Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,925 members, 7,814,110 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning (26038 Views)

It’s Been Approved By CBN’ — Banks Begin Dispensing Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 / Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes / 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by chypotenti(m): 8:31pm On Mar 07, 2023
sportskid:
I collected N40k old N500 from my bank today, nobody has agreed to collect it from me yet
My brother The real issue is that when you want to deposit this old money back to the bank you must generate a code from CBN portal just that same process all over again and sometimes it takes up to a week or more some up to a month before your money is confirmed, who is ready to go through that process again
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by DearGorgeous(f): 8:37pm On Mar 07, 2023
Shalashaska:

Supreme Court judgement, extended the validity of the Central Bank of Nigeria currency redesign policy to December 31, 2023.

Buhari and Emefiele didn't say anything to validate supreme court's order. So it remains an illegal tender until they approve.

You know how some Powers-that-be could flaunt court order and nothing will be done about it.
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by slimkay83(m): 8:39pm On Mar 07, 2023
When was the last time you made a deposit?
Confirmation of deposit is instant sir.
chypotenti:
My brother The real issue is that when you want to deposit this old money back to the bank you must generate a code from CBN portal just that same process all over again and sometimes it takes up to a week or more some up to a month before your money is confirmed, who is ready to go through that process again
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by Juoflife1(f): 8:46pm On Mar 07, 2023
Keep it. Zenith bank paid old notes today. With time, all banks will start paying.
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by Bfly: 8:53pm On Mar 07, 2023
We are the problem of ourselves. Why are we so scared of obeying the rule of law.

Is president or cbn bigger than court. Everything ends in court afterall.

People always bow to tyranny. What if the court gives the mandate to obi or Atiku and Tinubu refuses to release it having the backing of mr president or the judgement happens after he has been sworn in.

What will the people do? Probably nothing.
But if the people will do something why can't we do that thing now has regard court jugdement concerning dec 31 on old notes deadline.

A democratic leader is never above the people but Nigerians are so inauthentic.

4 Likes

Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by VicM6: 8:57pm On Mar 07, 2023
squash47:
U just collected it because you pitied the man. No body will accept old notes from you in this country. Trust me, u just dashed the man your goods.

Modified: How Does this lady's always hit front page ? I'm curious. Because almost all her post reach front page.

Any way, I dedicate this FTC to all Tinubu supporters worldwide. Nobody can take away our mandate... They labored and lost the election, they will still labor and lose the court case. Tinubu is here to move Nigeria forward. No body can stop that. Not even a thousand Obidient E-rats
read news b4 u comment na....Nawa o for Nigerians with their way of misconceptions
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by managingpartner(f): 9:00pm On Mar 07, 2023
Pele oo, one thing is for sure,the world is watching.

quote author=squash47 post=121551303]U just collected it because you pitied the man. No body will accept old notes from you in this country. Trust me, u just dashed the man your goods.

Modified: How Does this lady's always hit front page ? I'm curious. Because almost all her post reach front page.

Any way, I dedicate this FTC to all Tinubu supporters worldwide. Nobody can take away our mandate... They labored and lost the election, they will still labor and lose the court case. Tinubu is here to move Nigeria forward. No body can stop that. Not even a thousand Obidient E-rats
[/quote]
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by berbs: 9:08pm On Mar 07, 2023
ahnie:
A customer who came to patronize me this morning paid with old #500note.
I majorly deals in transfer,than physical cash.

I was reluctant at first to collect it from him,but the condition I saw the man,I was forced to accept it,and secondly because I don't know if the persons I buy from would agree to collect it as a means of payment.

I hope I have not made a mistake by collecting it.

You can now use the old notes for transactions until 31st of December.
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by incogni2o: 9:31pm On Mar 07, 2023
ahnie:

Banks are paying customers with old naira notes this morning accessbank precisely.
I asked same cashier in Access Bank, He said they wouldn't collect it back as deposit

1 Like

Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by Lookingback: 9:36pm On Mar 07, 2023
sportskid:
I collected N40k old N500 from my bank today, nobody has agreed to collect it from me yet
R
From the counter or from ATM?
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by DMCA: 9:39pm On Mar 07, 2023
squash47:

Just dey watch, this post go reach fp.. I know no how she take dey do am.
Ahnie ahnie😂
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by Lookingback: 9:41pm On Mar 07, 2023
Uptheante:

You for tell us what he paid you for.
Is it payment for a round of sex or bj or anal.? 🤔
You fit be olosho

Nawa for you oh. This is not good at all.
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by merits(m): 9:52pm On Mar 07, 2023
squash47:
U just collected it because you pitied the man. No body will accept old notes from you in this country. Trust me, u just dashed the man your goods.

Na woman na ,how her post no go reach front page?

1 Like

Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by soloehis(m): 10:04pm On Mar 07, 2023
grin grin grin grin
sportskid:
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by Obnoxious2001(m): 10:06pm On Mar 07, 2023
ahnie:

I was reluctant at first to collect it from him,but the condition I saw the man,I was forced to accept it,and secondly because I don't know if the persons I buy from would agree to collect it as a means of payment.

