Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,548 members, 7,827,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Do You Need An Academic Research Writer? Here Is A Trusted One In Nigeria. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You Need An Academic Research Writer? Here Is A Trusted One In Nigeria. (9453 Views)

Oluebube Miracle Okoye Broke An Academic Record In UNIZIK College Of Pharmacy / Undergraduate & Postgraduate Academic Research Writing In Lagos / UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Need An Academic Research Writer? Here Is A Trusted One In Nigeria. by DeepSight(m): 10:47am On Mar 01, 2023
DesChyko:

None of these refers to the person providing an essay writing service.

Its certainly applicable to him when he does so knowingly and with the intention of illicit completion of an exam. As I noted, the OP specifically stated that he helps to write "thesis, dissertations, projects and assignments" - all of which qualify as exams."

I also stated that such is unethical in academia. You didnt address that.
A thing which is unethical may not be illegal.

I will be greatly surprised if there is any university in the world which will award a degree if it is aware that the recipient did not write his papers himself.
Re: Do You Need An Academic Research Writer? Here Is A Trusted One In Nigeria. by DeepSight(m): 10:50am On Mar 01, 2023
DesChyko:

Of course the work must belong to someone, in this case, my client.

I definitely will not be writing my thesis, dissertation, project or assignment and expect me to pay myself??

It must belong to someone who owns the right to the work once the transaction is completed.

I dont understand this. It doesnt make any sense in an academic context.
Are you suggesting that purchasing one's thesis, dissertation, project or assignment is acceptable in academia?

What sort of education are you talking about? Do you realize that you are saying one may simply pay his way through all tests in all schools? And that there is nothing wrong with that?
Re: Do You Need An Academic Research Writer? Here Is A Trusted One In Nigeria. by DeepSight(m): 10:53am On Mar 01, 2023
ComputerOperato:

Unethical? Illegal? In this country?
Okay. I hear you.

The country where a large percentage of studies (both undergraduate and postgraduate) are self-sponsored.
These people have to choose one:
(i) Work and make money to pay the necessary fees (and outsource some of their assignments).
(ii) Concentrate on studies and drop out of school due to inability to fulfill the necessary financial obligations.
I believe you know which option many people will go for.

As to being legal, nothing stops you from hiring a proofreader to go through your work.
And you are back to square one (writing services).

Bottom line. If you have someone sponsoring you in school, you have no business with writing services.

Now you are sounding more practical than the other fellow and I hear you. And no, proof reading is not a problem. I have not addressed myself to proof reading.

However I repeat, having someone else write papers on your behalf, where such papers are of an academic nature and qualify as exams, is both unethical and illegal.
Re: Do You Need An Academic Research Writer? Here Is A Trusted One In Nigeria. by DesChyko: 10:54am On Mar 01, 2023
DeepSight:

A thing which is unethical may not be illegal.

Thank you. Essay writing services is a legitimate business enterprise. The legality or illegality of it is solely on the shoulders and at the discretion of the client.
Re: Do You Need An Academic Research Writer? Here Is A Trusted One In Nigeria. by DeepSight(m): 10:58am On Mar 01, 2023
DesChyko:

Thank you. Essay writing services is a legitimate business enterprise. The legality or illegality of it is solely on the shoulders and at the discretion of the client.

You keep saying "Essay Writing Services" - (which I agree with) and deliberately closing your eyes to what the OP stated. He specifically stated "thesis, dissertations, projects or assignments" - these are not just Essays. These are examinations - ALL of them are examinations for the purpose of awarding a certificate or degree! So this is not just any essay and embarking on such is both unethical and criminal.

Ol boy, you can do Essay writing. Its ok. Its legit. But of its if an academic nature of - paper you know is an examination, then its both unethical and illegal.

And I dont know where you got the idea from that something unethical is "legit."
Ethics hold a high place in academia and one will be disqualified or a certificate will be withdrawn even for ethical reasons aside from law.
Re: Do You Need An Academic Research Writer? Here Is A Trusted One In Nigeria. by Lordbinsmar: 10:59am On Mar 01, 2023
grin grin grin

Nigeria and nonsense are like 5&6.

This one dey advertise illegal activity online with confidence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Need An Academic Research Writer? Here Is A Trusted One In Nigeria. by chatinent: 11:00am On Mar 01, 2023
Wickedfacts:

You are using the moniker you use to insult other tribes and people to market your business.
You are not wise at all

Insult other tribes? You and who?

