Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,392 members, 7,836,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved (55390 Views)

World’s Rarest Passport That's Held By Only 500 People Is Over 900 Yrs Old (Pix) / Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods / Toll Gates In Dubai: See What Can Be Achieved With Technology (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by cococandy(f): 12:17am On Mar 11, 2023
kroger:

It's like you don't know the guy you are going back and forth with grin. Don't waste your precious time. He is a popular troll with different account Timesup247 useni1 now this is his new Monika.
ah I see grin
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by kroger: 12:36am On Mar 11, 2023
AbdulMagaji:

Bro please which marketplace do you buy from?

US and Canada.

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by PoliteActivist: 1:11am On Mar 11, 2023
cococandy:
oh so we are not discussing outliers? That was entirely what the first post you responded to was about! I even asked you if you understood what you were posting was the average (aka mean).

Just take the L and move on

Lol u funny, how many times have I emphasized that I was talking of what the vast majority of nurses make - the mean! You even asked me point blank if I was saying $110 was impossible. I replied you I was never saying that. it was always about what a nurse would expect to make in US, never some outlier that was never included on any government or job app salary range!
To refresh your memory, some past posts:

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by onegig(m): 1:15am On Mar 11, 2023
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by damzy88: 1:15am On Mar 11, 2023
kroger:

US and Canada.
Sent you a pm boss.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by cococandy(f): 1:26am On Mar 11, 2023
Literally your posts indict you. The second screenshot is you arguing with someone who told you travel RNs can make that much. Mind you he didn’t say all nurses. He said travel nurses and you felt the need to argue.

Or have you forgotten when you replied that wherever it is I’m referring to, that I’m lying. Bro take the L and move. You argued even against the so called outliers implying that it’s impossible.

🥴.
PoliteActivist:

Lol u funny, how many times have I emphasized that I was talking of what the vast majority of nurses make - the mean! You even asked me point blank if I was saying $110 was impossible. I replied you I was never saying that. it was always about what a nurse would expect to make in US, never some outlier that was never included on any government or job app salary range!
To refresh your memory, some past posts:

2 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by onegig(m): 1:31am On Mar 11, 2023
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by okuta007: 1:58am On Mar 11, 2023
naijaboy99:
na mumu all of them be. Them think say na 1980 we dey when our uncles lie give us until we got there and found out they are all struggling. The first 10 million richest Nigerians live and work right here in Nigeria

you are so correct

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by PoliteActivist: 3:21am On Mar 11, 2023
cococandy:
Literally your posts indict you. The second screenshot is you arguing with someone who told you travel RNs can make that much. Mind you he didn’t say all nurses. He said travel nurses and you felt the need to argue.

Or have you forgotten when you replied that wherever it is I’m referring to, that I’m lying. Bro take the L and move. You argued even against the so called outliers implying that it’s impossible.

🥴.

Come on sis, I know you know English language better than this. When someone makes a statement without employing "some" or "all" it means most of them - the mean! I know you know that - you are just out to win an argument. If someone says "Nigerians are loud" it does not mean there are no Nigerians as quiet as a mouse. Not only that, you ASKED ME SPECIFICALLY and I TOLD YOU WHAT I MEANT! Not only that, government agencies and online apps gave salary ranges - not a single one included outliers, and they are ALL approximately the same.
Sorry my dear sis, you lost this one. I wish I could concede it to you as the man just to make you happy, but that would be dishonest.
Better luck next time. I enjoyed arguing with you. Take good care.

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Nobody: 4:00am On Mar 11, 2023
kroger:

US and Canada.

Is it advisable to buy from Alibaba?
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by JeffreyJunior: 5:10am On Mar 11, 2023
naijaboy99:
Even for Canada Nigerian nurses don't make $60kCAD. I fvck many of them with 200usd. They still beg me money from Nigeria here. I paid one $17kCAD to help my cousin get his papers. The girl almost collapsed. She get two kids now but still hustling me. Leave all these people
I find your comment ridiculous.

