Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,555 members, 7,837,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

The Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Here To Stay - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Here To Stay (628 Views)

The Twitter User Traveling To Kano For Obi/kwankwaso Ticket Is Now In Kano (vid) / Text Message On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is Fake - Tinubu Campaign Organization / Whoever Gets APC's Presidential Ticket Is In Big Trouble? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Here To Stay by Mbuhari2023: 8:13am On Mar 02, 2023
Reno Omokri, a Nigerian author, lawyer, and political commentator, recently took to Twitter to share his thoughts on the emergence of the Muslim-Muslim ticket in Nigerian politics. According to Omokri, the Muslim-Muslim ticket is here to stay, both at the federal and state levels. He attributes this to the political sagacity and unity demonstrated by Muslims, as well as the fact that even when their votes are split, they remain the deciding factor in elections.

Omokri's statement raises several interesting points and reflects the current political climate in Nigeria, which is marked by religious and ethnic tensions. The emergence of Muslim-Muslim tickets in politics is a reflection of these tensions, as politicians seek to build alliances along religious and ethnic lines.

One reason for the popularity of Muslim-Muslim tickets in Nigeria is the perceived political sagacity of Muslims. Muslims are often seen as being politically astute, with a keen sense of strategy and a willingness to work together to achieve their goals. This is especially true in the north, where the Muslim population is concentrated and where there is a long tradition of Islamic scholarship and leadership.

Another factor that contributes to the popularity of Muslim-Muslim tickets is the love and unity demonstrated by Muslims. Despite the many differences that exist within the Muslim community, there is a sense of solidarity and brotherhood that transcends these differences. This unity is often evident during political campaigns, as Muslims come together to support their candidates and ensure their victory at the polls.

Perhaps the most important reason for the success of Muslim-Muslim tickets is the fact that even when their votes are split, Muslims remain the deciding factor in elections. This is due to the large size of the Muslim population in Nigeria, particularly in the north. Even if Muslims vote for different candidates, their sheer numbers mean that they still hold significant sway over the outcome of elections.

However, while the emergence of Muslim-Muslim tickets in Nigerian politics may be a reflection of the political realities on the ground, it also raises concerns about the role of religion in politics. Some argue that the focus on religious and ethnic identities in Nigerian politics is detrimental to the country's unity and stability.

In response to Omokri's tweet, some commentators have expressed concern that the emergence of Muslim-Muslim tickets could further polarize the country along religious lines. They argue that politicians should focus on building bridges between different religious and ethnic groups, rather than exploiting these divisions for political gain.

Others, however, have defended the Muslim-Muslim ticket as a legitimate political strategy, arguing that politicians have the right to build alliances based on common interests and goals. They also point out that the success of Muslim-Muslim tickets in politics is a reflection of the democratic process, as voters are free to choose the candidates they believe will best represent their interests.

In conclusion, the emergence of Muslim-Muslim tickets in Nigerian politics is a reflection of the complex religious and ethnic dynamics that exist in the country. While some see this as a legitimate political strategy, others argue that it could further polarize the country along religious lines. Ultimately, the success of Muslim-Muslim tickets will depend on the ability of politicians to balance the competing demands of their religious and ethnic constituencies, while also promoting unity and stability in the country as a whole.

Re: The Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Here To Stay by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 8:17am On Mar 02, 2023
A Christian Christian ticket is coming after 8 years.

1 Like

Re: The Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Here To Stay by Hashabiah: 8:19am On Mar 02, 2023
Reno is just a bastard I swear ...

1 Like

Re: The Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Here To Stay by Goodlady(f): 8:20am On Mar 02, 2023
Mbuhari2023:

In conclusion, the emergence of Muslim-Muslim tickets in Nigerian politics is a reflection of the complex religious and ethnic dynamics that exist in the country. While some see this as a legitimate political strategy, others argue that it could further polarize the country along religious lines. Ultimately, the success of Muslim-Muslim tickets will depend on the ability of politicians to balance the competing demands of their religious and ethnic constituencies, while also promoting unity and stability in the country as a whole.
I supported BAT. I ll love to see Christian-Christian ticket in future. ChrisChris is highly needed too after Tinubu's reign for fairness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Here To Stay by spinna: 8:31am On Mar 02, 2023
Even if its muslim pagan ticket.. the church in Nigeria cannot be overwhelmed

The way has also been cleared for Christian Christian ticket which is also a great development
Re: The Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Here To Stay by Hashabiah: 8:32am On Mar 02, 2023
Goodlady:

I supported BAT. I ll love to see Christian-Christian ticket in future. ChrisChris is highly needed too after Tinubu's reign for fairness
You supported evil just for the cause of a yoruba presidency? You yorubas support evil at every corner just to further your own interests...anyway, those of una wey dey north , Boko-haram must yanka una just the way they did to that Redeem woman in Kano

1 Like

Re: The Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Here To Stay by Goodlady(f): 8:36am On Mar 02, 2023
Hashabiah:
You supported evil just for the cause of a yoruba presidency? You yorubas support evil at every corner just to further your own interests...anyway, those of una wey dey north , Boko-haram must yanka una just the way they did to that Redeem woman in Kano
If Boko no touch dem go and do so. Accuse Yorubas of anything na you go still suffer. Supporting Tinubu is for logical reasons to justify Christian Christian in future
Re: The Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Here To Stay by Hashabiah: 8:40am On Mar 02, 2023
Goodlady:

