Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online (13021 Views)

What Course Did You Study And What Do You Do Currently? / Remote Job: Please Which Online Course Can Get Me Good Remote Job? / INEC Recruitment Of Election Staff: What You Should Know Before Applying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by Barywhyte(m): 1:47pm On Mar 07, 2023
A lot of idiotic comments in this thread

By the way, OP, what exactly are you supporting? What's your daily job like? And what the hell is power unit? You want to start from there?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by izubext007: 1:48pm On Mar 07, 2023
No need , they usually use you people to rig election
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by sofeo(m): 1:49pm On Mar 07, 2023
For online training, software/programing courses..

Check my Signature
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by cybersecurityne: 1:51pm On Mar 07, 2023
The Cyber Express is a cyber security news media company that focuses on providing the latest news and information about various topics in the field of cybersecurity. With an emphasis on breaking news and real-time updates, they aim to keep the public informed about the latest developments in cybersecurity. The topics they cover a range from the latest cyber-attacks and data breaches to the use of ransomware and hacking tools, as well as information about the latest cybersecurity tools and technologies. By providing in-depth coverage of the cybersecurity industry, The Cyber Express serves as a valuable resource for individuals and organizations interested in staying informed about the latest threats and trends in the world of cybersecurity.
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by President2001(m): 1:51pm On Mar 07, 2023
kiako:
As an IT support staff in the electrical (power) unit, what course can one run online that is relevant to this...

I want to increase my value in that regard.
If there's vacancy in your working place please let me know I'm in to electrical engineer work
I have trade test 1,2,3 and apprentice certificate

1 Like

Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by OgaTheTop2: 1:53pm On Mar 07, 2023
Whatever you do make sure you have certificatios in CompTIA A+ and Network+.. Talking from experience and it's been working for me.

2 Likes

Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by Darammliveth(m): 1:58pm On Mar 07, 2023
siraj1402:
IoT with little of ITE and connectivity stuff.
I can enroll you in some for free including cyber security and networking.

Please can you kindly guide me through Cyber Security?
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by siraj1402(m): 1:59pm On Mar 07, 2023
sparko1:

I am interested
08036534549(whatapp) More also I can only enroll min of 5 people for certification. I will do it for the first 10 people for free
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by siraj1402(m): 2:00pm On Mar 07, 2023
Darammliveth:

Please can you kindly guide me through Cyber Security?
Yeah. (08036534649) whatapp
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by specie103(m): 2:21pm On Mar 07, 2023
kiako:
As an IT support staff in the electrical (power) unit, what course can one run online that is relevant to this...

https://www.coursera.org/professional-certificates/google-it-support? Best IT Support course you'll see online. Thanks me later.
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by Angrydaveed2(m): 2:24pm On Mar 07, 2023
kiako:

Would you be interested in learning about electronics and machine programming?
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by sparko1(m): 2:24pm On Mar 07, 2023
siraj1402:
08036534549(whatapp) More also I can only enroll min of 5 people for certification. I will do it for the first 10 people for free

Not showing on WhatsApp
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by OmoGomesIlorin: 2:26pm On Mar 07, 2023
kiako:

Go and study Human relations, Sociology/Psychology, or Development Study.
Knowledge gain from this course will help you not to be beaten by angry customer
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by youngbest(m): 2:26pm On Mar 07, 2023
If you already have work experience, you don't need a basic entry level like Comptia A+.

I would suggest you do ITIL foundation, this cert is focused on IT service deliver and developimg excellent helpdesk processes.

Microsoft fundamentals are also good because a lot of organisations use Microsoft 365.
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by oluwaseyi0: 2:27pm On Mar 07, 2023
kiako:

I'm in the power unit.

doing what? that will determine if you are in the IT space or not

checkout out Barywhyte comment
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by Youngpaperboy: 2:32pm On Mar 07, 2023
siraj1402:
IoT with little of ITE and connectivity stuff.
I can enroll you in some for free including cyber security and networking.
link me up with some of the free online courses
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by Darammliveth(m): 2:33pm On Mar 07, 2023
siraj1402:
Yeah. (08036534649) whatapp

Thanks bro. But the number is not on WhatsApp. I've tried to reach out to you via WhatsApp. Please check
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by socialmediaman: 3:00pm On Mar 07, 2023
kiako:

https://grow.google/certificates/it-support
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by Bluffly: 3:06pm On Mar 07, 2023
kiako:

I'm in the power unit.
Study power unit then
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by Ofemmanutosure: 3:14pm On Mar 07, 2023
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by kunle75(m): 3:21pm On Mar 07, 2023
EshjayLee:
There is a full course on cousera...
Google IT Support.

The course is a good start in IT support services.

You can even apply for finance aid.
Goodluck in your chosen career.

Link
https://coursera.org/professional-certificates/google-it-support

You are on point this shall be a good start for him.

I ran dame course in 2020 its takes 6month for to round up because of work and family but it pays off
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by AK481(m): 3:29pm On Mar 07, 2023
ITILV 4
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by Bossman(m): 3:40pm On Mar 07, 2023
It really depends on where your interest lies. Not sure about how power unit relates to IT, but see if networking interests you. You can also grab a book/tutorial on programming and see if that interests you. Once you determine that, grab the bull by the horn and master the technology of choice very well. Good luck!

kiako:

Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by occfx: 4:04pm On Mar 07, 2023
Sukersoc:
I think you should consider BVAS Technology

Rigging technology is the best option because Bulaba man will context again by 2027
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by EMIOMOADEOYE: 4:15pm On Mar 07, 2023
kiako:

Ambiguous question.

When you say IT, do you mean as in Information Technology or IT-SIWES?

The real question should be what do you want to do? What direction do you WANT to go?

That will determine what and what you should do.

Just saying you are a support staff in an electrical unit does not say much. What do you do? What would you like to do?
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by Ten06(m): 4:19pm On Mar 07, 2023
kiako:

I'm in the power unit.

Is there anything like power unit in IT?
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by moneyissweet(m): 4:31pm On Mar 07, 2023
Join Yahoo and thank me later.
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by KakiP(m): 4:44pm On Mar 07, 2023
Cloud computing, AWS.
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by dasdexter(m): 4:55pm On Mar 07, 2023
EshjayLee:
There is a full course on cousera...
Google IT Support.

The course is a good start in IT support services.

You can even apply for finance aid.
Goodluck in your chosen career.

Link
https://coursera.org/professional-certificates/google-it-support
How does one apply for finance aid, i can't find the button to apply on coursera
Re: As An IT Support Staff, What Course Can One Study Online by autolearner: 5:09pm On Mar 07, 2023
kiako:

Hi OP,

First off, there is nothing you want to learn today that is not online. Absolutely, nothing. Secondly, the intrinsic value in knowledge lies in its application. So I therefore think that the question you should be asking yourself is, where do you see yourself in another 5 years? What would you like to be doing professionally at the time?

If you are able to establish this, you can then map out your learning path, and select courses that would deepen your knowledge in these areas. Otherwise IT Support or Service Management is a wide field on its own. If you want to grow here, look into ITSM related courses and certification. ServiceNow is a leading service management tool used by enterprises, if you are looking to grow on product specific knowledge.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Otti Plans To Recruit 5,000 Teachers / Unilever 2011 Online Test / Osun Civil Service Cancels and Re-schedule Recruitment Examination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.