Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,246 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

The Alarming Number Of Bank Transactions Now 'hanging' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Alarming Number Of Bank Transactions Now 'hanging' (2065 Views)

EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres / Politicians Are Trying To Twist The Story Of Bank Robber's Death - Abba Kyari / Buhari Orders Details Of Kogi Zenith Bank Transactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Alarming Number Of Bank Transactions Now 'hanging' by seborrhic: 3:55pm On Mar 02, 2023
I did a transaction on a POS terminal.
The transaction was declined but I was debited.
That was last month.I was reassured by the POS agent that it would be reversed by the bank,so I just left it at that.
Some days after I transferred money with a different bank account to another bank.I was similarly debited,but the recipient didn't receive the money,which I am sure of because I also have free access to the person's account because she's a direct relation.
I was similarly expecting an automatic reversal because it happens like that atimes.But hours went by,24 hours,48hours!
That was when I knew this was no longer a joke and I started sweating,then I remembered I had forgotten that of the POS because it was a small amount.
I quickly called both banks customer care numbers,they were not connecting throughout the day.I started sending mails,then later at night I still tried because the CC lines were purported to be 24 hours.Still no show.
I didn't get any direct reply or calls after the mails except for the automatic response they send everyone.
POS was now going to 2 weeks,the online transaction 1 week.With no response in sight and my entire system suddenly looking like I was now having abdominal upset,aka,diarrheal of "hanging monies"origin,I ran to twitter to lay my complaint on the 2 banks Twitter handles,only to realise other people had similar issues.Some had even started official complaints for 3 weeks,2 weeks,others days with no reversal or crediting of the affected accounts.A user even posted of having transferred ₦850k to an account,wasn't received and wasn't reversed!!
Now I was in obvious panic,have lost appetite and getting extremely worried.
How many nairalanders have this experience and what do we do because these hanging monies are into several billions if totalled and the networks are not getting better.
These are monies meant for businesses,to feed,buy foodstuff or to family members in urgent need of taking care of health or other urgent needs.
You go to buy fuel,you are stranded because POS receipt says declined,so they refuse to sell to you,yet you don't see your money.
A guy even told a story of how he went to eat with friends,after eating they tried transferring,but no way,it became a big embarrassment!!!
Please nairalanders,narrrate your experience and the way forward.
I remain yours in sweaty,panicky mode.

3 Likes

Re: The Alarming Number Of Bank Transactions Now 'hanging' by HRHQueenPhil(f): 4:07pm On Mar 02, 2023
seborrhic:
I did a transaction on a POS terminal.
The transaction was declined but I was debited.
That was last month.I was reassured by the POS agent that it would be reversed by the bank,so I just left it at that.
Some days after I transferred money with a different bank account to another bank.I was similarly debited,but the recipient didn't receive the money,which I am sure of because I also have free access to the person's account because she's a direct relation.
I was similarly expecting an automatic reversal because it happens like that atimes.But hours went by,24 hours,48hours!
That was when I knew this was no longer a joke and I started sweating,then I remembered I had forgotten that of the POS because it was a small amount.
I quickly called both banks customer care numbers,they were not connecting throughout the day.I started sending mails,then later at night I still tried because the CC lines were purported to be 24 hours.Still no show.
I didn't get any direct reply or calls after the mails except for the automatic response they send everyone.
POS was now going to 2 weeks,the online transaction 1 week.With no response in sight and my entire system suddenly looking like I was now having abdominal upset,aka,diarrheal of "hanging monies"origin,I ran to twitter to lay my complaint on the 2 banks Twitter handles,only to realise other people had similar issues.Some had even started official complaints for 3 weeks,2 weeks,others days with no reversal or crediting of the affected accounts.A user even posted of having transferred ₦850k to an account,wasn't received and wasn't reversed!!
Now I was in obvious panic,have lost appetite and getting extremely worried.
How many nairalanders have this experience and what do we do because these hanging monies are into several billions if totalled and the networks are not getting better.
These are monies meant for businesses,to feed,buy foodstuff or to family members in urgent need of taking care of health or other urgent needs.
You go to buy fuel,you are stranded because POS receipt says declined,so they refuse to sell to you,yet you don't see your money.
A guy even told a story of how he went to eat with friends,after eating they tried transferring,but no way,it became a big embarrassment!!!
Please nairalanders,narrrate your experience and the way forward.
I remain yours in sweaty,panicky mode.

