Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,798 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria (30210 Views)

Fani-Kayode Asks US President Joe Biden To Congratulate Tinubu / Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election / Malami Asks US To Extradite Azuka Jebose For Defaming Ned Nwoko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by georgeakins: 12:46am On Mar 02, 2023
IGBOSON1:

Care to put forward your ‘proof’ that Peter Obi is ‘too ethnic conscious’……whatever that means!? I can equally put forward reasons why i think even if Peter Obi lives longer than Methuselah, that he can’t approach even 10% of Tinubus’ bigotry, wickedness and criminal network that has tentacles extending right into the US!

Peter Obi NEVER lost any election! He was robbed by the smooth crook Tinubu and his northern hegemonic partners! When we were told Tinubu is ‘strategic’ in playing partisan-politics, i didn’t know what this meant at the time! Now i know….it’s all about bribery, intimidation, inducement and murder! May God judge him according to his deeds on earth!

Go to court and stop disturbing cyberspace.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Napata77: 12:47am On Mar 02, 2023
Missy89:
I am actually shocked by the behavior of Igbos ( Home and Overseas) during this election. They continue to show their lack of understanding of Nigerian politics and are too emotional to be engaged in any meaningful conversation.

They have a hive mind and at the same time, they have convinced themselves that their support for obi has nothing to do with his ethnicity even thou it is.

Psychologists need to study this.

Igbos suffer from Collective Narcissism.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Jashub: 12:48am On Mar 02, 2023
Flamemignon1:

angry cheesy yea.....right
Its true na...for example , Nigeria supported Sierra Leone through ECOWAS without a thing to gain... undecided

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by 2023NaijaVoter: 12:49am On Mar 02, 2023
She lives in Yankee and should know better. The US has it's own voting problems. Many may not remember that former president George Bush Jr. was selected by the Supreme Court because of a historic voting scandal, and recently former Florida felons (almost all Black ppl) that had their voting rights restored were arrested by the racist governor.

Sorry o, too much to cut n paste.

Man arrested at gunpoint in DeSantis voter fraud crackdown, video shows
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jan/12/florida-police-man-arrest-voter-fraud-body-camera

Florida’s Voter Fraud Arrests Are Scaring Away Formerly Incarcerated Voters
DeSantis made a spectacle of arresting voters with felony convictions. Now, some eligible voters are opting out of midterms even beyond Florida.

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2022/11/04/florida-s-voter-fraud-arrests-are-scaring-away-formerly-incarcerated-voters
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Napata77: 12:49am On Mar 02, 2023
flokii:
This Chimamanda Adiche is not intelligent one bit.. just overhyped storybook writer.

So U.S will now come and dictate to a sovereign nation like Nigeria how to run her affairs or conduct her election?.. is that how Nigerians go to monitor elections in U.S or tell them what to do there?

I have noticed most of these people running to live abroad have shlts for brain (except some), reason I don't usually pity them when they run into troubles in those countries e.g. Ukraine- Russia conflict.

Someone should tell the Igbo woman that U.S can't do nothing to force Obi on Nigerians cos he lost the election and didn't make the required 25% votes in 24 States plus FCT. There are laws that guide international relations , no sovereign state can interfere in the affairs of another sovereign state when and if not invited.

She knows all this.

But her tribalistic loyalty to Obi has overtaken her brain.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Ikemba007: 12:50am On Mar 02, 2023
Well, I did not vote Obi. But I think she jas the right to speak within the law. You too talk your own.

Creamypie:
In as much as i voted obi and l.p, this one na Over sabi wanna be woman. Very froward. Na you know pass. She's wants to be more popular. Na her pattern right from her undergraduate days for those of us who know her from early to mid 2000s.Always choosing from a host of situations, the ones that will give her more attention and popularity. I knew she would write, as if u.s/u.k no dey aware say elections aren't transparent in Nigeria. We no see am for the herdsmen killings, boko killings, eastern killings, kidnappings and beheadings, naira crisis and scarcity, igboho house siege and the killings, cos those ones can't bring popularity like this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by pacespot(m): 12:51am On Mar 02, 2023
She didn't add that police are now ballot box snatchers

This country tire me

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by DoxxAnon: 12:52am On Mar 02, 2023
The US, UK and EU should stop all their donor-funded projects relating to electoral reforms. It is pointless!

