Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Sokoto Inconclusive: What Game Is Tambuwal Playing? By Aminu Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sokoto Inconclusive: What Game Is Tambuwal Playing? By Aminu Mohammed (1428 Views)

Aminu Mohammed: Student Who Criticised Aisha Buhari Regains Freedom / Aisha's Critic, Aminu Mohammed, To Meet President Buhari After Release / NANS Apologises To Aisha Buhari Over Aminu Mohammed's Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sokoto Inconclusive: What Game Is Tambuwal Playing? By Aminu Mohammed by Feminews(m): 1:16pm On Mar 04, 2023
Sokoto inconclusive: What game is Tambuwal playing?

By Aminu Mohammed

Typical of the PDP's most familiar backdoor scheming, the charade called Guber election four years ago is rearing its ugly head once again. The news emanating from Tambuwsl's domain on the just-concluded presidential and National Assembly elections is " inconclusive". Neither Tambuwal, who looked set to be defeated by a landslide nor the INEC officials entrusted with the responsibility of conducting free and fair elections could explain in simple and clear terms why Sokoto's just-concluded elections can be said to be inconclusive.
I smell a rat and the innocent voters of Sokoto seem up against a deliberate political strategy that is, at best, a smear on decorum and democratic principles as played out in the 2019 governorship election.

The clear and present danger seems to be a compromised INEC official team that is widely believed to be acting Tambuwal's script by crying wolf where there is none. The current situation in Sokoto is that the voters feel let down by an unjustifiable claim to the inconclusiveness of an election in which they gave all their energy to that cause of changing an unperforming administration to a more promising future.

What is clear in the unfolding drama in Sokoto is that Tambuwal is trying, rather belatedly, to assert incumbency advantage in order to skew the election results in his favor. The signs of this self-righteous use of power and fixation on manipulation of elections started with the rumoured late night meetings between Tambuwal's footsoldiers and well-known political thug leaders. Many were not surprised to hear that some thugs tried to scuttle elections at various polling units.

Reports had it that in Sokoto east, the wanton thuggery was worse as the PDP used bandits to intimidate the APC agents. Recent reports showed that some people were even locked up in their houses till after the election.

God so kind to the innocent voters of Sokoto, the elections held and PDP was lagging seriously behind. A disappointed PDP leadership, acting the script of Tambuwal, tried to change the narrative that APC was the one using thugs. When the narrative failed to sink, they resorted to plan 'B', declaring elections in carefully-targetted polling units as "inconclusive" and they have a compromised INEC election officials to joining that sing-song.

Significantly, this consistent refrain of inconclusive elections in Sokoto has become a trademark of electoral cheating. We had it in 2019 in the governorship election at that time. So, what we are having now is actually a replay of a familiar democratic gimmick, though the current experience stands as worse ever. Why? Elections in all the three (3)senatorial zones have been declared inconclusive. In fact, all the 11 House of Reps have also been declared inconclusive. Who is fooling who here? Is it that all the polling units in the state had experienced over voting or someone is playing a game having seen defeat nakedly?

As we speak, no single senator has emerged. Again, in the House of Representatives elections too no single candidate has scaled through. The questions begging for answers are: what game is Tambuwal playing? Must he win at all cost?
An unforgettable fact in Sokoto' reflection. In 2019 he defeated the APC governorship candidate with a mere 342 votes margin after the second round, the first having been inconclusive. Now he is losing and out of desperation, making electoral officers compromise in favor of his desire to win at all cost. Another question is what is he afraid of? Already his few political godfather, Atiku Abubakar has failed and this may be his final attempt towards that presidential dream.

In the coming days and weeks Tanbuwal's shenanigans would be exposed because the claim to inconclusive elections has failed to sink and Sokoto voters have begun demanding convincing explanations on such claim. It all looks like the people of Sokoto and the Tambuwal administration are already poles apart, because of this brazen use of incumbency power to truncate simple democratic process of elections. It is a pity that this is the best Tambuwal has to offer even on exit from power, or an office that failed to improve even the basic economic living conditions of his millions of innocent followership.
As we await March 11 to reclaim the peoples mandate, all those involved in this electoral process should know that, "you can fool some people all the time and get away with it but you can't fool all the people all the time and think you can go free. The electorates are now penny wise and pound wise also not like 2019 when it was penny wise but pound foolish game.
The fall of Tambuwal is just a matter of days.

