Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,741 members, 7,820,550 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 (32550 Views)

Senate: APC Secures 59 Seats, PDP 36, LP 8, NNPP 2, SDP 2 / Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 / How They Stand In The Race For Senate: Apc 61 Pdp 33 Ypp 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by tnerro1(m): 9:29am On Mar 02, 2023
As long as dem no give that fat one senate president, am ok with it. I don mind oshomole as senate president sha
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by gfon(m): 9:33am On Mar 02, 2023
mickeyenglish:
Hmm! This, in actual sense, is not good for democracy.. Peter Obi ruined a lot of things..

APC now has total power and control of the senate.. EXTREME ABSOLUTE POWER. Even the idiots under the banner of the Labor Party WILL eventually decamp to APC.

Well, some people envisioned this long ago.. This is what happens, when you don't form alliances with each other

Ego killed the trio of Atiku, Kwankwaso and, Obi.

"I did not know then that pride is a wonderful, terrible thing, a seed that bears two vines, life and death." - James Hurst's "The Scarlet Ibis".

Post No Bill
it's not business as the usual,the youth would hold them accountable or sign petitions to have them recalled if they don't perform
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by twosquare(m): 9:35am On Mar 02, 2023
You have just spoken the gospel truth. Sometimes, you need a madman to equally deal with other madmen around, or we will be so disappointed if Obi ends up like Jonathan after so much love....it will traumatic, not just heartbreaking.
damble:
So, LP has just 7 elected senators and dont make us rest that their mandate was stolen? I am sure LP was rubbed in Rivers and those that wanted to vote for them couldnt in some few parts of lagos... Aside this, I dont believe LP and PDP were rubbed elsewhere apart from the under age voters that north is known for.... At this juncture, everyone should just join hands with Tinubu so he can start working for all...

One thing is certain, when you compare Tinubu with other candidates, you will realize he's not a kind of a leader that some cabals will be dictating to him what to do... This cannot be said about Obi. Obi will just be another Goodluck Jonathan. He will certainly be in charge.

God in heaven is my witness... I voted for Jonathan then and Obi now because they are good men...

I just realized now that being a good man alone doesnt mean you are competent to get a work DONE
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by Kaiser20: 9:35am On Mar 02, 2023
Supreme court judges will definitely reduce those APC senators
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by grandlexuz(m): 9:36am On Mar 02, 2023
Rikidony:

Why is the country so silence despite BAT being declared, what happen to the 8 million voters APC had, who voted for them?
The silent people
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by citygarden(m): 9:39am On Mar 02, 2023
God will bless you with this your reason. Hope some didn't bullying you because of this suggestion

damble:
So, LP has just 7 elected senators and dont make us rest that their mandate was stolen? I am sure LP was rubbed in Rivers and those that wanted to vote for them couldnt in some few parts of lagos... Aside this, I dont believe LP and PDP were rubbed elsewhere apart from the under age voters that north is known for.... At this juncture, everyone should just join hands with Tinubu so he can start working for all...

One thing is certain, when you compare Tinubu with other candidates, you will realize he's not a kind of a leader that some cabals will be dictating to him what to do... This cannot be said about Obi. Obi will just be another Goodluck Jonathan. He will certainly be in charge.

God in heaven is my witness... I voted for Jonathan then and Obi now because they are good men...

I just realized now that being a good man alone doesnt mean you are competent to get a work DONE
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by SugarGirl44(f): 9:40am On Mar 02, 2023
Rikidony:
Structureless party with 7 seats plus lots of HOA members, we will be taking back our Presidential mandate soon, Nigeria must be liberated

You like deceiving yourself sha.
You’re just recycling those useless politicians but fooling yourself that you want to take NG back.
Even your useless obi has been hopping from Larry to party.

If you’re really sincere and want a change, it’s for NG to split, or at least go back to regional govt.
for now you’re just playing politics of hatred and bitterness.

