Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) (6063 Views)

This Simple Mind Trick Ensures You Never Get Disappointed Ever Again / ASUU Bars Members From Participating In 2019 Elections / ASUU Won’t Call Off Strike, Elections Or Not ― President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 5:22pm On Feb 28, 2023
South Africa goes to the general elections in 2024 and since democracy in 1994 vote counting is transparent and done in real time.

All the 9 provinces have their own monitoring centres with electronic boards which relay the info to the capital Pretoria for the national vote.

Perhaps this is a method Nigeria could use in future to ensure transparency.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 5:26pm On Feb 28, 2023
Various SA and international media broadcast 24/7 from the results centre to monitor changes or anomalies in the results.

5 Likes

Re: How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 28, 2023
Stop indirectly instigating violence with your South Africa election whatever. We are trying to put things in order in our country. Stop this please now.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 5:33pm On Feb 28, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Stop indirectly instigating violence with your South Africa election whatever. We are trying to put things in order in our country. Stop this please now.

You're free to ask the mods to delete this thread if it instigates violence.

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 28, 2023
WannaHowzit:

You're free to ask the mods to delete this thread if it instigates violence.

You are the poster, so do the right thing now. All we want is peace and not violence. Mind your posts at this critical moment

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 5:39pm On Feb 28, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
You are the poster, so do the right thing now. All we want is peace and not violence. Mind your posts at this critical moment

Your leaders will manage the peace and security part. INEC should have managed the competency part - they had 4 years of planning and funding. For my part I'm being educational.

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 28, 2023
WannaHowzit:

Your leaders will manage the peace and security part. INEC should have managed the competency part. For my part I'm being educational.
For your part: Wrong timing, get the angle I’m coming from please.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) by ruggedtimi(m): 5:46pm On Feb 28, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
wat re u saying

26 Likes

Re: How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 5:50pm On Feb 28, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
For your part: Wrong timing, get the angle I’m coming from please.

Time to prove your giant of Africa status you always brag about.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) by Krak(m): 5:53pm On Feb 28, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:

How is this instigating violence? By now it is very clear that those in charge of votes in Nigeria are very clueless and incompetent despite giving them free hand and excess money to do it in whatever way they want.

We need to change the way we do things or that violence that you so much fear will consume this our dear nation one day.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) by eliyke(m): 5:57pm On Feb 28, 2023
My country no dey copy beta thing oooo,if na bad thing now wey go cost Dem money u go c Dem with there agbada

14 Likes

Re: How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) by jamesversion: 5:57pm On Feb 28, 2023
WannaHowzit:

Your leaders will manage the peace and security part. INEC should have managed the competency part - they had 4 years of planning and funding. For my part I'm being educational.

👍

13 Likes

Re: How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) by Sepukku: 6:09pm On Feb 28, 2023
WannaHowzit:

Time to prove your giant of Africa status you always brag about.

Naija is here to stay.

If you like open one thousand and one thread, African giants we remain twice as tall.

Your xenophobia no go work.
Re: How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 6:09pm On Feb 28, 2023
Lol, spot Goodluck Jonathan.

3 Likes

Re: How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) by Sepukku: 6:10pm On Feb 28, 2023
Krak:

How is this instigating violence? By now it is very clear that those in charge of votes in Nigeria are very clueless and incompetent despite giving them free hand and excess money to do it in whatever way they want.

We need to change the way we do things or that violence that you so much fear will consume this our dear nation one day.

Stop acting like you know anything about elections in West Africa.

Bantu education did not teach you anything apart from how Jan van riebeeck landed in Cape town in 1456.

Keep quite small small boy.
Re: How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) by gaby(m): 6:17pm On Feb 28, 2023
The problem with the electoral system of Nigeria isn't just about the transmission of results in real-time. Rigged and made-up results can be transmitted in real time from the ward PU levels.

To minimize the problems of rigging and violence in our electoral process, it'd be best to hold elections by the region one day at a time even if it takes 5-6 days to complete this. This way, the INEC and security agencies will be able to effectively concentrate and police the process as they'd be expected to move en masse and concentrate all of their resources on each region as the process takes place.

As an aside, whoever believes Buhari would hand over to someone who has threatened to reverse his policies, particularly the Naira redesign policy must be dreaming.

It promises to be a very long ride but in the end, the powers that be would rather go with the candidate more popular amongst the youth to take over.

That's the safest and most balanced option for them and everyone else.

