Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

₦‎500: APC’s New Way Of Wooing Voters In Lagos - FIJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ₦‎500: APC’s New Way Of Wooing Voters In Lagos - FIJ (24375 Views)

Adamu Garba To APC: New Party Won Lesotho, Don't Underestimate Obidients / Yahaya Bello's SSA Accused Of Wooing Voters With Onion, Maggi, Salt And Cash / Reformed APC (R-APC): New Faction Of APC Emerges In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

₦‎500: APC’s New Way Of Wooing Voters In Lagos - FIJ by 2mercy: 7:54am On Mar 07, 2023
Ahead of the March 11 gubernatorial election, the Lagos chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) is wooing voters with N500 to reelect Babajide Sanwo-Olu as governor.

FIJ learnt that voters are credited with N500 after dialing a special code.

Bimbo Alade (not real name) told FIJ he received N500 airtime from the political party on Friday evening.

“I heard news that APC was giving away N500 to anyone who dialed 013302645,” he told FIJ.

“After the call went through, it requested that the caller input a pin, which was 1028#, and then a sound recording of Sanwo-Olu was played. He campaigned for a minute or two.

“When he finished, the call dropped and I was credited. Alternatively, the call was interrupted and the number called back, and once I picked, the sound recording was played automatically.”

Another recipient of the free airtime told FIJ that although there were no assurances that every caller would be credited, the method of receiving airtime was the same.

“Upon dialing the number, I was asked to input the 1028# pin,” he said.

“There were no further instructions after receiving the airtime, but I got a call back and I heard Sanwo-Olu speaking and soliciting for votes.

“There are no express promises that you will get the airtime after dialing, but I got mine.”

When FIJ called Gbenga Omotoso, the Lagos State Commissioner for Information and Strategy, he denied knowledge of the act and said the idea didn’t emanate from his principal’s party.

“It is not from us; we don’t know anything about it,” he said.

https://fij.ng/article/revealed-apcs-new-way-of-wooing-voters-in-lagos/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ₦‎500: APC’s New Way Of Wooing Voters In Lagos - FIJ by Newdawn30: 8:00am On Mar 07, 2023
The number can't going through be careful

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦‎500: APC’s New Way Of Wooing Voters In Lagos - FIJ by NothingDoMe: 8:01am On Mar 07, 2023
Lol. Only airtime? It is one thing to give me money not to vote my Candidate and another thing to give me money to vote your candidate.

16 Likes

Re: ₦‎500: APC’s New Way Of Wooing Voters In Lagos - FIJ by Diligent1(f): 8:38am On Mar 07, 2023
I also heard that some igbo people were transferring N5,000 to people's accounts so that they could vote for LP.
I went to Lagos on Saturday, while waiting for bus a woman told me that LP members came to their house and were sharing N5,000 So that they could vote for Peter Obi.

71 Likes 12 Shares

Re: ₦‎500: APC’s New Way Of Wooing Voters In Lagos - FIJ by sat70: 8:39am On Mar 07, 2023
Make I try am abeg. Free money. Lol. I no kuku dey vote. I dey Asaba now. I go try enter Lagos on Friday. I gaz vote Sanwo Olu. Infact, I'm coming home.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ₦‎500: APC’s New Way Of Wooing Voters In Lagos - FIJ by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:39am On Mar 07, 2023
Why do they make people look this cheap? Shame

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ₦‎500: APC’s New Way Of Wooing Voters In Lagos - FIJ by Guyman01: 8:39am On Mar 07, 2023
They are using imposed poverty to campaign.
I have no issues with Sanwo-Olu, contrary to what I read here by some ethnic tribalists like the one above mentioning Igbo people giving N5000 which I think is a big lie because Igbo people I know don't throw away money easily even in politics.

Many people I have encountered from the South East, South South and North say Sanwo-Olu is a hard working guy that has improved the fortunes of Lagos and has their utmost support even though many of them didn't vote for Tinubu based on their perception of his physical abilities.