Even ordinary Nurse Assistants make more than 60k in SoCal and NorCal these days.

You need to know there are CNAs, LVNs, RNs with Associate degrees and RNs with BSNs. All of them are called nurses but their pays are different.

Some Nigerians abroad who claim to be nurses are Nurse Assistants popularly called CNAs so when they tell you their pay, don't assume their pay is what they pay nurses hired with BSN.

Another thing is that you can't compare what they pay nurses in San Francisco to what they pay the ones in Central Cali cities like Fresno.

Shalom.

6 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by jedisco(m): 10:28am On Mar 11, 2023
EvangDrGeo:

I am a Medical Doctor here in Nigeria. I am 40 years on the dot and I have been working for 10 years here in Nigeria.

How can you help me relocate? I can work and pay back all that you may spend outside my own funds I have saved here.

Everyone here is dependent on me and they all think I am rich because of the Doctor title. It's not so easy for me.

Kindly help me.. I have a daughter but I am still single.

Would be worth asking your colleagues who've migrated. There are specific pathways for healthcare professionals
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Louis8796: 11:04am On Mar 11, 2023
Are the any loan apps for those in the USA.
irumole1975:
Seriously, I've stopped reading the hype of these guys abroad because they're making some of us feel less achieved.

One was talking about a project of #250M hotel completed in Nigeria and I don't even know if na this same abroad I dey with them too. Also talked about him being here for just two years or so and he's bought a condo home, build many hostels for student in Nigeria and on his way to complete a #250Million hotel in Nigeria also.

I been here in this abroad and I can't even boast of $10k USD. It's well Sha. I just hope they're not lying with all these things they're saying.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by jedisco(m): 11:56am On Mar 11, 2023
adonainana:
Following this thread carefully

Thank God it was in the US the person made his 450k dollars and not in the UK

Uk na your mate, they no born any immigrant in the UK to make £300 k cash in even 15 years self more less 4..

Even the British prime minister earns just about 150k per year and tax is 45 percent for him . ( tax rate in the UK is 20 percent from between £12570- 50720PA, then its 40 percent tax BTW £50721- £150,000.)

So if the prime.minister of a country is been taxed of up to 50 percent and he hasn't even paid his rent, living expenses, etc where he wan save £300k from more less an immigrant with a less paying job

Like they never born that immigrant that would dream of making such big amount here in the UK.

I have never been to the US before but wages there are extremely higher than the UK albeit higher taxes but real good emphasis on high wages

First, I think the initial post thst led to this thread was an exaggeration.

Secondly, we know the US pays higher than the UK but the later comes with more safetynets.

Thirdly the salary for MPs is outside the cost of running their office which is deductible. While the salary is reasonable, they claim on most of their expenditure.

Lastly, there are many immigrants who'd boast greater than £ 300k within 5 yrs of being in the UK. Of course, this money is in assests and not in cash cos those who rake in that much know better than leave it in cash.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by adonainana: 12:12pm On Mar 11, 2023
jedisco:

First, I think the initial post thst led to this thread was an exaggeration.

Secondly, we know the US pays higher than the UK but the later comes with more safetynets.

Thirdly the salary for MPs is outside the cost of running their office which is deductible. While the salary is reasonable, they claim on most of their expenditure.

Lastly, there are many immigrants who'd boast greater than £ 300k within 5 yrs of being in the UK. Of course, this money is in assests and not in cash cos those who rake in that much know better than leave it in cash.

No immigrant can come to the UK and have £300k in anything within 5 years, it's miraculously not legally possible

And a mortgage is not a liquid asset, it's a chargeable asset which has been used as a collateral for a 30 years loan from the bank to the individual that got the mortgage

You can't buy a £300k house through a mortgage (loan) from the UK bank and all of sudden say you have a £300k.

If the £300k property is yours, what property should the bank that borrowed you the £300k say is his.

