Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,901 members, 7,810,461 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Soyinka: LP Leadership Knew Obi Lost 2023 Polls — But They Want To Force Lies On - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: LP Leadership Knew Obi Lost 2023 Polls — But They Want To Force Lies On (35129 Views)

Obidients Accuse Mark Essien Of Bias As Polled Results Hint That Obi Lost / Young Boy Commits Suicide Over Peter Obi’s Lost / Abubakar Atiku Has Lost 2023 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soyinka: LP Leadership Knew Obi Lost 2023 Polls — But They Want To Force Lies On by tinsel: 9:30pm On Sep 13, 2023
Wole Soyinka, the Nobel laureate, says the leadership of the Labour Party (LP) knew that Peter Obi, the presidential candidate, lost the February 25 election.

Soyinka accused the leadership of the opposition party of trying to force “a lie” on Nigerians, especially youths, that Obi won the election.

The Nobel laureate spoke at an event titled “The Lives of Wole Soyinka — A Dialogue” organised by Africa in the World.

The event took place on Wednesday in Stellenbosch, South Africa.

While speaking at the event, Soyinka was asked to react to his comment against Datti Baba-Ahmed, LP vice-presidential candidate, after the general election.

Soyinka said the truth matters to him, noting that many people always look for shortcuts.

The Nobel laureate said he was armed with facts when he invaded a radio station in Ibadan in 1965.

He added that he was not relying on “third-hand information” about the result of the 1965 regional election.

Soyinka accused the LP of taking over the organised labour movement in the build-up to the 2023 election.

He noted that Obi achieved “something remarkable” by breaking the monopoly of power established by the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

This recent election – two things happened first of all. One party took over the labour movement, which is not my favourite movement, and then it became a regional party,” he said.

Whereas it was a marvellous breach into the established two camps. Peter Obi achieved something remarkable there, that he broke that mould. However, he did not win the election.

“I can say categorically that Peter Obi’s party came third not even second and the leadership knew it but they want to do what we call in Yoruba ‘gbajue’, that is force of lies.

Soyinka also alleged that the LP leadership attempted to mobilise young people to protest against the outcome of the election on the “banner of lies and deceit”.

They were going to send some of the hardliners, proud young people into the street to demonstrate,” he said.

“I’m also ready to be among such demonstrators but only on the banner of truth not on lies, and deceit.

“This party wanted the same thing (referring to 2011 post-election violence) to happen on the basis of a lie and we find this vice-presidential candidate on television boasting, insisting, threatening and trying to intimidate both the judiciary and the rest.

“What kind of government will result from that kind of conduct? In addition, they did not know this but they were being used.

“Before the election, there were certain clandestine forces, including some ex-generals, who were already calling for an interim government before the elections began.

“Some of them were known figures, including a proprietor of a university calling for an interim government before the election took place.”

In March, Soyinka and LP were at loggerheads over comments made by Baba-Ahmed on the outcome of the presidential election.

On March 22, Baba-Ahmed, in an interview with Channels TV, said the country has no president-elect despite the declaration of Bola Tinubu, flagbearer of the All Progressives Congress (APC), as the winner of the election by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

Baba-Ahmed said Tinubu should not be sworn in as president because he “did not meet requirements of the law”.

Reacting to the comment, Soyinka said the LP vice-presidential candidate’s words contained “fascistic language” and that has “never heard anyone threaten the judiciary on television the way Datti did”.

https://www.thecable.ng/soyinka-lp-leadership-knew-obi-lost-2023-polls-but-they-want-to-force-lies-on-nigerians/amp

245 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Soyinka: LP Leadership Knew Obi Lost 2023 Polls — But They Want To Force Lies On by Feintline: 9:31pm On Sep 13, 2023
I don't believe baba soyinka will say a thing as this. But if he really did, then I am ashamed on his behalf.
I am ashamed of what erudite elders have become in the clear face of fraud, crime and desecrating of the ancient landmark of a nation because of a fraudulent personality.

The crime dean has been busted.
The chicago certificate he submitted to inec is a fake. The school has denied it.
Erudite papa soyinka did not find it disgraceful.

You cannot hide pregnancy for too long.
Tinubu is a disgrace to the yoruba race worldwide.