PS: I don’t read replies so don’t stress yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by frank14011991(m): 9:44am On Mar 02, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Senator Uzor Kalu might just clinch Senate Presidency

They were voting Labour Party from top to bottom out of Tribalism, hatred for Tinubu now Senate President is hard to zone to them

I would have preferred akpabio because the Southsouth really voted tinubu, I was shocked. Tinubu defeated Atiku in the south south despite having 4 governors

1 Like

Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by itsene: 9:44am On Mar 02, 2023
PrinceDoctor:

I think that was their deal right from the primaries. Kalu was dancing around Lawan. Akpabio stood down for Tinubu; the first before others. That's why they gave him the ticket even though he didn't "participate" in the senatorial primaries. He's good to go!
If you want deep and meaningful restructuring, manifesto- based legislation and ministers held accountable for their various ministries, you better make Oshiomole the Senate president.
Akpabio' s work regarding NDDC, sidelining confirmed board members with delay tactics of bogus forensic audit, makes me think he's not really a progressive, a former PDP man also.
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by Masterito(m): 9:48am On Mar 02, 2023
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by franchasofficia: 9:48am On Mar 02, 2023
gigabyte13:

It is time to blackmail the CJN right.....
Even before the case is being heard abi...
Court cases are not heard based on emotions, blackmail or outburst, but fact
Not beer parlour gist, or street venting.
Simply gather your fact and figures.
THR COURT IS WAITING
LAWYERS GO CASH OUT BIG TIME THIS YEAR
Like the one they heard on Imo State Gubernatorial election in 2019, all these evil una de cheer just cos its favoring you all, life get as e be oh, just be very careful sha
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by kponkedenge(m): 9:51am On Mar 02, 2023
OGwales:
We are still incharge... God bless APC

In charge while suffering and your leaders still away your future.
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by VEHINTOLAR: 10:01am On Mar 02, 2023
To all Yoruba obidient fools,I mean all the oponu,alainironu,akotileta omo Yoruba,who are foolishly supporting an evil agenda that's carefully designed to rob and take away from us our God's given heritage,you've got now to understand that we,the real omoluabi are very determined to stop you ! We won't allow you to give our heritage,our land and everything our forefathers toiled day and night to achieve and bequeathed to us,to some aliens from a foreign land. This is particularly directed at those senseless Yoruba yeyebritues,no option will be considered to much to be used to stop you from selling us to our enemies from a foreign land.

Obidient movement as it is currently constituted, is an evil Igbo agenda that's carefully packaged to destroy Yoruba people politically,economically and to rob us of what is rightfully ours ! It won't happen;we will resist such clandestine moves ! Our adversaries can try but no inch of Yoruba land will be allowed to be taken over,either through a mischievous political calculation or whatever means,by a group of sojourners in our midst. A vote for Labour Party in the forthcoming gubernatorial election in Lagos or any other parts of Yoruba land is a vote to sell Yoruba glory,Yoruba land,our heritage and everything Yoruba people stand for. Labour Party is Igbo agenda as it is now.

Yoruba r'onu,Igbo people have always wanted to take from you what's rightfully yours. Mr Nnamdi Azikiwe preferred to be Premier of the old western region as against his native eastern region where he hailed from ! Today,these same Igbo are quick to shout "Lagos is a no man's land" and as a mumu Yoruba youth that you are,you're foolishly shouting "I'm an Obidient" all around ! You are nothing but a FOOL !
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by Weallbloom: 10:02am On Mar 02, 2023
You can express your opinion without being insolent. Please explain what the Labour and PDP alliance would have looked like. This is not a parliamentary system. What you forget is that APC couldn't rig in Tinubu into the presidency without rigging in Senators and representatives. What happened here is a good thing. With Obi's help voters retired some ex-govs and soon to be ex-govs who wanted to turn the Senate into old people's homes. Now Abia, for instance, has young reps and a Senator who didn't come from money but was just recently on of the hoi polloi. What needs to happen is that PDP should merge with Labour and rename the party building it around Obi's fame in readiness for 2027.

An alliance
Blazebond:
When Dem tell una say na pdp votes una wan divide shebi una argue,una allow social media platforms influencers to deceive una,una Allow those clowns to use una to gain cheap popularity,shebi APC don grab the Senate, remaining the house of reps,next time una go Sabi wetin we dey call ALLIANCE'S for politics.
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by missionmex(m): 10:15am On Mar 02, 2023
Moh247:
cool

They were voting Labour Party from top to bottom out of Tribalism, hatred for Tinubu now Senate President is hard to zone to them

It will benefit his family. What is more important to us is the presidency.
Someone who will not traveling every now and then for medical check-up abroad.
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by sultry69(m): 10:20am On Mar 02, 2023
franchasofficia:
LP structure is forming small small cheesy

