Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,710 members, 7,813,347 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Lagos Guber: Pressure Mounts On Jandor To Step Down For Rhodes-vivour - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Guber: Pressure Mounts On Jandor To Step Down For Rhodes-vivour (4244 Views)

5,000 Supporters Of Lagos PDP Gov Candidate, Jandor To Join APC On Thursday / Pressure Mounts On APC To Disqualify Obaseki From Guber Race - Thisday Newspaper / Pressure Mounts On Apostle Suleman & Sheikh Gumi To Contest 2023 Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Guber: Pressure Mounts On Jandor To Step Down For Rhodes-vivour by bennybuhari: 10:47am On Mar 04, 2023
By Temidayo Akinsuyi

There is increased pressure on Olajide Adediran popularly known as Jandor, the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to step down ahead of next week's governorship election in Lagos state.

Credible sources informed DAILY INDEPENDENT that some leaders in Lagos, led by Afenifere national leader, Chief Ayo Adebanjo are in talks with Jandor to forge an alliance with Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour, the governorship candidate of the Labour Party (LP).

The leaders believed that given the LP's outstanding performance in the February 25 presidential election where its candidate Peter Obi defeated Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential flagbearer in his home-base, an alliance with the PDP will make it easier to defeat Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu who is seeking reelection for a second term in office.

Another source said recent developments has shown that the LP has dislodged the PDP as the major opposition party in Lagos state, hence the need to field Rhodes-Vivour as the governorship candidate while Jandor steps down.

He also added that while Rhodes-Vivour's campaign has been gathering momentum across the state, that cannot be said about Jandor and his running mate, Nollywood actress, Funke Akindele, popularly known as Jenifa.

When contacted by our correspondent, Jandor declined to comment on whether he met anyone for an alliance with the LP.

However, Rhodes-Vivour has confirmed that he is discussing with the leadership of the PDP in Lagos State in order to forge a common front against the APC in the governorship election.

“We are talking to the owner of the structure of PDP. In the coming days, we will align with them to ensure that we take Lagos to the next level. People that are behind this movement are not moved by money; they are voting for hope, moved by the hope of a new Lagos and they are going to come out more than before".

https://independent.ng/lagos-guber-pressure-mounts-on-jandor-to-step-down-for-rhodes-vivour/

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Guber: Pressure Mounts On Jandor To Step Down For Rhodes-vivour by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 04, 2023
Why should he step down for him?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Guber: Pressure Mounts On Jandor To Step Down For Rhodes-vivour by Houseontherock1: 10:50am On Mar 04, 2023
Step down indeed

But seriously, this Chinedu Rhodes-Vivor looks stoned

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Guber: Pressure Mounts On Jandor To Step Down For Rhodes-vivour by LibertyRep: 10:51am On Mar 04, 2023
The faith induced performance of last Saturday should not blind people to other realities.

Mergers that happen days before elections oftentimes dampen the spirit of committed party faithfuls who would be made to appear as dispensables.

...but has the PDP become this useless? A one time acclaimed biggest party in Africa?

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Guber: Pressure Mounts On Jandor To Step Down For Rhodes-vivour by yinkus6750(m): 10:52am On Mar 04, 2023
Jandor is a stronger force than Vivour.
His choice of deputy made him a nollyhood director.
PDP of all party ought to know that Lagos of all state isn't a Jenifa affair.
The Obi movement is spurring up Vivours chances.
But with an APC central government, it will not be easy.
Lagos State will be a major battle ground next week Saturday.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Guber: Pressure Mounts On Jandor To Step Down For Rhodes-vivour by hisexcellency34: 10:52am On Mar 04, 2023
Way to go but Lagosians love Sanwo-Olu

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Guber: Pressure Mounts On Jandor To Step Down For Rhodes-vivour by ogologoamu: 10:53am On Mar 04, 2023
I love Sanwo-Olu.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Guber: Pressure Mounts On Jandor To Step Down For Rhodes-vivour by MikoB: 10:54am On Mar 04, 2023
Sanwo olu will win lagos easily, not because he performed excellently well but because of this guy call Rhode vivour past endeavours with ipob and the rest..

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Guber: Pressure Mounts On Jandor To Step Down For Rhodes-vivour by ZUBY77(m): 10:55am On Mar 04, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:

To defeat the king of urchins and clean Lagos up to be like other African Capitals.

I was in Nairobi, Dar es Salaam and Kigali few days before presidential election, I did not see any urchin disturbing road users.

But the moment I stepped my foot back to Lagos, they were causing hold-ups all over the place.