Old money Is already in circulation in warri. Some people have refused to accept them. I just dey laugh because there is a likelihood you would find it and won't see it.
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by rickleye: 10:11pm On Mar 07, 2023
ahnie:

Lolz....
I just gave my lil girl to use it to go get suya,the aboki rejected it. cheesy
lol Wahala dey.
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by TRUTHaDDICTED(m): 10:34pm On Mar 07, 2023
squash47:

Will you shut up that gutter on your face, speak for your ignoramus self and don't try to spread your stupidity around. It is wildly accepted in my area and most of places as well except some ignominious and senseless irritants.
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by TRUTHaDDICTED(m): 10:56pm On Mar 07, 2023
Diligence:
Una don start again-o!

Na so una confuse people sotey they come get old Naira notes souvenir aplenty!

Caution: If una Neva hear from Bubu or Emefiele, just don't be fooled again!
I'm trying so hard not to be using hard words against anyone but the level of stupidity in some of you oozes above the sky. Who's your bubu to the Supreme Court? Who's your Emefieli to the Supreme Court? So these individuals are above the law? You will complain that they're flouting court orders, at the same time you're stupidly legitimizing it by this kind of lunacy
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by chukwuibuipob: 11:01pm On Mar 07, 2023
ahnie:

Some tricycle vendors are collecting it already.
Infact accessbank paid customers today with old currencies.
Dnt mind those kids saying u dash somebody ur goods. Banks are paying out 1000/500 GTB.. Nonsense
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by Godsonkemz(m): 11:13pm On Mar 07, 2023
While I was seated in my office observing the road, one arrogant young lady who was paid 20k in old currency thought she could use seduction to compel drivers all of who have refused to accept her old currency. After waiting for a ride all to no avail, she dashed into a solitary corner, brushed her hair, pushed up her small tits. Unfortunately that could not move any driver to consider her old currency. While she waited for who could accept her old currency, my good friend and colleague called her so he could assist but she arrogantly ignored him. I wanted to pay for her but her attitude made me withdraw. She waited till she found a male friend who she greeted as an uncle. Luckily for her the uncle rescued her.
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by 4ward4: 11:28pm On Mar 07, 2023
Voltron007:
The CBN will issue a public notice in the next 48hrs. Keep your money. You’ll spend it, the courts have settled this issue.

this Is exactly why people are desperate to kick out the APC. Judgement was given since Friday , today is Tuesday and no single response.
They are slow in responding to issues.
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by JOHNFBOSCO(m): 11:39pm On Mar 07, 2023
ahnie:

Pls what state is that, because that's what they're paying us here in PH ooo...tho some market women never start to dey collect am.
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by JOHNFBOSCO(m): 11:44pm On Mar 07, 2023
underpinna:
They are collecting from my area.

Pls which state be that..cos here for pH market women still dey do shakara
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by Starships4u(m): 12:08am On Mar 08, 2023
ahnie:

My dear don't mind those saying it'd be stock with yhu...

Banks are now dispensing old notes....

Now lemme ask yhu,
1. Why would they if they won't accept it back.
2. How come they now have old notes they initially claimed not to have if CBN didn't return it to them,?
3. If they are paying old notes over the counter, then CBN must have granted them leave to....
Infact I withdrew #5k over the counter today...
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by Nnefada: 12:27am On Mar 08, 2023
ahnie:

Try to go deposit it and see. They won't collect except you fill cbn form and generate code
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by DEROXMAN: 2:01am On Mar 08, 2023
squash47:

amen
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by MyGare(f): 3:02am On Mar 08, 2023
The old notes can be paid in without generating a code. At least at access bank. Initially (in the morning), we were told that anyone who wants to pay in, would have to generate a CBN code, but by afternoon, they started collecting them with just your deposit slip. Am not sure what changed.
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by Ifogift007: 4:27am On Mar 08, 2023
squash47:

U we're actually making sense until the last paragraph.....
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by oluwafikayo32c: 6:19am On Mar 08, 2023
e don reach here ohe don reach here oh...
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by Teeroyzimma: 9:49am On Mar 08, 2023
zimdante:

Imagine, Make dem no force good people into banditry because when you have lost everything na to become bandit.
No excuse to be a thief
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by EmiDior(m): 10:55am On Mar 08, 2023
ahnie:

Lolz....
I just gave my lil girl to use it to go get condom,the aboki rejected it. cheesy
grin grin grin

Lol
Spoilt mama
Re: A Customer Paid Me With The Old #500 This Morning by Nobody: 12:56pm On Mar 08, 2023
Teeroyzimma:
No excuse to be a thief

Excuse dey my dear brother, I cannot withdraw my money from the bank and dying of hunger, very valid excuse.
The right comment should be, " Dont get caught".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chima Anyaso Welcomes Baby Girl With Wife Adanna Nzeribe (photos) / $9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos / Please ,what Profitable Business Can I Do With 20,000 Naira.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.