So sorry. That's why it's through transfer or cash I carry out transactions
POS failed transactions is so complicated for the bank ..worse is for bank cards like nombia, opay, palmpay and Kuda. They have microfinance bank license hence they need other banks to help them making the process enter weeks instead of hours.

Also, 70 percent of failed transactions are actually successful but the POS person will later see the money and has no way of calling u back to give value. When the banks reach out to them, they'll say it was successful making u look stupid

Anyway I only bank were I have family member or best friend so they can give me update cos I don't have time to be going to bank to ask how far. 450k and I will use POS..never.. if u don't take tranfer ..forget it...cos u must bring better evidence from bank that the transaction failed and it will take forever

1 Like

Re: The Alarming Number Of Bank Transactions Now 'hanging' by DeLaRue: 4:15pm On Mar 02, 2023
I have a bank transfer from 10th February that has still not settled.

At times I wonder if the money disappeared because my bank simply has no answer for what has happened.

The banking system will take several weeks, or months if cash continues to be scarce, to get back to normal.

1 Like

Re: The Alarming Number Of Bank Transactions Now 'hanging' by seborrhic: 4:15pm On Mar 02, 2023
HRHQueenPhil:

So sorry. That's why it's through transfer or cash I carry out transactions
POS failed transactions is so complicated for the bank ..worse is for bank cards like nombia, opay, palmpay and Kuda. They have microfinance bank license hence they need other banks to help them making the process enter weeks instead of hours.

Also, 70 percent of failed transactions are actually successful but the POS person will later see the money and has no way of calling u back to give value. When the banks reach out to them, they'll say it was successful making u look stupid

Anyway I only bank were I have family member or best friend so they can give me update cos I don't have time to be going to bank to ask how far. 450k and I will use POS..never.. if u don't take tranfer ..forget it...cos u must bring better evidence from bank that the transaction failed and it will take forever
It's not just POS dear.
Online transactions are just hanging up and down.
I went to uba and first bank Twitter handles and saw the number of complaints.Many are unresolved going to weeks.
I thought there was a time CBN made it compulsory for such transactions to be reversed or resolved within 24 hours but it seems Emefiele was busy trying to run for political office,then this his failed naira swap policies to remember that the CBN has utterly failed in it's oversight functions to banks!
Re: The Alarming Number Of Bank Transactions Now 'hanging' by seborrhic: 4:19pm On Mar 02, 2023
DeLaRue:
I have a bank transfer from 10th February that has still not settled.

At times I wonder if the money disappeared because my bank simply has no answer for what has happened.

The banking system will take several weeks, or months if cash continues to be scarce, to get back to normal.
Wao!
So what steps have you taken about it or you just left the money to go like that!
What if the amount involved is huge and is for something like rent or to purchase goods for business and landlord has not seen alert and is threatening to evict you or your goods can't be supplied because alert has not been seen?
Re: The Alarming Number Of Bank Transactions Now 'hanging' by Slynation(m): 4:23pm On Mar 02, 2023
Many people can attest to this, millions if not billions are still hanging in the air, It was as if my village people came for me last 2 weeks, non of my transactions was going through and I will be debited, I was on several occasions debited twice/3 times for a transaction due to network failure and that's how the money goes like that...how can a country without solid network decides to go cashless!!
Re: The Alarming Number Of Bank Transactions Now 'hanging' by HRHQueenPhil(f): 4:29pm On Mar 02, 2023
seborrhic:

It's not just POS dear.
Online transactions are just hanging up and down.
I went to uba and first bank Twitter handles and saw the number of complaints.Many are unresolved going to weeks.
I thought there was a time CBN made it compulsory for such transactions to be reversed or resolved within 24 hours but it seems Emefiele was busy trying to run for political office,then this his failed naira swap policies to remember that the CBN has utterly failed in it's oversight functions to banks!