I don't have that time. Why would I insult a tribe? Is mine better?
Re: Do You Need An Academic Research Writer? Here Is A Trusted One In Nigeria. by DesChyko: 11:01am On Mar 01, 2023
DeepSight:

I dont understand this. It doesnt make any sense in an academic context.
Are you suggesting that purchasing one's thesis, dissertation, project or assignment is acceptable in academia?
We're talking of essay writing services, not a student's contract with their institution (which can take any form). You're blurring the lines.

What sort of education are you talking about? Do you realize that you are saying one may simply pay his way through all tests in all schools? And that there is nothing wrong with that?
Are we still talking about the essay writing services provider here?
Re: Do You Need An Academic Research Writer? Here Is A Trusted One In Nigeria. by Lordbinsmar: 11:03am On Mar 01, 2023
DeepSight:

You keep saying "Essay Writing Services" - (which I agree with) and deliberately closing your eyes to what the OP stated. He specifically stated "thesis, dissertations, projects or assignments" - these are not just Essays. These are examinations - ALL of them are examinations for the purpose of awarding a certificate or degree! So this is not just any essay and embarking on such is both unethical and criminal.

Ol boy, you can do Essay writing. Its ok. Its legit. But of its of an academic nature of a paper you know is an examination, then its both unethical and illegal.

And I dont know where you got the idea from that something unethical is "legit."
Ethics hold a high place in academia and one will be disqualified or a certificate will be withdrawn even for ethical reasons aside from law.

Don't waste your time arguing with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level of stupidity.

How can this country get better when someone is advertising illegal activity in broad daylight and some idiot individuals are defending him.

in a sane environment, both the Seun and the owner of the advert should be charge to court for partaking in criminal activity.

This is a criminal offence in the academia.

1 Like

Re: Do You Need An Academic Research Writer? Here Is A Trusted One In Nigeria. by ComputerOperato: 11:04am On Mar 01, 2023
DeepSight:

Now you are sounding more practical than the other fellow and I hear you. And no, proof reading is not a problem. I have not addressed myself to proof reading.

However I repeat, having someone else write papers on your behalf, where such papers are of an academic nature and qualify as exams, is both unethical and illegal.

Practical is my first name. grin
Now, if your supervisor rejects your project (many supervisors won't even tell you what you did wrong. You will only chop abuse and have your paper flung at you) and you come to me (who provides writing services), I could term it proofreading and write the whole damn thing. That's why I mentioned proofreading (for the legal cover).
Cest fini.

Again, it is done all over. So no need castigating him.
(I really don't like the brazen advert though. You eat rat with big navel inside your room).
Re: Do You Need An Academic Research Writer? Here Is A Trusted One In Nigeria. by DeepSight(m): 11:04am On Mar 01, 2023
DesChyko:

We're talking of essay writing services, not a student's contract with their institution (which can take any form). You're blurring the lines.

You are the one blurring the lines because you defended the OP.
If its any general essay, thats fine.
But the OP specifically wrote - "thesis, dissertation, project or assignment" - - -

These are exams.
And knowingly writing someone else's exam is both unethical and illegal.

Please stop playing the Ostrich and pretending not to have seen the words - "thesis, dissertation, project or assignment."
Stop acting as though you dont know what those things are and the implications they have.
Re: Do You Need An Academic Research Writer? Here Is A Trusted One In Nigeria. by Lordbinsmar: 11:06am On Mar 01, 2023
DesChyko:

You are a big fool, so Academic research writing is the same as content writing that can be contracted to a freelance writer?

People like you are part of the group of people responsible for the backwardness of Nigeria.

People like you will manipulate election results if made INEC chairman.

1 Like

Re: Do You Need An Academic Research Writer? Here Is A Trusted One In Nigeria. by DesChyko: 11:06am On Mar 01, 2023
DeepSight:

Ol boy, you can do Essay writing. Its ok. Its legit. But of its of an academic nature of a paper you know is an examination, then its both unethical and illegal.

An essay is any form of writing; including all of which the OP mentioned. It's not restricted to letters and the likes. And offering to provide that service to anyone is not illegal; at least there is no legislation against that.

