Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

NORTHERNER: Letter To Hausa-fulani Of The North By Femi Ogunshola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NORTHERNER: Letter To Hausa-fulani Of The North By Femi Ogunshola (935 Views)

Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi / My Team Visited The Sarkin Fulani Of Lagos Today- Babajide Sanwo-olu / Apc Lagos Gov. Candidate, Sanwo Olu Visits Sarkin Fulani Of Lagos. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NORTHERNER: Letter To Hausa-fulani Of The North By Femi Ogunshola by Flathead8: 9:30pm On Feb 28, 2023
NORTHERNER: Letter to Hausa-Fulani of the North By Femi Ogunshola

I found it all joy pening down this letter at this very point when results of the 2023 Presidential election is being collated. You have exhibited unprecedented honour by keeping to agreement, coming swiftly to rescue Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu from the jaw of Lion, false prophets, betrayers, cowards, religion bigots. You honestly did prove your mettle.

In the build up to the 2023 General Elections, the narrative out there was that the North will disappoint South West, they cannot leave their son to vote a Yoruba man, it was an everyday song on their lips especially on social media, my fear became palpable, but my experience in the past with you makes me trudge on.

One of my friend from Southern Kaduna shared a post on his wall “”Instead of Tinubu to win, make trumpet just blow make all of us go rest.’ And I commented thus “Democracy is a contest, the majority take the lead while the minority register their impact ” His replied was again troubling, I fidgeted, he captured it ” Femi Ogunshola, you will always remember what I told you….”a typical Hausa man will never hand over power to you.” This weaken me but I bodly ignored.

So many unrefuted stories were told about you, with names that truly didn’t define the value you hold so dearly, possibly because you aren’t given to noise on social media. You believed much in action than noise. Those noise makers called you betrayer, never to be trusted, you cannot handover power to the south among others, it was more of speculation than real.

But I found a defence for you, the example you exhibited during the late Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola, the Presidential candidate of Social Democratic Party (SDP) a southerner and a true Yoruba man who you massively voted for to defeat your very own, late Alhaji Bashir Tofa, the presidential candidate of National Republican Convention (NRC) in his Kano base. MKO won the 1993 general elections with a landslide courtesy of your unalloyed support.

Yes, Abiola lost in the South East but the North came to the rescue, unfortunately Sen. Aurthur Nzeribe (now deceased) from Imo, set the pace for the annulment of his election, he was used to scuttle the exercise via his Association for Better Nigeria (ABN). Nigeria did not recover from the impasse.

In trying to drive home their point, those social media noise makers always reminded us that event has overtaken the MKO scenerio, that anyone who trust the North does that at his peril. But I never doubted your ability to stand by your word to reciprocate the gesture extended by the South West with the formation of the All Progressives Congress that saw to the emergence of President Muhammadu Buhari having tried three times failing.

My friend Muhammed Abbas from Katsina State, Daura LGA, an Atiku man was the first to congratulate me even when the results of the election were still being counted. I told him “I love the northerners more.” He however gave a not too good verdict about President Muhammadu Buhari’s for the poor showing of APC in Katsina

In all, northerners are trusted people, they pay good for good and not what the social media warlord want you to believe. Northerners are men of honour. This election could not have been won by Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu without Northerners reciprocating the gesture of 2015 general elections that saw Buhari deafening an incumbent.

This is the way to go and you have proved naysayers wrong that your honours are intact, people can call you names but you remain true to your words.

Thank you for doing this for Asiwaju.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NORTHERNER: Letter To Hausa-fulani Of The North By Femi Ogunshola by amnesty7: 9:32pm On Feb 28, 2023
A friend from Lagos expressed the same concern on the eve of the election. I told him to simply calm down and wait. When he called yesterday, he said he would no longer believe the so-called social media liars. Truly, silent action speaks louder than social media hysteria. The rest is history. May God keep us safe and make the country prosperous for all of us.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NORTHERNER: Letter To Hausa-fulani Of The North By Femi Ogunshola by Beebah321(f): 9:37pm On Feb 28, 2023
Rubbish tongue tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NORTHERNER: Letter To Hausa-fulani Of The North By Femi Ogunshola by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 28, 2023
Igbos too contributed to Asiwaju victory, please let’s be guided

1 Like

Re: NORTHERNER: Letter To Hausa-fulani Of The North By Femi Ogunshola by ogologoamu: 9:49pm On Feb 28, 2023
Enjoy your stolen mandate. One thing is sure, Tinubu won't make any different with a stolen mandate. SCREENSHOT THIS POST.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NORTHERNER: Letter To Hausa-fulani Of The North By Femi Ogunshola by flokii: 9:52pm On Feb 28, 2023
Honestly Northerners are fantastic people.. all the guys on my dm and tl from core North have been jubilating since over Tinubu's victory.