Bank transfer is as a result of network and sorted within 3 days but POS...dats another ball game
Re: The Alarming Number Of Bank Transactions Now 'hanging' by Felabrity: 4:37pm On Mar 02, 2023
Pathetic

Too congested
Re: The Alarming Number Of Bank Transactions Now 'hanging' by seborrhic: 5:09pm On Mar 02, 2023
Slynation:
I was on several occasions debited twice/3 times for a transaction due to network failure and that's how the money goes like that
You mean you abandoned recovering your monies?!
Re: The Alarming Number Of Bank Transactions Now 'hanging' by seborrhic: 5:10pm On Mar 02, 2023
Felabrity:
Pathetic
Too congested
Pathetic is an understatement. The right word is scary!
Re: The Alarming Number Of Bank Transactions Now 'hanging' by Benard5050: 5:37pm On Mar 02, 2023
Same thing I'm going through right nw
Re: The Alarming Number Of Bank Transactions Now 'hanging' by Nightwolf1: 5:46pm On Mar 02, 2023
Since 2 days ago, someone transferred money into my account, right now the money is nowhere to be found. The transfer I did this morning hasn't gotten to its destination. UBA is becoming something else these days.
Re: The Alarming Number Of Bank Transactions Now 'hanging' by Slynation(m): 5:49pm On Mar 02, 2023
seborrhic:

You mean you abandoned recovering your monies?!
I just tire, they wouldn't even let me to go inside the bank, neither would they respond to there mails...
Re: The Alarming Number Of Bank Transactions Now 'hanging' by seborrhic: 6:07pm On Mar 02, 2023
Slynation:
I just tire, they wouldn't even let me to go inside the bank, neither would they respond to there mails...
The physical appearance to the bank is a no go area.Your nearest branch maybe closed or you simply can't go into the ones that are open due to the deluge of people with complaints or want to do businesses in the bank but must be physically present to have their business sorted out.
It's a nightmarish period out there now.
The scary thing is that I have yet to read here of someone that had such failed transaction resolved!

1 Like

Re: The Alarming Number Of Bank Transactions Now 'hanging' by seborrhic: 6:08pm On Mar 02, 2023
Benard5050:
Same thing I'm going through right nw
Yours is going for how long now?
Re: The Alarming Number Of Bank Transactions Now 'hanging' by seborrhic: 6:09pm On Mar 02, 2023
Nightwolf1:
Since 2 days ago, someone transferred money into my account, right now the money is nowhere to be found. The transfer I did this morning hasn't gotten to its destination. UBA is becoming something else these days.
Any positive feedback from UBA?
Re: The Alarming Number Of Bank Transactions Now 'hanging' by Beremx(f): 6:14pm On Mar 02, 2023
Money i transferred to someone via UBA in Owerri hasn't reached it's destination. I called UBA costumer care and I was told the money just passed Niger bridge at Onitsha heading towards Owerri. 🤣🤣🤣

Make I dey play 🏋️🏋️🏋️
Re: The Alarming Number Of Bank Transactions Now 'hanging' by seborrhic: 6:28pm On Mar 02, 2023
Beremx:
Money i transferred to someone via UBA in Owerri hasn't reached it's destination. I called UBA costumer care and I was told the money just passed Niger bridge at Onitsha heading towards Owerri. 🤣🤣🤣

Make I dey play 🏋️🏋️🏋️
You are even lucky you got through to them on phone.The customer care lines will just be playing music for you if you are lucky,but most times it's just doesn't connect.
How long ago has your issue been going?
Re: The Alarming Number Of Bank Transactions Now 'hanging' by THEMORALMEN: 6:31pm On Mar 02, 2023
This is were ussd code saves life.
If the network is not working properly ussd will never even flinch an inch to work.
But u see bank app.....hmm.
Dat one na automatic express, network good or e no good.
As far as the bank app open and u get data
Fiam.....it will right successful transaction while ur account will be debited before u say jack.
ur recipients won't be credited.