Even Manhood Yakubu and his ilks would be angry with Bubu for the Naira redesign and would do anything to bring the one who had promised to reverse this policy.

Guess who...? Lol

Buhari go just dey laugh...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) by Achor1111(m): 6:19pm On Feb 28, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I thought you have common sense, what happened?

6 Likes

Re: How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 28, 2023
Achor1111:

I thought you have common sense, what happened?
Don’t you ever quote me again if you are this uncouth. I’m not your mate. The poster is not even picking offense I wonder what gave you the guts.
Re: How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) by Achor1111(m): 6:26pm On Feb 28, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Don’t you ever quote me again if you are this uncouth. I’m not your mate. The poster is not even picking offense I wonder what gave you the guts.
Lolz
Senior man, this is childish🤷🏼‍♂️

4 Likes

Re: How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 28, 2023
Achor1111:

Lolz
Senior man, this is childish🤷🏼‍♂️
Be civil next time, I have your agemates at home.
Re: How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) by Stargangz: 6:31pm On Feb 28, 2023
I saw a thread how election is been done in Kenya as well, 9ja is a modafvcking shithole nation indeed. When comparing Africa Giants, 9ja isn't among top 20, compare Nigeria with the likes of somalia, south sudan, zimbabwe, burkina faso, central africa republic etc. Don't even atempt comparing nigeria with chad, 9ja is the most useless nation ever with foolish leaders.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) by Achor1111(m): 6:33pm On Feb 28, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Be civil next time, I have your agemates at home.
Solomon's wisdom can't be quantified in Methuselah's age.
Know this and know peace.

7 Likes

Re: How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 28, 2023
Achor1111:

Solomon's wisdom can't be quantified in Methuselah's age.
Know this and know peace.
Go away kid, I’m too old to banter with a kid like you. Be warned

1 Like

Re: How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 6:37pm On Feb 28, 2023
gaby:
The problem with the electoral system of Nigeria isn't just about the transmission of results in real time. Rigged and made-up results can be transmitted in real time from the ward PU levels.

💯

1 Like

Re: How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) by IronGalaxy: 6:40pm On Feb 28, 2023
WannaHowzit:

💯
I haven't been following the whole election thing, are the votes rigged?
Re: How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 6:46pm On Feb 28, 2023
IronGalaxy:
I haven't been following the whole election thing, are the votes rigged?

Im also confused, they use a different system to ours. But their election commission INEC has shown serious weaknesses. They've been the major story.

I see all three frontrunners are winning states but it might be like what happened when Trump won - Hillary winning most votes but Trump winning the important states and then becoming president.

Tinubu is the ordained one (from ruling party) so suspicions are that INEC is cooking the books to give him the win.

1 Like

Re: How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) by IronGalaxy: 6:49pm On Feb 28, 2023
WannaHowzit:

Im also confused, they use a different system to ours. But their election commission INEC has shown serious weaknesses. They've been the major story.

I see all three frontrunners are winning states but it might be like what happened when Trump won - Hillary winning most votes but Trump winning the important ones and then becoming president.

Tinubu is the ordained one so suspicions are that INEC is cooking the books to give him the win.
Lol, I hear you bro. Africa for you

2 Likes

Re: How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) by dmostcheerful(f): 6:58pm On Feb 28, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I see what you are doing, they have sent bot to try and calm nerves online.
I see a whole lot of bots registered since yesterday just like you who are trying to calm things.
Revolution is coming, go and tell your pay master

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) by Kodak9(m): 7:27pm On Feb 28, 2023
WannaHowzit:
South Africa goes to the general elections in 2024 and since democracy in 1994 vote counting is transparent and done in real time.

All the 9 provinces have their own monitoring centres with electronic boards which relay the info to the capital Pretoria for the national vote.

Perhaps this is a method Nigeria could use in future to ensure transparency.
You and South Africa
Y don't you go dat place mumu
Can't you make your country like Dem own
Re: How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) by afbstrategies: 7:36pm On Feb 28, 2023
Imagine!
Re: How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Feb 28, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
inec chairman don't want peace so we from the south are ready for him

1 Like

Re: How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 28, 2023
Hopeba:
inec chairman don't want peace so we from the south are ready for him
Stop promoting violence

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

University Of Jos Merit List Is Out! / University Of Ibadan, UI Publish New Grading System / 20 Signs You’re Succeeding In Life – Even If You Don’t Feel You Are.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.