Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,304 members, 7,815,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye (73563 Views)

Gbadebo vivour desecrate our culture by putting his cap in obas palace - Photo / If You Cannot Vote The PDP,please Do NOT Vote For Gbadebo Vivour - Reno Omokri / Gbadebo Vivour-Rhodes: Lagos Is Far From Excellence, Not Yet Working (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by middlebelter(m): 4:05pm On Mar 07, 2023
kettykin:
How on earth is this an insult .

Does this mean the classic Yoruba behaviour is bad?

When a man points at his father's house with his left hand, it is an insult in many African cultures. Now think of it, he generalizes the entire Yoruba race. Stereotyping your father's race in such a negative manner, only depicts the quality of his mindset, and certainly, that is NOT an attribute of a leader.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by ISellBeer: 4:06pm On Mar 07, 2023
brutustech:
Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour, the gubernatorial candidate of the Labour Party, made a derogatory remark on Twitter about Pastor Enoch Adeboye, a highly respected pastor and leader of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, in response to his compliment to El-Rufai during a visit. This tweet has generated widespread outrage and debates about the importance of respectful discourse in public conversations.

Although some supporters of the Labour Party have defended Rhodes, citing his right to free speech and claiming that his tweet was simply expressing his personal opinion, a significant number of people, particularly the elders, have condemned his language. They believe that insulting a revered public figure like Pastor Adeboye is unacceptable and disrespectful.

Furthermore, they see Rhodes' generalization of Yoruba people as those who are known to "lick ass" as a derogatory comment, that insults the entire Yoruba clan

Gbadebo's remark is not only harmful but also has the potential to escalate conflicts. It undermines the fundamental principles of civility, tolerance, and mutual respect, which are essential for a healthy and functional society. Making derogatory comments about someone with a differing opinion about others creates an atmosphere of hostility and division.
Moreover, as a Yoruba descendant, Gbadebo's comment is both condescending and disrespectful. It demonstrates that he lacks regard for others, which disqualifies him from being a suitable leader.

Notable elders in Lagos state have expressed their opinion that Gbadebo is not fit to be the governor of Lagos state due to his lack of respect. Therefore, Lagosians require a leader who can provide good governance, promote respectful discourse in public conversation, and work towards a society that values civility, tolerance, and mutual respect.
Me and my village pipuu will vote GRV đź’Ż %
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by Papichulostunne(m): 4:08pm On Mar 07, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Igbos and wanting to take over things that doesnt belong to them... See wetin dey come out for your mouth...
Oga i no be Igbo.. Its very absurd to think its just Igbo and Yoruba here on Nairaland

Seun need to draw a line with you tribal bigot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by renderme: 4:08pm On Mar 07, 2023
madapcmod:
Keep digging

The tribal sentiment and propaganda no reach Una bring religious propaganda. That's the only thing APC urchins are good at.

I see jittery and fear in APC camp already

If Sanwolu was delivering dividends to lagosians, I don't see why he should be afraid of GRV to the extent of churning out attacks and threats to a " relatively unknown politician"

LP stands for better Nigeria. An end to ethnicity evil PDAPC politicians are using to divide and rule us.

This is a Yoruba guy contesting in Abia State and he is going to win come March 11th. Stop the ethnic profiling, if you worked, let your work speak for you.

otuomasirichi:
seeing is believing

drphantom:

He is Yoruba -Igbo like Chinedu Gbadebo.

However, there is a big difference between both of them.
He has never at any point insulted igbo people and as such they welcome him with open arms.
this election poster is a lie and this guy debunked it on twitter. He is NOT Yoruba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:08pm On Mar 07, 2023
9gerian:
Not sure the Gbadebo guy needs to disavow anything.

All comments on social media that he makes are out of the abundance of his heart. He is not Yoruba by manner of his chosen words and thoughts, even if his name states otherwise. He clearly bears serious grudges against Yorubas.

Mind you, I voted for Peter Obi but I have changed my mind about the Gbadebo of a guy.

5 of my cousins have also changed their mind about him

He doesn't have a good upbringing. He behaves like a product of a one night stand, brought up by a single mother. Nothing in him suggests he is a Yoruba.

