Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election (2029 Views)

Soyinka: LP Leadership Knew Obi Lost 2023 Polls — But They Want To Force Lies On / Obidients Accuse Mark Essien Of Bias As Polled Results Hint That Obi Lost / 3 Reasons Obi Will Never Be President Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by IgOga(m): 9:31pm On Mar 02, 2023
grin

In Obi's mind na him be president of Agulu Nigeria grin

1 Like

Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by enemybulldozer(m): 9:49pm On Mar 02, 2023
Uchins can lie for africa Haba. You should be telling us reasons why Tinubu and his cohorts (including INEC chairman) rigged obi out not lying and twisting the narrative. We all know that obi won the 2023 presidential election.
Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by enemybulldozer(m): 9:51pm On Mar 02, 2023
Sormeh:
The Seat of Nigeria's presidency is one of the most keenly contested positions in the world. Ambition for such an office requires a lot -- long time planning, strategic alignment and realignment, calculations, north-south consideration and leanings, etc all of which could require more than 10 years.

Peter Obi started his really active presidential scheming six months before the elections which I believe is too hasty and too late. His candidacy is more like a "trend" which is rather an "unplanned" sudden phenomenon that preys on emotions of the gullible. It primarily seeks to exploit the seeming ethno-religious polarity being experienced across the land.

Similarly, rather than build an organic fan base with "real" purpose and substance, Obi-Datti movement maliciously tries to ride on the crest of the aftermath of the fallout of "EndSARS".

As a "sensationalised trend" that Peter Obi's candidacy has been, "Obidient" movement effectively drove the campaign harping on the power of visual graphics and all social media tools possible to hoax and promote his candidature among the young people who do not often think for themselves but are easily driven by any social media trend for that matter. For anyone who tried to reason at all, Obidients never disappointed in using the other tools including coercion, cyber-bullying, curses, intimidation, death-wishes, etc. (This particular reason is why I backed off. If something is really good, you don't have to force it down my throat).

Peter Obi lost because he didn't do his due diligence. He only wanted to get to power riding on the sentiments of ethnicity, religion, and youths' anger with the government.

Peter Obi is a "trend". It is a mere momentary sensation; a mirage. It is unreal. It fizzled out the way other social media trends do.
obi was rigged out uchins should learn how to say the truth haba.
Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by stuffs2002: 9:57pm On Mar 02, 2023
Sormeh:

Chairman, SE is missing o grin

Lol... Na the plan be that..

We go make sure say dem no smell presidency and we no go give them BIAFLA grin

1 Like

Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by limeta(f): 10:05pm On Mar 02, 2023
Sormeh:

You're too young to be bothered with such issues grin

Bring it on wimp
Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by techWriter3: 12:11am On Mar 03, 2023
politician lost because he bomb a religious and tribal hater!
Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by Kennyprince: 12:45am On Mar 03, 2023
Obi lost cos of rigging thats all. Any other thing u say here wont hold water
Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by adeleke691: 6:19am On Mar 03, 2023
You guys are very funny. He didn't lose the election. His mandate was stolen and he will retrieve it.I dunno y u guys are justifying rigging. Tufia kwaYou guys are very funny. He didn't lose the election. His mandate was stolen and he will retrieve it.I dunno y u guys are justifying rigging. Tufia kwa...
Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by Sormeh: 4:02pm On Mar 03, 2023
limeta:

Bring it on wimp

Don't get worked up, kid. I detest engaging in constructive, intelligent argument with people who lack basic logical reasoning. To think I was even being lenient with you as a hapless young woman. Me sef, I should know better.
Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by Sormeh: 4:16pm On Mar 03, 2023
grin
dahmie2013:
Even if they conduct the elections in heaven, Obi will still lose. Conduct the election 1million times, Obi will lose 1milliion times. Just like Atiku mentioned, you need votes from everywhere to win an election.

Are most of our youths actually mentally lazy to decipher striking reality from sheer delusion or are they intentionally acting fool!sh? I don't get.

The truth is, Obi lacks virtually all the ingredients required to
(1) win an election of this magnitude
(2) run a government of national unity
(3) lead the country out of the present economic quagmire
At least his glaring dispositions and antecedents lend credence to these facts.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by Omowale2023(m): 4:27pm On Mar 03, 2023
Sormeh:
The Seat of Nigeria's presidency is one of the most keenly contested positions in the world. Ambition for such an office requires a lot -- long time planning, strategic alignment and realignment, calculations, north-south consideration and leanings, etc all of which could require more than 10 years.

