Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,982 members, 7,835,292 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved (55374 Views)

World’s Rarest Passport That's Held By Only 500 People Is Over 900 Yrs Old (Pix) / Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods / Toll Gates In Dubai: See What Can Be Achieved With Technology (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Najdorf: 1:54pm On Mar 14, 2023
PoliteActivist:

You are the only one with eyes. All these vast majority of Americans below don't have eyes!
You've mentioned one thing so far which I completely agree with, and that's the fact that getting into the US alone doesn't equal wealth.

With that said, this doesn't mean opportunities do not exist. Sadly, these opportunities are not open to everyone. It's for those that are ambitious, smart and ready to work hard. If you're an average person there are just some levels you may never reach in life. It's just the sad truth. Mind you, even with the 60% having almost 0 savings and living paycheck to paycheck, there is still a sizeable population, the remaining 40% that you forgot, of about 120 million+ people that are not living in that condition and are leading more buoyant lives.

It's up to everyone to make their decision whether it's the 60% or the 40% they want to be.

2 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by PoliteActivist: 2:07pm On Mar 14, 2023
Najdorf:

You've mentioned one thing so far which I completely agree with, and that's the fact that getting into the US alone doesn't equal wealth.

With that said, this doesn't mean opportunities do not exist. Sadly, these opportunities are not open to everyone. It's for those that are ambitious, smart and ready to work hard. If you're an average person there are just some levels you may never reach in life. It's just the sad truth. Mind you, even with the 60% having almost 0 savings and living paycheck to paycheck, there is still a sizeable population, the remaining 40% that you forgot, of about 120 million+ people that are not living in that condition and are leading more buoyant lives.

It's up to everyone to make their decision whether it's the 60% or the 40% they want to be.

The remaining 40% cannot achieve what we are talking about (see it below) with a regular 9 to 5 job, living a normal life. The way the society is structured, it is simply impossible!

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Generalwoodz(m): 6:49pm On Mar 14, 2023
BigDawsNet:

The average salary for a Software Engineer in US is $142,000 - $170,000 depending on your years of experience

I know people here in the States with just High school certificates... they have degree... they only woke up one day and decided to start learning coding online... Today dey make that amount easily...

Tech is the new oil here in North America and EU, Asia even some African countries....

No dull bro... pls learn... I take God beg you

Howfa bro, you no know me. But I want you to sponsor me so I can get 50-,60k system. I want the next 6 months to be tech filled. Can you please help me?
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Beloved009: 10:35pm On Mar 14, 2023
PoliteActivist:

You are the only one with eyes. All these vast majority of Americans below don't have eyes!

And instead of you to be part of the 36%, you decided to be part of those 64% struggling
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by PoliteActivist: 11:30pm On Mar 14, 2023
Beloved009:

And instead of you to be part of the 36%, you decided to be part of those 64% struggling

Humans are not that different from one another.
Doing a regular job and working overtime all the time, you can be part of the 36% to the extent that you saved say, $20k. But not to the extent that you did all these below. It is simply impossible.

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by balium(m): 12:13am On Mar 15, 2023
Sometimes it is comforting to think people achieving great feats are either lying or into fraud.

I don't know about any other country but as far as USA is concerned, that quantum of money can be achieved legally within 4-5 years of arriving in the states. USA rewards with people technical skills and with the onset of remote work people have leveraged this to work multiple remote tech jobs each paying above 100k. I know people working 3-4 jobs with >300k total annual take home. How will they not be able to save 250k in four years ?
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Coquinoqui: 6:09am On Mar 15, 2023
OgaTheTop2:
If you dey US and you have good credit scores, then the sky is your limit cheesy
sky is ur limit with debts
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by OgaTheTop2: 11:51am On Mar 15, 2023
Coquinoqui:
America as country get debts. Credit facilities is a way of life in America. How you invest and manage your credit is the difference. Even Dangote dey own banks money. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Timclark(m): 3:47pm On Mar 15, 2023
kroger:

Depends on the kind of product you want to sell, i started with about $20k with just one product.

Hello, please sorry for intruding. I opened this thread https://www.nairaland.com/7610866/3-days-now-since-landlord complaining about how my landlord has locked me outside for 4 days now and I have been sleeping outside. Someone hinted that you can come through for me with any assistance. Please I kneel down to beg you, assist me. I have been outside for 4 days now. Any assistance from you will help me a lot. I can drop my details on your request. I pray you consider me please. I am in a distress state now.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by YoshihideSuga: 4:55pm On Mar 15, 2023
OgaTheTop2:
America as country get debts. Credit facilities is a way of life in America. How you invest and manage your credit is the difference. Even Dangote dey own banks money. cheesy

I really don't understand why Nigerians are against debt. Every successful entrepreneur took loans to expand or start a business. Leverage is the game. The most important thing is constant and increasing cash flow from the enterprises the loans got utilised for. I really do appreciate your earlier comment and other useful ones. I will leverage on the cheap money in developed countries to start and expand businesses in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by OgaTheTop2: 6:01pm On Mar 15, 2023
YoshihideSuga:

I really don't understand why Nigerians are against debt. Every successful entrepreneur took loans to expand or start a business. Leverage is the game. The most important thing is constant and increasing cash flow from the enterprises the loans got utilised for. I really do appreciate your earlier comment and other useful ones. I will leverage on the cheap money in developed countries to start and expand businesses in Nigeria.
Money makes more money bruh. If you play your business games right you will be a multimillionaire. What bank can give credit facilities of 50m to an average citizen in Nigeria? America built her nation and nationals on credit systems. This is what we don't have in Nigeria.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by damzy88: 6:34pm On Mar 17, 2023
kroger:

US and Canada.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by damzy88: 6:34pm On Mar 17, 2023
kroger:

US and Canada.
Sent you a pm boss.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by LilleG(m): 4:45pm On Mar 19, 2023
Where did you find the hype from?
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Kobicove(m): 5:06am On Apr 15, 2023
Coquinoqui:

cheesy
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Kobicove(m): 5:09am On Apr 15, 2023
OgaTheTop2:
Money makes more money bruh. If you play your business games right you will be a multimillionaire. What bank can give credit facilities of 50m to an average citizen in Nigeria? America built her nation and nationals on credit systems. This is what we don't have in Nigeria.