The likes of revered father, pa Awolowo who paved the way and stood for sanity will be twisting and turning in his grave at what tinubu has reduced and turned yoruba elders to.

418 Likes 63 Shares

Re: Soyinka: LP Leadership Knew Obi Lost 2023 Polls — But They Want To Force Lies On by inoki247: 9:33pm On Sep 13, 2023
Lol we av asked them severally to gives the court dere winning numbers which dere Polling Agent send to Dem buh na Back nd forth we jus dey see.....

Since you guys av Polling Agent in all the unit sum up the score and tender it at the court with evidence let the world see it no buh dey are jus shouting Stolen Mandate...

308 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Soyinka: LP Leadership Knew Obi Lost 2023 Polls — But They Want To Force Lies On by Isobug: 9:36pm On Sep 13, 2023
You think we have forgotten what you said about Buhari. You foist him on us and later begin to to talk bad about him. You have started again.

I don't think Soyinka actually said this though. Trust no media house

197 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Soyinka: LP Leadership Knew Obi Lost 2023 Polls — But They Want To Force Lies On by Sharpsharp00123: 9:42pm On Sep 13, 2023
This recent election – two things happened first of all. One party took over the labour movement, which is not my favourite movement, and then it became a regional party,” he said.

This is my favorite, the igbos turned d Labour Party to a regional party sotey an Igbo man is made to lead a party in faraway sokoto

174 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Soyinka: LP Leadership Knew Obi Lost 2023 Polls — But They Want To Force Lies On by TemplarLandry: 9:43pm On Sep 13, 2023
grin

126 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Soyinka: LP Leadership Knew Obi Lost 2023 Polls — But They Want To Force Lies On by Felimax(m): 9:45pm On Sep 13, 2023
I will only just laugh!
I have said enough today. Some people nor just get sense and if sixteen years of APC nor teach them sense nothing will.

Soyinka has confirm what I have been saying since morning.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka: LP Leadership Knew Obi Lost 2023 Polls — But They Want To Force Lies On by N2B2: 9:46pm On Sep 13, 2023
TemplarLandry:
grin

The trolls have already gathered.

Soyinka accused the LP of taking over the organised labour movement in the build-up to the 2023 election.

“I can say categorically that Peter Obi’s party came third not even second and the leadership knew it but they want to do what we call in Yoruba ‘gbajue’, that is force of lies.”

I hope this man is getting paid for his incoherent utterances, else one could only conclude he's lost his mind.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soyinka: LP Leadership Knew Obi Lost 2023 Polls — But They Want To Force Lies On by NwaNimo1(m): 9:46pm On Sep 13, 2023
Wholly....

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soyinka: LP Leadership Knew Obi Lost 2023 Polls — But They Want To Force Lies On by Sharpsharp00123: 9:47pm On Sep 13, 2023
Feintline:
I don't believe baba soyinka will say a thing as this. But if he really, then I am ashamed of what erudite elders have become in the fraud, crime and desecrating of the ancient landmark of a nation because of a fraudulent personality.

The crime dean has been busted.
The chicago certificate he submitted to inec is a fake. The school has denied it.
Erudite papa soyinka did not find it disgraceful.

You cannot hide pregnancy for too long.
Tinubu is a disgrace to the yoruba race worldwide.

The likes of revered father pa Awolowo will twisting and turning in his grave at what the tinubu has Yoruba elders to.
a

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: LP Leadership Knew Obi Lost 2023 Polls — But They Want To Force Lies On by WhiteNRed: 9:52pm On Sep 13, 2023
It is APC members that are fabricating all these nonseses in to order fist the LP and its learned followers against some certain individuals.
But it is their illiterate followers they deceive.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soyinka: LP Leadership Knew Obi Lost 2023 Polls — But They Want To Force Lies On by spako4(m): 9:53pm On Sep 13, 2023
The truth is bitter

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka: LP Leadership Knew Obi Lost 2023 Polls — But They Want To Force Lies On by DaddyJapan(m): 9:54pm On Sep 13, 2023
Baba Soyinka has intervened once more because he knows the man dies in him who keeps silent in the face of tyranny. In this instance we have a mob that is bereft of reason and restraint but determined to foist on our nation, unimaginable discord and despair.

