Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,003 members, 7,821,518 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy (23952 Views)

Malami: I Never Instructed EFCC, CCB To Begin Fresh Case Against Tinubu / Malami: I Didn’t Buy ₦300 Million Abuja House For My Son / Malami: "I Deliberately Referred To Abacha Loot As "Abacha's Assets" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by Buckeyemedia1: 7:33pm On Mar 05, 2023
Ofunaofu:
The old notes are no longer legal tender

The supreme Court is not in charge of monetary policies
Correct, but the problem is that due process wasn’t adhered to in the order by The President & CBN.

Notwithstanding the harm has already been done, Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.

Old currency is history.
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by DJBIGGY(m): 7:33pm On Mar 05, 2023
amnesty7:
The CBN governor is confused. The so-called cabal cannot help him now that those he worked against have won both the elections and the court case.

If you know the mind games this government is playing on you.... You will never take sides on any policy or drama unfolding. Nothing will happen to emefiele. He's just a pawn used to achieve objectives beyond what you see on the surface level

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by leisuretym: 7:34pm On Mar 05, 2023
Quacks !!

But you dey enforce!
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by nedu666: 7:37pm On Mar 05, 2023
If emefiele and malami are confused, wat of buhari is he also confused. All these nonsense can end overnight by a single order from buhari but wen an incompetent man doesn't know he is incompetent wahala dey

1 Like

Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 05, 2023
The Supreme Court has no Jurisdiction to look into that case , they are saying the President did not compile with certain guidelines and tetantives went beyonds their powers to set a December deadline. If you say the President action is Ultra Vile , you should also tell us where you got your powers to decide on monetary issues. The law works on precedents and the President would be so guided to remove the viel from Madam Justice eyes if need be.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by Buckeyemedia1: 7:39pm On Mar 05, 2023
DJBIGGY:

If you know the mind games this government is playing on you.... You will never take sides on any policy or drama unfolding. Nothing will happen to emefiele. He's just a pawn used to achieve objectives beyond what you see on the surface level
Anyone that is waiting for CBN to implement any Supreme Court decision is living in illusion.

No old currency they have all been destroyed.

1 Like

Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by truthhurtsnaira: 7:39pm On Mar 05, 2023
Follow court order Malami
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by Buckeyemedia1: 7:40pm On Mar 05, 2023
nedu666:
If emefiele and malami are confused, wat of buhari is he also confused. All these nonsense can end overnight by a single order from buhari but wen an incompetent man doesn't know he is incompetent wahala dey
No old currency, they have been destroyed, nothing will change.

2 Likes

Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by NwokoloOwa: 7:41pm On Mar 05, 2023
Nobody said you should advise on an monetary nonsense. Just advise the President to obey the Supreme Court judgment or you don't know Law too?
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by Blaze14k: 7:42pm On Mar 05, 2023
This policy by the cbn governor is a good one buh because tinubu has successfully politicized the policy they have hit the waterloo. I believe tinubu is now lookin for who to shift the blame when things starts going wrong

1 Like

Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by nedu666: 7:47pm On Mar 05, 2023
Buckeyemedia1:

Who told u they hve been destroyed. Is it that simple to destroy 2 trillion. My dad retired from cbn they don't just destroy money like that. That's why u keep seeing dead notes and notes printed 10 years ago.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by yaki84: 7:47pm On Mar 05, 2023
What the govrs should be harping now is how to make CBN make the new notes available and save nigerians all these stress of supreme injustice.

Tomorrow now, one mad man will approach supreme court to fix Monetary rate below or above what it should be, and they will foolishly entertain the case.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by Ventura1: 7:48pm On Mar 05, 2023
Malami is scared of the Aandoaka treatment
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by BigIyanga: 7:50pm On Mar 05, 2023
He’s a legal adviser not a monetary policy adviser

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by Luckysbab: 7:50pm On Mar 05, 2023
Ofunaofu:
The old notes are no longer legal tender

The supreme Court is not in charge of monetary policies

So where are the new notes that have come to "replace" them?
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by popesco123: 7:51pm On Mar 05, 2023
Your poverty infested papa and anyone in your family can never attain obi level.

quote author=IyaebeTheGreat post=121492152] Same as Obi grin[/quote]
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by ORIENTATION101: 7:51pm On Mar 05, 2023
Buckeyemedia1:
over 2trn have been destroyed cheesycheesy
If it is that easy a lot of old currencies since 2008 would have been extinct by now.

Those old notes are still lying down in commercial banks and CBN vaults.