If Boko no touch dem go and do so. Accuse Yorubas of anything na you go still suffer. Supporting Tinubu is for logical reasons to justify Christian Christian in future
You idiots keep deceiving yourselves. I'm from the north and I know that hausa muslims will never , I repeat never support a Christian-christian ticket . Those of us in the north who voted for Peter Obi did so because we're tire of the banidrty ravaging us by Tinubu's APC , and we will never regret it because he is far better than that demonic Shettima

1 Like

Re: The Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Here To Stay by SHINJA: 8:43am On Mar 02, 2023
Hashabiah:
You idiots keep deceiving yourselves. I'm from the north and I know that hausa muslims will never , I repeat never support a Christian-christian ticket . Those of us in the north who voted for Peter Obi did so we are tire of the banidrty ravaging us by Tinubu's APC , and we will never regret it because he is far better than that demonic Shettima

Forget that stupid Tinubu supporter..

They think Muslims in the north will ever support Christian-christian ticket..

Stupid Christians in the south were busy voting for Muslim-muslim ticket..
Re: The Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Here To Stay by Hashabiah: 8:47am On Mar 02, 2023
SHINJA:

Forget that stupid Tinubu supporter..

They think Muslims in the north will ever support Christian-christian ticket..

Stupid Christians in the south were busy voting for Muslim-muslim ticket..
Wallahi ...I was disappointed to see that rubbish , especially from a fellow Christian who I'm calling a sister in Christ.

You needed to have seen how my community in Niger had to pay bandits just to enter their farms this last harvest season. It was just terrible...
Re: The Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Here To Stay by SHINJA: 8:51am On Mar 02, 2023
Hashabiah:
Wallahi ...I was disappointed to see that rubbish , especially from a fellow Christian who I'm calling a sister in Christ.

You needed to have seen how my community in Niger had to pay bandits just to enter their farms this last harvest season. It was just terrible...

They will pay the price soon....

I pity women who vote for Muslim-muslim ticket...see how women are being treated in islamic countries ,soon we will be seeing that only if obi take back his mandate...

Is a pity alot of Christians in Nigerians are not yet wise...
Re: The Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Here To Stay by Slynation(m): 9:03am On Mar 02, 2023
Goodlady:

I hope you won't cry to the police and Army when the evil roosters ๐Ÿ“ you supported today comes home to roost...!!

You all obviously thought it's about giving the Yorubas presidency, perhaps you all thought it's about hating on Tinubu as a person...

But in the real sense, you all only succeeded in empowering the Boko-haram, ISWAP and the Fulani herders...!! You guys didn't even learn anything from Owo attack
Re: The Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Here To Stay by Flathead8: 9:03am On Mar 02, 2023
You a northerner Christian, and we core northerners will never support u bsstards!
Hashabiah:
You idiots keep deceiving yourselves. I'm from the north and I know that hausa muslims will never , I repeat never support a Christian-christian ticket . Those of us in the north who voted for Peter Obi did so because we're tire of the banidrty ravaging us by Tinubu's APC , and we will never regret it because he is far better than that demonic Shettima
Re: The Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Here To Stay by Hashabiah: 9:05am On Mar 02, 2023
Flathead8:
You a northerner Christian, and we core northerners will never support u bsstards!
Ubanka ...
Re: The Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Here To Stay by Flathead8: 9:09am On Mar 02, 2023
Shege arnan banza! You will never rule this country. Gamu da Muslim Muslim government
Hashabiah:
Ubanka ...
Re: The Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Here To Stay by Goodlady(f): 9:29am On Mar 02, 2023
Slynation:
I hope you won't cry to the police and Army when the evil roosters ๐Ÿ“ you supported today comes home to roost...!!

You all obviously thought it's about giving the Yorubas presidency, perhaps you all thought it's about hating on Tinubu as a person...

But in the real sense, you all only succeeded in empowering the Boko-haram, ISWAP and the Fulani herders...!! You guys didn't even learn anything from Owo attack
Lesson learnt everywhere and a prepared future is intact. Let marauders come n be treated in languages they understand.
Re: The Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Here To Stay by Goodlady(f): 9:30am On Mar 02, 2023
Hashabiah:
Leave Shettima demon alone. He ll be given deliverance
Re: The Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Here To Stay by Samunique(m): 9:49am On Mar 02, 2023
Hashabiah:
Reno is just a bastard I swear ...
Don't mind the Esau of our generation !!

I don't think APC will ever try it again,bcs they themselves know they lost this election, if not for their rigging machine !

So let the christians be proud of themselves ( though not all ) but those who were against mu mu ticket, you are the winners !

They know you made a very huge statement and you actually won.

They would think twice before anybody tries such rubbish in the future.

They ( APC ) actually know they lost this election.

You have 21 states you can only win 11 plus Rivers State which was clearly rigged........

Let's Reno continue his rantings as usual, believe ye me Nigerian christians, you've made a very huge statement and put fear in their hearts.

I know next time, they will think twice before they foised mu morning ticket on Nigerians, bcs APC actually lost this election !

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Will Never Be The Same Again If They Lose Lagos / Obedient uses fake picture to show suicide for Peter Obi Loss / Real Presidential Election Results, Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.