Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning (26030 Views)

It’s Been Approved By CBN’ — Banks Begin Dispensing Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 / Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes / 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 07, 2023
seborrhic:

Overdaft will better describe him.
Asides shrinking the economy directly,there are many people now stranded,some in depression and some tending towards suicidal because online banking has ruined their personal and business lives through issues of "hung" money;you make a transfer or you are sent money but you neither get it or does your recipient do.Money is just hanging somewhere and your whole personal/business life is stranded.

Imagine, Make dem no force good people into banditry

1 Like

Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by squash47(m): 6:26pm On Mar 07, 2023
redcliff:

what kind of talk is this? Is The old naira no longer legal tender? are you people not foolish in that nigeria?
No, it's not a legend tender again.
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 07, 2023
seborrhic:

Overdaft will better describe him.
Asides shrinking the economy directly,there are many people now stranded,some in depression and some tending towards suicidal because online banking has ruined their personal and business lives through issues of "hung" money;you make a transfer or you are sent money but you neither get it or does your recipient do.Money is just hanging somewhere and your whole personal/business life is stranded.

Imagine, Make dem no force good people into banditry because when you have lost everything na to become bandit.

1 Like

Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by ahnie: 6:27pm On Mar 07, 2023
zimdante:

Imagine, Make dem no force good people into banditry
I prolly think fraudsters capitalized on the transfer thingy and had a field day issuing fake transfer.

I had few experiences,but I know I would collect my money from them.
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by Akharmony: 6:27pm On Mar 07, 2023
squash47:
U just collected it because you pitied the man. No body will accept old notes from you in this country. Trust me, u just dashed the man your goods.

Modified: How Does this lady's always hit front page ? I'm curious. Because almost all her post reach front page.

Any way, I dedicate this FTC to all Tinubu supporters worldwide. Nobody can take away our mandate... They labored and lost the election, they will still labor and lose the court case. Tinubu is here to move Nigeria forward. No body can stop that. Not even a thousand Obidient E-rats
This one is confused.

2 Likes

Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by hope4nigeria(m): 6:27pm On Mar 07, 2023
squash47:
U just collected it because you pitied the man. No body will accept old notes from you in this country. Trust me, u just dashed the man your goods.
pity waiting? Na people like you will be taking glory over nothing, why are you claiming he dash him? Why then did he collect the old bill

1 Like

Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by ahnie: 6:28pm On Mar 07, 2023
hope4nigeria:
pity waiting? Na people like you will be taking glory over nothing, why are you claiming he dash him? Why then did he collect the old bill
I m a lady sir.
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 07, 2023
ahnie:

I prolly think fraudsters capitalized on the transfer thingy and had a field day issuing fake transfer.

I had few experiences,but I know I would collect my money from them.

Nawa o
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by Sammy07: 6:30pm On Mar 07, 2023
ahnie:

Hahahahahaha

Lolz
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by Mercury12(m): 6:42pm On Mar 07, 2023
theforemost:

So werefiele lied of it being destroyed
That emifiele or whatever he calls himself ought to be jailed for this

1 Like

Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by Pipefitter: 7:02pm On Mar 07, 2023
ahnie:
A customer who came to patronize me this morning paid with old #500note.
I majorly deals in transfer,than physical cash.

I was reluctant at first to collect it from him,but the condition I saw the man,I was forced to accept it,and secondly because I don't know if the persons I buy from would agree to collect it as a means of payment.

I hope I have not made a mistake by collecting it.

The old note is a legal tender, with time it will be acceptable nationwide.
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by udomma1005(m): 7:09pm On Mar 07, 2023
Voltron007:
The CBN will issue a public notice in the next 48hrs. Keep your money. You’ll spend it, the courts have settled this issue.
Already done, it's legal tender again!

1 Like

Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by Aboguede(m): 7:10pm On Mar 07, 2023
It is clear that u dey sale chekpe shocked ogogoro aka sapele water grin

ahnie:

I was reluctant at first to collect it from him,but the condition I saw the man,I was forced to accept it,and secondly because I don't know if the persons I buy from would agree to collect it as a means of payment.

Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by ahnie: 7:13pm On Mar 07, 2023
Aboguede:
It is clear that u dey sale chekpe shocked ogogoro aka sapele water grin

I m seriously trying to figure out if you borrowed your brain and haven't yet figured how to return it back to the rightful owner.