For the reasons above it is impossible for any immigrant to save £300k whether in cash or in anything within 5 years of working in the UK.

The UK tax system would not let you as no omky would the 45 percent tax rate take so much of your earning above £150k per annum, corporation tax too at 20 percent too would finish you if you went to try and set up a business in the UK

You can't have or save £300k within 5 years in the UK as an immigrant no matter the job, the best you can get is a mortgage

A mortgage is a 25-30 year loan with the property in question as collateral

In the US it might be possible to save 450k dollars or whatever but in the UK it is extremely impossible
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by jedisco(m): 2:09pm On Mar 11, 2023
adonainana:

No immigrant can come to the UK and have £300k in anything within 5 years, it's miraculously not legally possible

I tend to avoid using the word impossible when not absolutely sure. I'm not referring to illegal stuff. It's not eady/common at same time not impossible

I have seen folks who have got a property portfolio of upto 3 houses. That's aside S&S ISAs, pensions e.t.c within 5 years of arrival. Some have updated old houses and flipped or remortgaged them for good profit. There are those who have been able to earn through a mix of means.
Of corse, having a mortgage on a house does not mean you own it.
Over the last few years, there has been a huge boom in assets, some took early opportunities and building on.

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by syntekelite(m): 3:12pm On Mar 11, 2023
Sirqt5:

i laugh in Spanish . People dey believe op say him dey abroad , lmao . Somebody wey never step foot outside Nigeria

Sorry bro i wan ask one question.. the screenshot of the person above wey you post hin convo.. hin dey smoke crack
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by syntekelite(m): 3:18pm On Mar 11, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
The aim was not to reveal but to help the brother who said he had 10k savings or so.

If he focuses on me and not my advice on how he can advance with that saved amount, then he will be a fool.

Thanks by the way for your advice. Notes taken.

Forget that person wey sey u dey reveal.. as if the biz was invented by him. Many work dey usa wey even dat same person forming biz mogul no know about.. so home flipping come be new thing.. moreover make you reveal till tomorow not everyone will still make it in whatever biz you reveal.. this life na person star matter... Once you find your niche its like you pablo's brother..keep up the good work , its obvious you be real G wey go dey help people rise..
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by syntekelite(m): 3:25pm On Mar 11, 2023
See people just dey talk access access, credit, loan, credit score bla bla bla.. like say no be same racist usa.. anybody(especially immigrants) wey make am there biggerly thank God you found your calling, just like people become rich legally in naija, mexico, panama, cuba, argentina which are hard places by the way, same way some people wont be overtly rich or make it in usa or europe, not for lack of intelligence or hard work . It is what it is.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 11, 2023
Kingofmykingdom:
I made a comment here that I gross $988k this 2022 and gross $750+k 2021 and have only been in the United States 3 years going to 4 years by June, someone said I’m lying and some other said no true. Now let me explain in details.

Firstly majority Nigerians in the US are not much exposed to living abroad, how things work in the United States, and many Nigerians, USA is their first travel experience/ destination.

What most Nigerians do when they travel to the United States is to get education and become either a Nurse, Doctor or Engineer, Work in the DC ( Distribution center or fulfillment centers) aka warehouse, housekeepers, some are Uber drivers and that’s all, which to me is not bad and maybe that’s what works for them and pays their bill.

You make money in healthcare especially RN if you’re ready to work overtime not only in Healthcare but in any other sector, you must work overtime to make more and remember the more money you make the change in your tax bracket, meaning you’ll be paying back to Uncle Sam ( IRS).

While Nigerians are working others are making it big doing business like the Russians, Indians, Chinese, Mexicans and Europeans but Africans are just working with no life.

US is designed in a way that you work and work then govt will take it back through health, that’s why Healthcare is expensive in US because you must surely end up in the hospital with either back injury, cancer or another sickness.

