Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,833 members, 7,866,247 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:51 PM

Why Do Nigerians Refer To Their Pastors As MOG - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Nigerians Refer To Their Pastors As MOG (497 Views)

Meet Some Women At Home And In The Presence Of Their Pastors (Pictured) / Why Do Women Respect Their Pastors More Than Their Husbands? / Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Refer To Their Pastors As MOG by Nobody: 6:28am On Mar 08, 2023
The topic above is a mind boggling , valid question that has been gnawing at
my mind for a very long time.

Why do you refer to your pastor as "man of God". I am yet to see this trend in any western country but only in Nigeria and African countries.

These people are simply pastors of their respective churches and nothing Godly about most of them so stop this ugly attitudes ok.

Thanks.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Refer To Their Pastors As MOG by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:15am On Mar 08, 2023
Skyview01:

The topic above is a mind boggling , valid question that has been gnawing at
my mind for a very long time.

Why do you refer to your pastor as "man of God". I am yet to see this trend in any western country but only in Nigeria and African countries.

These people are simply pastors of their respective churches and nothing Godly about most of them so stop this ugly attitudes ok.

Thanks.

Africans do seek for priests to solve to their problems instead of using their God's given brains, that has been our people's attitude from ages. So when the white man now replace the priests in our shrines with their own spies our people turn to them forgetting that everyone has problems including the priest in our shrines and pastors.

The tag MOG shows the way they view these guys it's like those who can solve their problems! undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians Refer To Their Pastors As MOG by Banilla: 9:09am On Mar 08, 2023
It's obnoxious.

What's worse is how they treat these men, like they are demi gods doing them a favour. grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Refer To Their Pastors As MOG by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:07pm On Mar 08, 2023
The church is supposed to be a gathering of 'men of God'... it's so unfortunate how things have changed from what it ought to be.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Refer To Their Pastors As MOG by Kobojunkie: 3:42pm On Mar 08, 2023
Banilla:
It's obnoxious.

What's worse is how they treat these men, like they are demi gods doing them a favour. grin
The last such man of God was John the Baptist; after Him, there are no others. undecided

What your churches today are filled with are false teachers and false prophets masquerading as "men of God" while they sit as gods over the lives and minds of blind men. undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians Refer To Their Pastors As MOG by Banilla: 3:50pm On Mar 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The last such man of God was John the Baptist; after Him, there are no others. undecided

What your churches today are filled with are false teachers and false prophets masquerading as "men of God" while they sit as gods over the lives and minds of blind men. undecided
Dearest Kobojunkie, I don't believe in God. What church do you speak of? Must you attack me?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Refer To Their Pastors As MOG by Kobojunkie: 4:16pm On Mar 08, 2023
Banilla:
Dearest Kobojunkie, I don't believe in God. What church do you speak of? Must you attack me?
Any religious church. All of them. undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians Refer To Their Pastors As MOG by Banilla: 4:30pm On Mar 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Any religious church. All of them. undecided
And you really quoted someone who hasn't attended mass in years? grin

I don't know if it's the emoji ( undecided ), but I feel you're accusing me. undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians Refer To Their Pastors As MOG by Kobojunkie: 4:34pm On Mar 08, 2023
Banilla:
And you really quoted someone who hasn't attended mass in years? grin

I don't know if it's the emoji ( undecided ), but I feel you're accusing me. undecided
But you did attend mass in a church at some point, right? I am simply making it clear that there has never been any point in history that those men who you bowed to even at that time were nothing more than conmen. undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians Refer To Their Pastors As MOG by Banilla: 4:42pm On Mar 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
But you did attend mass in a church at some point, right? I am simply making it clear that there has never been any point in history that those men who you bowed to even at that time were nothing more than conmen. undecided
Priests? No. I've only admired three, because they were decent and honest. I'm an excellent judge of character, if they weren't priests, I would still have respected them.

I'm not a hypocrite. I'm not blinded by religion, never was. I loved God and Jesus and Mary... Priests are men. Some spend extravagantly on themselves, others fornicate, the worse rape children...

You don't deserve an explanation tho.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Refer To Their Pastors As MOG by Kobojunkie: 4:53pm On Mar 08, 2023
Banilla:
■ Priests? No. I've only admired three, because they were decent and honest. I'm an excellent judge of character, if they weren't priests, I would still have respected them.
■ I'm not a hypocrite. I'm not blinded by religion, never was. I loved God and Jesus and Mary... Priests are men. Some spend extravagantly on themselves, others fornicate, the worse rape children...You don't deserve an explanation tho.
1. They were conmen! undecided

2. You loved God and Jesus and Mary so much that rather than accept the truth narrative presented of them in Scripture, you chose to adopt the flawed narratives presented by your priests? undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians Refer To Their Pastors As MOG by Banilla: 5:00pm On Mar 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. They were conmen! undecided