I will also advise Sanwo-Olu not to project the likes of MC Oluomo as the face of his campaign because it will piss off a lot of voters who abhor agbeiroism in Lagos to support his opponents.

I urge everyone to Vote for your conscience, don't be deceived by this small small bribes so that you won't be like Anthony Okeke that has turned Nairaland to online begging platform by posting account numbers of several women such as Faith SH, Angel, Abibat etc and claiming he is starving with 'her' daughter today, tomorrow "her" son is sick 😫

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ₦‎500: APC’s New Way Of Wooing Voters In Lagos - FIJ by KGD10: 8:39am On Mar 07, 2023
Another fake propaganda by the useless Ipob apologist Chinedu Rhodes with seriaLeone slave ancestor. Useless man who has no pedigree or track record except for insulting Yoruba unwarranted because of his useless ungrateful toxic mother. Someone who supports Ipob terrorist who burnt Lagos infrastructures.

When Sanwo Olu was at his age, Sanwo Olu was part of the construction team who laid the blueprint for the Lagos' redline and blue line metro railway which was eventually completed under the same Sanwo Olu after he became a governor. That's a man with a pedigree and track record before becoming a governor! Not one useless riffraff Chinedu Rhodes insulting Yoruba unwarranted and supporting Ipob terrorist who have continue to destroy the SE region!

Apart from completing Lagos metro Railway, Sanwo invested over a billion dollars to complete the new Lekki seaport. He also completed the largest Africa Imota rice mill.

Combined with the construction of several housing estates, schools etc. Added with the fact that Sanwo Olu employs the highest civil workers in Nigeria and pay their salaries promptly, as well as that of his pensioners. As a matter of fact, Sanwo Olu is the best governor currently in the country!

That's a man whom everyone who's got a brain will always support without taking a glance.

If some hateful losers want an incompetent toxic useless riffraff Chinedu Rhodes, go elect him in your SE region as you always elect useless leaders in your region.

45 Likes 12 Shares

Re: ₦‎500: APC’s New Way Of Wooing Voters In Lagos - FIJ by lendahand(m): 8:40am On Mar 07, 2023
...E be like say they want to tell us another story again oo e be like say..

E be like say they want to code us another coding again oo e be like say..

E be like say they want to dance garala na the new dance again oooooooo...

..I dedicate this one to all of the shady politicians including sanwo olu..

Where is Tuface Idibia sef??

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦‎500: APC’s New Way Of Wooing Voters In Lagos - FIJ by yomalex(m): 8:40am On Mar 07, 2023
Hmm
Re: ₦‎500: APC’s New Way Of Wooing Voters In Lagos - FIJ by bigdammyj: 8:40am On Mar 07, 2023
Noted.

My vote is for Stanwo-Olu.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ₦‎500: APC’s New Way Of Wooing Voters In Lagos - FIJ by iCauseTrouble: 8:40am On Mar 07, 2023
grin
Re: ₦‎500: APC’s New Way Of Wooing Voters In Lagos - FIJ by Jestin: 8:40am On Mar 07, 2023
We shall rebuild this country. A new Nigeria is possible

13 Likes

Re: ₦‎500: APC’s New Way Of Wooing Voters In Lagos - FIJ by tolumizzy(m): 8:40am On Mar 07, 2023
Atenu party

1 Like

Re: ₦‎500: APC’s New Way Of Wooing Voters In Lagos - FIJ by MikoB: 8:40am On Mar 07, 2023
There is always so many news during nigeria electioneering process all the time both bad and good ones, anyway Sanwo olu has no reason to panic because he will win on saturday with a landslide not for his achievement as a governor but for the unseriousness of his opponents, imagine an ipob sympathiser want to rule lagos, that is so strange! the guy should be ashamed of his past deeds...

8 Likes

Re: ₦‎500: APC’s New Way Of Wooing Voters In Lagos - FIJ by Pio44: 8:40am On Mar 07, 2023
hmmmm beware of scammers

1 Like

Re: ₦‎500: APC’s New Way Of Wooing Voters In Lagos - FIJ by Stevenson20: 8:40am On Mar 07, 2023
They are seeing their defeat already even before the start of election.