Visa bans hurt them the most! Extend this to members of their families … no matter who! Forget diplomacy . We know they love foreign healthcare and foreign education. Ban their kids… ban their wives… ban them

Simple

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by kpompey: 12:55am On Mar 02, 2023
stepaside2:

While I understand your point, that Sanwo Olu prayer session today at BAT's acceptance speech was a carefully put together political move. Sanwo Olu became an emergency pastor, praying fervently for about 5 mins and quoting biblical passages. The move is to cast Sanwo Olu as a fervent Christian, designed to reassure those Lagos voters (particularly the Christian voters) who may have voted against BAT because of the MM ticket. The aim is to swing votes his way during the upcoming Governorship election in Lagos State. Very smart political move.
Your conclusion is very bias and no iota of sincerity. Sanwo Olu is a christian, regardless of whether he is fervent or not. So there is no need to persuade anyone to vote for him. Ambode and Sanwoolu who are candidates supported by BAT are Christians, and Tinubu and APC party structure never make religion a criterion for selecting a governor. The LP candidate will never emerge as Lagos governor, Yoruba youths are wise now. Now they realized that LP is igbo party. Labour party wants to destroy Lagos, even their candidate Gbadebo can not speak Yoruba fluently. We won't sell our heritage to this nuisance.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by flokii: 1:00am On Mar 02, 2023
Napata77:

She knows all this.

But her tribalistic loyalty to Obi has overtaken her brain.

She is a big fo0l..

It's hard to see a right thinking Igbo person these days. 99.9% are spiteful and hateful of other tribes for no just cause.

If you ask them to leave, they'll say they are Nigerians and can live anywhere.. Ok ignore them, they'll say you are the one holding them back.

Election has come and gone and a winner has emerged.. move d fvck on and accept your fate but NO they want to make noise and disturb the whole wide world and cry victims.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by obehi231(m): 1:08am On Mar 02, 2023
This election was an embarrassment to nigeria caused by bat and the coward mahmud yakubu this whole saga would be short lived
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by plaindealer: 1:18am On Mar 02, 2023
What is this anti-Nigerian ipob woman talking about?

There are a million and one problems in your ipob SE from slaughtering your people to beheading them and enslaving them with sit at home, but just like the rest of them, they look the other way. This useless woman hates Nigeria so much that when she was given a national award, she turned it down and ridiculed Nigeria, now all of a sudden just like millions of Igbos, they develop fake and crocodile tears love for Nigeria.

Thank God Nigeria dodged her obi pandora ipob scheme..

Say no to ipob and obi pandora ipob agenda.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by crackhouse(m): 1:19am On Mar 02, 2023
Creamypie:
In as much as i voted obi and l.p, this one na Over sabi wanna be woman. Very froward. Na you know pass. She's wants to be more popular. Na her pattern right from her undergraduate days for those of us who know her from early to mid 2000s.Always choosing from a host of situations, the ones that will give her more attention and popularity. I knew she would write, as if u.s/u.k no dey aware say elections aren't transparent in Nigeria. We no see am for the herdsmen killings, boko killings, eastern killings, kidnappings and beheadings, naira crisis and scarcity, igboho house siege and the killings, cos those ones can't bring popularity like this
it's the transparency in election process that will usher in a reliable and good leader and it will in return take care of these problems u mentioned.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by SmartyPants(m): 1:19am On Mar 02, 2023
TimiRume:
It is well. The battle isn't over yet but victory is ours. Utilising every means to possess our mandate is inevitable. We must keep pushing because we are on the side of truth

P.s: My first post wasn't for you sir, I wanted to quote the guy above you.