2. You loved God and Jesus and Mary so much that rather than accept the truth narrative presented of them in Scripture, you chose to adopt the flawed narratives presented by your priests? undecided
Presented by my parent and family. I was raised Catholic, remember. At the age of three, I should have known better? You're being ridiculous now. I grew up, asked questions and gave up the faith. What's so hard to understand? undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians Refer To Their Pastors As MOG by Kobojunkie: 5:10pm On Mar 08, 2023
Banilla:
Presented by my parent and family. I was raised Catholic, remember. At the age of three, I should have known better? You're being ridiculous now. I grew up, asked questions and gave up the faith. What's so hard to understand? undecided
The last time you attended mass was when you were 3 years of age? You were 3 years of age when you claim you loved God, Jesus, and Mary? undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians Refer To Their Pastors As MOG by Banilla: 5:15pm On Mar 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The last time you attended mass was when you were 3 years of age? You were 3 years of age when you claim you loved God, Jesus, and Mary? undecided
14. Too old for you? undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians Refer To Their Pastors As MOG by Kobojunkie: 5:18pm On Mar 08, 2023
Banilla:
14. Too old for you? undecided
So, at 14, you loved the image of God, Jesus, and Mary presented you during your masses? OK. And what I am telling you is that even that image presented to you, which you loved, at the point in time, was all a lie fed to you by conmen who are the priests whom you respect. undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians Refer To Their Pastors As MOG by Banilla: 5:29pm On Mar 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, at 14, you loved the image of God, Jesus, and Mary presented you during your masses? OK. And what I am telling you is that even that image presented to you, which you loved, at the point in time, was all a lie fed to you by conmen who are the priests whom you respect. undecided
Wrong. I was raised Catholic. Even if I had never been to a church, I would still have been taught to love them...

You deliberately refuse to understand... But you would do anything for the sake of arguing.

*Sighs*

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Refer To Their Pastors As MOG by Kobojunkie: 5:34pm On Mar 08, 2023
Banilla:
■ Wrong. I was raised Catholic. Even if I had never been to a church, I would still have been taught to love them...
■ You deliberately refuse to understand... But you would do anything for the sake of arguing.*Sighs*
1. How does being raised Catholic change any of what I said so far though? You claim you were taught to love them by the conmen, and I am telling you that these men have been of lies from their very beginning. What is wrong with stating that fact here? undecided

You claimed you were an excellent judge of character, yet you never realized these men were nothing but conmen all the while conning you with nothing but falsehood many of them never even experienced or understood for themselves. undecided

2. I don't do anything for the sake of arguing. I am simply restating the stance I have held since the beginning of this conversation while watching you take to running deeper into defensive mode as though that somehow changes any of what I have said. undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians Refer To Their Pastors As MOG by sonmvayina(m): 10:27pm On Mar 08, 2023
Catholic priest are referred to as reverend fathers....the higher up the hierarchy are the Monsignors, bishop,arch bishop, cardinals and if your lucky...the pope....
The Catholic church has the patent right to jesus. They created the character...

The new testament is a baby of the Catholic church. They determined what should go in there. The Catholic church existed before the new testament was published which was done by the council of Trent in the 16th century... .

So the power belongs to the church(according to them) not the bible. That was why they held those councils from time to time to iron out doctrines and dogmas...the last being the 2nd Vatican council..the first of which was the council of Nicea....

The old testament belongs to the Jews. They have nothing to do with jesus...

I still wonder how the Catholic church arrived at jesus by just reading the Jewish scriptures...still beats my imagination...
Re: Why Do Nigerians Refer To Their Pastors As MOG by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 09, 2023
I never refer to any pastor as a "man of God", there was no time God told me they were his men.
They are just pastors of their respective churches and 99.9% of them are self ordained with no tangible verifiable training.
They are never men of God. Most don't even have a good understanding of the bible to start.
My mother inlaw attended the bible school for Redeem and she said some were even cheating during the exams.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Refer To Their Pastors As MOG by Kobojunkie: 12:20am On Mar 10, 2023
Skyview01:
I never refer to any pastor as a "man of God", there was no time God told me they were his men.
They are just pastors of their respective churches and 99.9% of them are self ordained with no tangible verifiable training.
They are never men of God. Most don't even have a good understanding of the bible to start.
My mother inlaw attended the bible school for Redeem and she said some were even cheating during the exams.
God also never revealed any men to you as pastors either since God made it clear in His teachings and Law that Jesus Christ is the only Good Shepherd in the Kingdom of God , meaning that everyone else who claims to be a shepherd is a bad shepherd. Every other who pretends to be a shepherd
in the Kingdom of God is instead of the breed that is false teacher and false prophet. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Nigerians Refer To Their Pastors As MOG by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:58am On Mar 10, 2023
Skyview01:

I never refer to any pastor as a "man of God", there was no time God told me they were his men. They are just pastors of their respective churches and 99.9% of them are self ordained with no tangible verifiable training. They are never men of God. Most don't even have a good understanding of the bible to start. My mother inlaw attended the bible school for Redeem and she said some were even cheating during the exams.

There are real men of God but it's difficult to recognize them if you're not a studious reader of the Bible.

They don't go about with religious titles! Matthew 23:8-10

They don't practice interfaith! Matthew 16:6-12 compare to John 4:20-22

They don't make noise in the street corners or public buses claiming they're preaching! Matthew 12:19

They don't pray with or for whoever is not ready to obey the words of their God! John 17:8-9 compare to Proverbs 28:9; Jeremiah 11:14

They don't meddle in politics! John 17:14-16

They don't promote materialism! Matthew 6:19-21

They don't marry more than one wife! 1Timothy 3:12

There women don't teach in their gathering! 1Timothy 2:11-12; 1Corinthians 14:34

So it's only by observing the attitude of those listening to these men that you can know what they truly are! Matthew 7:16-18

May you have PEACE! smiley

(1) (Reply)

My Friend Just Repented. See The Reason Why / Man Bursts Into Laughter After Seeing His Church Member Fall On Anointing (vid) / The Request For A Christian Specific Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.