Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,312 members, 7,819,064 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng - Webmasters (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng (49665 Views)

Photos: Lagos State Government Website (lagosstate.gov.ng) Has Been Hacked / 509 Bandwidth Limit Exceeded - Nscdc.gov.ng / We Present To You, The (voluntarily) Redesigned Nigeria.gov.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by ShyOne(f): 10:16pm On Oct 19, 2011
@ data

think what you want to think - but I don't do drugs

if you didn't create it - since you posted it - hopefully you have some type of input on its creation and you can make some suggestion to whoever did create it - (is that better wording for you?) - the point is it is too convoluted and overcrowded - the content is great but its presentation is not good.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 19, 2011
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by yawatide(f): 11:35pm On Oct 19, 2011
@shy-one thanks for the compliments

@all4naija I have been struggling with where to put that FB icon. Maybe I should move it to directly below the church logo, on the left?

@all Please stop diluting this thread. Let it focus on the nigeria.gov.ng redesign project until it is launched. Moderators, wey una dey?
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by Nobody: 12:15am On Oct 20, 2011
@yawa-ti-de

Placing the Facebook icon beneath the logo at left the handside of the header doesn't actually make any difference. Just make a bigger footwrapper as big as the header and make a list which will include the facebook, twitter,etc icons close the texts.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by yamakuza: 12:55am On Oct 20, 2011
all4naija:

@yawa-ti-de

Placing the Facebook icon beneath the logo at left the handside of the header doesn't actually make any difference. Just make a bigger footwrapper as big as the header and make a list which will include the facebook, twitter,etc icons close the texts.

How about after the Contact Us ?

You could also place small FaceBook, Twitter and Youtube icons beside Church Schedule or under the picture before Rosary
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by Nobody: 1:09am On Oct 20, 2011
^^^
Close to the contact looks odd. If there is search engine maybe they can be placed above it in texts with very small icons close by.

You can easily make it a popup! It comes up as one hover mouse on any images on the page.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by dhtml1(m): 6:04am On Oct 20, 2011
^^^caramba! You guys should make person hear word naa? una dey disturb my sleep jare tongue
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by webprof1: 12:33pm On Oct 20, 2011
@yawa, your email address is not displayed on your profile. pls make it visible so i can mail you asap or email me at hiddentreasure2k5@yahoo.com and i will mail the info as requested . I will like to work as an SEO.

@databoy, nddc.gov.ng is a very nice, its a very good work. oyostate.gov.ng is a money miss road project. just accessed it and it sucks, complete image, no navigation, where there exist one. its a deadlink, the graphics is perfect, but how can the designer be so (, ). You will be amazed by the time to hear the cost at which the contract is awarded. EFCC should go after the state government and the contractor.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by yawatide(f): 12:43pm On Oct 20, 2011
@all4naija: Didn't quite get you on your last post. As for the 2nd to the last one, if I understand you, I would rather it be in the header as many might not bother scrolling to the bottom.

@yamakuza: If I put it where you suggest, then it will only be on the home page. I need the icon (they only have FB for now) to be global

@all: Thanks for your input regarding the church site.  As you may know, I seldom post stuff that I do but I was compelled to, to make a point about where this tangent started off from.

@web_prof: your request has been granted
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 20, 2011
@yawa-ti-de

I probably wrote that comment while multitasking or when I was feeling sleepy.

However,you should try to add a search engine with about 80 to 100 px  just below the nav  and place the Facebook, twitter, etc links with small icons horizontally at the opposite direction.

Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by yawatide(f): 3:16pm On Oct 20, 2011
Okay, I see what you mean now. A picture speaks a thousands words, as they say smiley

The client doesn't need a search function but if he does, I will definitely take you up on your suggestion.

Thanks once again.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 20, 2011
@yawa-ti-de

Notwithstanding, you can create a bar for announcement with the social network links in that area if search bar is not needed by your client.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by yawatide(f): 4:18pm On Oct 20, 2011
Yep, and there are other ways of skinning the cat as well.

The "Problem"? Graphical mock up and site features were approved in advance. Anything else I do would end up being done for free. So, unless he brings it up and a change order is approved, I am compelled, as greedy as it may sound, not to do anything else to the site. I am je-je-ly awaiting final approval so I can move the files to the root and get my remaining balance tongue

Once again, thanks for your observations and suggestions. I will use them for my future clients cheesy
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by gorimapa1(m): 9:21pm On Oct 20, 2011
So we now have even cats on this thread? Na wa o - do i have to apply for backend development again? Since i seem to have a hyper-dynamic NL handle.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by webprof1: 4:52am On Oct 21, 2011
@yawa, am still waiting for your approval on the facebook group page and for your reply on what to do next. pls fill me in as appropriate.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by yawatide(f): 11:40am On Oct 21, 2011
web_prof:
You've been added. Sorry about that. Please bear in mind that there is a -6 hour difference b/w us so my responses might seem "delayed".