You know by now you should have realized your leaders know the truth. Delay in uploading materials cannot automatically equal rigging. Such an argument will never be accepted by any Court.

a. You will have to prove the rigging by showing your figures. The results collected by your party agents.

b. You will then have to prove that the scale of difference would be enough to alter the course of the elections.

That LP and PDP have joined together despite each one claiming to have been the real winner shows that they have no proof. Otherwise, would they be presenting contrary evidence before the Court?

Moreover, this is why the dispute has been reduced to a single issue: non-electronic transmission of results. Will the Courts accept such an argument? No. Because it is based on a misunderstanding of what the law provides.

That is the reason your man has not yet come out to address the public. He has sent his VP to do all the talking. In a few days he will come out and say he is accepting the results for the sake of peace, while laying the blame with INEC.

Let's observe.
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by stepaside2: 1:24am On Mar 02, 2023
kpompey:

Your conclusion is very bias and no iota of sincerity. Sanwo Olu is a christian, regardless of whether he is fervent or not. So there is no need to persuade anyone to vote for him. Ambode and Sanwoolu who are candidates supported by BAT are Christians, and Tinubu and APC party structure never make religion a criterion for selecting a governor. The LP candidate will never emerge as Lagos governor, Yoruba youths are wise now. Now they realized that LP is igbo party. Labour party wants to destroy Lagos, even their candidate Gbadebo can not speak Yoruba fluently. We won't sell our heritage to this nuisance.
It is an observation i made. I am not attacking the religious affiliations or persuasions of the characters. I know religion is not an issue in SW and can't be used to divide them. That model of religious tolerance is one of the best in the world if not the best. My point is that politically, you have to reassure the many Christian voters in Lagos who may have voted LP in the Presidential elections to think again and not vote emotionally. I see the move as a wise political one, that is all I'm.saying.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:28am On Mar 02, 2023
johnmartus:
She should also write European union, African union Arab league, league Of Nations, union Nation organization etc .

😀😂🤣😂😀
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:29am On Mar 02, 2023
obehi231:
This election was an embarrassment to nigeria caused by bat and the coward mahmud yakubu this whole saga would be short lived

Move-on Oga!

The party is over!
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by akigbemaru: 1:30am On Mar 02, 2023
Creamypie:
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:31am On Mar 02, 2023
TimiRume:
Modified

She is saying the truth and standing for the truth. Please don't shut one of the voices of truth.

__It's sad seeing the number of derogatory comments against not just this noble woman but against the good people of Nigeria.

I ask you that is okay with corruption and the sad situation of the country and voted for its continuity, even if you don't fear men, are you that stupid to realise there is a God that hates wickedness and injustice and rewards every man according to his deeds.

This God is the very breath you take in every second. How can you think you can escape his wrath even when you feel good now

What fvckin truth is she standing for?

Did she write a letter for Tonthe United Nations when Americans claimed their election was rigged in favour of Biden!

Didn’t you watch the protest that happened after their last election.

Chimanda just chasing clout!

She should accept defeat and move-on! The party is over!

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Napata77: 1:35am On Mar 02, 2023
flokii:

She is a big fo0l..

It's hard to see a right thinking Igbo person these days. 99.9% are spiteful and hateful of other tribes for no just cause.

Don't be ignorant.

Do you know how many Yoruba-Igbo marriages happen every week in this country?

Stop equating Nairaland with Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Navalsadiq(m): 1:39am On Mar 02, 2023
Maize247:
This tribal bitch should keep shut
serious tribal bitch.if they ask them they will seriously say obi won the elections
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Navalsadiq(m): 1:42am On Mar 02, 2023
seunmsg:
After writing to the US government, she should write to UN, ICC, IMF, World bank and EU. It won’t change the result of the election. Tinubu will remain president for a minimum of 4 years.
jagaba shine gaba

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by HITsquad: 1:43am On Mar 02, 2023
Goodlady:

Town crier, before you cry to thirst. This is a woman responding you.
Enough is enough of your crying. You Obidients can do your worst!
Can you swear on your life that this election was free and fair?

