Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

2023 Election: Police Warn Fake News Purveyors And Mischief-Makers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Election: Police Warn Fake News Purveyors And Mischief-Makers (5414 Views)

Osinbajo To Pentecostal Fellowship: We Are Purveyors Of Justice, Voices Of Peace / Edo Election: Police Arrest Corper For Election Malpractice / U.S Describes Buhari Media Center As Fake News Purveyors, Fayose Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Election: Police Warn Fake News Purveyors And Mischief-Makers by naptu2: 7:57pm On Mar 06, 2023
Lagos State Police Command @LagosPoliceNG

2023 ELECTIONS: POLICE WARN FAKE NEWS PURVEYORS AND MISCHIEF-MAKERS

- Reassure electorate of optimal security

The Lagos State Police Command is not unaware of malicious, inciting, provocative and seditious contents being circulated all over the social media with intent to cause panic, disharmony and unrest within Lagos State.

While the Command has begun investigating this scaremongering with a view to apprehending and prosecuting those found culpable, the good people and residents of Lagos State are urged to disregard all forms of messages, especially on social media depicting fictitious, fallacious and preposterous claims aimed at jeopardizing the peace currently being enjoyed in the state.

As the second phase of elections approach, the Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Command, CP Idowu Owohunwa, once again assures the electorate that the Command has fully deployed its human and operational resources in conjunction with sister security agencies to ensure free, fair and credible elections. Voters are therefore encouraged to come out to exercise their franchise and not succumb to the panic tactics of a few unpatriotic elements masquerading as concerned and well intentioned Nigerians on social media.

It is equally imperative to warn against mischief around the polling units and collation centers and beyond, as anyone found culpable will be promptly arrested and dealt with in accordance with the law.

Meanwhile, Lagosians are enjoined to call the Police should they notice any untoward happening around them on any of the following emergency numbers: 08127155132, 08065154338, 08063299264, 08039344870.

SP BENJAMIN HUNDEYIN, anipr, mipra
Police Public Relations Officer,
Lagos State Command,
Ikeja-Lagos.

March 6, 2023.

https://twitter.com/LagosPoliceNG/status/1632748685510549507

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: Police Warn Fake News Purveyors And Mischief-Makers by FreeStuffsNG: 8:00pm On Mar 06, 2023
Nice idea. It is just unfortunate that same police was not proactive like this leading to the Presidential election. A lot of hate, lies and bigotry against Asiwaju was peddled by a group of Igbo with sinister idea. Thank God Nigerians, including Patriotic Nigerians of Igbo extraction, stopped them.

It is better late than never. All we want is a peaceful election to elect our own Babajide Sanwo Olu who is the best among all the candidates.

May God bless Nigeria

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Election: Police Warn Fake News Purveyors And Mischief-Makers by yarimo(m): 8:02pm On Mar 06, 2023
PDP and labour party miscreants be warned

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: Police Warn Fake News Purveyors And Mischief-Makers by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 06, 2023
God bless the incoming Governor of Lagos State.

18 Likes

Re: 2023 Election: Police Warn Fake News Purveyors And Mischief-Makers by Massiveglory: 8:24pm On Mar 06, 2023
The police, especially in lagos has performed below below par so far.

Witnessing a police man stand just at the back of miscreant mc olomo while boldly threatening Lagosians during the presidential election was disgusting and shameful.
Up to this moment, the miscreant is still walking free.

I saw another video this morning on arisetv of another thug threatening to destroy Lagosians who do not vote for apc.

I begin to imagine what Nigeria will be like with a tinubu monumental fraudulent presidency.
God forbid bat things.

Thank God for New Nigeria PODATTI government. We are taking back our God ordained mandate.
Tinubu is headed for very painful shame and pain.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: Police Warn Fake News Purveyors And Mischief-Makers by mcmurphy132(m): 8:49pm On Mar 06, 2023
Make them arrest that jack obinya..

What I learned about this election is that you don't need the south east to become the president

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Election: Police Warn Fake News Purveyors And Mischief-Makers by Legal001: 9:19pm On Mar 06, 2023
They really need to be warned against inciting violence
We need to have a peaceful election for once

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: Police Warn Fake News Purveyors And Mischief-Makers by ShaqFu: 9:23pm On Mar 06, 2023
Good. Nairaland and their moderators should also beware and not help this mischief makers spread fake news.

The Lagos state police command shouldn't waste any time in apprehending anybody caught spreading fake news, especially blogs like this: https://fij.ng/article/apc-agents-give-lagos-residents-n1500-n2000-to-vote-for-sanwo-olu/

They should look into this issue and make sure whoever is behind that blog is brought to provide answers for the falsehood they spread.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: Police Warn Fake News Purveyors And Mischief-Makers by Mkairbag: 5:50am On Mar 07, 2023
Re: 2023 Election: Police Warn Fake News Purveyors And Mischief-Makers by AntiChristian: 5:50am On Mar 07, 2023
Lagos is in South western Nigeria. It doesn't belong to South East nor it's cronies!

