Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,886 members, 7,810,403 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy (23922 Views)

Malami: I Never Instructed EFCC, CCB To Begin Fresh Case Against Tinubu / Malami: I Didn’t Buy ₦300 Million Abuja House For My Son / Malami: "I Deliberately Referred To Abacha Loot As "Abacha's Assets" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by magoo10(m): 8:28pm On Mar 05, 2023
omurphy23456:
Let him disobey if it does not end him in Jail. CBN gov. Emefele will always be remembered in Nigeria history for causing Nigerian's untold hardship.

If there must be change ,we must pay a price
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by completeskills: 8:30pm On Mar 05, 2023
Kei144:

The order was never on the CBN governoer, but rather on the FG.

Who is the FG? Is the CBN not part of the FG? When push comes to shove who will give the directive for the former decision to be rescinded? That man needs to spend some few days behind bars.
His reasons for this stubborn decision defies economic logic.

1 Like

Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by Love800(m): 8:34pm On Mar 05, 2023
Useless people

Nigeria just happaned to me

Unfortunately i didnt stock my house.

Am in a bad mood
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by holocron: 8:37pm On Mar 05, 2023
Ofunaofu:
The old notes are no longer legal tender

The supreme Court is not in charge of monetary policies

Be careful what you wish for. I know you are an Obidient.
If you support federal government disobedience of supreme court, what hope do you have of justice in the presidential election litigation, even if supreme court pronounced LP or PDP winner after evidence of fraud is provided to the court?
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by Onyiiobi7735(m): 8:39pm On Mar 05, 2023
Buhari and Emefiele are the worst calamities to befall Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by Invest4growth: 8:40pm On Mar 05, 2023
Malami is a joke of a lawyer not the least a SAN. Why would the chief law officer vomit this annoying statement. You are bringing the court into disrepute by your actions..There is no monetary policy in respecting decision of the supreme court. Why are you a wingless attorney general when you cannot advise the government aright Is this government going to kill this economy totally all because of crude oil is being lifted daily. This damage to the economy is annoying and painful
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by kutashi: 8:43pm On Mar 05, 2023
Exactly!
And the matter is even simple!
CBN should just issue a statement that nothing new with status quo and that the old note still in existence with new note. Anybody with old note can proceed to CBN to change his/her cash but commercial banks will not collect old note.
Awon ole! They all have abundant old note at home!
Who noticed that banditry, kidnapping and even police extortion is almost zero now!
But those judges know they won't be able to collect bribe as it will be easily traceable!
magoo10:
The supreme court which can be bought by any highest bidder cannot oversee the CBN monetary policy.

What we expect the supreme court governors to do is put pressure on the central bank to make available more cash of the new notes in the systems and help sensitize the citizenry on the cashless policy if they are sincere because it is a good one.

Who are those still having the old notes? Looters
Shame on the judges

2 Likes

Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by AngelicBeing: 8:45pm On Mar 05, 2023
sad
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by eben97: 8:46pm On Mar 05, 2023
magoo10:
The supreme court which can be bought by any highest bidder cannot oversee the CBN monetary policy.

What we expect the supreme court governors to do is put pressure on the central bank to make available more cash of the new notes in the systems and help sensitize the citizenry on the cashless policy if they are sincere because it is a good one.

Shame on the judges
this is d same question i hav been asking for over 2 weeks now.how many average nigerian have up to #10,000 in sum of d old notes? virtually none safe d elites who purposely kept in to buy votes m ensure slavery remains.we only need more supply of new notes in d system but that wont be until after sat election and theres nothing any court or person can do about that now. d power given to d president of nig by d constitution is quite dangerous

2 Likes

Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by bola4dprec(m): 8:47pm On Mar 05, 2023
Truepen:
Beloved, can any kind hearted person please assist me with little money to get drugs. Am seriously down with malaria and typhoid, and I don't have a dime on me to eat or buy medicine am running temperature please.cant die in silence please help me in any little way. May God meet you at the point of your needs, amen.
Please my name is Angel
G.TBank
Betting addiction
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by eben97: 8:48pm On Mar 05, 2023
[quote author=magoo10 post=121492302]The supreme court which can be bought by any highest bidder cannot oversee the CBN monetary policy.

Shame on the judges[/quotNO TRUE NIG HAS, ONLY D LEADERS
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by blowjohn(m): 8:50pm On Mar 05, 2023
To see 100 naira today hard me
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by Ofunaofu: 8:55pm On Mar 05, 2023
holocron:

Be careful what you wish for. I know you are an Obidient.
If you support federal government disobedience of supreme court, what hope do you have of justice in the presidential election litigation, even if supreme court pronounced LP or PDP winner after evidence of fraud is provided to the court?

Nnamdi Kanu have been set free by the court, why are you all not compelling the FG to obey the court order

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by chisky02: 9:00pm On Mar 05, 2023
Goodconcept78:
cheesy
we are talking about Nigeria and how we can move forward and you are busy talking about tribal issues, who cares, If Nigeria work it is for all of us if it fails it is for all of us so continue.
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by wolebest: 9:03pm On Mar 05, 2023
Biodun556:

https://thenationonlineng.net/s-court-naira-judgment-i-cant-advise-on-monetary-policy-says-malami/

Why are people in government just playing with human lives in Nigeria?

It seems a devil has entered into them to be anti people. ....... wickedness in high places.

A lot of financial distress in the land and the president is unconcerned about the inconveniences.