People like you are the problem we have in this country, you know the real truth deep inside your heart that the election was rigged..... We all saw the hired thugs, the INEC officials fraudulent behaviors at polling stations, the uploaded results that didn't match the results we witnessed at the polls!

Election rigging is wrong and illega, it shows how obviously corrupt your candidate is (Nigeria is already a sinking ship, she has been sinking since APC took over... And an obvious corrupt leader is the last thing she needs right now!)

Yet people like you celebrate and cheer?? Why? why? Just fvcking why....? Cos im struggling to wrap my fvcking head around it. Is it religion? Is it Tribalism?

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by flokii: 1:43am On Mar 02, 2023
Napata77:

Don't be ignorant.

Do you know how many Yoruba-Igbo marriages happen every week in this country?

Stop equating Nairaland with Nigeria.

Yes we see them.. marriages where the Igbo ends up killing the Yoruba.

You have no idea of the number of Yoruba-Igbo marriages that have crashed and stll crashing over this presidential election and far more will crash over coming March 11 elections.

What people don't get is that love alone can't keep a marriage or home.. virtues and morals play an integral part in whether a union will last or not.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Napata77: 1:53am On Mar 02, 2023
Olurondo:
So you think USA cares about your election transparency and want things to work in Nigeria.The same USA where former President Donald Trump alleged that the last Presidential election was rigged because he lost and incited the January 6 insurrection. USA don't care about you,they have their own challenges.Support ko,Support ni!!

Don't mind the foolish, mentally colonised girl.

America where democracy is in reverse, with Trump, DeSantis and co, causing chaos everywhere, Trump calling for their constitution to be abandoned, and Americans claiming Biden was rigged into office, is the same America this foolish girl is crying to to save Nigerian democracy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Napata77: 1:55am On Mar 02, 2023
flokii:

Yes we see them.. marriages where the Igbo ends up killing the Yoruba.

You have no idea of the number of Yoruba-Igbo marriages that have crashed and stll crashing over this presidential election and far more will crash over coming March 11 elections.

What people don't get is that love alone can't keep a marriage or home.. virtues and morals play an integral part in whether a union will last or not.

LYING DEMON. CHOKE ON YOUR HATE. ASSWIPE.
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by MasterTeeUSA: 1:59am On Mar 02, 2023
We know those Africans in diaspora...na to run to slave masters first.

OdogwuOga:
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: My Country Is in a Fragile Place. (Published in New York Times on Feb. 28, 2023)

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/28/opinion/nigerian-elections-obi.html
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by bolademi(m): 1:59am On Mar 02, 2023
OdogwuOga:
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: My Country Is in a Fragile Place. (Published in New York Times on Feb. 28, 2023)

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/28/opinion/nigerian-elections-obi.html

Her useless lie
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by fredoooooo: 2:02am On Mar 02, 2023
Werey grin
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by quickly: 2:03am On Mar 02, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:
Americans know the truth, that's why they are watching keenly.

U ppl like to cry to America as if they don’t have their own problems.

There was also disenfranchisement in last US election.

The last 2 US elections

Did they cry to Nigeria for help?
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by TrueNigerian300: 2:11am On Mar 02, 2023
jchioma:
The whole country is like in mourning. Is that what one can call victory? Even known urchins are in doubt. What do you call this sham? From Lagos to Rivers, Abuja to Kaduna, the people are not happy. Even the gods are angry.

Only IPOB people are not happy 😃
E pain you well mumu people. Only political naive people like you believe Obi will win. Stop being a delusional loser.
Re: Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria by Pityoobi: 2:20am On Mar 02, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
He who laughs last, laughs best.
You need time to grief… you shouldn’t be on Nairaland right now. All this can destroy your mental health. You will never laugh on this matter, your false hope will vanish like smoke.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dismissed Sergeant Impersonated Classmate For 21 Years / Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? / Fashola Exits His Office On His Last Day As Governor Of Lagos(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.