I live in Buckhead, Atlanta GA and to be honest most Nigerians are scared to try out new things and scared of challenges while the Russians, Indians and Chinese are taking the risk to become millionaires.

Russians and E. Europe controls the trucking industry in Mid-West, Indians owns 90% of all the gas stations in the US, Chinese are into importation, real estate flipping and food, Mexicans are into construction, trucking, restaurants, White own 90% of Trucking business in the US and are the major players.

Now to my story, I came to the US with $12300 after my tickets and others, I went straight to a boot camp with GTech and after graduation I got a job with Microsoft Atlantic Station as Data Analyst competing with Indians, after working for 7 months I upgraded my certificate to cloud engineering, then left the Microsoft to work for Walmart HQ in Arkanas as a System Admin, then Networking Engineer then Snr Cloud Engineer, I was earning roughly $110/hr working 40hrs/wk , which I was able to save and form my company ( s-corp).

I bought a 26ft box truck after I left my job to start a trucking company with hope, which after I got a loan from a community bank and added another truck, making it 2, I was driving one of the truck and have a driver in the other one paying him 25% after fuel deductions and both were doing OTR, hauling for Amazon and booking loads off Loadboards, I made in my first year almost $210k gross.

I enrolled for 3 weeks to earn my CDL A, which I saved enough from the box truck and bought a semi doing hook and drop for Amazon and booking off from other brokers I built up a relationship with during the Covid as rate was skyrocketing to even$10/mile and I was covering 4000 miles a week.

I made enough money from the Semi and 2 box truck, which I later sold off the box truck and venture fully into Semi. I approached 4 banks and luckily I was approved. I got firstly 3 semi and 3 trailers then got my Hazmat, Tanker, Twic, TSA endorsements.

I paid off my loans quickly and applied for another business loan with a business deal/plan to banks, I have BOA, Chase, Delta approved my loan/ financing with 3.5% interest rate and I was able to purchase more trucks ( semi and trailers ).

Today I have a fleet ( 12 Tractors with trailers), I have 4 53ft Refeer Trailers, 4 53ft Dry Van, 3 48ft Flatbed, I step deck. I am into LTL, FTL, Dedicated, Long Haul ( Coast -Coast) Hazmat,

I have a dedicated lane FL - Oregon ( Reefer ) 3 times in a week and each trip pays $65,600 3 times in a week

I have a dedicated hazmat lane from NY - CA 2 times in a week ( $88 ,000 a week )

My 3 flat bed makes almost $52000 each every week and my step deck makes almost $30,000 weekly

I have 14 employees, 12 drivers and 1 broker/dispatcher that dispatch my trucks.

I know my overhead expenses are high but as S-Corp, I pay myself $10k weekly as the ceo and works only 4 hrs daily and mostly from home.

How where you able to build your credit score for the bank to give you loan to buy a truck?
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by adonainana: 6:26pm On Mar 11, 2023
jedisco:

I tend to avoid using the word impossible when not absolutely sure. I'm not referring to illegal stuff. It's not eady/common at same time not impossible

I have seen folks who have got a property portfolio of upto 3 houses. [/b]That's aside S&S ISAs, pensions e.t.c within [b]5 years of arrival. Some have u[b]pdated old houses and flipped or remortgaged them[/b] for good profit. There are those who have been able to earn through a mix of means.
Of corse, having a mortgage on a house does not mean you own it.
Over the last few years, there has been a huge boom in assets, some took early opportunities and building on.

its better to use the word impossible cos it barely rarely happens.

You cant have a portfolio of 3 mortgaged houses within 5 years easily

This is because mortgages in the uk require a deposit of between 10 percent and 30 percent of the value of the house.

The process of using your first mortgaged house to get your second mortgaged house is called EQUITY release. This can only happen when the bank the lender is very and absolutely sure not only has the house grown by more than the 30 percent initial deposit you put on it.

The above paragrapghs makes having or building 3 mortgaged properties all on credit within 5 years almost impossible.

