Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Presidential Elections: Why Are Only The West Celebrating Tinubu 's Victory? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Elections: Why Are Only The West Celebrating Tinubu 's Victory? (761 Views)

Elections: Why Sitting Presidents Lose Aso Rock / Tinubu Supporter Reportedly Sacked For Celebrating Tinubu's Win / 2023 Elections: Why APC And PDP Aspirants Must Bring A Consensus And Face Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidential Elections: Why Are Only The West Celebrating Tinubu 's Victory? by Emyogalanya: 6:03pm On Mar 01, 2023
Since the announcement this morning I've observed only the Yoruba have been celebrating Tinubu 's victory. Unlike all previous elections where at least almost 4-5 regions celebrate and the nation still moved on. Even as bad.as buuari was, at least 4 regions celebrated his victory. But here we are from north down to south only shout of joy is partially heard in the west. Yes I said partially cos we have seen some women from the west in protest against his electoral victory.
I maybe wrong but someone should prove me wrong. Outrightly.
How can you win an election and almost the whole country is annoyed at it. It's not an Igbo or ipob issue afterall ipob has nothing currently against him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Elections: Why Are Only The West Celebrating Tinubu 's Victory? by hush15: 6:04pm On Mar 01, 2023
Emyogalanya:
Since the announcement this morning I've observed only the Yoruba have been celebrating Tinubu 's victory. Unlike all previous elections where at least almost 4-5 regions celebrate and the nation still moved on. Even as bad.as buuari was, at least 4 regions celebrated his victory. But here we are from north down to south only shout of joy is partially heard in the west. Yes I said partially cos we have seen some women from the west in protest against his electoral victory.
I maybe wrong but someone should prove me wrong. Outrightly.
How can you win an election and almost the whole country is annoyed at it. It's not an Igbo or ipob issue afterall ipob has nothing currently against him

Which West!....
Re: Presidential Elections: Why Are Only The West Celebrating Tinubu 's Victory? by Totilopussylick(m): 6:05pm On Mar 01, 2023
South West like Lagos state.
hush15:

Which West!....

Read before you comments tongue

1 Like

Re: Presidential Elections: Why Are Only The West Celebrating Tinubu 's Victory? by PrinceOfLagos: 6:05pm On Mar 01, 2023
Which west ?

Come to Lagos , it's like everyone is mourning . Sad faces everywhere

Nobody wants Tinubu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Elections: Why Are Only The West Celebrating Tinubu 's Victory? by Emyogalanya: 6:06pm On Mar 01, 2023
There were almost 15m votes against Tinubu if you add up obi, atiku and kwankwaso votes. That's the highest anti-vote for a winning candidate so far. By a group of parties

4 Likes

Re: Presidential Elections: Why Are Only The West Celebrating Tinubu 's Victory? by Totilopussylick(m): 6:07pm On Mar 01, 2023
Only in Lagos state, come to Ibadan, the citizens are in mourning mood
PrinceOfLagos:
Which west ?

Nobody wants Tinubu

4 Likes

Re: Presidential Elections: Why Are Only The West Celebrating Tinubu 's Victory? by Emyogalanya: 6:08pm On Mar 01, 2023
hush15:

Which West!....
I won't fault a SW that celebrate it but, is he gonna rule only SW?
Re: Presidential Elections: Why Are Only The West Celebrating Tinubu 's Victory? by PrinceOfLagos: 6:09pm On Mar 01, 2023
Totilopussylick:
Only in Lagos state, come to Ibadan, the citizens care in mourning mood
Tinubu government will be comedy

The gaffes will be longer than third mainland bridge

Let's hope the old bat no mistakenly order military to shoot everyone in his gaffes grin
Re: Presidential Elections: Why Are Only The West Celebrating Tinubu 's Victory? by Totilopussylick(m): 6:12pm On Mar 01, 2023
Last time I checked, tunibu was never in the military.