2 Likes

Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by xtivin(m): 9:12pm On Mar 05, 2023
Blaze14k:
This policy by the cbn governor is a good one buh because tinubu has successfully politicized the policy they have hit the waterloo. I believe tinubu is now lookin for who to shift the blame when things starts going wrong
Use your head now, because it's Supreme Court means anyone can get order to perform a duty contrary to his fundamental right? can Supreme Court compel me to sleep with my wife? This country na cruise I swear, the Judiciary is now a mockery thanks to this evil government. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by Boldkrammy: 9:20pm On Mar 05, 2023
Cashless policy is about reducing the paper currency in circulation while encouraging use of alternative channels. It helps in curbing so many fraudlent activities and abuse of the notes.

Get used to the fact that, cashless policy has come to stay. Change your orientation and key into it. Shikena! Even Tinumbu can't change it till the next 8-10 years again. The old notes are gone . Even if you jail Emefiele, the deed is done.

1 Like

Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by Buhari4sale: 9:44pm On Mar 05, 2023
MuchAdo:
These people are playing with jail angry

Are you okay

Obviously nope
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by figment232(m): 9:47pm On Mar 05, 2023
lexy2014:

Who is the highest bidder you referring?

How did you come to your conclusion that the supreme court wants to "oversee" the CBNs monetary policy?

How do you know that it's only looters who are in possession of old naira notes?

Can you tell us what is wrong with the supreme court's judgement?
It's obvious my friend ...check out Lawan and Akpabio case
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by Kukutenla: 9:48pm On Mar 05, 2023
lexy2014:

How did you come to your conclusion that the supreme court wants to "oversee" the CBNs monetary policy?

How do you know that it's only looters who are in possession of old naira notes?

Why are you asking all these silly questions?
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by lexy2014: 9:49pm On Mar 05, 2023
Kukutenla:

Why are you asking all these silly questions?

Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by lexy2014: 9:51pm On Mar 05, 2023
figment232:
It's obvious my friend ...check out Lawan and Akpabio case

That still leaves these questions unanswered.

Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by Kukutenla: 9:51pm On Mar 05, 2023
lexy2014:

Take Coartem and sleep
You'll feel better when you wake
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by Blaze14k: 9:52pm On Mar 05, 2023
xtivin:

Use your head now, because it's Supreme Court means anyone can get order to perform a duty contrary to his fundamental right? can Supreme Court compel me to sleep with my wife? This country na cruise I swear, the Judiciary is now a mockery thanks to this evil government. angry

Im not in support of case filed against the naira policy. Tinubu is simply using the supreme court to gain people sympathy and it worked. Untill buhari steps down then will know tinubu's decision on the supreme court ruling. For now malami is trying dissaociate himself from the letter presented to him by the supreme court to give his final verdict as the attorney general of the federation.
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by lexy2014: 9:52pm On Mar 05, 2023
Kukutenla:

Take Coartem and sleep
You'll feel better when you wake

Can yu tell us what is wrong with the supreme court's judgement?
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by lexy2014: 9:54pm On Mar 05, 2023
Blaze14k:

Im not in support of case filed against the naira policy. Tinubu is simply using the supreme court to gain people sympathy and it worked. Untill buhari steps down then will know tinubu's decision on the supreme court ruling. For now malami is trying dissaociate himself from the letter presented to him by the supreme court to give his final verdict as the attorney general of the federation.

What are your fundamental rights with regards Emefieles naira policy?

Did CBN/FG fulfil their constitutional responsibilities with regards the so called naira policy?
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by Kukutenla: 9:56pm On Mar 05, 2023
lexy2014:

Can yu tell us what is wrong with the supreme court's judgement?

Keep repeating your yeye questions like you nor get work
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by lexy2014: 9:59pm On Mar 05, 2023
Boldkrammy:
Cashless policy is about reducing the paper currency in circulation while encouraging use of alternative channels. It helps in curbing so many fraudlent activities and abuse of the notes.

Get used to the fact that, cashless policy has come to stay. Change your orientation and key into it. Shikena! Even Tinumbu can't change it till the next 8-10 years again. The old notes are gone . Even if you jail Emefiele, the deed is done.

Did CBN/FG fulfil their constitutional responsibilities with regards the so called naira policy?

Why would the CBN want to reduce paper currency in circulation?

How does reducing paper currency in circulation reduce fraudulent activities and abuse of the naira?

What are those fraudulent activities?

How does creating naira scarcity achieve the objectives you have mentioned?

Has creating scarcity improved the living standards of Nigerians?
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by lexy2014: 10:00pm On Mar 05, 2023
Kukutenla:

Keep repeating your yeye questions like you nor get work

1. Who is the highest bidder you referring?

2. How did you come to your conclusion that the supreme court wants to "oversee" the CBNs monetary policy?

3. How do you know that it's only looters who are in possession of old naira notes?

4. Can yu tell us what is wrong with the supreme court's judgement?
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by lexy2014: 10:03pm On Mar 05, 2023
Ofunaofu:
The old notes are no longer legal tender

The supreme Court is not in charge of monetary policies

Can you explain how the CBN was created in d first place?
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by Blaze14k: 10:06pm On Mar 05, 2023
lexy2014:

Obviously the policy failed because they didnt plan it very well and nigeria is yet ready for cashless transactions. The western countries are slowly transforming into cbdc and some bank no longer function as usual and there citizens are not complaining. Nigeria is not yet ready for it
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by abimic(m): 10:12pm On Mar 05, 2023
You guys better accept your shambolic policy implementation and return to status quo.

For once I was forced to agree to the disposition of Keyamo that the president ought to have exercise restrain than coming on air to announce a policy implementation that portrays him as a dictator, even after the apex court gave a ruling.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stop Leaving Charms In My Court - Justice Hakeem Oshodi Warns Public / Diaspora Nigerians Acquire Offloaded Assets Of Migrating Youths / "I Cannot Thank You Enough For Being My Pillar Of Support" - Sanwo-olu To Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.