Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

This Simple Mind Trick Ensures You Never Get Disappointed Ever Again - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Simple Mind Trick Ensures You Never Get Disappointed Ever Again (1313 Views)

How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) / 5k Giveaway For The Right Answer To This Mind Trick! / WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Simple Mind Trick Ensures You Never Get Disappointed Ever Again by philfearon(m): 5:58am On Apr 17, 2021
Re: This Simple Mind Trick Ensures You Never Get Disappointed Ever Again by Seakay(m): 9:42am On Apr 17, 2021
Yup! The trick is never to click on that link yo! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: This Simple Mind Trick Ensures You Never Get Disappointed Ever Again by philfearon(m): 1:08pm On Apr 17, 2021
Seakay:
Yup! The trick is never to click on that link yo! cheesy

Nope.
Re: This Simple Mind Trick Ensures You Never Get Disappointed Ever Again by Depressed101: 10:05pm On Apr 17, 2021
The trick is to post it here, don't worry I did it for you

This Simple Mind Trick Ensures You Never Get Disappointed Ever Again
Think about it, nothing ever works out exactly the way we foresee it. Even if the thing likely to create the feelings of expectations has 100% full proof and every indicator in the actualization meter says it will work, it is still no guarantee. We try our best to eliminate weaknesses from our plans or things we venture in, ramp up the strengths and furnish the strategies, yet it never guarantees anything at all because there are always unknown variables that you can never have control over.

We get disappointed in how we have idealized events to play out, and when it doesn’t work as we thought it would, we develop weird feelings. We imagine things in a certain image, usually based on our abilities or inabilities and how we have seen or read it happen somewhere or to someone else. But, in this process lies the major cause of what will later set in as the disappointment most people feel when things don’t work out as they thought it would.

There is a simple mind trick to work around this. The secret is to remove “expectations” from your mindset. If one can put a check on this singular cognitive flaw, you will rarely get disappointed with anything. Go ahead and implement this today.
Re: This Simple Mind Trick Ensures You Never Get Disappointed Ever Again by ABCthings: 10:11pm On Apr 17, 2021
Depressed101:
The trick is to post it here, don't worry I did it for you

This Simple Mind Trick Ensures You Never Get Disappointed Ever Again
Think about it, nothing ever works out exactly the way we foresee it. Even if the thing likely to create the feelings of expectations has 100% full proof and every indicator in the actualization meter says it will work, it is still no guarantee. We try our best to eliminate weaknesses from our plans or things we venture in, ramp up the strengths and furnish the strategies, yet it never guarantees anything at all because there are always unknown variables that you can never have control over.

We get disappointed in how we have idealized events to play out, and when it doesn’t work as we thought it would, we develop weird feelings. We imagine things in a certain image, usually based on our abilities or inabilities and how we have seen or read it happen somewhere or to someone else. But, in this process lies the major cause of what will later set in as the disappointment most people feel when things don’t work out as they thought it would.

There is a simple mind trick to work around this. The secret is to remove “expectations” from your mindset. If one can put a check on this singular cognitive flaw, you will rarely get disappointed with anything. Go ahead and implement this today.
Thank you for sharing.

@Op this advice dey somehow.

2 Likes

Re: This Simple Mind Trick Ensures You Never Get Disappointed Ever Again by philfearon(m): 7:32pm On Apr 18, 2021
ABCthings:
Thank you for sharing.

@Op this advice dey somehow.

How?
Re: This Simple Mind Trick Ensures You Never Get Disappointed Ever Again by ABCthings: 9:19pm On Apr 18, 2021
philfearon:

How?
You said we should never expect anything?
E.g I should not expect that I will be hydrated if I drink water.

Is that even possible?
Re: This Simple Mind Trick Ensures You Never Get Disappointed Ever Again by philfearon(m): 8:09am On Apr 19, 2021
ABCthings:
You said we should never expect anything?
E.g I should not expect that I will be hydrated if I drink water.

Is that even possible?

You are confusing yourself.
Re: This Simple Mind Trick Ensures You Never Get Disappointed Ever Again by ABCthings: 11:49pm On Apr 19, 2021
philfearon:

You are confusing yourself.
Interprete this 'The secret is to remove “expectations” from your mindset.'
Re: This Simple Mind Trick Ensures You Never Get Disappointed Ever Again by philfearon(m): 4:08pm On Apr 20, 2021
ABCthings:
Interprete this 'The secret is to remove “expectations” from your mindset.'

What is expectation?

(1) (Reply)

See Bbnaija Season 6 Contestant Niyi's Sexy Wife, The New Housemates & Fun Times / What are the words that easily catch your attention? / Nysc Age Limit 2022 Updated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.