Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,700 members, 7,831,181 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 (29074 Views)

Tinubu’s Supporters Commence Preparations For 2027 Elections / Wike Weakening PDP To Run For 2027 Presidency - Pedro Obaseki / Peter Obi Applauds LP for Reviewing Imo Governorship Nomination Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by Timiolutomi: 6:22pm On Mar 01, 2023
Nazgul:

Every Nigerian has the right to contest for presidency. Besides Peter Obi wasn't the only presidential candidate, why is he the only candidate being constantly attacked?

Kwankwaso was on the ballot, why didn't you say Kwankwaso's time wasn't ripe. Sowore was on the ballot. El Mustapha was there even the son of the late MKO was on the ballot. Why focus on Peter Obi when he was just exercising his rights as a Nigerian like other candidates?

The former governor of Niger state Babangida Aliyu was asked by Seun of channels TV that if Peter Obi had stayed in PDP would Atiku had picked him as his running mate, Babangida responded with a resounding NO.

The reality here is that, Atiku and PDP underrated Peter Obi, they choosed a running mate from the SS because the SS had more registered voters than the SE, the SS has more states than the SE and the SS literally controls the economy of Nigeria.

Even when Peter Obi left, no single PDP chieftain was sent to plead with him to come back, everyone including SE governors felt he had no electoral value, so they made fun of him rather than trying to bring him back.

So if you were in Peter Obi's shoes what would you do, wouldn't you have forged your own path?

Tinubu cannot dictate to the North who and who would not be on the ballot come 2027. He can buy off Southern candidates, those ones are money lovers but you see people like Kwankwaso, Tambuwal, El Mustapha...they would contest and Tinubu would have no choice than to meet them on the voting ground.

Talking about strategy, yes I'll give it to Tinubu. He's the best strategist in Nigeria. In the game of football, you can bribe the referee to officiate in your favour and win a game. No matter how the opponent cries foul play, it would be on record that you won that game.

And yes everyone rigs... Peter Obi just has to come out and campaign for his governorship candidates, cos the more states LP wins, the easier it would be for him to win 2027 election.

You have a very profound point, 2027 is for OBI. Lets see how it plays out then, no need to argue about it.

By the grace of God, we will both be alive by then.

After all, Tinubu is not God, and Obi is neither a saviour, they are both human being.

And there is no place I ever mentioned that Obi doesn’t have right to contest as the President of Nigeria, every Nigerian does, including you and myself.

Look, I love OBI, even though I hate the fact that he left PDP, and that is because I believe he is well positioned in a Party with vast structure and popularity.

But he has proved to be more valuable than what many people perceived, he is charismatic, appear to be a Saint and shows big signs of humility.

That's exactly what majority of the Youth wanted.

As far as I'm concerned, APC lost this election, as a whooping 15million people voted against them.

Even though, the 9millions who vote APC are also Nigerians.
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by Invest4growth: 6:27pm On Mar 01, 2023
He should be a credible opposition. Assist in nation building. Build team to work with the administration and prepare ahead of 2027.
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by DMerciful(m): 6:29pm On Mar 01, 2023
You're now sounding like you wanted Obi to succeed🤣
0monnak0da:

You are a toxic serpent doing more harm to Obi
Continue to wallow in your bitterness
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by 0monnak0da: 6:41pm On Mar 01, 2023
DMerciful:
You're now sounding like you wanted Obi to succeed🤣
Why would I ? What is the benefit to me or my primary constituency?
I am a rational person
I am looking forward
I am surprised by his performance and I see a FUTURE opportunity if he works hard to project a more inclusive message and to restrain aggressive and fanatical Obidient followers like you.
I am sure in our exchanges we must have talked about a plan B and your position was He must win regardless of reality
Knowing what I know about Ibos I am not holding my breath.
Look at the numbers from the SE If Tinubu is not removed by Tribunal will Ibos not be in another 5% vs 97 % situation?
I do not support Buhari but he was elected all he has got from Ibos is hatred. There should be another way. This approach of our way or nothing else boxes you into a corner where you cannot save face and have to pursue violence.
As bad as Buhari might be,his time will end,so too with Tinubu if he is not removed by the Tribunal
This Biafra or death approach is crazy one must be flexible and realistic

1 Like

Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by Shantyken(m): 6:50pm On Mar 01, 2023
TheOgaBoss:
so the votes he got from the north were from who?

Look at states like zamfara, yobe, kebbi, sokoto, Borno, jigawa, kastina, bauchi, gombe,kogi, kwara then come back and ask this questions again. Even in nex 30 years the margin difference wouldn't change much.