Meanwhile, Tinubu is sitting on a temporary Presidential seat cos the rigging proofs we have gotten so far guarantees LP a win, except CJN Ariwoola wants to also become another unfortunate human being like INEC's Yakubu
hahaha..........,Igbos/obidio.ts just love deceiving themselves,you guys said more than this before the election.one of you said there was a clip to use as evidence in court,but you guy failed to realise that APC also have a clip where your party was rigging as well, OBIDIO.T MUMU TOO MUCH
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by Rikidony(m): 10:21am On Mar 02, 2023
Sannisege:
6 seats all from Igbo land and one from Abuja.
E pain this one grin grin
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by Rikidony(m): 10:22am On Mar 02, 2023
SugarGirl44:

You like deceiving yourself sha.
You’re just recycling those useless politicians but fooling yourself that you want to take NG back.
Even your useless obi has been hopping from Larry to party.

If you’re really sincere and want a change, it’s for NG to split, or at least go back to regional govt.
for now you’re just playing politics of hatred and bitterness.

PS: I don’t read replies so don’t stress yourself.

Keep watch as we fought the legal battle to the end..
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by Bede2u(m): 10:24am On Mar 02, 2023
Moh247:
cool

let me ask you...be honest. If orji becomes Senate president, how does it benefit igbos? What did other Senate president's do for their people. Or is it how you understand politics. Its all about having your tribes man there?
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by Rikidony(m): 10:24am On Mar 02, 2023
HeroicMeastro:

Gone are those days when people will run through the streets because their candidate has won.
You will also agree with me that there were no resounding celebrations for the successful candidates of the National Assembly as well.
I remember when Jonathan won in 2011, the whole street was agog with celebration, 2015 when Buhari the same, but I keep asking urchins this same question "Where did Bat get his 8 million votes" Still no answer..
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by Gaabasky: 10:26am On Mar 02, 2023
LP tried but was expecting more from them. Anyway in the long run many of them will still decamped.
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by Moh247: 10:26am On Mar 02, 2023
Bede2u:
let me ask you...be honest. If orji becomes Senate president, how does it benefit igbos? What did other Senate president's do for their people. Or is it how you understand politics. Its all about having your tribes man there?

In case of constitution amendments, Ibo is the only geo political zone with 5 states and this affects development and Politics

Do you think Ibos have a chance to change that if they don't have a principal Officer in the house
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by Bede2u(m): 10:28am On Mar 02, 2023
Tonnierichy:
99% of those Labour Party guyz will decamp to APC before the next election. Screenshot this😂😂😂
you forget that politics is local. Some of them will lose their seat if they decamp. But why not talk about the new Senators from nnpp and apga...why always labour? I will tell you why...because in your mind you know that labour party has become a force. That's why you can't stop talking about it

1 Like

Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by Bede2u(m): 10:33am On Mar 02, 2023
Moh247:

In case of constitution amendments, Ibo is the only geo political zone with 5 states and this affects development and Politics

Do you think Ibos have a chance to change that if they don't have a principal Officer in the house
First of all, no new states will ever be created. I mean ever by the NASS so no need to dream about it.
Secondly principal office holders only get perks of office. Their entire power lie on how many people in the house that are loyal to them. Orji if he becomes SP will only become richer personally and generally do Tinubu's bidding because non of the Senators will be personally loyal to him.
The only purpose he will serve is to be used as propaganda by tinubu as what he did for the igbos. Do you see why it's actually not in our best interest if he becomes SP?
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by Bennycollins: 10:35am On Mar 02, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Orji Uzor Kalu is from where? Are you confused?
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by Arutan: 10:46am On Mar 02, 2023
Rikidony:
Structureless party with 7 seats plus lots of HOA members, we will be taking back our Presidential mandate soon, Nigeria must be liberated

God already liberated Nigeria. A lot of people prayed for this in silence while you were busy making all sorts of noise. Now God has given us the best president that this country will ever have. BAT will transform this nation to greatness. God has done His part and He will punish anyone that does not wish the new leadership of BAT ( a leadership ordained by God) well. You can’t fight against God otherwise you go into tribulation if you run against the new administration. Just allow the will of God to prevail. Why do you think God will support a candidate whose wife is a strong member of olumba olumba to rule this beloved against the candidate whose wife is a respected senior pastor in the Redeemed Christian Church of God. Based on APC 8 years track records Tinubu ought not to have scored even 1 vote across the nation but because God has a new plan for the country, BAT was divinely helped and now he is the President-Elect. Every attempt to oppose this anywhere will fail because this victory is divine.
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by seborrhic: 10:50am On Mar 02, 2023
Faber:

We are the ruling party before the end of the year. Save this somewhere. We have no time for your 2028 or 2066 elections, we won and must get our mandate back.
I thought I was responding to a reasonable human being,didn't know I responded to a deluded thing.
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by skj1377(m): 11:00am On Mar 02, 2023
Even in Senate labour came distant third only 7 Senate seats. Yet they feel they won the presidential election. What a set of day dreamers
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by Faber(m): 11:10am On Mar 02, 2023
seborrhic:

I thought I was responding to a reasonable human being,didn't know I was responded to a deluded thing.

You are as useful as a used condom...

Scumbag!
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by Honchoslim16(m): 11:10am On Mar 02, 2023
Tonnierichy:
99% of those Labour Party guyz will decamp to APC before the next election. Screenshot this😂😂😂
I told people already that 90% of the labour party guys that got elected into the Senate and House of Assembly, will decamp to APC and PDP.
Even Obi will decamp to PDP!

If we talk of a new Nigeria, Peter Obi is not to be mentioned!

1 Like

Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by fabolouz1(m): 11:11am On Mar 02, 2023
PDP will be in opposition for a long time .
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by skj1377(m): 11:26am On Mar 02, 2023
Wow nice one bro we are on same page. I even wrote similar thing on my university year Whatsapp group. I used the word "fool" they said I should take it back since is an insult I refused I insisted that "fool" is the best word to describe a Yoruba person that voted labour party apparently such person thinks Peter obi will give them an extra slice of bread but failed to see it Was at the expense of taking over his culture and heritage. I say it like this because i know the modus of operation of a group of Ibo people, their selfishness, self-centeredness and covetiousness . Incidentally, An average Ibo person may be nice but as you can see from the election they are like mafia mob or clannish that is why they are voting only one party in a whole region. Thank God other tribes in Nigeria voted tinubu and as such he has 25percent in 30 states when he needed only 25 states to win. Obi on the other hand the anointed from the church with all kinds of fasting and prayer from so called believers still could not come second in the election and worse still could not meet up with the simple 25percent in 24 states. I know the churches are looking for miracle that will make Peter obi president from third position since that is the kind of testimony they like to give on Sunday service in many churches.The church in my opinion should stay away from politics as they are unable to instill simple morals in their members. Under president Jonathan a Christian, a fellow Christian woman stole few billions of dollars belonging to the nation under his watch and yet people don't see it as a slap on the Christian faith. Anyways enough said.
VEHINTOLAR:
To all Yoruba obidient fools,I mean all the oponu,alainironu,akotileta omo Yoruba,who are foolishly supporting an evil agenda that's carefully designed to rob and take away from us our God's given heritage,you've got now to understand that we,the real omoluabi are very determined to stop you ! We won't allow you to give our heritage,our land and everything our forefathers toiled day and night to achieve and bequeathed to us,to some aliens from a foreign land. This is particularly directed at those senseless Yoruba yeyebritues,no option will be considered to much to be used to stop you from selling us to our enemies from a foreign land.

Obidient movement as it is currently constituted, is an evil Igbo agenda that's carefully packaged to destroy Yoruba people politically,economically and to rob us of what is rightfully ours ! It won't happen;we will resist such clandestine moves ! Our adversaries can try but no inch of Yoruba land will be allowed to be taken over,either through a mischievous political calculation or whatever means,by a group of sojourners in our midst. A vote for Labour Party in the forthcoming gubernatorial election in Lagos or any other parts of Yoruba land is a vote to sell Yoruba glory,Yoruba land,our heritage and everything Yoruba people stand for. Labour Party is Igbo agenda as it is now.

Yoruba r'onu,Igbo people have always wanted to take from you what's rightfully yours. Mr Nnamdi Azikiwe preferred to be Premier of the old western region as against his native eastern region where he hailed from ! Today,these same Igbo are quick to shout "Lagos is a no man's land" and as a mumu Yoruba youth that you are,you're foolishly shouting "I'm an Obidient" all around ! You are nothing but a FOOL !

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Celebrates His 63rd Birthday Today / Buhari Kicks Against Same Currency For West Africa By 2020 / Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.