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto Inconclusive: What Game Is Tambuwal Playing? By Aminu Mohammed by senatordave1(m): 1:22pm On Mar 04, 2023
Cc fergie001, kyase,gabaasky,itstutsi, svoboda, Franky,harunawest,asanausana,silvertongue, aiel123
Re: Sokoto Inconclusive: What Game Is Tambuwal Playing? By Aminu Mohammed by ayomilore: 1:25pm On Mar 04, 2023
The serial traitor needs to be sent into political oblivion...

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Inconclusive: What Game Is Tambuwal Playing? By Aminu Mohammed by Svoboda(m): 2:55pm On Mar 04, 2023
ayomilore:
The serial traitor needs to be sent into political oblivion...

Haha.
He needs the senate to rev up his career, if not, it will die out of relevance. Tambuwal was among those who decieved atiku and made him think he could do without the g5. He just has to go same way as atiku.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Inconclusive: What Game Is Tambuwal Playing? By Aminu Mohammed by Kasdat5(m): 3:10pm On Mar 04, 2023
Long jargons written here .
Re: Sokoto Inconclusive: What Game Is Tambuwal Playing? By Aminu Mohammed by Aiel123: 3:25pm On Mar 04, 2023
senatordave1:
Cc fergie001, kyase,gabaasky,itstutsi, svoboda, Franky,harunawest,asanausana,silvertongue, aiel123
The write up reeks of inconsistency.
The HOR for Shagari/Yabo wasn't inconclusive...PDP won.
Also Tambuwal is leading with 7k votes
Re: Sokoto Inconclusive: What Game Is Tambuwal Playing? By Aminu Mohammed by senatordave1(m): 3:35pm On Mar 04, 2023
Aiel123:

The write up reeks of inconsistency.
The HOR for Shagari/Yabo wasn't inconclusive...PDP won.
Also Tambuwal is leading with 7k votes

True,tambuwal is leading.pdp is also leading surprisingly in sokoto east while wamakko leads Dan iya.
Re: Sokoto Inconclusive: What Game Is Tambuwal Playing? By Aminu Mohammed by Aiel123: 3:57pm On Mar 04, 2023
senatordave1:

True,tambuwal is leading.pdp is also leading surprisingly in sokoto east while wamakko leads Dan iya.
Sokoto is always tough.
How do you see this upcoming guber...not only sokoto, across the federation?
Re: Sokoto Inconclusive: What Game Is Tambuwal Playing? By Aminu Mohammed by senatordave1(m): 4:08pm On Mar 04, 2023
Aiel123:

Sokoto is always tough.
How do you see this upcoming guber...not only sokoto, across the federation?

I will give my final analysis tomorrow but I feel it will go the presidential pattern.help me with the lga breakdown for sokoto south.
Nwoko should have lost
Re: Sokoto Inconclusive: What Game Is Tambuwal Playing? By Aminu Mohammed by Aiel123: 5:17pm On Mar 04, 2023
senatordave1:

I will give my final analysis tomorrow but I feel it will go the presidential pattern.help me with the lga breakdown for sokoto south.
Nwoko should have lost
Sokoto south in senate election or presidential?
Nwoko safe to say 'lost'. Ika north east was what gave him victory.
Re: Sokoto Inconclusive: What Game Is Tambuwal Playing? By Aminu Mohammed by senatordave1(m): 5:30pm On Mar 04, 2023
Aiel123:

Sokoto south in senate election or presidential?
Nwoko safe to say 'lost'. Ika north east was what gave him victory.

