Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,217 members, 7,815,253 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election (2030 Views)

Soyinka: LP Leadership Knew Obi Lost 2023 Polls — But They Want To Force Lies On / Obidients Accuse Mark Essien Of Bias As Polled Results Hint That Obi Lost / 3 Reasons Obi Will Never Be President Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by Sormeh: 7:05pm On Mar 02, 2023
The Seat of Nigeria's presidency is one of the most keenly contested positions in the world. Ambition for such an office requires a lot -- long time planning, strategic alignment and realignment, calculations, north-south consideration and leanings, etc all of which could require more than 10 years.

Peter Obi started his really active presidential scheming six months before the elections which I believe is too hasty and too late. His candidacy is more like a "trend" which is rather an "unplanned" sudden phenomenon that preys on emotions of the gullible. It primarily seeks to exploit the seeming ethno-religious polarity being experienced across the land.

Similarly, rather than build an organic fan base with "real" purpose and substance, Obi-Datti movement maliciously tries to ride on the crest of the aftermath of the fallout of "EndSARS".

As a "sensationalised trend" that Peter Obi's candidacy has been, "Obidient" movement effectively drove the campaign harping on the power of visual graphics and all social media tools possible to hoax and promote his candidature among the young people who do not often think for themselves but are easily driven by any social media trend for that matter. For anyone who tried to reason at all, Obidients never disappointed in using the other tools including coercion, cyber-bullying, curses, intimidation, death-wishes, etc. (This particular reason is why I backed off. If something is really good, you don't have to force it down my throat).

Peter Obi lost because he didn't do his due diligence. He only wanted to get to power riding on the sentiments of ethnicity, religion, and youths' anger with the government.

Peter Obi is a "trend". It is a mere momentary sensation; a mirage. It is unreal. It fizzled out the way other social media trends do.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by Faber(m): 7:06pm On Mar 02, 2023
Go sit down

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by DMCA: 7:07pm On Mar 02, 2023
grin

Muslim Muslim ticket was the only reason why Obi became relevant.

Nothing else. grin

Seized the opportunity to promote his Igbo agenda clearly for all to see.

Not all christians were gullible to buy that shit grin

I am not threatened by Muslim Muslim ticket. Rather, we should have our two eyes open to the IPOB agenda.

Just look at the way Igbos are toxic about this.

Igbos oh! Not Nigerian christians. But just the IGBOs.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by Moh247: 7:08pm On Mar 02, 2023
cool

Moreover Obi had no substance.. he wasn't clever or witty and he was quite dishonest trying to cajole gullibles

Tinubu went to Abeokuta and spoke to delegates honestly... I assisted Buhari, I nominated Osinbajo, fought for Democracy for 40 years of my life, all I ask for is it's my turn... It's the turn of Yoruba

You can't fool anyone in national politics, it's better you keep shut than lie

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by heniford2: 7:11pm On Mar 02, 2023
Peter obi started his campaign when he was ATiku vise he kept gracing interviews and kept talking about Nigeria issues from every corner now with social media that has almost everyone on it which buhari used to win in 2015 that APC refuse to use was his advantage 😂 for your information peter obi won this particular election.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by limeta(f): 7:17pm On Mar 02, 2023
DMCA:
grin

Muslim Muslim ticket was the only reason why Obi became relevant.

Nothing else. grin

Seized the opportunity to promote his Igbo agenda clearly for all to see.

Not all christians were gullible to buy that shit grin

I am not threatened by Muslim Muslim ticket. Rather, we should have our two eyes open to the IPOB agenda.

Just look at the way Igbos are toxic about this.

Igbos oh! Not Nigerian christians. But just the IGBOs.

I am not threatened by Muslim Muslim ticket. Rather, we should have our two eyes open to the Igbos agenda

Abduls sef
Any way what is the igbo,s agenda

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by DMCA: 7:18pm On Mar 02, 2023
limeta:

I am not threatened by Muslim Muslim ticket. Rather, we should have our two eyes open to the

Abduls sef
Any way what is the igbo,s agenda

IP🐽B Agenda

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by baralatie(m): 7:19pm On Mar 02, 2023
Obi lost the election because he underestimated the level of tasks required for him to win a presidential election

There was obi the candidate of the labour party and there was the obidients "trending" on social media

These two were totally different forces and did not reflect what obi needed to win the election.

It was a repeat of the same scenario of maduka in the Anambra gubernatorial election.maduja name was all over the place but election day came and soludo won

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by limeta(f): 7:19pm On Mar 02, 2023
DMCA:

IP🐽B Agenda

Which is ?
Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by waleprice: 7:20pm On Mar 02, 2023
Obi lost because he is a religious and tribal bigot!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by Epistasis(m): 7:22pm On Mar 02, 2023
He lost because of his terrible voice...
An ethnic bigot
Obi-diots can wail for ever!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by Sormeh: 7:22pm On Mar 02, 2023
limeta:

I am not threatened by Muslim Muslim ticket. Rather, we should have our two eyes open to the Igbos agenda

That's quite obvious, honestly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by Sormeh: 7:23pm On Mar 02, 2023
waleprice:
Obi lost because he is a religious and tribal bigot!