Even if you have 3 jobs and you are sleeping at work, real estate in the UK is simply not like that.

Real estate in the Uk is not Lekki where houses that were sold for 80m in osapa lekki, is now 120m today and would be 240m next year.

Its just not possible,

updated houses, flip houses, sold them for a profit is bad terminology, you cant flip a mortgaged house neither can you sell it for profit, in law it is called equity release which is a chargeable interest on the profit more like another loan secured on the property in question.

Im not sure if i have been very helpful with my explanation, there are some things you can do in the USA and you stand a chance, hence the term AMERICAN DREAM

Have you ever come across any word like the British Dream, there is a reason why brother

You cant and no immigrant can raise or build any asset worth 300k pounds within 5 years of arriving in the UK, it is simply not LEGALLY POSSIBLE
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 11, 2023
thebosstrevor1:

How where you able to build your credit score for the bank to give you loan to buy a truck?

I bought my first truck through auction and others through building my business credit called paydex score and my business bank statement. I operate S-corp type of business formation. I also submitted a contract copy I signed with usps and some hazmat companies to the bank.

3 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by jedisco(m): 6:51pm On Mar 11, 2023
adonainana:

its better to use the word impossible cos it barely rarely happens.

You cant and no immigrant can raise or build any asset worth 300k pounds within 5 years of arriving in the UK, it is simply not LEGALLY POSSIBLE

You talk too much.

The question you should be asking is 'how'. Then you now breakdown and see if it's possible or not.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by sonnie10: 7:30pm On Mar 11, 2023
Kingofmykingdom:

I bought my first truck through auction and others through building my business credit called paydex score and my business bank statement. I operate S-corp type of business formation. I also submitted a contract copy I signed with usps and some hazmat companies to the bank.
If everyone here don’t believe what you are saying, then I am an exception. You have given enough details, beyond what an outsider in business would naturally know.
Starting a business is usually the challenging part. Once that areas of opportunity is discovered, the rest is about marginal growth and trimming the fat.
You are doing well!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by adonainana: 8:27pm On Mar 11, 2023
jedisco:

You talk too much.

The question you should be asking is 'how'. Then you now breakdown and see if it's possible or not.

Yes its better to talk too much than to come online and be lying to people up and down

For these reasons, and If you bothered reading through my initial reply, how i already told you why it is not possible.

Once again, it is NOT POSSIBLE FOR an immigrant to legally make 300k pounds in a country such as the UK in 5 years .

1. High taxation, low earnings
2. Multiple taxation in the context of capital gains tax, ( tax on selling a property that has appreciated in value )/ corporation tax ( tax on business ) . National insurance ( tax on self employed and employed )
3. income tax
4. High cost of living eg in London the capital, it is ridicolous sometimes how much you will pay just to be able to live wiht 5 other people sharing the same bathroom and toilet.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by dupyshoo: 9:34pm On Mar 11, 2023
What do you mean by legally make 300k pounds? Do you mean take home? If yes, it is possible but not common. I know a couple with take home of over 150k yearly after tax and they have so many properties all around UK as well. They are both contractors.
So, it is possible
adonainana:

Yes its better to talk too much than to come online and be lying to people up and down

For these reasons, and If you bothered reading through my initial reply, how i already told you why it is not possible.

Once again, it is NOT POSSIBLE FOR an immigrant to legally make 300k pounds in a country such as the UK in 5 years .

1. High taxation, low earnings
2. Multiple taxation in the context of capital gains tax, ( tax on selling a property that has appreciated in value )/ corporation tax ( tax on business ) . National insurance ( tax on self employed and employed )
3. income tax
4. High cost of living eg in London the capital, it is ridicolous sometimes how much you will pay just to be able to live wiht 5 other people sharing the same bathroom and toilet.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Yankari Games Reserves In Bauchi In Pictures / Car Carrying Another Car In Ketu, Lagos / Lagos The Beautiful (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.