Make person no lie give u because with tribal issues between core north and southeast it will be difficult for an igbo man to lead this country unless the whole south tend to support a candidate from igbo origin, at the same time how possible will that be with partyline voting as another factor.

My submissions

A movement to put behind wat happened in 1966 should start by calling on all the political stakeholders from all regions to a roundtable discussion for the sake of unity and progress.

Party should practice zoning policies base on geopolitical zones and for state on HOR pattern not senatorial arrangement. This will help the minor parts.

LASTLY, religious sentiment should be out of politics.

Long live democracy
Long live federal republic of Nigeria
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by webizone(m): 6:58pm On Mar 01, 2023
Philgafauto:
This is an APC sponsored post. Please Nigerians should ignore it.
grin grin grin grin grin He thought people will be dumb
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by webizone(m): 7:03pm On Mar 01, 2023
OneCandleAway:

These people don't know Tinubu.

Once he has the federal power, believe me he doesn't even need the north like that. He is not Jonathan that was cool. He can easily challenge the north if they want to be stubborn. All the crooks he surrounds himself with will so loot. Look at lagos, if you know how much is being stolen in lagos state. So far they are remitting Tinubus commission he won't talk. His own is steal and share to his subordinates.

The same story when Buhari was elected. Chai I dey pity Nigerians.
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by crowther15(m): 7:13pm On Mar 01, 2023
CSTRR:

Datti is lightweight, politically.

Man lost his own polling unit.
Kwankwaso would have provided better value, but would have been too toxic in the long run.

We should start looking at the North central or the North East for a viable guy that can provide good value.

The NW is not a feasible option for any igbo man that is not orji uzor kalu.
North Central is kinds feasible. As it stands now, SW is proofing more abortive than I ever thought. We should try more penetration into NC. Notwithstanding, we can still form alliance with NW for numbers sake.
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by DaCharis2016: 7:29pm On Mar 01, 2023
You guys don't know what you're talking about. As far as they had succeeded, it's not going to be let go in the next 8 yrs. Nigeria is now Lagos II. Has anyone being able to win in Lagos since 1999?
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by Atarachi1: 7:41pm On Mar 01, 2023
You dey crazy
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by ozijay: 7:48pm On Mar 01, 2023
U b foools them rig election u dey give advice. U no sabi say Obi get reach 13million votes and TIfnubu manage 3m.
Keep ur advice for dustbin.

NaijaCowFarm:
I am not happy that Peter Obi did not win. There are clear fundamental factors that were so herculean to overcome the very moment LP/NNPP alliance failed.
Now that Atiku is seemingly out of the way, it is time to galvanise the opposition towards 2027. It is going to be a marathon, so let us start now. There is no point wasting resources on election tribunal. With the capacity shown by Obi, 2027 is possible, but we need to do the following:

1. Not waste time and resources on election tribunal, but need to let Nigerians know of the brazen robbery APC governors and Wike perpetrated. If the PDP wants to challenge the results, let them do so themselves, without involving LP

2. Get real political structure for Labour Party across Nigeria. One reason we loss was because we did not have strong roots in the North.

3. Galvanise all elected officials to form a formidable force to take on APC, which is already reduced in strength from 21 to 12 states.

4. Peter Obi and LP should focus on the March 11, 2023 governorship polls. Obi should begin touring states LP won to boost morale of LP supports in the 22 states win high voters. Not waste resources in states like Katsina, Yobe, Zamfara.

5. LP leadership should begin talks with NNPP, progressive still in PDP and form a formidable party with structure, just like what ACN/CPC did. We need to start now.
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by ozijay: 7:51pm On Mar 01, 2023
This is why una go remain for suffer.
Election was rigged be like u no dey understand.

daywatcher:

This is what many have been telling obedients from the beginning but they refused to listen and insulted the many messengers. You cannot win Nigerian presidency by been accepted only in the South or North alone, Atiku and Obi should now have learned their lesson.
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by ashehu01: 7:53pm On Mar 01, 2023
NaijaCowFarm:
I am not happy that Peter Obi did not win. There are clear fundamental factors that were so herculean to overcome the very moment LP/NNPP alliance failed.
Now that Atiku is seemingly out of the way, it is time to galvanise the opposition towards 2027. It is going to be a marathon, so let us start now. There is no point wasting resources on election tribunal. With the capacity shown by Obi, 2027 is possible, but we need to do the following:

1. Not waste time and resources on election tribunal, but need to let Nigerians know of the brazen robbery APC governors and Wike perpetrated. If the PDP wants to challenge the results, let them do so themselves, without involving LP

2. Get real political structure for Labour Party across Nigeria. One reason we loss was because we did not have strong roots in the North.