His triumph would divide this country further

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by Sormeh: 7:24pm On Mar 02, 2023
baralatie:
Obi lost the election because he underestimated the level of tasks required for him to win a presidential election

There was obi the candidate of the labour party and there was the obidients "trending" on social media

These two were totally different forces and did not reflect what obi needed to win the election.

It was a repeat of the same scenario of maduka in the Anambra gubernatorial election.maduja name was all over the place but election day came and soludo won

Absolutely

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by Sormeh: 7:25pm On Mar 02, 2023
heniford2:
Peter obi started his campaign when he was ATiku vise he kept gracing interviews and kept talking about Nigeria issues from every corner now with social media that has almost everyone on it which buhari used to win in 2015 that APC refuse to use was his advantage 😂 for your information peter obi won this particular election.

Shey on Twitter?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by caylakays: 7:26pm On Mar 02, 2023
You guys are very funny. He didn't lose the election. His mandate was stolen and he will retrieve it.
I dunno y u guys are justifying rigging. Tufia kwa

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by baralatie(m): 7:26pm On Mar 02, 2023
Obi just did not have the required voters base to win
Heck
His votes was more like dividing the votes from the pdp which means it will be less than the votes of the APC

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by DMCA: 7:28pm On Mar 02, 2023
limeta:

Which is ?

🐽🐖🐷🐗🐷🐖🐗🐗🐷🐖🐽🐖🐷🐗🐽🐖😕🐷🐗🐷🐖🐽

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by limeta(f): 7:31pm On Mar 02, 2023
DMCA:

🐽🐖🐷🐗🐷🐖🐗🐗🐷🐖🐽🐖🐷🐗🐽🐖😕🐷🐗🐷🐖🐽

I get it they less human to you
Is a good start to Rwanda style.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by Sormeh: 7:33pm On Mar 02, 2023
caylakays:
You guys are very funny. He didn't lose the election. His mandate was stolen and he will retrieve it.

There were a pocket of irregularities here and there, no doubt but note that no election is perfect anywhere under the sun. Putting this election side-by-side with previous elections in this country, you'll agree it's one of the most credible.

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by limeta(f): 7:33pm On Mar 02, 2023
Sormeh:

That's quite obvious, honestly

Not to me though
Pls explain to me like you should to a child
Am all ears i will be 15 next month

1 Like

Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by DMCA: 7:34pm On Mar 02, 2023
limeta:

I get it they less human to you
Is a good start to Rwanda style.
That is left for Operation Python Dance to decide. cool

1 Like

Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by Sormeh: 7:39pm On Mar 02, 2023
limeta:

Not to me though
Pls explain to me like you should to a child
Am all ears i will be 15 next month

I chose to be modest and careful with the words that I used. I know the implications of careless use of any medium of mass media. Remember I said it is obvious, it's all clear and discernible for all to see and it is rather unfortunate.
Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by Derick1122: 7:49pm On Mar 02, 2023
Peter won the election point of correction.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by Emilokoiyawon: 7:51pm On Mar 02, 2023
caylakays:
You guys are very funny. He didn't lose the election. His mandate was stolen and he will retrieve it. dunno y u guys are justifying rigging. Tufia kwa

Prove it!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by Sormeh: 7:53pm On Mar 02, 2023
Derick1122:
Peter won the election point of correction.
Constitutionally, the winner has been declared. Only the court can decide otherwise not with some unsubstantiated claims and delusion.
Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by guccimilan(m): 7:58pm On Mar 02, 2023
The poster must be high on some strange substance.
Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by stuffs2002: 8:02pm On Mar 02, 2023
caylakays:

Tinubu: 8 years
North: 8 years
SS : 8 years
SW : 8 years

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by limeta(f): 9:18pm On Mar 02, 2023
Sormeh:

I chose to be modest and careful with the words that I used. I know the implications of careless use of any medium of mass media. Remember I said it is obvious, it's all clear and discernible for all to see and it is rather unfortunate.

You were not modest before why now
Are you afraid of a 15 years old

1 Like

Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by Sormeh: 9:19pm On Mar 02, 2023
stuffs2002:

Tinubu: 8 years
SS : 8 years
SW : 8 years

Chairman, SE is missing o grin
Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by Sormeh: 9:26pm On Mar 02, 2023
limeta:

You were not modest before why now
Are you afraid of a 15 years old

You're too young to be bothered with such issues grin
Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by dahmie2013: 9:30pm On Mar 02, 2023
Even if they conduct the elections in heaven, Obi will still lose. Conduct the election 1million times, Obi will lose 1milliion times. Just like Atiku mentioned, you need votes from everywhere to win an election.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Name Allowed By Nairaland To Be On Its Forum / "God Please Use The Tribunal": Tinubu Supporter Already Regrets Voting Him / Simon Ekpa : I Will Only Obey Nnamdi Kanu When He Address Biafrans From Finland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.