APC is a goner.
Evil party

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦‎500: APC’s New Way Of Wooing Voters In Lagos - FIJ by BurialGround: 8:40am On Mar 07, 2023
cheesy

Let them use their infrastructures. Ndi eriri eri.

1 Like

Re: ₦‎500: APC’s New Way Of Wooing Voters In Lagos - FIJ by buharibanjo(m): 8:41am On Mar 07, 2023
Asaply trying this shit

1 Like

Re: ₦‎500: APC’s New Way Of Wooing Voters In Lagos - FIJ by engineerboat(m): 8:41am On Mar 07, 2023
Interesting days ahead.

March 11
Re: ₦‎500: APC’s New Way Of Wooing Voters In Lagos - FIJ by sofeo(m): 8:41am On Mar 07, 2023
Alright

Check my Signature.
Re: ₦‎500: APC’s New Way Of Wooing Voters In Lagos - FIJ by KUNZEH(m): 8:41am On Mar 07, 2023
Ok
Re: ₦‎500: APC’s New Way Of Wooing Voters In Lagos - FIJ by temitope27(m): 8:41am On Mar 07, 2023
Una go kill yourself because of SANWO-OLU grin

SANWO-OLU for second term loruko jesu kristi

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ₦‎500: APC’s New Way Of Wooing Voters In Lagos - FIJ by jeromestarks: 8:41am On Mar 07, 2023
Woo any woman you want. Fvck any woman you want. But, never marry a woman you did not disvirgin.
Never marry a who who has given her best (virginity) to another man.

Never use your hard earned money to pay bride price, sponsor wedding ceremony and take care of inlaws just to have a woman who was fvcked by another man with two eggs and indomie.
Only a fool would do that. Are you the fool?

Avoid single mothers entirely. Those ones are operating under a different level of curse.
There's a reason why men who fvcked her didn't stay in her life. Why should you stay? Do you want to use your head to carry curse? Why should you be the one to lick the mess the left behind?

Be wise.
Only a virgin woman deserves your love and devotion.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦‎500: APC’s New Way Of Wooing Voters In Lagos - FIJ by adamusuleiman1: 8:41am On Mar 07, 2023
seguno2:

There is a lot more work to do before Saturday for any chance of winning against Tinubu’s formidable propaganda machine of lies to whip up tribal hatred against GRV by painting him as Igbo nationalist even though he is a Yoruba person.
The truth is bitter.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦‎500: APC’s New Way Of Wooing Voters In Lagos - FIJ by seguno2: 8:41am On Mar 07, 2023
2mercy:
https://fij.ng/article/revealed-apcs-new-way-of-wooing-voters-in-lagos/

Is this what weaponisation of poverty by Tinubu’s APC has done to Lagosians who brag about being sophisticated and educated?

Chai, there is God oh.

Instead of employing thousands of workers every year to do everything that the state and local governments are responsible for since 1999, APC is buying people’s four years destiny for N500

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ₦‎500: APC’s New Way Of Wooing Voters In Lagos - FIJ by Helpfromabove1(m): 8:41am On Mar 07, 2023
Sanwo Olu as really that he can become collateral damage of the obi movement so there is a need to try is best

Good for lagos

1 Like

Re: ₦‎500: APC’s New Way Of Wooing Voters In Lagos - FIJ by EmekaBlue(m): 8:42am On Mar 07, 2023
Sanwo Olu will be defeated clean

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦‎500: APC’s New Way Of Wooing Voters In Lagos - FIJ by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 07, 2023
Something way no go continue after Election.
Nigerians really irritate me sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: ₦‎500: APC’s New Way Of Wooing Voters In Lagos - FIJ by Onewazobia(m): 8:42am On Mar 07, 2023
Not going

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Niger Republic Reopens Border With Nigeria / Osinbajo And Fayemi Sign Ajaokuta Agreement / Onnoghen: We’ll Resist Any Attempt To Impeach Buhari – APC Senators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.