Chinedu kọ! Chinagoro ni!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: Police Warn Fake News Purveyors And Mischief-Makers by tunwumi: 5:53am On Mar 07, 2023
AKA Obidence

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: Police Warn Fake News Purveyors And Mischief-Makers by Tboy222: 5:54am On Mar 07, 2023
You only find this show of force against some particular set of citizens, but on election day this same police force will be begging and kneeling down to thugs not to snatch ballot boxes.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: Police Warn Fake News Purveyors And Mischief-Makers by gladdensir(m): 5:54am On Mar 07, 2023
Stupid police force dey talk. I hope say Dem remember the day wey mad oluomo dey threaten igbos on top say Dem wan vote, we see as one of Dem police dey calm oshiomo down instead of arresting him. Bunch of foolish people.
Re: 2023 Election: Police Warn Fake News Purveyors And Mischief-Makers by emmanuelbrown26: 5:56am On Mar 07, 2023
I think they should go and question some staunch APC guys bcs they are d ones causing havoc and nuisance on d airspace.
If group of Nigerian citizens decides to vote for a candidate is not a crime and I don't see reason why some APC urchins are turning dis upcoming election as a do-or-die affairs.
Does it mean that Mr. Sanwo Olu can not campaign for himself?
Does it mean that Mr. Sanwo Olu performed badly bcs if u perform very well, u hv nothing to fear on dis election or are enemies of his godfather after him.
I do tell people that nobody has d monopoly of violence. Men dun carry metal drop am no means say, men no Sabi handle metal
Re: 2023 Election: Police Warn Fake News Purveyors And Mischief-Makers by NothingDoMe: 5:57am On Mar 07, 2023
But NGpolice stood by while thugs redesigned a woman's face. No perp has so far been arrested

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: Police Warn Fake News Purveyors And Mischief-Makers by ArchiLimited: 5:57am On Mar 07, 2023
I know a few of them
Re: 2023 Election: Police Warn Fake News Purveyors And Mischief-Makers by Omoawoke: 6:03am On Mar 07, 2023
angry

Obidient movement is becoming a zombie attack,

They average IQ of all of them is comparable to that of a Turkey

One person gives instruction and they all attack like zombie
Any idiot can be voted into power as long as they are under LP, only an idiot thumprint ballot paper without knowing who they are voting for.
You see that guy shouting Eluuuppp, what do you think his IQ would be? I'm sure that guy hawks fanta and gala

Obidient is like an epidemic, zombie attack

They are easily fooled and highly gullible

I am sure they are already preparing their next fake news to start spreading like wide fire

Does a day pass by that obidients will not share one fake news?

Obidients pls what's the latest fake news?
Maybe Biden has called meeting with France, UK and Australia to challenge Inec?
Or maybe Obi won 30 states including kano, Zamfara and Katsina with wide margins
Or maybe Putin is very pissed off with Inec
Or China is having a meeting with Peter obi?
Or the people of Sokoto have started protest that they all Voted Elupp
Pls give us latest..

6 Likes

Re: 2023 Election: Police Warn Fake News Purveyors And Mischief-Makers by ceejay80s(m): 6:03am On Mar 07, 2023
U dey warn fake news town cryers instead maker Una go stop agberos from disrupting the election

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: Police Warn Fake News Purveyors And Mischief-Makers by Opintiwa: 6:03am On Mar 07, 2023
ArchiLimited:
I know a few of them

Fake news from APC dirty boxers
Re: 2023 Election: Police Warn Fake News Purveyors And Mischief-Makers by Minatouchiha(m): 6:04am On Mar 07, 2023
Go and pay your workers their allowances. Don't come here to warn people.
Re: 2023 Election: Police Warn Fake News Purveyors And Mischief-Makers by Nobody: 6:04am On Mar 07, 2023
Warning mischief makers is a waste of time....

Just use one do example, the rest go do normal

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Election: Police Warn Fake News Purveyors And Mischief-Makers by 40Bullets: 6:04am On Mar 07, 2023
Lol
Re: 2023 Election: Police Warn Fake News Purveyors And Mischief-Makers by famology(m): 6:05am On Mar 07, 2023
IPOB

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: Police Warn Fake News Purveyors And Mischief-Makers by FireUpNow(m): 6:10am On Mar 07, 2023
Police nor fit warn area boys that will snatch ballot boxes and also the ones that will attack innocent voters in their polling stations?
Re: 2023 Election: Police Warn Fake News Purveyors And Mischief-Makers by Dialpad: 6:13am On Mar 07, 2023
Police you deal firmly with any one spreading fake news or those with plans to disrupt the election

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: Police Warn Fake News Purveyors And Mischief-Makers by nairalee(m): 6:13am On Mar 07, 2023
I dunno if fake news is on the rise or it's social media that's amplifying it.

it's really alarming, nowadays any news I hear, I must first look for video evidence, receipt, wait for a newspaper to carry it before I believe

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: Police Warn Fake News Purveyors And Mischief-Makers by Nobody: 6:14am On Mar 07, 2023
Police should be present at poling units to ward off APC thugs
Re: 2023 Election: Police Warn Fake News Purveyors And Mischief-Makers by backtovillage: 6:14am On Mar 07, 2023
The reason why nairaland push this to frontpage is what I don't know.Anybody can do ds for crying out loud. If I am a politician, Naraland for don hear am for court

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: Police Warn Fake News Purveyors And Mischief-Makers by Dannyset(m): 6:14am On Mar 07, 2023
grin

Kindly make a scapegoat of the mumudient headless mob rodents

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Election: Police Warn Fake News Purveyors And Mischief-Makers by 22Diamond: 6:24am On Mar 07, 2023
Good

(1) (2) (Reply)

N5.108trn In 8 Months: Hardship Unabated In States Despite Huge Allocations / Achebe May Be Buried Next Month At His Hometown / Tinubu Cries Bloody Murder – Nigeria Bans Tax Contractors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.