Peter Obi started his really active presidential scheming six months before the elections which I believe is too hasty and too late. His candidacy is more like a "trend" which is rather an "unplanned" sudden phenomenon that preys on emotions of the gullible. It primarily seeks to exploit the seeming ethno-religious polarity being experienced across the land.

Similarly, rather than build an organic fan base with "real" purpose and substance, Obi-Datti movement maliciously tries to ride on the crest of the aftermath of the fallout of "EndSARS".

As a "sensationalised trend" that Peter Obi's candidacy has been, "Obidient" movement effectively drove the campaign harping on the power of visual graphics and all social media tools possible to hoax and promote his candidature among the young people who do not often think for themselves but are easily driven by any social media trend for that matter. For anyone who tried to reason at all, Obidients never disappointed in using the other tools including coercion, cyber-bullying, curses, intimidation, death-wishes, etc. (This particular reason is why I backed off. If something is really good, you don't have to force it down my throat).

Peter Obi lost because he didn't do his due diligence. He only wanted to get to power riding on the sentiments of ethnicity, religion, and youths' anger with the government.

Peter Obi is a "trend". It is a mere momentary sensation; a mirage. It is unreal. It fizzled out the way other social media trends do.
Your assertions are very wrong.
1+1=2
2-0=2
We must not all follow the same thing and expect a different result. The world knows its time for the south, PDP removed themselves from the equation long before the main elections started. There's no way the south would vote for Atiku even if Obi wasn't in the picture. So your assertions are mere fallacies which holds no water. Obi won Lagos without a structure and Atiku with all the "structure(s)" couldn't even get 10% of the total votes cast in Lagos. So whose fault is that? Atiku or Atiku. I leave that for you to answer.

Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by limeta(f): 5:44pm On Mar 03, 2023
Sormeh:

Don't get worked up, kid. I detest engaging in constructive, intelligent argument with people who lack basic logical reasoning. To think I was even being lenient with you as a hapless young woman. Me sef, I should know better.

You full of shit
Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by Sormeh: 5:57pm On Mar 03, 2023
limeta:

You full of shit

Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by Sormeh: 6:01pm On Mar 03, 2023
Omowale2023:

Your assertions are very wrong.
1+1=2
2-0=2
We must not all follow the same thing and expect a different result. The world knows its time for the south, PDP removed themselves from the equation long before the main elections started. There's no way the south would vote for Atiku even if Obi wasn't in the picture. So your assertions are mere fallacies which holds no water. Obi won Lagos without a structure and Atiku with all the "structure(s)" couldn't even get 10% of the total votes cast in Lagos. So whose fault is that? Atiku or Atiku. I leave that for you to answer.

Can you guys please engage in constructive discourse devoid of sentiments? I mean address real issues.
Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by famology(m): 6:30pm On Mar 03, 2023
stuffs2002:

Tinubu: 8 years
North: 8 years
SS : 8 years
North: 8 years
SW : 8 years

Hahahahahahahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by famology(m): 6:32pm On Mar 03, 2023
Obi's campaign was pure religious. You can't be president in that way. The north flogged him mercilessly.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by udeh3(m): 6:41pm On Mar 03, 2023
How some persons reason surprises me... Some said, just five persons in a room twitting, others said he started late...

Remove the rigging and see the results. With all the reasons the ops stated, Obi won 12 states like the two major political parties. AC first presidential shot didn't even get upto 3m, the second time wasn't upto 4m. Is it PMB or Atiku? They said Obi had no structure, yet won key states like Lagos and Abuja. Infact, in Abuja, none of the two major parties got the 25% votes

Obi is now a tsunami. A political philosopher many will start studying

Just wait till the court case ends... Don't forget, he was the first to challenge a governorship election. He was also the first to get the court to interpret the tenure of Governor who got his mandate via the court. Like Fayose said, Obi is very smart and intelligent. All Politician must rally round him to succeed due to his movement

Obi is the real political genius... Ask KWANKWASO
Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by limeta(f): 6:43pm On Mar 03, 2023
[quote author=Sormeh post=121444349][/quote]

Show respect to your bosses daughter
Sokoto for life
Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by Sormeh: 7:11pm On Mar 03, 2023
limeta:

Show respect to your bosses daughter
Sokoto for life

Where are you based in Sokoto sef?
Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by limeta(f): 10:18pm On Mar 03, 2023
Sormeh:

Where are you based in Sokoto sef?

