Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,141 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Why Did The South West Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did The South West Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? (1890 Views)

Which States Will Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? / Incorporate Our Interest Or Lose Bloc Votes – Herdsmen To Atiku, Tinubu, Obi / APC Targets North’s Bloc Votes, PDP Rules Out South West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did The South West Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? by senatordave1(m): 2:05pm On Mar 03, 2023
Before the polls,I projected that tinubu will get bloc votes from sw because the sw usually gives her sons bloc votes from awo to abiola to falae and obj.I calculated that 55%-60% of sw and 35% of the north will be ok.again,pdp and lp were sharing from same vote pool meaning they will divide their usual 45%.after sometime,I feared tinubu might not get bloc votes due to the sophistication of the sw,influx of settlers,civility mm ticket,civility.although he lost osun and Lagos,the remaining 4 states pushed him to victory.I wonder why...

Cc mynd44
Seun
Obinoscopy
Nplfmod
Legendhero
Kyase
Indispensable
Parachoko
Pakute
Raumdeuter
Pasdingshot
Beremx
Obembet
Cajal
Muykem
Seunmsg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did The South West Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? by Ttalk: 2:06pm On Mar 03, 2023
Because he is better

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did The South West Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? by Iamgrey5(m): 2:07pm On Mar 03, 2023
South west can't give bloc votes in any election.

It's normal for people to think independently.

If no Northerner voted for Tinubu as well, he won't be the president elect today.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did The South West Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? by Barrywilly(m): 2:11pm On Mar 03, 2023
The reason is found in the Yoruba proverb that: omo eni ko ni se idi bebere... ". Ours is ours. Secondly, we are aware of the antics of the Igbos and their bigotry that the only way out is to give him mass votes. Thirdly, the Yorubas are not religiously sentimental. We don't really care about the religious beliefs of individuals and we always respect them. Lastly, it was because Awa Lokan cheesy.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did The South West Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? by NothingDoMe: 2:11pm On Mar 03, 2023
No block votes was given. APC rigged it to make it look that way. A lot of my Yoruba friends get angry when I say that they gave Tinubu block votes. Like really really angry.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did The South West Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? by Sammy07: 2:13pm On Mar 03, 2023
Iamgrey5:
South west can't give bloc votes in any election.

It's normal for people to think independently.

If no Northerner voted for Tinubu, he won't be the president elect today.

Gbam.

BTW bro.
Make you guys vote for gsm over there on 11th πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯

1 Like

Re: Why Did The South West Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? by Obaaderemi2: 2:14pm On Mar 03, 2023
Because most of us recognize his administrative skills and he is also one of us. wink

At least he is the best of the three top candidates.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did The South West Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? by Iamgrey5(m): 2:14pm On Mar 03, 2023
Sammy07:

Gbam.

BTW bro.
Make you guys vote for gsm over there on 11th πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯
GSM is likely to win but......

It will be tight.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did The South West Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? by Sammy07: 2:14pm On Mar 03, 2023
senatordave1:
Before the polls,I projected that tinubu will get bloc votes from sw because the sw usually gives her sons bloc votes from awo to abiola to falae and obj.I calculated that 55%-60% of sw and 35% of the north will be ok.again,pdp and lp were sharing from same vote pool meaning they will divide their usual 45%.after sometime,I feared tinubu might not get bloc votes due to the sophistication of the sw,influx of settlers,civility mm ticket,civility.although he lost osun and Lagos,the remaining 4 states pushed him to victory.I wonder why...

If the economy, m - m ticket and fuel scarcity and party ain't against him

He'll get more than that

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did The South West Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? by Parachoko: 2:15pm On Mar 03, 2023
senatordave1:

Cc mynd44
Seun
Obinoscopy
Nplfmod
Legendhero
Kyase
Indispensable
Parachoko
Pakute
Raumdeuter
Pasdingshot
Beremx
Obembet
Cajal
Muykem
Seunmsg
Ekiti and Ondo really tried for Asiwaju. Ondo and Ekiti gave him more than 60% each.

