Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

2023: Why I Won’t Congratulate President-elect Tinubu – Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Why I Won’t Congratulate President-elect Tinubu – Peter Obi (1935 Views)

President-Elect Tinubu And His Vice, Shettima Brainstorming On National Issue / Why Obiano Won’t Congratulate Obi Over Nomination As Atiku’s Running Mate - Aide / Why I Won’t Congratulate Obi For Emerging Atiku’s Running-mate – Gov. Obiano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Why I Won’t Congratulate President-elect Tinubu – Peter Obi by sharpden: 4:39pm On Mar 02, 2023
Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP) has said he will not congratulate Bola Tinubu, Nigeria’s President-Elect.

Mr Obi who contested and lost the top office to Mr Tinubu, was announced by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as coming third in the disputed exercise.

The former Anambra State governor has disagreed, arguing that he won the Saturday exercise but was rigged out.

He vowed to reclaim his mandate using the instruments of the law through the judiciary.

Addressing a press conference in Abuja on Thursday, the LP candidate said he will explore legal means, citing similar scenario that occurred when he sought to become Anambra governor.

He explained that he will not congratulate the former Lagos governor because Mr Tinubu does not deserve winning the Saturday exercise.

“I was once awarded a Prof by a school, but I turned it down because it is wrong & unethical to accept what you don’t deserve,” Mr Obi recalled. “I will not call to congratulate him (Tinubu) because he doesn’t deserve the win.

“If you must be referred to as “Your Excellency”, then the process through which you arrive in office must be excellent,” he added.

https://todaypoliticsng.com/2023-why-i-wont-congratulate-president-elect-tinubu-peter-obi/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Congratulate President-elect Tinubu – Peter Obi by heniford2: 4:42pm On Mar 02, 2023
I feel bad even though am outside i feel some part of me its shut down like something is missing 😐

9 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Congratulate President-elect Tinubu – Peter Obi by temitope27(m): 4:43pm On Mar 02, 2023
Oniyeye

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Congratulate President-elect Tinubu – Peter Obi by skedman(m): 4:44pm On Mar 02, 2023
It will be better for you to congratulate him than this childish behavior Nigerians forget people easily after the second year you are completely out of their mind

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Congratulate President-elect Tinubu – Peter Obi by kk2027: 4:45pm On Mar 02, 2023
skedman:
It will be better for you to congratulate him than this childish behavior Nigerians forget people easily after the second year you are completely out of their mind

Remind me why the results were not transmitted electronically again

In the middle of bvas, we relapsed to the old way rigging grin

Tell emilokan to rule naija no be force

Tinubu that lost woefully in Osun or Lagos was miraculously winning in opponents strongholds, no be juju?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Congratulate President-elect Tinubu – Peter Obi by johnmartus(m): 4:45pm On Mar 02, 2023
I pray this your arrogant will not lead you to political oblivion. How can someone came third distance saying he win the election.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Congratulate President-elect Tinubu – Peter Obi by ChatterHouse: 4:46pm On Mar 02, 2023
Nigeria will reclaim their mandate through Peter obi

They want to use defeatist mentality to rob us of our mandate
It wouldn't work. We are too smart for it

Vote Labour Party in gubernatorial election on 11th

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Congratulate President-elect Tinubu – Peter Obi by kk2027: 4:46pm On Mar 02, 2023
If APC knows they've done well and Nigeria will love to re-elect them, why not allow a free and fair election

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Congratulate President-elect Tinubu – Peter Obi by Iykopee(m): 4:46pm On Mar 02, 2023
They want to become president by the hook or by the crook. Peter Obi u are a noble man. The thieves are happy because the system is back to the era of 1999.

6 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Congratulate President-elect Tinubu – Peter Obi by kk2027: 4:46pm On Mar 02, 2023
johnmartus:
I pray this your arrogant will not lead you to political oblivion. How can someone came third distance saying he win the election.

He won actually
No way emilokan that lost woefully in Osun and Lagos.
He couldnt even get 25% in Abuja

But he was miraculously winning in far away opponents stronghold

Bvas suddenly suspended and we relapsed to the old method of rigging

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Congratulate President-elect Tinubu – Peter Obi by johnmartus(m): 4:48pm On Mar 02, 2023
He should proceed to court.
kk2027:

He won actually
Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Congratulate President-elect Tinubu – Peter Obi by Image123(m): 4:48pm On Mar 02, 2023
Good, better, best. Because i don't hope that Tinubu works with someone so empty as Obi. Tinubu is so large hearted and forgiving, sometimes i wonder why he's not a Christian. But thanks to God, the people he wants to reconcile with are saying no.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Congratulate President-elect Tinubu – Peter Obi by kk2027: 4:49pm On Mar 02, 2023
johnmartus:
He should proceed to court.