The military squads may not even send his money and shoot him in return
PrinceOfLagos:

Tinubu government will be comedy

The gaffes will be longer than third mainland bridge

Let's hope the old bat no mistakenly order military to shoot everyone in his gaffes grin

1 Like

Re: Presidential Elections: Why Are Only The West Celebrating Tinubu 's Victory? by PrinceOfLagos: 6:13pm On Mar 01, 2023
Totilopussylick:
Last time I checked, tunibu was never in the military.

The military squads may not even send his money and shoot him in return
Tinubu isn't even the president I forgot, it's Shetima 😂😆😂😆

1 Like

Re: Presidential Elections: Why Are Only The West Celebrating Tinubu 's Victory? by shuttox: 6:14pm On Mar 01, 2023
Tribalistic bigots plenty there
Re: Presidential Elections: Why Are Only The West Celebrating Tinubu 's Victory? by shuttox: 6:14pm On Mar 01, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🙄
Re: Presidential Elections: Why Are Only The West Celebrating Tinubu 's Victory? by hush15: 6:15pm On Mar 01, 2023
Totilopussylick:
South West like Lagos state.

Read before you comments tongue

Lagosian ain't celebrating shot. A state that voted out godfatherism, ofcourse not....

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Elections: Why Are Only The West Celebrating Tinubu 's Victory? by PrinceOfLagos: 6:16pm On Mar 01, 2023
shuttox:

😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🙄
Shetima the Boko Haram sponsor wey no dey laugh go control Tinubu

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Elections: Why Are Only The West Celebrating Tinubu 's Victory? by Totilopussylick(m): 6:18pm On Mar 01, 2023
You mean shettima the proud member of boko haram
PrinceOfLagos:

The military men fear shettima beyond shettima imagination
Re: Presidential Elections: Why Are Only The West Celebrating Tinubu 's Victory? by PrinceOfLagos: 6:20pm On Mar 01, 2023
Totilopussylick:
You mean shettima the proud member of boko haram

The military men fear shettima beyond shettima imagination
Interesting times ahead
Re: Presidential Elections: Why Are Only The West Celebrating Tinubu 's Victory? by ibkayee(f): 6:24pm On Mar 01, 2023
Emyogalanya:
There were almost 15m votes against Tinubu if you add up obi, atiku and kwankwaso votes

I think you’ve answered your own question, the votes against him were double the votes for, so why would people who didn’t want him elected be celebrating?

He technically won but it was more so due to the combined losses of the others, not because the nation like Tinubu, in fact from the votes you can tell it’s very much the opposite lol

Well he’s there now and has a lot of work to do
Re: Presidential Elections: Why Are Only The West Celebrating Tinubu 's Victory? by Emyogalanya: 6:26pm On Mar 01, 2023
Totilopussylick:
Only in Lagos state, come to Ibadan, the citizens are in mourning mood
so why are his own people afraid to celebrate his victory. Why do we have a president that everyone is pre-scared of by default? Interestingly the only place a similar thing happened at a state level is anambra state: OBI VS NGIGE
the state was all gloom till obi was sworn in. I wonder if history is/will repeat itself?

1 Like

Re: Presidential Elections: Why Are Only The West Celebrating Tinubu 's Victory? by shuttox: 6:29pm On Mar 01, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
Shetima the Boko Haram sponsor wey no dey laugh go control Tinubu
Calm down
We go see many things as it unfolds
Re: Presidential Elections: Why Are Only The West Celebrating Tinubu 's Victory? by Totilopussylick(m): 6:31pm On Mar 01, 2023
I'm from ebonyi state, but the our current governor in the name of Dave Umahi is worse than Martin elechi the best governor we ever had
Emyogalanya:
so why are his own people afraid to celebrate his victory. Why do we have a president that everyone is pre-scared of by default? Interestingly the only place a similar thing happened at a state level is anambra state: OBI VS NGIGE
the state was all gloom till obi was sworn in. I wonder if history is/will repeat itself?