Baba knows all to well that nature abhors a vacuum and that, if the elders sit idle for far too long, the brigandage and loons will occupy centre stage. Baba sees the determined effort to usher in a season of anomy cool

The elder sees things from afar things kiddies would not recognise in a selfie.

64 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Soyinka: LP Leadership Knew Obi Lost 2023 Polls — But They Want To Force Lies On by LegendHero(m): 9:56pm On Sep 13, 2023
God bless Professor Wole Soyinka, the only Nigerian with a Nobel Lauerate.

Those Elupeee clowns know clearly that they lost the election and that was why rather than being fixated on proving to INEC how they won, they instead focused on Tinubu person using their online mob.

Bitter Obi can never be Nigeria president. The clown came third in a national election just like his ancestor Azikiwe who can third on both occasions he ran on a national ballot.

We know who can be president and when it is time, we will vote either Soludo or Umahi. Anybody besides those 2 will always carry third.

197 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Soyinka: LP Leadership Knew Obi Lost 2023 Polls — But They Want To Force Lies On by Grundig: 9:56pm On Sep 13, 2023
Na
Wole Spyinka didn'take these comments.

I could tell from the first sentence.

Next

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka: LP Leadership Knew Obi Lost 2023 Polls — But They Want To Force Lies On by Christane: 9:56pm On Sep 13, 2023
Truth be told ..am not a fan of Peter obi ..am more of a atiku supporter..but Peter obi won dat election ...tinubu rigged d election and became president.. so Soyinka should forget all dis rubbish is saying ...even he knows dat obi won d election.... the world knows d truth ...him speaking dat tinubu won d election make him sound stupid for someone of is calibre ...

Sometime is good to keep mute
Dan speaking and exposing yourself to d world dat u re not as intelligent as people think

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Soyinka: LP Leadership Knew Obi Lost 2023 Polls — But They Want To Force Lies On by iamtardey: 9:57pm On Sep 13, 2023
Wise words from a wise man of course

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: LP Leadership Knew Obi Lost 2023 Polls — But They Want To Force Lies On by chucks185: 9:57pm On Sep 13, 2023
a man without integrity

24 Likes

Re: Soyinka: LP Leadership Knew Obi Lost 2023 Polls — But They Want To Force Lies On by Tayorshd87: 9:57pm On Sep 13, 2023
He will still loose again in the upcoming next election after jagabam first tenure

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka: LP Leadership Knew Obi Lost 2023 Polls — But They Want To Force Lies On by XtraFortunes: 9:58pm On Sep 13, 2023
This useless professor again angry

All the political violence that happened during the election, this man said nothing it was normal to him

But after election rigging he started talking fascist rubbish

He wanted to debate VP Ahmed Datti and all that bullshit

Maybe he has gotten another alert from Tilumbu the drug sniffing vagabond in Arse hole rock and so he has come out again to work for his money.

Soyinka is such a disgrace

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soyinka: LP Leadership Knew Obi Lost 2023 Polls — But They Want To Force Lies On by Beremx(f): 9:58pm On Sep 13, 2023
Wole Soyinka get ready to be dragged again. Seems you want to join the likes of Reno Omokri to insult Peter Obi.

Old man be careful and respect your age

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soyinka: LP Leadership Knew Obi Lost 2023 Polls — But They Want To Force Lies On by forthrightt: 9:58pm On Sep 13, 2023
Ofc they know.
How possible is it for a man who came in 3rd wanting to claim 1st position.
He's riding on the emotion of his followers to drive his unattainable wish of becoming president

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soyinka: LP Leadership Knew Obi Lost 2023 Polls — But They Want To Force Lies On by Scream(m): 9:58pm On Sep 13, 2023
I remember when Gani Fawehinmi was pursuing the case against the supposed winner of the election, this old man was amongst the ethnic jingoistic activists that ensured that the case died.

17 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Riot In Kirikiri Medium Prison / Garba Shehu Behind The Story That Alleged Magu Gave Osinbajo N4b: SaharaReporter / Lai Mohammed Mocks APC Party Leaders, Calls Them Jesters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.