You're weighing in from the client's perspective and that is on the client. Mine is, you tell me what you want; you can even provide a sample for me to work on and I do that for you; and get paid for the rights. What you use the sample work for is at your own discretion. That's what I see the OP is offering.
Re: Do You Need An Academic Research Writer? Here Is A Trusted One In Nigeria. by DeepSight(m): 11:07am On Mar 01, 2023
ComputerOperato:

Practical is my first name. grin
Now, if your supervisor rejects your project (many supervisors won't even tell you what you did wrong. You will only chop abuse and have your paper flung at you) and you come to me (who provides writing services), I could term it proofreading and write the whole damn thing. That's why I mentioned proofreading (for the legal cover).
Cest fini.

Again, it is done all over. So no need castigating him. (I really don't like the brazen advert though).

Once again, you sound so practical I really cant quarrel with what you say - save to reiterate that such practices are unethical and illegal - once its an examination - and such things as a thesis, dissertation, project or assignment - all qualify as exams.
Re: Do You Need An Academic Research Writer? Here Is A Trusted One In Nigeria. by RealNiggaDee(m): 11:08am On Mar 01, 2023
esafutureDoc:

Exactly! I tried to use them a couple of weeks ago and discovered all they cared about is the payment. She couldn’t even answer basic questions about the subject matter.

Can i refer you ?
Re: Do You Need An Academic Research Writer? Here Is A Trusted One In Nigeria. by RealNiggaDee(m): 11:09am On Mar 01, 2023
telim:
Thanks for the review you saved me from another headache.That as always being the attitude of alot Nigerians. They will over sell themselves then provide a service that is below there client expectations. There types will waste your time and are often good in given excuses all the time.

I could refer you to one.
Re: Do You Need An Academic Research Writer? Here Is A Trusted One In Nigeria. by DeepSight(m): 11:09am On Mar 01, 2023
DesChyko:

An essay is any form of writing; including all of which the OP mentioned. It's not restricted to letters and the likes. And offering to provide that service to anyone is not illegal; at least there is no legislation against that.

If he had simply said "Essay writing services, that would be fine."
However offering to write a thesis, dissertation, project or assignment - is certainly unethical and illegal.

All of those are examinations of various kinds and what he is advertising is a service to assist clients with cheating.

What you use the sample work for is at your own discretion.

This would have flown if the OP did not specify "thesis, dissertation, project or assignment."
Re: Do You Need An Academic Research Writer? Here Is A Trusted One In Nigeria. by DeepSight(m): 11:11am On Mar 01, 2023
Lordbinsmar:

You are a big fool, so Academic research writing is the same as content writing that can be contracted to a freelance writer?

People like you are part of the group of people responsible for the backwardness of Nigeria.

Thank you. I am shocked at the way he is defending it.
Re: Do You Need An Academic Research Writer? Here Is A Trusted One In Nigeria. by Shezzman: 11:12am On Mar 01, 2023
You are right but the situation of the country makes it hard not to. At least to some extent, that's an honest way of making money...
backnbeta:
This is not allowed in academia. The only service you can contract out is data collection and not the writing whether literature review or post field report writing! On a low, data analysis is allowed by a third party, but then, that's why we do statistics. This is not good, it's intellectual fraud
Re: Do You Need An Academic Research Writer? Here Is A Trusted One In Nigeria. by DesChyko: 11:13am On Mar 01, 2023
Lordbinsmar:

Got no words for you, fam 😎

Re: Do You Need An Academic Research Writer? Here Is A Trusted One In Nigeria. by DeepSight(m): 11:14am On Mar 01, 2023
Lordbinsmar:

This is a criminal offence in the academia.

GBAM!
Re: Do You Need An Academic Research Writer? Here Is A Trusted One In Nigeria. by DeepSight(m): 11:16am On Mar 01, 2023
backnbeta:
This is not allowed in academia. The only service you can contract out is data collection and not the writing whether literature review or post field report writing! On a low, data analysis is allowed by a third party, but then, that's why we do statistics. This is not good, it's intellectual fraud

Gbam!
Re: Do You Need An Academic Research Writer? Here Is A Trusted One In Nigeria. by DeepSight(m): 11:17am On Mar 01, 2023
DesChyko:

Insult aside, he made an important point there - you seem to be conflating academic work and freelance content writing.
Re: Do You Need An Academic Research Writer? Here Is A Trusted One In Nigeria. by Lordbinsmar: 11:17am On Mar 01, 2023
DeepSight:

Thank you. I am shocked at the way he is defending it.