No insult meant,it's just a compliment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by sleemomymy: 7:14pm On Mar 07, 2023
Banks in abule egba has started dispensing the old naira from their ATM as at this evening.

1 Like

Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by Mikeiron78(m): 7:16pm On Mar 07, 2023
Customer? That word usage made me go to your page and what I saw gave a different meaning to the word customer paying you,lol
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by Sammy5413(m): 7:18pm On Mar 07, 2023
So?
Make we hear word abeg
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by AngelicBeing: 7:18pm On Mar 07, 2023
shocked
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by frank155(m): 7:19pm On Mar 07, 2023
ahnie:

Some tricycle vendors are collecting it already.
Infact accessbank paid customers today with old currencies.
People like him don't usually think straight.

1 Like

Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by ahnie: 7:19pm On Mar 07, 2023
Mikeiron78:
Customer? That word usage made me go to your page and what I saw gave a different meaning to the word customer paying you,lol
Lolz.

Thanks for taking your time doing that.
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by rickleye: 7:21pm On Mar 07, 2023
ahnie:

Ill pay you N400 for it.
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by ahnie: 7:23pm On Mar 07, 2023
rickleye:

Ill pay you N400 for it.
Lolz....
I just gave my lil girl to use it to go get suya,the aboki rejected it. cheesy
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by Teeroyzimma: 7:33pm On Mar 07, 2023
sportskid:
I collected N40k old N500 from my bank today, nobody has agreed to collect it from me yet
grin grin grin grin
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by sulakishop(m): 7:37pm On Mar 07, 2023
Hopeful

ahnie:

Guy chill,you go spend the money.
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by oyeb15: 7:44pm On Mar 07, 2023
Anyone that collect d old 500 or 1000 is adding problem to himself.

You will be trying to spend it with shame as if you are a criminal. Some people will embarrass you.

Conductors will throw you and your expired money out of their bus.

The best solution is to have new notes side by side Incase.
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by SmartPolician: 7:52pm On Mar 07, 2023
squash47:
ah, na wa. Country don scatter. So banks no carry d money go CBN after dem withdraw am. Nigeria na cruise abeg.

They did. I spoke with a banker who told me that the CBN is returning it to them after the SC ruling.
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by harmony75: 8:01pm On Mar 07, 2023
You're on your own.. You're not supposed to collect it people are still looking ways to spend old money with them.
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by Shalashaska: 8:11pm On Mar 07, 2023
Collected old notes today, nobody agreed to collect them so I deposited them back in my account.
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by DearGorgeous(f): 8:12pm On Mar 07, 2023
ahnie:

As at last week when I visited the bank, GTB were still collecting old Naira notes (N200 and N500 notes), but you need to fill CBN form from their portal and attach to the money. You can make further enquiry on this.

And please, aside the approved old N200 note, others are no longer legal tender. Stop collecting them.

Thank you.
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by Shalashaska: 8:18pm On Mar 07, 2023
DearGorgeous:

As at last week when I visited the bank, GTB were still collecting old Naira notes (N200 and N500 notes), but you need to fill CBN form from their portal and attach to the money. You can make further enquiry on this.

And please, aside the approved old N200 note, others are no longer legal tender. Stop collecting them.

Thank you.

Supreme Court judgement, extended the validity of the Central Bank of Nigeria currency redesign policy to December 31, 2023.

1 Like

Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by Aboguede(m): 8:19pm On Mar 07, 2023
As a prophet I can say what I see shocked

1.U get some children but them no get papa

2. U be orobo and orobos na haters

3. U dey very disappointed by many men and u dey hate men now

4. U dey aggressive

5. Want young boy for the thing but all delta boys na thiefs

6. Ur age na between 45 and 47

No insult meant. By the way, I am a native doctor by gift shocked

ahnie:

I m seriously trying to figure out if you borrowed your brain and haven't yet figured how to return it back to the rightful owner.

No insult meant,it's just a compliment.
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by Ubdavis(m): 8:21pm On Mar 07, 2023
If banks collect it, then there is nothing to be afraid of. But If reverse is the case, u have to be wise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

China Lends Dangote $2bn: Is Yuan The New "Dollar" for Nigeria? / Court To Restrain GTB From Deregistering As A LLC To Avoid ₦32 Billion Debt / Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.