Thats exacts what this thread is about
Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Congratulate President-elect Tinubu – Peter Obi by johnmartus(m): 4:49pm On Mar 02, 2023
Wasting of time and money.
kk2027:

Thats exacts what this thread is about
Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Congratulate President-elect Tinubu – Peter Obi by kk2027: 4:50pm On Mar 02, 2023
johnmartus:

Because the courts have been bought, right?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Congratulate President-elect Tinubu – Peter Obi by johnmartus(m): 4:52pm On Mar 02, 2023
Because there is no rational explanation on his action.
kk2027:

Because the courts have been bought, right?
Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Congratulate President-elect Tinubu – Peter Obi by sharpden: 4:52pm On Mar 02, 2023
Image123:
Good, better, best. Because i don't hope that Tinubu works with someone so empty as Obi. Tinubu is so large hearted and forgiving, sometimes i wonder why he's not a Christian. But thanks to God, the people he wants to reconcile with are saying no.

Reconcile? For what? Is that how politicians reconcile?

If you know you are not guilty then no need for reconciliation except if something is fishy

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Congratulate President-elect Tinubu – Peter Obi by christistruth01: 4:53pm On Mar 02, 2023
grin

I just pray that the Osu Caste did not lay a strong Curse on their Oppressors

God should just show Mercy

Thank God Peter Obi didn't come second

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Congratulate President-elect Tinubu – Peter Obi by Image123(m): 4:54pm On Mar 02, 2023
sharpden:

Reconcile? For what? Is that how politicians reconcile?

If you know you are not guilty then no need for reconciliation except if something is fishy

Ask God if He is guilty for making attempts at reconciliation with man.
Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Congratulate President-elect Tinubu – Peter Obi by helinues: 4:54pm On Mar 02, 2023
grin

Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Congratulate President-elect Tinubu – Peter Obi by amnesty7: 4:55pm On Mar 02, 2023
grin grin grin
Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Congratulate President-elect Tinubu – Peter Obi by limeta(f): 5:06pm On Mar 02, 2023
skedman:

Not the new Nigeria full of Obidient love .
You live in it but still can't feel it
Is the bala blu bulaba, hold on dont die yet
Can you feel it now .
Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Congratulate President-elect Tinubu – Peter Obi by olivegirl(f): 5:09pm On Mar 02, 2023
Agbado republic neither igbo, hausa or yoruba. They are benefactor of this rotten system. Don't buy this idea of sectionalizing event again in Nigeria. They are about to concentrate talking to igbos as if to say it was only igbos that voted. Every tribe voted. So let everyone start telling them it wasn't only igbos that voted. This guy's have studied the system with their weaknesses. Average easterner always wish his or her name to be mentioned all the time. Now let igbos defeat this name calling and educate whoever wanted to bring up igbos voted him, that every tribe voted. This is the fact. I know there is always ukpabia asika, ndi Agbodo republic.
Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Congratulate President-elect Tinubu – Peter Obi by Ofunaofu: 5:16pm On Mar 02, 2023
johnmartus:

It is not arrogance

The process was flawed

INEC told everyone including you that election results at the polling units will be transmitted via the BVAS real time on election day but it didn't happen
At the end of the electoral heist someone was declared winner

It is very wrong

Today, you might be the beneficiary of a flawed process, tomorrow you might be the victim
Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Congratulate President-elect Tinubu – Peter Obi by Almiron: 5:19pm On Mar 02, 2023
Then keep your congratulations, going to court is another futile attempt, accept fate and try again in 2027. The pain is real

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Congratulate President-elect Tinubu – Peter Obi by A4alpha: 5:24pm On Mar 02, 2023
Congratulate ke?? That will amount to abating and supporting crime.
Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Congratulate President-elect Tinubu – Peter Obi by wingmanIII: 5:41pm On Mar 02, 2023
johnmartus:

Don't worry. If you all researched him, you wouldn't have done all this childish dumb rigging esp in rivers state. He is going to court and majority of well meaning Nigerians support him. Impunity should stop in this country.
Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Congratulate President-elect Tinubu – Peter Obi by wingmanIII: 5:47pm On Mar 02, 2023
johnmartus:
Nobody will ask you to contribute. Relax. All peaceful means must be exhausted. We ask for a transparent election, is that too much? Why impose a demented man on Nigerians turning us to a laughing stock in Africa and the world . Tribal bigots!!
Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Congratulate President-elect Tinubu – Peter Obi by Horus(m): 5:51pm On Mar 02, 2023
This was the greatest election rigging in human history
Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Congratulate President-elect Tinubu – Peter Obi by techWriter3: 7:16pm On Mar 02, 2023
Oniyeye
Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Congratulate President-elect Tinubu – Peter Obi by chibrolex(m): 7:32pm On Mar 02, 2023
Na WIKE spoil game for them.How can you explain to a mad man on the street that Tinubu won Peter Obi in Rivers State..kia WIKE.
Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Congratulate President-elect Tinubu – Peter Obi by Faber(m): 8:13pm On Mar 02, 2023
skedman:

How can you congratulate a thief for stealing what belongs to you.

At the bolded, that's pure lies, we still remember Abiola till today

(1) (2) (Reply)

Barau Favoured As The Senate Presidency Is Finally Zoned To The North West / My Take From Oyedepo And Obi Conversation. / South Leaders Threaten to Boycott 2007 Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.