Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy (23961 Views)

Malami: I Never Instructed EFCC, CCB To Begin Fresh Case Against Tinubu / Malami: I Didn’t Buy ₦300 Million Abuja House For My Son / Malami: "I Deliberately Referred To Abacha Loot As "Abacha's Assets" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by Boldkrammy: 10:25pm On Mar 05, 2023
lexy2014:

What are your fundamental rights with regards Emefieles naira policy?

Did CBN/FG fulfil their constitutional responsibilities with regards the so called naira policy?

Why would the CBN want to reduce paper currency in circulation?

How does reducing paper currency in circulation reduce fraudulent activities and abuse of the naira?

What are those fraudulent activities?

How does creating naira scarcity achieve the objectives you have mentioned?

Has creating scarcity improved the living standards of Nigerians?
I have told you the truth, your fundamental right and all that on monetary policy is overtaken by the authority vested on CBN governor. He decides and not even the supreme Court can override it. Tell the executive to ament the CBN act first.

1 Like

Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by figment232(m): 10:29pm On Mar 05, 2023
lexy2014:

That still leaves these questions unanswered.

Who is the highest bidder you referring?

How did you come to your conclusion that the supreme court wants to "oversee" the CBNs monetary policy?

How do you know that it's only looters who are in possession of old naira notes?

Can you tell us what is wrong with the supreme court's judgement?
The appellants
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by sunnnnyuu(m): 10:31pm On Mar 05, 2023
Biodun556:

https://thenationonlineng.net/s-court-naira-judgment-i-cant-advise-on-monetary-policy-says-malami/
So Malami today you can't advice your principal on monetary policy? Okay Tinubu is coming for you, you will not escape the evil you do to masses just because you want Atiku to win plunge us into the mess we are facing now? Thank God Atiku fail so prepare to leave the country because Asiwaju will not pardon you.
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by lexy2014: 10:34pm On Mar 05, 2023
Boldkrammy:

I have told you the truth, your fundamental right and all that on monetary policy is overtaken by the authority vested on CBN governor. He decides and not even the supreme Court can override it. Tell the executive to ament the CBN act first.

Kindly answer the questions.

1. What are your fundamental rights with regards Emefieles naira policy?

2. Did CBN/FG fulfil their constitutional responsibilities with regards the so called naira policy?

3 Why would the CBN want to reduce paper currency in circulation?

4. How does reducing paper currency in circulation reduce fraudulent activities and abuse of the naira?

5. What are those fraudulent activities?

6. How does creating naira scarcity achieve the objectives you have mentioned?

7. Has creating scarcity improved the living standards of Nigerians?
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by lexy2014: 10:35pm On Mar 05, 2023
figment232:
The appellants

Kindly answer the following.

Who is the highest bidder you referring?

How did you come to your conclusion that the supreme court wants to "oversee" the CBNs monetary policy?

How do you know that it's only looters who are in possession of old naira notes?

Can you tell us what is wrong with the supreme court's judgement?
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by Kukutenla: 11:00pm On Mar 05, 2023
lexy2014:

[s]1. Who is the highest bidder you referring?

2. How did you come to your conclusion that the supreme court wants to "oversee" the CBNs monetary policy?

3. How do you know that it's only looters who are in possession of old naira notes?

4. Can yu tell us what is wrong with the supreme court's judgement?[/s]
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by OLULAW: 11:01pm On Mar 05, 2023
Bunch of inept public officials with title enough to cross the Atlantic Ocean from Africa to North America.
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by ozo13(m): 12:17am On Mar 06, 2023
magoo10:
The supreme court which can be bought by any highest bidder cannot oversee the CBN monetary policy.

What we expect the supreme court governors to do is put pressure on the central bank to make available more cash of the new notes in the systems and help sensitize the citizenry on the cashless policy if they are sincere because it is a good one.

Who are those still having the old notes? Looters
Shame on the judges
😂 no vex.post electoral grief is allowed. Anyone Among them that misbehave now will be dealt with accordingly.Buhari will not save any of them when He finally finish his tenure.make them borrow themselves brain now else they r on their own ooo.Let me stop here.
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by Neye412(m): 12:27am On Mar 06, 2023
magoo10:
The supreme court which can be bought by any highest bidder cannot oversee the CBN monetary policy.

What we expect the supreme court governors to do is put pressure on the central bank to make available more cash of the new notes in the systems and help sensitize the citizenry on the cashless policy if they are sincere because it is a good one.

