience that land me my current job. Even though I performed woefully. If no be because of connection I 4 no get the job.

Don't panic, make sure where you are attending interview is quiet, dress cooperate if they will used video meeting so that they will know you are serious and please learn how to introduce yourself very well and make findings about the company. What they do, how they work.

Lastly, if you don't know any question that they ask you just tell them you will learn from them.

Note my advice doesn't guarantee you will get the job. Make sure u pray
Best of luck!!!
" even though I performed woefully"

Does it mean you didn't answer any question correctly?
Re: My First Zoom Interview by bonnyhope: 7:19pm On Mar 01, 2023
RPG2020:
Some people when for the interview

Dressed code..100%
Internet connection..100%
Speaking...100%
Answering questions..100%

At the end of the day them still lose the job

What I'm trying to tell you is this BELIEVE IN YOURSELF if the job is for you is for you if you like wear blazer jacket if the job is not made for you is a no no no

Yes but atleast you have to do your own part
Re: My First Zoom Interview by RPG2020(m): 7:35pm On Mar 01, 2023
bonnyhope:

Yes but atleast you have to do your own part

That's why i said believe in God first then yourself that's how i lived my Life i don't inspire to make a living i inspired to make a difference
Re: My First Zoom Interview by phemmyfour: 8:44pm On Mar 01, 2023
LUAN1:
Pray for good network else other tips become meaningless

(1) (2) (Reply)

EMFRICA Air-cargo Logistics Training / Imo State University Academic & Non-academic Recruitment 2017 (35 Positions) / Vla Is Recruiting Ond

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.