The cashless policy made some Asiwaju supporters in my area to stay indoor

Some people dey vex seriously because of the cashless policy cause dem dey see shege for Emefiele hand

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did The South West Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? by senatordave1(m): 2:15pm On Mar 03, 2023
Sammy07:

If the economy, m - m ticket and fuel scarcity and party ain't against him

He'll get more than that

Hmm

1 Like

Re: Why Did The South West Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? by Iamgrey5(m): 2:15pm On Mar 03, 2023
NothingDoMe:
No block votes was given. APC rigged it to make it look that way. A lot of my Yoruba friends get angry when I say that they gave Tinubu block votes. Like really really angry.
You have no idea of what you talking about.

The whole of Ibadan was in a joyful mood on Wednesday morning.

You people should stop pushing false narrative.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did The South West Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? by Sammy07: 2:16pm On Mar 03, 2023
Iamgrey5:
GSM is likely to win but......

It will be tight.

Yeah, was in IB yesterday self and was asking locals some questions.

I was told only his works can save him

And tho pensioners and state workers will vote massively for him

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The South West Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? by famouscargo4u: 2:16pm On Mar 03, 2023
NothingDoMe:

See you. If not for the redesignee Naira notes and fuel saga, he would have gotten at least 70-80% of the votes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did The South West Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? by Iamgrey5(m): 2:16pm On Mar 03, 2023
Sammy07:

Yeah, was in IB yesterday self and was asking locals some questions.

I was told only his works can save him
Yes, maybe

Let's hope he wins.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The South West Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? by loffyloffy: 2:17pm On Mar 03, 2023
Same reason SE gave PO their bloc vote

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The South West Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? by Sammy07: 2:18pm On Mar 03, 2023
Parachoko:
Ekiti and Ondo really tried for Asiwaju. Ondo and Ekiti gave him more than 60% each.

Some people dey vex seriously because of the cashless policy cause dem dey see shege for Emefiele hand

Tell the Mor....ons saying Yoruba Christians up and down over here on NL

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did The South West Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? by NothingDoMe: 2:18pm On Mar 03, 2023
Iamgrey5:

Ibadan is the whole SW? That's okay.

1 Like

Re: Why Did The South West Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? by senatordave1(m): 2:18pm On Mar 03, 2023
Parachoko:

Ondo over tried but I gave ekiti 75%.atiku shouldn't be getting 25% here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did The South West Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? by NothingDoMe: 2:19pm On Mar 03, 2023
famouscargo4u:

See you. If not for the redesignee Naira notes and fuel saga, he would have gotten at least 70-80% of the votes.
Lol. Right.
Re: Why Did The South West Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? by Sammy07: 2:19pm On Mar 03, 2023
NothingDoMe:
Ibadan is the whole SW? That's okay.

We're in good mood over here in Ondo

4 Likes

Re: Why Did The South West Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? by NothingDoMe: 2:20pm On Mar 03, 2023
Sammy07:

We're in good mood over here in Ondo
Lol. Okay I take your word for it. πŸ˜„
Re: Why Did The South West Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? by tamdun: 2:21pm On Mar 03, 2023
He lost Lagos and osun

1 Like

Re: Why Did The South West Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? by tamdun: 2:22pm On Mar 03, 2023
Iamgrey5:

They believe Nigeria startband end in South East where they are still mourning

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did The South West Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:22pm On Mar 03, 2023
Which south west gave Tinubu bloc vote