I still have my 80k hanging in the thin air.
While trying to transfer from my access to my opay for easy buying of groceries I needed at my house.

Omo na so money hang.
My opay wasn't credited but my access was debited.
After waiting like 30minute with nothing.
I have to used ussd 20k (4times) which only work when the network is very strong and reliable.

Bank app na express way to loose money sharp sharp
Re: The Alarming Number Of Bank Transactions Now 'hanging' by Beremx(f): 8:08pm On Mar 02, 2023
seborrhic:

You are even lucky you got through to them on phone.The customer care lines will just be playing music for you if you are lucky,but most times it's just doesn't connect.
How long ago has your issue been going?
I was being sarcastic with my post, but seriously I do get swift response to my complaints just that since this cash crunch started, it's been horrible. I am still hoping they will answer me.
It is well dear
Re: The Alarming Number Of Bank Transactions Now 'hanging' by seborrhic: 8:58pm On Mar 02, 2023
Beremx:
I was being sarcastic with my post, but seriously I do get swift response to my complaints just that since this cash crunch started, it's been horrible. I am still hoping they will answer me.
It is well dear
O!Ok.
Re: The Alarming Number Of Bank Transactions Now 'hanging' by seborrhic: 8:59pm On Mar 02, 2023
THEMORALMEN:
This is were ussd code saves life.
If the network is not working properly ussd will never even flinch an inch to work.
But u see bank app.....hmm.
Dat one na automatic express, network good or e no good.
As far as the bank app open and u get data
Fiam.....it will right successful transaction while ur account will be debited before u say jack.
ur recipients won't be credited.

I still have my 80k hanging in the thin air.
While trying to transfer from my access to my opay for easy buying of groceries I needed at my house.

Omo na so money hang.
My opay wasn't credited but my access was debited.
After waiting like 30minute with nothing.
I have to used ussd 20k (4times) which only work when the network is very strong and reliable.

Bank app na express way to loose money sharp sharp

That ussd stuff can be somehow atimes,but at least your experience hasn't been that bad from your narration here.
Re: The Alarming Number Of Bank Transactions Now 'hanging' by NIGERIAisComedy: 9:10pm On Mar 02, 2023
Bruv it's too much men

When I was in Yankee, I never ever ever ever experienced such.

How can a transaction say declined/No/False/0 yet you still deduct money, for what?

Never seen that in America before.

WTF

Where is all the money going?
Re: The Alarming Number Of Bank Transactions Now 'hanging' by blackmantis: 9:44pm On Mar 02, 2023
I have over 100k debit from 2 transactions that didn't go through. GTB and Uba. It's so frustrating,

Go cashless
Go cashless

Where is the network?
Putting the cart before the horse.
Re: The Alarming Number Of Bank Transactions Now 'hanging' by seborrhic: 9:57pm On Mar 02, 2023
blackmantis:
I have over 100k debit from 2 transactions that didn't go through. GTB and Uba. It's so frustrating,

Go cashless
Go cashless

Where is the network?
Putting the cart before the horse.
Why you sounding you just taking it as something normal.
100k of your own hard earned money and you are not sounding disturbed!
Maybe that's why there doesn't seem to be social media commotion about it,people seem to be taking it in their strides,like if it's resolved good,if not,money don go,na to hussle to replace am!!
Re: The Alarming Number Of Bank Transactions Now 'hanging' by kokoA(m): 10:05pm On Mar 02, 2023
Send an email to them accusing them of fraud, insult the hell out of them, bet me they will respond within hours. I've tried that many times, one occasion got someone fired and I felt bad so I stopped. Works like magic.

