Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,046 members, 7,849,226 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:45 PM

INEC Declares Labour Party Candidate As Winner Of FCT Senate Seat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Declares Labour Party Candidate As Winner Of FCT Senate Seat (376 Views)

‘Obidient’ Movement Helped Me Win FCT Senate Seat - Ireti Kingibe (Video) / Wike: Vote my Candidate as President, save my Political career / #DG-WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Is Sole Candidate As Myung-Hee Announces Withdrawal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Declares Labour Party Candidate As Winner Of FCT Senate Seat by Antoeni(m): 8:57pm On Feb 28, 2023
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared Mrs Ireti Kingibe of the Labour Party (LP) as the winner of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT)Senate seat.

Saka said that Ireti scored 202,175 votes to emerge winner, adding that Mr Philip Aduda of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) came second with 100,544 votes, while Mr Angulu Dobi of the All Progressives Congress (APC) placed third with 78,905 votes.

”I, Prof. Sanni Saka thereby certify that I am the Returning Officer for the 2023 FCT Senatorial district election held on Feb. 25.

“The election was contested and the candidates received the votes as announced.

“That Ireti Kingibe having satisfied the requirement of the law has been declared the winner,” Saka said.

He said that the problem with the Bwari result that was earlier canceled was rectified and the result certified as valid.

He however, said that the result for Abaji remained canceled because the problem had not been sorted out.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Mr Sulieman Ango, the APC agent and that of PDP Mr Abdulrahman Mohammed refused to sign the result sheet saying it was not authentic.

https://www.pulse.ng/news/politics/finally-inec-declares-labour-party-candidate-as-winner-of-fct-senate-seat/72lnnt8?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Labour Party Candidate As Winner Of FCT Senate Seat by Antoeni(m): 8:59pm On Feb 28, 2023
You lost your home state - Osun.
You lost your state of residence - Lagos.
Your VP lost his state- Borno.
Your party chairman lost his state- Nasarawa.
The DG of your campaign lost his state- Plateau
The President who is the leader of your party lost his state - Katsina.

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares Labour Party Candidate As Winner Of FCT Senate Seat by Antoeni(m): 9:01pm On Feb 28, 2023
WHENEVER A THIEF ENCOURAGES YOU TO GO TO COURT, JUST KNOW THAT HIS ELDER BROTHER IS THE JUDGE
(East African Proverbs)

2 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Labour Party Candidate As Winner Of FCT Senate Seat by Antoeni(m): 9:04pm On Feb 28, 2023
A mature relationship is when yesterday's fight doesn't affect today's communication.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari On Corrupt Election / The UK Guardian View On Nigeria’s Election: A Fresh Start? Not This Time / Breaking: 7 States Withdraw Suit Seeking To Void Tinubu’s Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.