I voted for Peter Obi last week, but I have changed my mind concerning Gbadebo because of his disrespect to the people he wanted to govern and he can't speak the language of the people ie Yoruba. 5 of my cousins that voted for labour party in the presidential election have also changed their minds because of the Gbadebo of a guy.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by VTJN(m): 4:10pm On Mar 07, 2023
afbstrategies:

Wale. Who killed Funsho Williams and Bola Ige? Until you answer the question, keep quiet because the only thing chasing you is your own shadow. Gerriitt
hahahaha

Obi knows he won't come a distant third and he knows we know that too

-Prof Chukwuma Soludo
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by Fearyourcreator: 4:10pm On Mar 07, 2023
Papichulostunne:
Oga i no be Igbo.. Is very absurd to think its just Igbo and Yoruba here on Nairaland

Yeye ... Una igbos plenty here ... Lagos is for Yoruba ... Make una carry una LP go east

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by afbstrategies: 4:12pm On Mar 07, 2023
VTJN:
hahahaha

-Prof Chukwuma Soludo
Answer the question. Who betrayed mko? Who killed Funsho Williams and uncle Bola Ige?

Until then, just be quiet.
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by tundeabib1: 4:15pm On Mar 07, 2023
Papichulostunne:

Is lagos a yoruba land?
JAMB QUESTION
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by VTJN(m): 4:15pm On Mar 07, 2023
afbstrategies:

Answer the question. Who betrayed mko? Who killed Funsho Williams and uncle Bola Ige?

Until then, just be quiet.
hahahaha

Obi is the best repackage fraud and monumental failure that worth next to nothing

-Prof Chukwuma Soludo
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by afbstrategies: 4:15pm On Mar 07, 2023
VTJN:
hahahaha

-Prof Chukwuma Soludo
There goes your President elect gay daughter. Is she a muslim? Is she better than GRV?

Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by barcaboi(m): 4:16pm On Mar 07, 2023
Ournolly:
How is the font bolded?
Any proof that this is not another dumb photoshop work?

Oga it was a clear tweet from him and he deleted when caught

Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by donproject2(m): 4:19pm On Mar 07, 2023
kettykin:

Se opolo e dorikodo ni?
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by obisage(m): 4:20pm On Mar 07, 2023
Kennyfancy:
The response was not to Daddy G.O but to the other person, the OP need to go back to secondary $sssss
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by 9gerian: 4:20pm On Mar 07, 2023
Wow! How did Nigerians miss this?

Goodvibes007:

Peter Obi is legendary for his divisive politics and politics of bitterness.

He loves to divide along religious or tribal lines. He even said Ngige (his fellow Igbo man) was anti-igbo because Ngige belonged to the APC.
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by Papichulostunne(m): 4:21pm On Mar 07, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Yeye ... Una igbos plenty here ... Lagos is for Yoruba ... Make una carry una LP go east

Hahahaha dont make me laff.. U see wetin the labour party do una for presidential election wey una rig like Offshore workers.
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by donproject2(m): 4:21pm On Mar 07, 2023
Kennyfancy:
The response was not to Daddy G.O but to the other person, the OP need to go back to secondary school

He was buttressing what someone has said about the man, is your brain that mungled not to see what is going on there?
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by yinkeys(m): 4:21pm On Mar 07, 2023
kettykin:

With your ridiculous African mentality grin
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by donproject2(m): 4:24pm On Mar 07, 2023
VenomJuice:
How the f*CK is this an insult?
OP u well so?

Can you interprete what happened in the tweets and replies?
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by Parachoko: 4:28pm On Mar 07, 2023
Dedeity:
Even the blind knows peter Obi won the election, his stolen mandate will be returned soon.
Everybody knows Pandora lost woefully, he occupied the 3rd position.
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by themanderon: 4:32pm On Mar 07, 2023
Sons and daughters of the demonic party have been trying their level best to turn Igbos against Yoruba but they are failing and will continue to fail badly. We are all united in our desire to see a better country and a billion of Tinubu's children from hell cannot stop this desire.
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by NothingDoMe: 4:33pm On Mar 07, 2023
babtoundey:

Oponu Ayirada. Everyone is Tinubu.. If it's not Lagos, it must be Tinubu. The day you see no reason to cry over those two names, you are free from self-inflicted agony
Tinubu Urchins.
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by kayjay69(m): 4:39pm On Mar 07, 2023
There is nothing to disavow, some Yorubas are indeed descendants of Afonja in their behaviour and attitudes. And they wear it like a badge of honor.

It is like saying water is wet.

