Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,803 members, 7,813,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

Can You Still Travel Back To Nigeria With An Expired Passport? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can You Still Travel Back To Nigeria With An Expired Passport? (2125 Views)

Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport / Traveling To Nigeria With An Expired Nigerian Passport / Should I Still Travel To The USA? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Still Travel Back To Nigeria With An Expired Passport? by MrLoL(m): 8:47pm On Mar 05, 2023
Hi
Can you still travel back to Lagos Nigeria with an expired Nigerian passport?
I will be arriving on the 26th of March
My British one is Valid till 2028
Thanks
Re: Can You Still Travel Back To Nigeria With An Expired Passport? by ramafama: 9:52pm On Mar 05, 2023
Yes I travelled with an expired Nigerian passport and a valid UK passport last year. I flew into Lagos with Virgin. I had already done my biometrics for a new Nigerian passport in the UK so I took all the evidence with me.
I had no problem at Heathrow. I had no problem on entry. I was asked by the immigration officer if I knew my passport was expired I replied yes. He stamped it or whatever he did and handed it back.
On departure from Lagos, Virgin Atlantic marked my luggage with green tags and said as my passport was expired they may need to pull my luggage out if immigration said so.
I went to immigration and was asked if I had applied for a new Nigerian passport. I said I had an I was asked to show my application form. I went one better and showed my acknowledgement slip which showed I had done my biometrics. He let me through.
Another person I know travelled end of January 2023 with an expired passport and a valid UK passport. She too flew on Virgin.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Still Travel Back To Nigeria With An Expired Passport? by Oyetboy(m): 10:38pm On Mar 05, 2023
You can always enter your country with an expired passport from anywhere in the world.... But to leave the country it has to renewed

3 Likes

Re: Can You Still Travel Back To Nigeria With An Expired Passport? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 05, 2023
Get an emergency travel certificate/ Nigerian temporary passport from the Nigerian embassy in London

1 Like

Re: Can You Still Travel Back To Nigeria With An Expired Passport? by MrLoL(m): 11:39pm On Mar 05, 2023
How can I renew in Nigeria when I'm only there for 5 days?
Re: Can You Still Travel Back To Nigeria With An Expired Passport? by MrLoL(m): 11:40pm On Mar 05, 2023
ramafama:
Yes I travelled with an expired Nigerian passport and a valid UK passport last year. I flew into Lagos with Virgin. I had already done my biometrics for a new Nigerian passport in the UK so I took all the evidence with me.
I had no problem at Heathrow. I had no problem on entry. I was asked by the immigration officer if I knew my passport was expired I replied yes. He stamped it or whatever he did and handed it back.
On departure from Lagos, Virgin Atlantic marked my luggage with green tags and said as my passport was expired they may need to pull my luggage out if immigration said so.
I went to immigration and was asked if I had applied for a new Nigerian passport. I said I had an I was asked to show my application form. I went one better and showed my acknowledgement slip which showed I had done my biometrics. He let me through.
Another person I know travelled end of January 2023 with an expired passport and a valid UK passport. She too flew on Virgin.

Thanks for this. I really don't see how they can stop you traveling if you have an unexpired British Passport?

(1) (Reply)

Flight Reservations / Out Of Curiosity....... North Korea!!! / Please Help Me In Making A Decision Turkey Or Egypt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.