3. Galvanise all elected officials to form a formidable force to take on APC, which is already reduced in strength from 21 to 12 states.

4. Peter Obi and LP should focus on the March 11, 2023 governorship polls. Obi should begin touring states LP won to boost morale of LP supports in the 22 states win high voters. Not waste resources in states like Katsina, Yobe, Zamfara.

5. LP leadership should begin talks with NNPP, progressive still in PDP and form a formidable party with structure, just like what ACN/CPC did. We need to start now.
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by ashehu01: 7:53pm On Mar 01, 2023
NaijaCowFarm:
Now that Atiku is seemingly out of the way, it is time to galvanise the opposition towards 2027. It is going to be a marathon, so let us start now. Therel is no point wasting resources on election tribunal. With the capacity shown by Obi, 2027 is possible, but we need to do the following:

Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by Knight2(m): 8:24pm On Mar 01, 2023
jattopeter:

I have cancelled my Hand from anything that has to do with going out to vote , after what happened on Saturday. I don't have the confidence that my vote will count , Hell No.
pls dnt leave it for dem... Dat is wht dey wnt nd dnt let it..
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by FOLAESO1: 8:32pm On Mar 01, 2023
Himtulie247:
Yes ! He will surely be busy on the road to Cameroon grin cheesy cheesy
You can't make heaven. Mehn, this is HILARIOUS.
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by edetic: 8:36pm On Mar 01, 2023
NaijaCowFarm:

. if Obi does nothing to reclaim the mandate given to him, it will embolden the criminals to do same in 2007, if fact, they'll do worse than this, if Obi does not reclaim the mandate given to him, the Nigerian youths that took all the risk to bestow their votes on him will be highly discouraged, if Obi does not reclaim the mandate given to him, the message he's passing to the youths that entrusted their confidence in him is that it is only criminality that works in Nigeria, which is what the youths were trying to change, if Obi allows Tinubu, APC, INEC, etc, to get away with this criminality, it will become the order of the day in Nigeria, the youths had thought to change the evil system in Nigeria will come through a free and fair election, but a system that is totally immersed in corruption can only be changed by a revolution.
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by bizzibodi(m): 8:58pm On Mar 01, 2023
Let go his stolen mandate fear God oooo!
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by jamislaw(m): 9:01pm On Mar 01, 2023
He should add all churches to his PCC because we from North will never vote Christains again.
We have seen it pop and clear during this election.
CLP (Christianity Labor party)
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by Aboguede(m): 10:09pm On Mar 01, 2023
Obi is parcel and part of this present Nigerian government by all reifications!

OBI becoming president is not a hoddle at all and you have seen that he can actually win the presidency very very easy. The only problem to Obi becoming the president right now is need of the POWERS THAT BE!

as for ur question about the mentality and the glorification of stealing by the Nigerian youths and total Nigerian populace and about most of them resulting to stealing in foreign countries.,

Let me tell u this, the current mind set of Nigerians and their justification of stealing and fraud is not by their own doing. It is a pre-program agenda which was deliberately set up by the same powers that BE and there is nothing anybody can do about it for now.
It will filter away but it requires more time. And for the problems that Japa Nigerians will create in foreign countries, that is not a single problem at all because the managers are always ready and I am talking from experience grin

Infact, for some time now, there has been testing of the mind set of Nigerians through different ways and scenarios to determine the direction of the populace which will always be the determinant of who will govern and what kind of government that will be applied., so after all that experiments, it has been decided and approved that Nigerians are not yet ready for Obi's kind of governance!

Obi's kind of governance will be too difficult for total Nigerian atmosphere and the population can not handle the laws and rules of obi's kind of government. shocked

Anyways, we wish and always pray for good things but most importantly, the quick human development of Nigerians so we can eam higher cool

Agadinaagwuofe:

In as much as I am not going to discard your view because it's actually a possibility but even if it's a plan, it should be done in such a way it doesn't upset the distribution. I mean it has to be strategic to avoid influx. The rate of Nigerians trying to "run" now will become uncontrollable. For me PO can just hold on and keep pushing because as far as I am concern he is the only person as in individual that has the likelihood meaning he only needed little collaboration but do you think the populace can be re-orientated, most times in this forum you will see so many handles anytime cybercrime is posted justifying it by saying they are not worse than the politicians with this they will become more embolden and that will also lead to commiting the crime outside the shores which will lead to profiling of many Nigerians abroad.
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by babajero(m): 10:33pm On Mar 01, 2023
NaijaCowFarm:

Nigeria will never have democracy if everyone keep letting go of brazing criminality and political thuggery.
The real structure of any election is the masses or should I say the electorates which Labour party have all over the country. Labour party didn't lose because of the north but because of the inec, Labour party got the number of votes it need to win in the north.