Sokoto south senate...
Lp win was more emphatic in delta north which means they should ein senate considering elumelu lost.it is clear agege is the next gov
Re: Sokoto Inconclusive: What Game Is Tambuwal Playing? By Aminu Mohammed by Aiel123: 5:34pm On Mar 04, 2023
senatordave1:

Sokoto south senate...
Lp win was more emphatic in delta north which means they should ein senate considering elumelu lost.it is clear agege is the next gov
I didn't see lgas results for senate ... will keep checking.
Nwoko won in Ndokwa,his aniocha north and Ika north east.
If Obidients support Agege,he will win but if they stay aloof,Ken Pela might nick it.
Joel won with Isoko south votes ..
Re: Sokoto Inconclusive: What Game Is Tambuwal Playing? By Aminu Mohammed by senatordave1(m): 5:40pm On Mar 04, 2023
Aiel123:

I didn't see lgas results for senate ... will keep checking.
Nwoko won in Ndokwa,his aniocha north and Ika north east.
If Obidients support Agege,he will win but if they stay aloof,Ken Pela might nick it.
Joel won with Isoko south votes ..

Help the delta south results.
Judging by how tambuwal lg gave atiku victory,it must have given tambuwal the lead also...
Its like kabiru marafa is losing.
They won't vote pela the way they voted obi.moreover most deltans preferred obi/agege.
Re: Sokoto Inconclusive: What Game Is Tambuwal Playing? By Aminu Mohammed by Aiel123: 5:48pm On Mar 04, 2023
senatordave1:

Help the delta south results.
Judging by how tambuwal lg gave atiku victory,it must have given tambuwal the lead also...
Its like kabiru marafa is losing.
They won't vote pela the way they voted obi.moreover most deltans preferred obi/agege.
Yeah. You got it on Tambuwal 's LGA.
When the results was being announced and Say Atiku was losing I kept faith with Tambuwal's lga and it worked...
Kabiru is losing by almost 15/16k margin.. but the election was inconclusive. Gusau lga votes swayed PDP ahead.
The truth is that Agege holds the momentum but there's a growing ill feeling on the obidients on Agege because of the role APC played in the presidential election.
Re: Sokoto Inconclusive: What Game Is Tambuwal Playing? By Aminu Mohammed by senatordave1(m): 6:07pm On Mar 04, 2023
Aiel123:

Yeah. You got it on Tambuwal 's LGA.
When the results was being announced and Say Atiku was losing I kept faith with Tambuwal's lga and it worked...
Kabiru is losing by almost 15/16k margin.. but the election was inconclusive. Gusau lga votes swayed PDP ahead.
The truth is that Agege holds the momentum but there's a growing ill feeling on the obidients on Agege because of the role APC played in the presidential election.

I stopped following sokoto results after 10 lgas.I knew that with how atiku won narrowly in katsina with fewer lgas he might win sokoto eventually.sokoto was a surprise because I thought atiku will win with at least 50k.so the 3margin is more of a strategic victory for apc.the biggest shockers were gombe and yobe where I gave tinubu.
I wonder why kabiru will lose and sahabi won.
Agege played little role.apart from rev waive,apc lost in ughelli and urhobo land.
Re: Sokoto Inconclusive: What Game Is Tambuwal Playing? By Aminu Mohammed by Aiel123: 6:19pm On Mar 04, 2023
senatordave1:

I stopped following sokoto results after 10 lgas.I knew that with how atiku won narrowly in katsina with fewer lgas he might win sokoto eventually.sokoto was a surprise because I thought atiku will win with at least 50k.so the 3margin is more of a strategic victory for apc.the biggest shockers were gombe and yobe where I gave tinubu.
I wonder why kabiru will lose and sahabi won.
Agege played little role.apart from rev waive,apc lost in ughelli and urhobo land.
That 3k margin was worth it given that Wamakko was all out to deliver Tinubu.
Gusau lga made Kabiru lose...If you watch, AA won Gusau, Katsina, Dutse, Kaduna all capital cities and the senatorial candidate of PDP in the zones these capital city won except for Katsina.
Inuwa cost APC victory and Goje worked for PDP. AA won his lga at the presidency and Goje won it for senate. Yobe was maybe because of Lawan...
Agege party was alleged to have rigged Tinubu in Most obidients share this thoughts so to some why reward APC with delta guber when spc was alleged to rig at the national level?
Re: Sokoto Inconclusive: What Game Is Tambuwal Playing? By Aminu Mohammed by senatordave1(m): 6:34pm On Mar 04, 2023
Aiel123:

That 3k margin was worth it given that Wamakko was all out to deliver Tinubu.
Gusau lga made Kabiru lose...If you watch, AA won Gusau, Katsina, Dutse, Kaduna all capital cities and the senatorial candidate of PDP in the zones these capital city won except for Katsina.
Inuwa cost APC victory and Goje worked for PDP. AA won his lga at the presidency and Goje won it for senate. Yobe was maybe because of Lawan...
Agege party was alleged to have rigged Tinubu in Most obidients share this thoughts so to some why reward APC with delta guber when spc was alleged to rig at the national level?