Nothing new here.
seunmsg:
I have nothing against the Rhodes Vivour kid but his anti Yoruba comments are very disturbing. I’ve seen some of his comments calling Yorubas “Afonja”. He really needs to come out and disavow some of his previous social media comments.
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by seguno2: 4:41pm On Mar 07, 2023
Godwin4444:
what about this?

That was specifically for Tinubu, the looter in charge of Lagos.
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by seguno2: 4:42pm On Mar 07, 2023
seunmsg:
I have nothing against the Rhodes Vivour kid but his anti Yoruba comments are very disturbing. I’ve seen some of his comments calling Yorubas “Afonja”. He really needs to come out and disavow some of his previous social media comments.

Show us just one example of where he called all Yorubas Afonja. I assume you are not a liar. Or are you a liar
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by seguno2: 4:47pm On Mar 07, 2023
kayjay69:
There is nothing to disavow, some Yorubas are indeed descendants of Afonja in their behaviour and attitudes. And they wear it like a badge of honor.

It is like saying water is wet.

Nothing new here.

Serial betrayers of Yoruba like Tinubu are the Afonjas of today.

How we foiled Jonathan’s effort to make Mulika Adeola Speaker, Akande reveals

The opposition party’s support carried Tambuwal through the contest against Akande, then ruling party’s favourite for the speakership seat.

In his book, Chief Akande revealed that former president then as incumbent, *personally reached out to Tinubu*, who is now believed to be nursing presidential aspiration in 2023 and himself, but couldn’t convince them.

He wrote, “President Jonathan, immediately after the meeting (with political parties), *called Bola Tinubu aside into a lobby to broach the matter of ACN support* for a choice of who would become the Speaker of the House of Representatives.

“That same day, President *Jonathan talked to me on phone about the same matter. He disclosed that PDP had zoned the position to the South-West* but that only one Muraina and another Mulika won elections on PDP ticket from the zone into the House of Representatives.

“I quickly reminded him that, as at (sic) that date in the United States of America, while the Democrats produced the Senate President, the Republicans (the opposition) produced the Speaker of the House of Representatives. I boasted that ACN was capable of suggesting to him ten names of members from the South West from among whom to choose if PDP would be magnanimous enough to practice democracy the way it was being practised in the USA, from where we imported our presidential system.
In the era being referenced by the former national chairman of the defunct opposition party, *the controlling party in each of the chambers of the Congress in the United States was in the majority, which wasn’t the case with ACN* when the Ila-born politician was making his claim.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/how-we-foiled-jonathans-effort-to-make-mulika-adeola-speaker-akande-reveals/
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by Godspikin: 4:49pm On Mar 07, 2023
hotwax:

pastor adeboye does not represent us...a pastor that came out to support jihadi who has killed many christian is inviting insult..

leave vivor...focus on the post vivor reacted to. All these are adverts for vivor. This is why people will even vote for Vivor.

Dear Yoruba Christians, Vivor is fighting christian course boldly

Christian course indeed!

Who is he for him to be fighting Christian course

You people will still not desist from this your divisive religious and political shenanigan.
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by Adaran: 4:51pm On Mar 07, 2023
No respect for man of God. This guy Chinedu lack home training.
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by NothingDoMe: 4:56pm On Mar 07, 2023
Papichulostunne:
Oga i no be Igbo.. Is very absurd to think its just Igbo and Yoruba here on Nairaland

Nor be small. These are the Tinubu supporters. Extremely binary in their level of thinking. God forbid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:56pm On Mar 07, 2023
Adaran:
No respect for man of God. This guy Chinedu lack home training.

He is a product of a poor parental upbringing

2 Likes

Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by kayjay69(m): 4:57pm On Mar 07, 2023
Exactly my brother.
To say Yorubas are Afonjas is not an insult. Virtually all Yorubas politicians and leaders, both traditional and religious, continue to betray the interest of the Yoruba people. They continue to engage in things that are against the interests of the common Yorubas. Provided their personal interests are secured, they are perfectly okay with anything that goes.

Then their stupid supporters turn around and are angry on their behalf for being referred to by their rightful names. The least of their worries should be someone calling them Afonja.
seguno2:

Serial betrayers of Yoruba like Tinubu are the Afonjas of today.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Top Five Senators Who Are Not Returning To The Red Chamber(pics) / Tinubu Defeats Atiku, Peter Obi In Jigawa / Governor Kashim Shettima Cries As Kaka Shehu Lawan Steps Down For Zulum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.