But as an urchin, you must say something to show me how stuppid you could be

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Guber: Pressure Mounts On Jandor To Step Down For Rhodes-vivour by Jostoman: 10:56am On Mar 04, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
and wetin concern APC like you with PDP and LP? So face your apc

17 Likes

Re: Lagos Guber: Pressure Mounts On Jandor To Step Down For Rhodes-vivour by Flier: 10:56am On Mar 04, 2023
grin grin grin grin It will be the END of PDP if they should collapse structure for Labour party

Its just like a son who want his father to leave the chair for him

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Guber: Pressure Mounts On Jandor To Step Down For Rhodes-vivour by Jostoman: 10:57am On Mar 04, 2023
My vote is for JANDOR because he always support igbo in lagos whenever they are in trouble

1 Like

Re: Lagos Guber: Pressure Mounts On Jandor To Step Down For Rhodes-vivour by shuttox: 11:01am On Mar 04, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:

Mumu talk

Go and rest

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Guber: Pressure Mounts On Jandor To Step Down For Rhodes-vivour by ProphetM0hammad: 11:04am On Mar 04, 2023
Lol
Jandor should step down for Chinedu wink

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Guber: Pressure Mounts On Jandor To Step Down For Rhodes-vivour by AdaojoTheUrchin: 11:04am On Mar 04, 2023
Jandor is a sensible man, he will step down and consolidate with LP to defeat the amulumala Thiefnubuu urchins and agberos and he will be rewarded.

LP will replicate last Saturday feat. People are angry with the brazen robbery by APC criminals.

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Guber: Pressure Mounts On Jandor To Step Down For Rhodes-vivour by hammerT: 11:04am On Mar 04, 2023
LAGOS STATE, IT IS TIME FOR CHANGE AND YOUTH.

A FRESH FOUNTAIN OF LIFE AND A NEW BEGINING.

TINUBU WONT MAKE IT TO ASO ROCK, HE WILL ONLY BE PRESIDENT ELECT.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Guber: Pressure Mounts On Jandor To Step Down For Rhodes-vivour by christistruth01: 11:05am On Mar 04, 2023
Why should Jandor step down for Igbos Candidates

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Guber: Pressure Mounts On Jandor To Step Down For Rhodes-vivour by hammerT: 11:06am On Mar 04, 2023
christistruth01:

Why should Jandor step down for Igbos Candidates

BECAUSE LABOUR DEFEATED APC AND HISTORY CAN REPEAT ITSELF.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Guber: Pressure Mounts On Jandor To Step Down For Rhodes-vivour by christistruth01: 11:09am On Mar 04, 2023
hammerT:

BECAUSE LABOUR DEFEATED APC AND HISTORY CAN REPEAT ITSELF.

Do you think Jandor is ready to see ipob destroy Lagos?

Re: Lagos Guber: Pressure Mounts On Jandor To Step Down For Rhodes-vivour by hammerT: 11:09am On Mar 04, 2023
christistruth01:

Do you think Jandor is ready to see ipob destroy Lagos?

IPOB AND IGBO HATE SPEECH WONT SAVE YOU THIS TIME.

LAGOS STATE IS NOT A ONE PARTY STATE AND ONE MAN BUSINESS.

WE ARE IN A REVOLUTION AND THIS IS THE TIME FOR LAGOSIANS TO TAKE BACK THEIR STATE.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Guber: Pressure Mounts On Jandor To Step Down For Rhodes-vivour by olasaad(f): 11:11am On Mar 04, 2023
Houseontherock1:
Step down indeed

Ko ti e Jo Omoluabi rara or maybe I don't like his bad boy look.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Guber: Pressure Mounts On Jandor To Step Down For Rhodes-vivour by Felabrity: 11:12am On Mar 04, 2023
Like Kwankwaso, let him go and test his strength on the field, his eyes don clear

Don't step down

1 Like

Re: Lagos Guber: Pressure Mounts On Jandor To Step Down For Rhodes-vivour by hammerT: 11:13am On Mar 04, 2023
olasaad:

Ko ti e Jo Omoluabi rara or maybe I don't like his bad boy look.

HE IS A YOUNG MAN AND AWA LO KAN...

YOUTH TI TAKEOVER NI.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Guber: Pressure Mounts On Jandor To Step Down For Rhodes-vivour by SWATMan: 11:13am On Mar 04, 2023
Jostoman:
My vote is for JANDOR because he always support igbo in lagos whenever they are in trouble

Sure.
Re: Lagos Guber: Pressure Mounts On Jandor To Step Down For Rhodes-vivour by Nwaetche(m): 11:16am On Mar 04, 2023
Are you afraid?