You see the main problem with Nigeria is that a large percentage of the population has criminal mentality embedded in their DNA.

I'm am sure if the OP made such advert to help people write academic research in a country like Germany, then police would be in his house to arrest him.

I don't even know how a sensible human being sees nothing wrong with creating an illegal business activity.

angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Do You Need An Academic Research Writer? Here Is A Trusted One In Nigeria. by DesChyko: 11:18am On Mar 01, 2023
DeepSight:

But the OP specifically wrote - "thesis, dissertation, project or assignment" - - -

These are exams.

These are may be exams for the client. For the provider, these are jobs. They are requests for a sample and the use is entirely at the client's discretion. The rights to the use (and ownership) is what is being paid for. If you had read on, you'd see a review (not sure if that is real or not), where the client said it wasn't up to their expectation. That basically sums it up. What is being paid for is a sample work.
Re: Do You Need An Academic Research Writer? Here Is A Trusted One In Nigeria. by Lordbinsmar: 11:21am On Mar 01, 2023
DesChyko:

You deserve all the insult. You have no moral ethics at all.

Why on earth will you defend someone, advertising a criminal business.

Then people like you will complain about half baked graduates in Nigeria, you will complain about how unemployable Nigerian graduates are, but yet you are defending someone who is making a living at the detriment of the Nigerian academic sector.

Shame on you once again. angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Do You Need An Academic Research Writer? Here Is A Trusted One In Nigeria. by ComputerOperato: 11:24am On Mar 01, 2023
DeepSight:

Once again, you sound so practical I really cant quarrel with what you say - save to reiterate that such practices are unethical and illegal - once its an examination - and such things as a thesis, dissertation, project or assignment - all qualify as exams.

Before we could strongly condemn such acts, supervisors (I'm one of them. (Before they will say one thing, one thing)) should learn how to correct their students in a constructive way. We teach students many things but fail to teach them research methodology properly. That's the root of the problem.
Enjoy your day.

1 Like

Re: Do You Need An Academic Research Writer? Here Is A Trusted One In Nigeria. by DeepSight(m): 11:25am On Mar 01, 2023
ComputerOperato:

Before we could strongly condemn such acts, supervisors (of which I'm one of them. (Before they will say one thing, one thing)) should learn how to correct their students in a constructive way. We teach students many things but fail to teach them research methodology properly. That's the root of the problem.
Enjoy your day.

Well said.
Re: Do You Need An Academic Research Writer? Here Is A Trusted One In Nigeria. by DeepSight(m): 11:26am On Mar 01, 2023
DesChyko:

These are may be exams for the client. For the provider, these are jobs. They are requests for a sample and the use is entirely at the client's discretion. The rights to the use (and ownership) is what is being paid for. If you had read on, you'd see a review (not sure if that is real or not), where the client said it wasn't up to their expectation. That basically sums it up. What is being paid for is a sample work.

Again, where the OP specifically wrote - "thesis, dissertation, project or assignment" - this argument cannot fly. That is a clear advertisement to write exams for other people. All of those are exams.

I am tired of repeating myself.

Just be well guided and don't end up one day being made a scapegoat. Such is both unethical and illegal.
Have a good day.
Re: Do You Need An Academic Research Writer? Here Is A Trusted One In Nigeria. by DeepSight(m): 11:29am On Mar 01, 2023
Lordbinsmar:

Then people like you will complain about half baked graduates in Nigeria

Very well said. I dont know if he has thought about half baked graduates as you said.
Re: Do You Need An Academic Research Writer? Here Is A Trusted One In Nigeria. by DesChyko: 11:29am On Mar 01, 2023
DeepSight:

Insult aside, he made an important point there - you seem to be conflating academic work and freelance content writing.

Nah. He was more interested in throwing jabs than actually making a point. Three sentences and no point made. That's always from a position of weakness 😌

And I'm just not interested in interchanging both roles. One is a third party legitimate service provider. The other is a client subject to 'the academia'.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FUNAAB To Admit 3,800 Out Of 17, 334 Candidates / Dialogue Or Arm Twisting Approach. The Case Of Ssanu, Nasu & Naat Strike / Auchi Poly Students Protest Over Strike, Bring Vehicular Movement To A Stop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.