1 Like

Re: The Alarming Number Of Bank Transactions Now 'hanging' by blackmantis: 10:09pm On Mar 02, 2023
seborrhic:

Why you sounding you just taking it as something normal.
100k of your own hard earned money and you are not sounding disturbed!
Maybe that's why there doesn't seem to be social media commotion about it,people seem to be taking it in their strides,like if it's resolved good,if not,money don go,na to hussle to replace am!!

If you know how many productive hours I've wasted trying to get the banks to refund my money. Customer care line you would hear you are the 47th customer your wait time is 27minutes......after waiting for 15mins the call cuts off then you start again. At the banking hall I was told to wait for 7working days. After which they kept saying they have escalated it and it would soon be resolved. I should check back in 3days etc. It's getting to 2 weeks now nothing.
Re: The Alarming Number Of Bank Transactions Now 'hanging' by seborrhic: 11:05pm On Mar 02, 2023
blackmantis:

If you know how many productive hours I've wasted trying to get the banks to refund my money. Customer care line you would hear you are the 47th customer your wait time is 27minutes......after waiting for 15mins the call cuts off then you start again. At the banking hall I was told to wait for 7working days. After which they kept saying they have escalated it and it would soon be resolved. I should check back in 3days etc. It's getting to 2 weeks now nothing.
O,Ok.
I initially thought you just left it at that.
Re: The Alarming Number Of Bank Transactions Now 'hanging' by annayawchee: 6:34am On Mar 12, 2023
This is so frustrating..
Someone made a transfer to me through a first monie POS to my account on the 7th.
People of God 13k is yet to drop into my account..

I've went back to the POS merchant and she showed me my transaction and the status was successful...

I've written to first bank and I've yet to get any feedback..

I've visiting on Tues anyways
Re: The Alarming Number Of Bank Transactions Now 'hanging' by Sorrynovex: 6:43am On Mar 12, 2023
If you use first bank and decide to eat in a fastfood first before testing the pos machine

Be ready for the dance of salamander

#sorrynovex
Re: The Alarming Number Of Bank Transactions Now 'hanging' by Laggafin: 6:48am On Mar 12, 2023
I bought stuff at market 3wks ago . .did transfer wit pos..it was declined but I was debited.. the seller didnt get any alert and refused to handover the commodities to me..went to my bank to lay complaints.. they gave me a form to fill..this is 3wks after.i havnt gotten any reversal.. even I had to insist the seller gets me her statement of account from her own bank on day transaction was made to present.. cuz the money big small.. and she obliged me and got her SOA.. cross checked it.. there was no money credited to her from my account.. ok few days ago .my sister sent me some funds..she has been debited..but my account is yet to be credited.. I'm just paranoid and so livid now.. is looking to me like these banks are using excuse of glitch in dia networks to rip us off our financies and something urgent must be done .. I'm calling out Ecobank in particular.. they can do better

1 Like

Re: The Alarming Number Of Bank Transactions Now 'hanging' by Jacobx007: 6:58am On Mar 12, 2023
I made a transfer from my firstbank app to Opay account 4 days ago but the guy said he hasn't seen the money.
I thought he is trying to dupe me so I transferred another 10k to my own Opay account, gbam e hang again 2 days now.
I now know the guy is saying the truth and it's very frustrating.

(1) (2) (Reply)

They Put Something In My Food- DJ Splash Exposes Ordeal While With Naira Marley / Sultan Of Sokoto - Stop Causing Religious Crises. Nigeria is NOT Fulani Land. / Appeal Court Sacks All 16 PDP Lawmakers In Plateau Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.