Thanks,
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by yawatide(f): 12:20pm On Oct 23, 2011
Weekly Update:

clementcro is currently coding the html for the 3 needed pages. If all goes well, the code can be submitted to the back end developers by October 25, 2011.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 23, 2011
Caramba! At long last. Hmmn, i wonder if. . . .
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by Obichijioke(m): 10:18pm On Oct 23, 2011
Guys check out my website, http://chizony.com
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by bouzymill2: 11:20pm On Oct 23, 2011
With regards to the designer of Oyo State Website, You are (or going to make) a very good UI designer, but please outsource the front-end development to a very good Front-end developer to turn that to a functioning website.

Leaving it that way offends the practice of web design and hinders the accolades you're supposed to receive.

My opinion.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by nakelhost: 10:13am On Oct 24, 2011
When is the project commencing
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by yawatide(f): 11:08am On Oct 24, 2011
Which project? If you are referring to the nigeria.gov.ng redesign project, it is at least 50% complete. Where have you been hiding? smiley
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by Pelumiv(m): 6:25am On Oct 25, 2011
I have been following this thread for a while as if na Twitter, but i have to give a thumbs up for u guys especially yawatide, dhtml n all d gurus in da house. How i wish to support una but am just starting out in Html, so my contribution will not have any real impact on the project.
At yawatide n Dhtml, hope u dont mind me having your mail or kindly mail me at pelumiv@yahoo.com. i wanna take a lit part of your time n i hope u dont mind. GBOSA FOR SLL YA.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 25, 2011
WeI mind. Thank you.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by yawatide(f): 11:20am On Oct 25, 2011
Pelumiv,

Check your inbox. . .
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by Pelumiv(m): 11:46am On Oct 25, 2011
yawa-ti-de:

Pelumiv,

Check your inbox. . .

i will check it now. Thanks.
@ Dhtml, no wahala if u mind, lol
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 25, 2011
Ave mailed u as well. U could ave clickd on ma site and contact me through it.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by dnative(m): 2:46am On Oct 26, 2011
@ Oyo State website

why does everyone seems to be missing the point. Quoting the OP " Guys, visit Oyostate.gov.ng you might get a cue from that. It wont be there for too long so be fast."
Doesn't this (bold text) suggest that this is a demo site with none or minimal active links? Although as someone mentioned, this should have been placed in a subfolder of the root if it is not yet live - but then again, each to his/her own methods. What if the client actually wants to see this demo on the root of the site? - we can't always fit every scenario into our own box, as much as we may wish!

IMHO, it looks a well presented site, at least from a demo and UI perspective compared to a lot of sites that has come up for review here. Unable to comment on the rest of the site features/functions until the links are active.

Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by yawatide(f): 10:59am On Oct 26, 2011
dnative:
Get real. What happened there is VERY unprofessional. No matter how much perfume you pour on a pig, it's still a pig.

If the site isn't ready for prime time, either (as I suggested) put it in a subfolder and use your robots.txt file to stop the spiders from reaching it or set it up on a local server.

You NEVER put up an incomplete site on the root. Look at it this way: Supposing you are an investor with a lot of cash and heard Oyo has massive potential. You then google it and find the link and click on it, then see what is there currently. Be honest and tell us if you would have any faith in the state's government based on what's there.

Though I am not a fan of "under construction pages", that would definitely be better than what is there now.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by 2helpu(m): 12:13pm On Oct 27, 2011
Hello yawa-ti-de!

This is a great patriotic step.

I can help in submission to search engines and backlinks to over 200 sites.

Thank you.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by yawatide(f): 1:27pm On Oct 27, 2011
2helpu:
Thanks for the kind gesture but I am afraid this won't be necessary - we aren't out to compete with the current FG website but to prove to the powers that be that, despite some people criticizing about stuff, there are those who can offer a (proven) solution. . .assuming we can't manage to convince same that they would be better off replacing what they have now with our own solution. This explains why, despite many calls for an immediate call creation of a url, I wasn't on that train.

Besides, we don't want our effort to be branded as 419 on account of duplicate url/content. We intend to put our effort on blast in the media after we are done. The hope is that if the FG doesn't see the need to go with our (better) solution, those in the private sector will hopefully see our efforts for what it is and utilize our services. In the end, I am hoping for a win-win situation. Eventually, a robots.txt file will be created with the sole instruction of not including the site for indexing. I hope you understand where I am coming from.

Thanks once again for your kind gesture.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 27, 2011
This is the point where we all got up and applauded yawatide loudly for a speech well said at the rite place, at the rite time.
It looks good, it feels good, it sounds good, and it is good. Tres bien y muy encantado at the same time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Saad Abdulganiy Built A House In Ilorin (Photos) / Jack Dorsey Visits UNILAG (Photos) / Mark Zuckerberg And Wife, Priscilla Step Out With Their Baby Bump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.