True,atiku did well in urban areas of nw.he won birnin kebbi and dutse.the margin from katsina city gave him victory.wamakko has shown that him alongside badaru,ganduje and yari are the masters of the nw.el rufai,bagudu,masari are either overrated or sold out.
Goje issues is with the gov not tinubu.even pantami could not deliver.In any case,goje used to be an atiku ally just like bukar Abba in yobe.no matter what,atiku should not be winning gombe heavily with a weakened pdp...even bauchi apc that are weakened did well.apc won three seats in bauchi including in gov bala and dogara bases.they even won a senate seat.
If not for the popularity of mailantarki,I'll have said the gov will lose.
Re: Sokoto Inconclusive: What Game Is Tambuwal Playing? By Aminu Mohammed by Aiel123: 6:48pm On Mar 04, 2023
senatordave1:

True,atiku did well in urban areas of nw.he won birnin kebbi and dutse.the margin from katsina city gave him victory.wamakko has shown that him alongside badaru,ganduje and yari are the masters of the nw.el rufai,bagudu,masari are either overrated or sold out.
Goje issues is with the gov not tinubu.even pantami could not deliver.In any case,goje used to be an atiku ally just like bukar Abba in yobe.no matter what,atiku should not be winning gombe heavily with a weakened pdp...even bauchi apc that are weakened did well.apc won three seats in bauchi including in gov bala and dogara bases.they even won a senate seat.
If not for the popularity of mailantarki,I'll have said the gov will lose.
Inuwa may win reelection.
Yari tried... his LGA number was massive.
APC swam against the tide iñ the north so it's not out of place for apc to lose some states.
Re: Sokoto Inconclusive: What Game Is Tambuwal Playing? By Aminu Mohammed by senatordave1(m): 6:53pm On Mar 04, 2023
Aiel123:

Inuwa may win reelection.
Yari tried... his LGA number was massive.
APC swam against the tide iñ the north so it's not out of place for apc to lose some states.

Bvas really worked well in this polls,it revealed the real voting strength of states and the north still beats south.it revealed that turnout in delta south is poor.
Okowa is a weakling as I thought,he was overrated.wike or udom would have been better choices.
If the north wanted atiku,they would have voted him en bloc
Infact from my findings,there was more violence and sabotage in the south esp in the rural areas as I calculated.obi won the urban areas and lost in the villages.
You haven't sent the isoko results.the court might void warri results based on the apex court ruling on delineation
Re: Sokoto Inconclusive: What Game Is Tambuwal Playing? By Aminu Mohammed by Aiel123: 7:14pm On Mar 04, 2023
senatordave1:

Bvas really worked well in this polls,it revealed the real voting strength of states and the north still beats south.it revealed that turnout in delta south is poor.
Okowa is a weakling as I thought,he was overrated.wike or udom would have been better choices.
If the north wanted atiku,they would have voted him en bloc
Infact from my findings,there was more violence and sabotage in the south esp in the rural areas as I calculated.obi won the urban areas and lost in the villages.
You haven't sent the isoko results.the court might void warri results based on the apex court ruling on delineation
I didn't get the results by lgas,just a report by a PDP social media handler that Ejele won in 7 out of the 8 LGA but lost Isoko south heavily. Also results from Warri south was cancelled due to irregularities.

(1) (Reply)

Finally, May 29: Nothing Will Stop The Handover To Tinubu — Buhari / The Egyptian Symbol & Secret Initiation That Propelled Tinubu To The Presidency / State Of Birland Opens Up Office In abuja-nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.