The reason why we do not have a good credit system here is because our database of the population is very poor and as a result Nigerians do not like to repay loans and credit because they know they can get away with evading payment angry

2 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Wonuola111(f): 1:55am On Apr 18, 2023
odinga1of:

Bro good morning, I gbadu u write up, can we talk more ? I dey Naija btw......
Hello brother
Good morning from here I love ur write up tnx alot for the update can we talk privately if u don’t mind
Can I have ur email or number I to get some info from you please πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Wonuola111(f): 1:57am On Apr 18, 2023
Despacito1:

You can't do what they're doing, only selling of ashishi is money here, but Can you risk doing that? Moroccans, Tunisia, Albania immigrants are doing this illegal drugs stuff and Europeans are tired of them, because once you deport one, he will tell his brothers over there in Tunisia, Romania, Morrocco etc that there is money selling drugs over here. he will mobilise along with him more 10 of his kind into journey to go back through water or shipping smuggle route the next day. They're plenty of them here returning after deportation, the police won't do anything to them. They disturb people to buy stuff even In front of surveillance cameras and near police stations. They're not Afraid going to jail or being deported.
My oyibo oyibo colleagues will buy those little Maggie stuff of 5gram for 100euro... This is what an honest worker like you won't get for a week depending on your job.

Hello brother
Good morning from here I love ur write up tnx alot for the update can we talk privately if u don’t mind
Can I have ur email or number I to get some info from you please πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by odinga1of: 9:03am On Apr 18, 2023
Wonuola111:

Hello brother

jokeharry3@gmail.com or you send me your details thru email so we can rub mind.

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Calvilman(m): 10:21am On Apr 18, 2023
Based on my experiences most of these nigerians in europe are losers who work menial, low skilled jobs, live in a tiny home and waste all their savings on having a lifestyle that seems lavish to nigerians back home.

Obviously these people want to brag to make themselves feel better about themselves when most people around them in rich countries are doing much better than them and have much better jobs while these people are on the bottom of the society there.

Don't get me wrong, there are successful ones too but I've never seen one post it on social media, it's always these labourer losers.
Have you ever seen doctors, professors and lawyers brag about their european life online?

I'm european-born living in africa, this is the truth from my point of view.
I don't know how it's like in america but I suspect these people are usually inovlved in drug trafficking unless they have a tech job or something similar but getting a degree that will get you a 120k USD peryear job you'd have to pay 20k USD a year for university so it still doesn't make much sense.
Or maybe it's just bank money but whatever it is it's not only what they tell and make you see.

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by odinga1of: 11:48am On Apr 19, 2023
Wonuola111:

Hello brother

I have seen your mail, my hand cold na, later on.

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Wonuola111(f): 5:18pm On Apr 19, 2023
odinga1of:

I have seen your mail, my hand cold na, later on.

Hello bro good evening how you doing over there

Pls can I have your Email
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by odinga1of: 5:20pm On Apr 19, 2023
Wonuola111:

Hello bro good evening how you doing over there

Pls can I have your Email

I have seen your mail, I will alert u when something drop.

Shalom
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by XtraFortunes: 9:56am On May 07, 2023
Calvilman:
Based on my experiences most of these nigerians in europe are losers who work menial, low skilled jobs, live in a tiny home and waste all their savings on having a lifestyle that seems lavish to nigerians back home.

Obviously these people want to brag to make themselves feel better about themselves when most people around them in rich countries are doing much better than them and have much better jobs while these people are on the bottom of the society there.

Don't get me wrong, there are successful ones too but I've never seen one post it on social media, it's always these labourer losers.
Have you ever seen doctors, professors and lawyers brag about their european life online?

I'm european-born living in africa, this is the truth from my point of view.
I don't know how it's like in america but I suspect these people are usually inovlved in drug trafficking unless they have a tech job or something similar but getting a degree that will get you a 120k USD peryear job you'd have to pay 20k USD a year for university so it still doesn't make much sense.
Or maybe it's just bank money but whatever it is it's not only what they tell and make you see.

Many tech jobs do not need you going to the university. There are many successful tech guys who are self taught and some went to boot camps not university. So you are wrong.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Calvilman(m): 1:20pm On May 08, 2023
XtraFortunes:

Many tech jobs do not need you going to the university. There are many successful tech guys who are self taught and some went to boot camps not university. So you are wrong.

I'm not wrong I'm just generalizing, should be obvious.

There are exceptions to everything but these people who manage to get into IT with talent and self taught skill are an exceptional minority group.
With exceptional skills and abilities you don't need education in many professions.
There are many successful writers, musicians, painters, craftsmen, chefs, designers, drug dealers, scammers, inventors, youtubers etc. who don't have a degree..

I shouldn't have to explain this, should be obvious.
Most people don't have exceptional talent, most people don't fall into the category that you're referring to so it's more or less irrelevant to the point.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

The Stairs Used To Climb Out Of Arik Airplane (Photo) / Yankari Games Reserves In Bauchi In Pictures / Car Carrying Another Car In Ketu, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.