God let peace reign and put an end to insecurity in the North.. we'll do great things together.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NORTHERNER: Letter To Hausa-fulani Of The North By Femi Ogunshola by flokii: 9:57pm On Feb 28, 2023
ogologoamu:
Enjoy your stolen mandate. One thing is sure, Tinubu won't make any different with a stolen mandate. SCREENSHOT THIS POST.

You lie..
Those that know the man and his capabilities have started showing interest in Nigeria. It's all over bloomberg and world economic forum.

I pray he gives you folks a dose of what y'all gave Yorubas under Jonathan so we can revisit the Yoruba marginalization thread to rejoice and shame our enemies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NORTHERNER: Letter To Hausa-fulani Of The North By Femi Ogunshola by ogologoamu: 10:00pm On Feb 28, 2023
flokii:

You lie..
Those that know the man and his capabilities have started showing interest in Nigeria. It's all over bloomberg and world economic forum.

I pray he gives you folks a dose of what y'all gave Yorubas under Jonathan so we can revisit the Yoruba marginalization thread to rejoice and shame our enemies.

When the time comes you'll remember this post.
Re: NORTHERNER: Letter To Hausa-fulani Of The North By Femi Ogunshola by Aldol: 10:02pm On Feb 28, 2023
This is so sweet Op. Northerners are indeed trustworthy and not noisemakers like those other people.

4 Likes

Re: NORTHERNER: Letter To Hausa-fulani Of The North By Femi Ogunshola by flokii: 10:05pm On Feb 28, 2023
ogologoamu:

When the time comes you'll remember this post.

Iyan ogun odun a si ma jo omo Igbo l'owo.. we have sharp memory and we don't forget things easily.
We will open you guys chapter very soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NORTHERNER: Letter To Hausa-fulani Of The North By Femi Ogunshola by ogologoamu: 10:07pm On Feb 28, 2023
flokii:

Iyan ogun odun a si ma jo omo Igbo l'owo.. we have sharp memory and we don't forget things easily.
We will open you guys chapter very soon.

In money we pass you.
In power we pass you.
In war we pass you.

You're nobody.
Re: NORTHERNER: Letter To Hausa-fulani Of The North By Femi Ogunshola by SlurUsername1: 10:21pm On Feb 28, 2023
I couldn't have written this any better grin

1 Like

Re: NORTHERNER: Letter To Hausa-fulani Of The North By Femi Ogunshola by worldclass68(m): 10:26pm On Feb 28, 2023
I have been to the east many times, I'm in-Law to them and was even raised there.
and I served in the north.... the northerners re straight forward and honorable people and not what the social media says about at all, they re not hostile as social media proscribed them at all, if u don't abuse their religion.....and they re not dubious.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NORTHERNER: Letter To Hausa-fulani Of The North By Femi Ogunshola by Sonnobax15(m): 10:29pm On Feb 28, 2023
worldclass68:
I have been to the east many times, I'm in-Law to them and was even raised there.
and I served in the north.... the northerners re straight forward and honorable people and not what the social media says about at all, they re not hostile as social media proscribed them at all, if u don't abuse their religion.....and they re not dubious.
Believe anything you read on social media at your own riisk.....
Re: NORTHERNER: Letter To Hausa-fulani Of The North By Femi Ogunshola by QuotaSystem: 10:32pm On Feb 28, 2023
You’re welcome, Femi.

What made it even easier to support Jagaban, was the fact that he was unarguably the best candidate - by sheer capacity & track record of excellence in governance and leadership recruitment.

We hold the value of “Amana” (trust/loyalty) dear to our hearts generally as Northerners regardless of religion. You guys were also steadfast and loyal throughout, helping obliterate deliberate anti-North propaganda and containing Igboho’s excesses which the ipob terrorists tried to latch on to. Together, we ensured the hate-mongering ipob terrorists leader Nnamdi Kanu was contained and quite effectively restrained.

Here’s to a peaceful, prosperous and absolutely fantastic new administration of the Lion of Bourdillon, the Jagaban of Borgu & Asiwaju of Lagos -

President-Elect Ahmed Bola Tinubu 🍷♾️

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Nothing Good Comes Out Of A Country Full Of Fraudsters And Ethnic Bigots. / Tinubu: Bad News And Good News / PO Promised To End Subsidy, Pay N100K Minimum Wage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.