I can sense fear. Afenifere are the leaders of the good Omoluabi while the Afonjas are led by MURIC.

This we know.

IyaebeTheGreat:

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Guber: Pressure Mounts On Jandor To Step Down For Rhodes-vivour by hammerT: 11:16am On Mar 04, 2023
IF YOUTH DONT SUPPORT THEIR OWN, THEN WHO DO THEY EXPECT TO LOOK AFTER THEIR INTEREST AND ALL THE THINGS THEY CARE ABOUT?

IS IT THE OLD MEN?

I EXPECT THE REVOLUTION BY BALLOT TO CONTINUE BECAUSE WE HAVE NOT FINISHED.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Guber: Pressure Mounts On Jandor To Step Down For Rhodes-vivour by FreedomfromtheT: 11:22am On Mar 04, 2023
Once beaten, twice shy. The APC in Lagos is like a wounded lion. They will likely mobilize virtually all their members in Lagos to vote as to reelect governor Sanwo-Olu. There is also this ethnic propaganda against the LP candidate.
Moreso, the people who voted Labour Party last Saturday are not likely to turn up enmass for the governorship election.
I think it therefore makes sense for Jandor, the PDP candidate to swallow his ego and step down for Rhodes Vivour, the Labour Party governorship candidate so that the two parties can team up to unsit the ruling party since the momentum is on LP's
sideme in Lagos state.
I believe Peter Obi will eventually become president of Nigeria and compensate Jandor as well as Jenifa for doing LP a favour.
But should Jandor go ahead, then neither Labour Party nor The PDP will likely win Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Guber: Pressure Mounts On Jandor To Step Down For Rhodes-vivour by Obaaderemi2: 11:26am On Mar 04, 2023
PDP will never step down for LP and its candidate. The LP boy left pdp for LP and you expect the PDP man to step down for him?

Besides, why is this Baba Adebanjo hell-bent on tackling Tinubu? grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Guber: Pressure Mounts On Jandor To Step Down For Rhodes-vivour by hammerT: 11:26am On Mar 04, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
Once beaten, twice shy. The APC in Lagos is like a wounded lion. They will likely mobilize virtually all their members in Lagos to vote as to reelect governor Sanwo-Olu. There is also this ethnic propaganda against the LP candidate.
Moreso, the people who voted Labour Party last Saturday are not likely to turn up enmass for the governorship election.
I think it therefore makes sense for Jandor, the PDP candidate to swallow his ego and step down for Rhodes Vivour, the Labour Party governorship candidate so that the two parties can team up to unsit the ruling party since the momentum is on LP's
sideme in Lagos state.
I believe Peter Obi will eventually become president of Nigeria and compensate Jandor as well as Jenifa for doing LP a favour.
But should Jandor go ahead, then neither Labour Party nor The PDP will likely win Lagos.

PETER OBI MUST ISSUE DIRECTIVE TO HIS SUPPORTERS.

PETER OBI MUST BE BOLD AND STAKE HIS CLAIM FOR LABOUR PARTY, AFTER THAT WIN.

THIS ELECTION IS VERY IMPORTANT, SHOULD HE STOP JAGABAN THE RUN AWAY THIEF IN COURT, OR BY ANY OTHER MEANS NECESSARY.

PETER OBI WILL NEED LAGOS STATE IN THE BAG FOR MAJOR INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT OF THE SOUTHERN CAPITAL OF NIGERIA.

IT WILL BE BETTER IF THE GOVERNOR IS FROM HIS LABOUR PARTY.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Guber: Pressure Mounts On Jandor To Step Down For Rhodes-vivour by KGD10: 11:32am On Mar 04, 2023
A real Yoruba asked to step down for Chinedu? Wonderful 🤣

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Guber: Pressure Mounts On Jandor To Step Down For Rhodes-vivour by cocolacec(m): 11:35am On Mar 04, 2023
Houseontherock1:
Step down indeed

He don take mkpurumiri from him blodas

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Guber: Pressure Mounts On Jandor To Step Down For Rhodes-vivour by LexngtonSteele: 11:37am On Mar 04, 2023
grin

Liberal and woke Yorubas...I know most of you, your eyes never clear.

I blame Tinubu, he allowed a lot of shiit and he paid dearly for it.

I hope he has the focus to clear the mess he partially caused.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

2015: We’ll Reclaim South-west States —pdp National Vice Chairman / World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej / Hilarious!!! See Whom Is Contesting For Governor Of Kano State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.