Shame on the judges

You are a big shame to yourself and your family at large. Aren’t we under a democratic rule? Should the rule of law be flouted under a democratic rule and you think there won’t be anarchy in the land? Buhari the lukewarm will overreach his constitutional powers by flouting the Supreme Court judgement which is a law on it own and must be respected by all and sundry.
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by ozo13(m): 12:30am On Mar 06, 2023
Boldkrammy:

😂 , no worry when another govt take over , I t will be fully reversed according to supreme court order.CBN meddle into politics which obviously is wrong.
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by Neye412(m): 12:48am On Mar 06, 2023
magoo10:
Majority of those in possession of the old notes are the ones who took the fg and cbn to court.
the ordinary nigerian out there have taken their to the bank.

What we expect the supreme court governors to do is put pressure on the central bank to make available more cash in the systems and help sensitize the citizenry on the cashless policy if they are sincere.

the cashless policy is a good one for the economy and i give kudos to buhari if he will stand by it.

So you make any sense t yourself at all? You are advising Buhari to be unruly and a dictator. Someone like you if given opportunity will be worse off compared to a tyrant. No level of emotion or a senseless imaginative thought from people like you should make anyone including the president disobey the rule of law.
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by astonished: 1:05am On Mar 06, 2023
DJBIGGY:

I can bet you, Emefiele will spend more time in detention than Nnamdi Kanu,

If you know the mind games this government is playing on you.... You will never take sides on any policy or drama unfolding. Nothing will happen to emefiele. He's just a pawn used to achieve objectives beyond what you see on the surface level
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by shidaa: 1:11am On Mar 06, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Same as Obi grin

Leave OBI out of your failed A p c government. How can you be in power and be blaming someone else. Go get something doing. Idol man

1 Like

Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by oyeb15: 1:26am On Mar 06, 2023
Only looters still have d old notes
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by holocron: 1:30am On Mar 06, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Nnamdi Kanu have been set free by the court, why are you all not compelling the FG to obey the court order

Disobedience of supreme court order on Nnamdi Kanu is wrong and is condemnable and has been condemned by many. Two wrongs cannot make a right. If a first wrong has been committed, supporting a second wrong cannot correct the first wrong, the injury will still remain. The sure bet is to condemn the second and the First. Condemn and fight all wrongs.

The supreme court may get it wrong a few times but it can't be wrong all or even most of the time, as you have attested from the case of Nnamdi Kanu whom the FG wanted to persecute using the court, but the court freed him. If you destroy the credibility of the supreme court then where lies the check on the rascality of the executive when it is drunk with power?

1 Like

Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by Bfly: 1:50am On Mar 06, 2023
Perhaps, Malami is cluelessly diplomatic and blind.
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by aestake: 2:08am On Mar 06, 2023
MuchAdo:
These people are playing with jail angry

Are you okay
Jail in Nigeria or UK?
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by Brushstrokes20: 2:13am On Mar 06, 2023
Such a LAWLESS, LIFELESS, HEARTLESS, govt of self serving simpletons!..
Their long overdue WATERLOO beckons undecided
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by Decive: 2:34am On Mar 06, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Everything shall be alright soon

Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by adanny01(m): 8:37am On Mar 06, 2023
magoo10:

Shame on the judges

Imagine what the supreme court has done. Even ruling against 20k withdrawal limit is like saying any limit is illegal.

I think, Buhari needs to ask the Supreme court to just bring out their full monetary policy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by Ray02: 8:43am On Mar 06, 2023
This governors are confused really. You are accusing Emefiele of being behind the policy, and asking the FG to comply. I don't understand, are they not supposed to be asking Emefiele to comply
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by Incridible2000: 9:02am On Mar 06, 2023
When you vote into power who are incompetent people and this is what you get. Nigeria is going back every single day as a result of bad voting in 2015. If buhari never came to power all this heku heku dem occupying important offices wouldn't have been here taking very bad decisions damaging every secto in the country. now their comes another one tinubu,what do we expect? I don't know! The next 8yrs will be interesting because nigeria will see an upgraded version of buhari.quote author=Biodun556 post=121492039]
https://thenationonlineng.net/s-court-naira-judgment-i-cant-advise-on-monetary-policy-says-malami/
[/quote]
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by 0monnak0da: 10:21am On Mar 06, 2023
Foreign investors will not put their money in a country where the president can overrule the court
Is it not embarrassing that the Nigerian government is engaged in court cases in London and New York with the likes of Shell,P&O
Court orders must be obeyed otherwise we pay a huge price like we have done in several embarrassing cases outside the country
Re: Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy by Boldkrammy: 9:54am On Mar 09, 2023
ozo13:
😂 , no worry when another govt take over , I t will be fully reversed according to supreme court order.CBN meddle into politics which obviously is wrong.

Unfortunately it's politicians that are meddling into monetary policies for their selfish gains which is wrong. Forget partisan politics, look inward and see how many kidnapping happened within this time.if all ransoms are to be paid through a bank account, guess what?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking News. Heavy Gunfire Right Now In Bayelsa. / Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang / Jonathan, Wife, Dickson Pay Tribute To Deceased Bayelsa Female Politicians (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.