If inec will not still be compromised, APC will get lesser states, because Peter Obi is going to get the mandate of nigerians back from the devilish thieves in government.
Please can you explain to me what you mean by "structure"?
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by Aboguede(m): 10:38pm On Mar 01, 2023
U can write epistles but u don't understand the reality grin

1. There is not any problem about southeast or North whatever. It is not about igbo man sitting there as president because it makes not a single difference. It is not who is the president and where his parents come from.

Far from ur given imaginations displayed here and it shows u know almost nothing about the dramas in play the aforementioned situation!

This is Nigeria as a geography and the dramas are not meant to be too revealing! shocked

0monnak0da:
Why would I ? What is the benefit to me or my primary constituency?
I am a rational person
I am looking forward
I am surprised by his performance and I see a FUTURE opportunity if he works hard to project a more inclusive message and to restrain aggressive and fanatical Obidient followers like you.
I am sure in our exchanges we must have talked about a plan B and your position was He must win regardless of reality
Knowing what I know about Ibos I am not holding my breath.
Look at the numbers from the SE If Tinubu is not removed by Tribunal will Ibos not be in another 5% vs 97 % situation?
I do not support Buhari but he was elected all he has got from Ibos is hatred. There should be another way. This approach of our way or nothing else boxes you into a corner where you cannot save face and have to pursue violence.
As bad as Buhari might be,his time will end,so too with Tinubu if he is not removed by the Tribunal
This Biafra or death approach is crazy one must be flexible and realistic
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by omojeesu(m): 11:17pm On Mar 01, 2023
Hoelujohn:
Your number 2 is wrong. What is real structure? The structure that defeated Tinubu in Lagos, you call that fake structure? Labour party won in more than 10 states you call that fake structure? So until they have people that can be snatching ballot boxes and shooting guns before you accept Labour has structure.

Thank you! Corruption has eaten them deep that they will say Ehn let's move now! Dirty compromisers & liars. Same evil that created the mess we are in.
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by kafeii123: 11:33pm On Mar 01, 2023
Keep raising cows your farm oga....leave governance and politics for those who take it seriously
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by Usanga35: 12:14am On Mar 02, 2023
Thunder fire 🔥🔥 U
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by bennyflipy(m): 12:15am On Mar 02, 2023
Obi will never be the president of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by Okoroawusa: 12:52am On Mar 02, 2023
If Peter Obi dares contest in 2027 he will be known as customer dadani

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by DrinkWater10: 1:47am On Mar 02, 2023
medtoks:
Lol
Pls don’t amuse me
Prepare himself for what exactly
A better rigger?
All politicians are riggers, live by the sword die by the sword. Don't get too attached to politicians.
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by DrinkWater10: 1:50am On Mar 02, 2023
OneCandleAway:

These people don't know Tinubu.

Once he has the federal power, believe me he doesn't even need the north like that. He is not Jonathan that was cool. He can easily challenge the north if they want to be stubborn. All the crooks he surrounds himself with will so loot. Look at lagos, if you know how much is being stolen in lagos state. So far they are remitting Tinubus commission he won't talk. His own is steal and share to his subordinates.
So, like wveryother poloticia right?
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by byteem: 12:31pm On Mar 02, 2023
[quote author=NaijaCowFarm post=121375678]I am not happy that Peter Obi did not win. There are clear fundamental factors that were so herculean to overcome the very moment LP/NNPP alliance failed.

5. LP leadership should begin talks with NNPP, progressive still in PDP and form a formidable party with structure, just like what ACN/CPC did. We need to start now.[/quote

After raping nigerians you have the effontry to come here and analyse thrash .. the thunder that will fire you is still gathering momentum
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by byteem: 12:32pm On Mar 02, 2023
NaijaCowFarm:

After raping nigerians you have the effontry to come here and analyse thrash .. the thunder that will fire you is still gathering momentum

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard / Photo Of Tukur Buratai, His Father And Son / Nnamdi Kanu’s Sureties Know Fate Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.