1 Like

Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by BrutusOj(m): 7:52pm On Mar 05, 2023
amnesty7:
The CBN governor is confused. The so-called cabal cannot help him now that those he worked against have won both the elections and the court case.
Can you explain how the CBN governor work against the APC but not against the Buhari led regime? Are you indirectly telling us that those hiding money in water tanks and home made vaults are all in the APC?
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by Ellasure: 7:52pm On Mar 05, 2023
Why is it so difficult for some people to accept the supreme court judgements and move on.

These people should realise that power is very transient and should be used carefully before you spoil the future of your children and families. The Bible says a good name is better than much riches.

We Nigerians are suffering from your hard hearted decisions particularly this your monetary inventions which is not found in any reasonable country anywhere.

We the People awaits your change of heart asap.

1 Like

Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by Gabby84: 7:52pm On Mar 05, 2023
This is the last wickedness buhari has for Nigerians
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by baralatie(m): 8:00pm On Mar 05, 2023
Emefiele oya give yasef advice
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by infogeneral: 8:06pm On Mar 05, 2023
I except the Supreme court on Monday to issue a warrant of arrest on Emefiele for contempt of court.
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by Ofunaofu: 8:07pm On Mar 05, 2023
MuchAdo:
These people are playing with jail angry

Are you okay

Who will send who to jail

Infact, Tinubu should first go to jail for being in possession of a stolen mandate
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by dbestuncle: 8:07pm On Mar 05, 2023
Where is the new notes? Do you have them? Even the ATMs at CBN Offices don't have them.
Are you also not aware that the CBN couldn't print more of the new money.

Why do you want your hatred for the few politicians who have embezzled our common purse make you take off your mind away from your suffering n that of the ordinary Nigerians who has lost their lives, businesses and have had to suffer set backs in one way or the other

magoo10:
The supreme court which can be bought by any highest bidder cannot oversee the CBN monetary policy.

What we expect the supreme court governors to do is put pressure on the central bank to make available more cash of the new notes in the systems and help sensitize the citizenry on the cashless policy if they are sincere.

Who are those still having the old notes? Looters
Shame on the judges

1 Like

Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by magoo10(m): 8:13pm On Mar 05, 2023
dbestuncle:
Where is the new notes? Do you have them? Even the ATMs at CBN Offices don't have them.
Are you also not aware that the CBN couldn't print more of the new money.

Why do you want your hatred for the few politicians who have embezzled our common purse make you take off your mind away from your suffering n that of the ordinary Nigerians who has lost their lives, businesses and have had to suffer set backs in one way or the other

There must be a price for positive developments.
The governors should use that energy they used in fighting for continue use of old notes to pressure the cbn to print new notes and make it available to Nigerians as per the cashless policy which obviously is a good one.

1 Like

Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by Drsnives(m): 8:15pm On Mar 05, 2023
amnesty7:

Obi and children of hate are more confused grin
Many of them are doing well in their individual lives..we only want a better Nigeria.
As for election riggers and those in support of it may judgement not depart from their house hold.. can I hear a loud Amen

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by Kei144(m): 8:20pm On Mar 05, 2023
infogeneral:
I except the Supreme court on Monday to issue a warrant of arrest on Emefiele for contempt of court.

The order was never on the CBN governoer, but rather on the FG.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by completeskills: 8:21pm On Mar 05, 2023
In a sane country...once supreme court has given verdict...no clarification is needed again. The president created this precedence of holding the court in contempt.
Court verdict is only binding on the poor man.

1 Like

Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by ernestnyong: 8:22pm On Mar 05, 2023
Malami and co you guys don't have any other thing to do.other than to obey the supreme court order. don't be confused go ahead and announced to the public the use of old note.
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by omurphy23456: 8:27pm On Mar 05, 2023
Let him disobey if it does not end him in Jail. CBN gov. Emefele will always be remembered in Nigeria history for causing Nigerian's untold hardship.

magoo10:
The supreme court which can be bought by any highest bidder cannot oversee the CBN monetary policy.

What we expect the supreme court governors to do is put pressure on the central bank to make available more cash of the new notes in the systems and help sensitize the citizenry on the cashless policy if they are sincere.

Who are those still having the old notes? Looters
Shame on the judges

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019: Mass Defection Looms In APC Following PMB's Second Term Declaration. / Shettima: We Will End Insurgency In Six Months / Ireti Kingibe: Nigeria Not Fixable As I Thought, I'm Sure Tinubu Is Shocked Too

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.