Majority were obidient even those threatened with their jobs still voted Obi

One thing that this election has shown is that Tinubu is no jagaban, he is jagajaga, he has been escaping justice but one day, monkey go go market, e no go return!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The South West Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? by denko(m): 2:23pm On Mar 03, 2023
But it was yoruba muslim that said they will not vote a christian presidential candidate.
Barrywilly:
The reason is found in the Yoruba proverb that: omo eni ko ni se idi bebere... ". Ours is ours. Secondly, we are aware of the antics of the Igbos and their bigotry that the only way out is to give him mass votes. Thirdly, the Yorubas are not religiously sentimental. We don't really care about the religious beliefs of individuals and we always respect them. Lastly, it was because Awa Lokan cheesy.
Re: Why Did The South West Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? by Sammy07: 2:24pm On Mar 03, 2023
Wiseandtrue:
Which south west gave Tinubu bloc vote

Majority were obidient even those threatened with their jobs still voted Obi

One thing that this election has shown is that Tinubu is no jagaban, he is jagajaga, he has been escaping justice but one day, monkey go go market, e no go return!!!

No, one thing that this election has shown is that South West ain't tribalist

3 Likes

Re: Why Did The South West Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? by Pleasant01: 2:25pm On Mar 03, 2023
Because awa lolan grin ....why you giving other states special recognition and not Oyo state sad

3 Likes

Re: Why Did The South West Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? by Parachoko: 2:25pm On Mar 03, 2023
Sammy07:

Tell the Mor....ons saying Yoruba Christians up and down over here on NL
The result from Ondo and Ekiti really shocked Obi supporters grin

Obi supporters were so shock because Christians totally dominate the two states, so they do not understand what was happening grin

Nah the way dey start to dey curse Ekiti people com funny pass 🀣🀣🀣

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did The South West Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:25pm On Mar 03, 2023
Sammy07:

No, one thing that this election has shown is that South West ain't tribalist
No tribe is tribalistic, it's a few bad eggs amongst us that is promoting such for their own selfish advantage!!!

I repeat Nigerians voted massively for Peter Obi and the few of you cannot change that fact

We voted for Obi because we all realized that our previous leaders don't mean well for us!!!

I mean we all lived in Nigeria where terrorism flourished under them, we all know the price of food stuff and livestock because we all patronize the same market! Don't forget we all buy fuel, gas, kerosene from the same filling station

We have all these things in excess yet the people are suffering

This election was rigged, it was not given. This you can take to the bank!!!
Re: Why Did The South West Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? by Sammy07: 2:27pm On Mar 03, 2023
denko:
But it was yoruba muslim that said they will not vote a christian presidential candidate.

Muric is only know on social Media.

Conduct a street poll in Osogbo, Ibadan,Ado, akure, ikeja, Abeokuta, sample 100 people. I'm sure in about 50. Probably only 1 person would have heard of him. And its 50/50 self

1 Like

Re: Why Did The South West Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? by otipoju(m): 2:27pm On Mar 03, 2023
NothingDoMe:

On the contrary, the older generation of 50 above voted massively for Tinubu. Thier tribalism made them reject the Omoluwabi ethos.

They voted for an indicted and confirmed drug dealer, they voted for a leader of an army of organised violent thugs that have oppressed, harassed and extorted struggling market women and transport workers three times daily for the last twenty three years.

They voted for a man who collects 10% of the tax revenue collected from all Lagos residents and business. They voted for a man who converts State owned properties into his own use and who inspite of all the money and government properties that he has cornered,still allocated to himself stupendous retirement benefits that baffle the mind.

Well an action can be legal right but extremely morally wrong.

They deliberately voted for a man that we don't know his parents, state of origin, primary and secondary schools attended, and real work history to be President all because he is Yoruba.

They voted for the true definition of corruption in flesh and blood. I feel ashamed for my people and I will never look at our elders with any respect again. They have become like dogs barking to me.

One of my regular beggers voted Tinubu and called me to stylishly send money to him today. I gave him a piece of my mind...and gave him lamba that I can't transfer because server dey down

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Important And Mysterious Things You Don't Know About Imo State LP Guber Candidat / Tinubu Orders DESTRUCTION Of Ship Caught With Stolen Oil / Did Murtala Truly Commit A Massacre In Asaba ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.