Why
Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by OmegaAutos: 10:36pm On Mar 03, 2023
Sormeh:

Shey on Twitter?

Haba.... Not only Twitter, he won on all social media platforms

1 Like

Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by Sormeh: 10:20am On Mar 04, 2023
OmegaAutos:

Haba.... Not only Twitter, he won on all social media platforms

Oh, na true o.
Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by Sormeh: 10:23am On Mar 04, 2023
limeta:

Why

I fit come check out the abusive fine girl after Tinubu's governance must have transformed her life positively
Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by jogojogo: 10:27am On Mar 04, 2023
Sormeh:

Peter Obi lost because he didn't do his due diligence. He only wanted to get to power riding on the sentiments of ethnicity, religion, and youths' anger with government.

On spot!!!
Only the senseless gullible fall for the scam and hype

1 Like

Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by yaki84: 11:02am On Mar 04, 2023
baralatie:
Obi just did not have the required voters base to win
Heck
His votes was more like dividing the votes from the pdp which means it will be less than the votes of the APC
No matter how u loud this point, the obidients will never agree.

This is the cruc of the matter.

We had 10m new registered voters, out of these numbers 3-4million registered cause of Obi.
Out of the the 3-4million, less than 2million went out to vote on election day.

The votes he got outside these 2million new voters were predominantly PDP votes.

I knew what the outcome will be, i travelled from calabar to Uyo even with the cash crunch to vote Atiku...

I dont give a Bleep and will never give a Bleep to who doesnt like my stance.

This election was the freest except of what happened in Rivers and Imo states where Apc benefitted in one and LP benefitted in the other.
Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by limeta(f): 10:05pm On Mar 04, 2023
Sormeh:

I fit come check out the abusive fine girl after Tinubu's governance must have transformed her life positively

Come then i will tell them you the one
The person that made me started questioning islam.
Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by NothingDoMe: 10:23pm On Mar 04, 2023
Sormeh:

Rigging is 90% of elections in Nigeria.
Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by Epistasis(m): 10:29pm On Mar 04, 2023
udeh3:
How some persons reason surprises me... Some said, just five persons in a room twitting, others said he started late...

Remove the rigging and see the results. With all the reasons the ops stated, Obi won 12 states like the two major political parties. AC first presidential shot didn't even get upto 3m, the second time wasn't upto 4m. Is it PMB or Atiku? They said Obi had no structure, yet won key states like Lagos and Abuja. Infact, in Abuja, none of the two major parties got the 25% votes

Obi is now a tsunami. A political philosopher many will start studying

Just wait till the court case ends... Don't forget, he was the first to challenge a governorship election. He was also the first to get the court to interpret the tenure of Governor who got his mandate via the court. Like Fayose said, Obi is very smart and intelligent. All Politician must rally round him to succeed due to his movement

Obi is the real political genius... Ask KWANKWASO
Tsunami ko, Konami ni...even if he contest 10 times, he won't win. Ibo can't be a president in Nigeria, never. In Biafra, may be!
Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by udeh3(m): 11:30pm On Mar 04, 2023
O
Epistasis:

Tsunami ko, Konami ni...even if he contest 10 times, he won't win. Ibo can't be a president in Nigeria, never. In Biafra, may be!

I don't engage in tribal or political bigotry.

Good luck with your Yoruba sentiment and see whether you can use it to buy things in the market

You need education
Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by udeh3(m): 11:43pm On Mar 04, 2023
Epistasis:

Good luck with your Yoruba sentiment and see whether you can use it to buy things in the market

You need education
Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by Epistasis(m): 5:30am On Mar 05, 2023
udeh3:
O

You need education

E pain you ooooooo.
After Asiwaju's eight years, the presidency return to the north....onye Dot!
Re: Reasons Obi Lost The 2023 Presidential Election by Omowale2023(m): 9:15am On Mar 05, 2023
Sormeh:

Can you guys please engage in constructive discourse devoid of sentiments? I mean address real issues.
That's the real issue, Atiku can't win the elections.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sanwo Olu Releases All Impounded Vehicles For Free. / My Observation On Northern Senators Rejecting Tinubu's War / Simon Ekpa Accused Nigeria Air Force Of Missing Targets And Bombing Palm Trees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.