1 Like

Re: Presidential Elections: Why Are Only The West Celebrating Tinubu 's Victory? by Emyogalanya: 6:56pm On Mar 01, 2023
shuttox:
Tribalistic bigots plenty there
where?
Re: Presidential Elections: Why Are Only The West Celebrating Tinubu 's Victory? by OgwuEgo: 7:37pm On Mar 01, 2023
He didn't win, Obi did but didn't get the spread, Labour party is still studying available data. They were rigged out in a lot of places and their vote margin suppressed Obi won in 12 states.
ibkayee:

I think you’ve answered your own question, the votes against him were double the votes for, so why would people who didn’t want him elected be celebrating?

He technically won but it was more so due to the combined losses of the others, not because the nation like Tinubu, in fact from the votes you can tell it’s very much the opposite lol

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Elections: Why Are Only The West Celebrating Tinubu 's Victory? by didroon43: 8:23pm On Mar 01, 2023
It is what it is boss. The elections was a fat SCAM and everyone saw it.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Elections: Why Are Only The West Celebrating Tinubu 's Victory? by Bitchiamjay(m): 8:58pm On Mar 01, 2023
ibkayee:

Person wey them go arrest before swearing in lmfao

1 Like

Re: Presidential Elections: Why Are Only The West Celebrating Tinubu 's Victory? by ibkayee(f): 9:18pm On Mar 01, 2023
Bitchiamjay:

Person wey them go arrest before swearing in lmfao
You’re probably giving the court system/law enforcement too much credit
Re: Presidential Elections: Why Are Only The West Celebrating Tinubu 's Victory? by Emyogalanya: 9:23pm On Mar 01, 2023
ibkayee:

you went a bit off topic. The topic was focused on the mood of the citizens after his victory. Not about how he won or factors that led to his victory. Yes you are right about their combined loss, but then if your point is taken into consideration, it means you're saying buhari lost 2019 cos Po and atiku were on the same joint PDP ticket with kwankwaso in the PDP too. So the three of them were in the same party 4years ago. And don't tell me buhari was unbeatable he has been beaten 3times previously by 3 different people via obj , yar adua and gej. And it was done in sequence
Re: Presidential Elections: Why Are Only The West Celebrating Tinubu 's Victory? by Emyogalanya: 9:29pm On Mar 01, 2023
If Po had won SE,.ss, nc,.and some sw will be full of joy. If atiku won the ne , SS ,.SE ,.NC , now and kwara, osun, ekiti and Lagos would have erupted in jubilation. Why is tinubu s victory so different from others

1 Like

Re: Presidential Elections: Why Are Only The West Celebrating Tinubu 's Victory? by Emyogalanya: 9:32pm On Mar 01, 2023
Totilopussylick:
I'm from ebonyi state, but the our current governor in the name of Dave Umahi is worse than Martin elechi the best governor we ever had
ada Igbo kedu
Re: Presidential Elections: Why Are Only The West Celebrating Tinubu 's Victory? by Perfectbeing(m): 9:34pm On Mar 01, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
Which west ?

Nobody wants Tinubu

How many women jump around to celebrate around the maternity ward after a difficult birth?
Re: Presidential Elections: Why Are Only The West Celebrating Tinubu 's Victory? by Vinnie2000(m): 9:46pm On Mar 01, 2023
Dat's Simply because they were the ONLY ones (particularly the Yoruba Muslims) that voted for him. sad

+Almajiris votes

and HEAVY RIGGING in Peter Obi's Strongholds such as Rivers, Kogi, Akwa-Ibom, Benue and Taraba. sad

Tinubu does look like NIGER REPUBLIC president to me! shocked sad
Re: Presidential Elections: Why Are Only The West Celebrating Tinubu 's Victory? by Bitchiamjay(m): 9:52pm On Mar 01, 2023
ibkayee:

You’re probably giving the court system/law enforcement too much credit

Yes! Peter Obi reclaimed his stolen mandate in 2006 at the Supreme Court when there was no social media to gather authentic evidence making him the first Governor in Nigeria to do so. In an event of glaring evidence of mass rigging, the court will not have any option than to redeem themselves & do the needful & declare him a winner.

(1) (Reply)

How I Will Start Evading Tax In Lagos State. / Who Will Inherit Buhari's Cult Following? / Nairaland Is A Tribal Community Platform.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.