Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,981 members, 7,810,729 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Sanwo-Olu On His Plans For Youths & Peter Obi's Lagos Win - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu On His Plans For Youths & Peter Obi's Lagos Win (36316 Views)

Photo Of Aisha Yesufu Crying At Peter Obi's Lagos Rally / Tinubu's In-Law, Tee Mac Spotted At Peter Obi's Lagos Rally (Pictures) / Peter Obi’s Lagos Rally Vs Tinubu’s Lagos Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanwo-Olu On His Plans For Youths & Peter Obi's Lagos Win by Seun(m): 12:17pm On Mar 08, 2023
Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State was interviewed on Arise TV this morning. Here's an interesting segment from the interview:

Reuben Abati: Somebody sent a message, said Labour tsunami has forced Sanwo Olu out, to start talking to the media. And I guess the person was referring to the fact that the presidential candidate of your party lost to Labour in Lagos State. The question, what is the lesson that you've learnt from that, and you've taken away from that, particularly with regard to how young people of Lagos State voted on February 25.

Sanwo-Olu: It's an interesting discussion, and we need to look at it globally because a candidate who is the president-elect now will have looked at the map of Nigeria. Clearly, Lagos is one of his bases but for him to have won that election he probably would have looked at Lagos and looked at the Big K's, which is kano, kaduna and katsina. interestingly, all of those 4 states didn't go favourably for him.
So, it is beyond even Lagos, it's too look at the election and how it has turned out, and that's what even historians and political discussants need to also further dimension.

But, for us we've been able to identify and look critically into what went wrong... The muslim-muslim ticket played a role because we knew that Lagos is also the center of a lot of Christian population... and we have the information, so it's there.

The other reasons are, some people said that from their own ethnic nationality this is the first time they are having their son on the ballot so he's good, he's not good, na our pikin. I'm going to go ahead and [vote for him]. So we cannot fault anybody, that's the beauty of democracy.

The third reason is that we ourselves have our own internal wrangling and we have our own internal issues that we were not able to resolve or we hadn't resolved fully before we went into the election. So, in my view these are some of the things that have indeed affected [the election]

You've also mentioned the issue about the youths. It's also not something that we should play down on. But for me the real conversation is if we claim that Lagos has 6.7 million voters that have collected PVCs, why do we have only less than 20% voter turnout? So those are the main things that we need to also critique and find out what do we need to do additionally for people to want to come out and exercise their civil duty. It's a national call, not an APC or labour or PDP thing, a national assignment that we believe our citizens must be able to...

You know how well you were talking about PVC collection, extensions, ... and so, at the end of the day, why didn't they show up? So maybe these are some of the things. It's not a true reflexive. Less than 20% is not a true reflective of a total Lagosian. And that's why I'm out to ensure than a 3 million, a 2.5 million becomes a decent percentage of Lagosians that must come out to vote.

Reuben Abati: The people who came out, the problem is that they were disenfranchised by the incompetence of INEC, because we were all part of that and we all witnessed .... What plan do you have for the young people of Lagos State? Because they are very critical of you.

Sanwo Olu: Oh yes, they are my children, they are my bosses in some space because I identify with all of them at various levels. You know, it's a large number and there's no way you can satisfy every single person. I'm not the greatest person that engages social media because there's a lot of roll up sleeves that you need to get to work, but in terms of specifics, everything that we are doing is very intentional to look at: how do we get people out of the poverty market? How do we get people out of the unemployment market?

So if I do a road construction, the road construction is not for me. It's about the number of youths that are working as supervisors, as labourers, as engineers on that site. So it has a trickle [down] effect. That's how the .. actually work, right? For every infrastructure intervention, it's meant to be money for some youths who are also energetic, who can also provide for his family.

And other areas which they want, in technology for example, we are the only state in the country that has provided that enabling environment. In less than 2 years we've seen international labels, communities, organisations coming into lagos to make foreign direct investments running into billions. In fact, Lagos consistently has become the tech startup [hub] in Africa, and it's because of the enabling environment, it's because of the economy that we have provided for them. What do I mean? We've just done 3,000 km of fibre ... connectivity. That will reduce the cost of internet penetration, reduce the cost for them to have data.

There are so many of them that are living in Lagos and working for companies in the US and Canada. It's because of the speed at which their computers can work. That's what has given them that. Look at entertainment, they have so much that's going on in music. It's also because of Internet penetration. So the telcos know that we've provided the infrastructure backbone. We've provided their enabling environment. So you might not see it as a direct correlation from me, but as a direct correlation from my decision, my investment, and my policy has allowed for them to be here

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu On His Plans For Youths & Peter Obi's Lagos Win by AdaojoTheUrchin: 12:17pm On Mar 08, 2023
In one week, Sanwoolu has;

- Visited more churches, computer village, Balogun market than he has done in 4years.
- Ordered all LASTMA operatives to cease arrests and stand down.
- Released all impounded vehicles awaiting auction
- Release unpaid Pensions and Gratuity
-Opened Apongbon bridge
- Unban Okada Ban
-Pay pension and gratuity, and increase Govt staff salaries..

If you give him your one vote after showing you shege for 4 years, heaven will judge you and you will not stop suffering because you don't even need a prophet to tell you that he will show you shege in the next 4 years..

Vote Labour, don't waste your vote.. Sanwo won't be contesting like an idiot like this if labour party legitimately led by only 10k votes.. they know the real figure.

526 Likes 62 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu On His Plans For Youths & Peter Obi's Lagos Win by Reinamaria(f): 12:18pm On Mar 08, 2023
It has finally dawned on them that Labour party is a movement - a force to be reckoned with.

304 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu On His Plans For Youths & Peter Obi's Lagos Win by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 08, 2023
Sanwo Olu remains the best, I don’t believe in someone that incite violence with his posts all over social media.

149 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu On His Plans For Youths & Peter Obi's Lagos Win by 2mch(m): 12:19pm On Mar 08, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:

- Visited more churches, computer village, Balogun market than he has done in 4years.

-Opened Apongbon bridge

- Unban Okada Ban

If you give him your one vote after showing you shege for 4 years, heaven will judge you and you will not stop suffering because you don't even need a prophet to tell you that he will show you shege in the next 4 years..

Vote Labour, don't waste your vote.. Sanwo won't be contesting like an idiot like this if labour party legitimately led by only 10k votes.. they know the real figure
The impounded vehicles have been released since before Presidential.

Okada remains banned.

Lagos does not have issue of unpaid pension like in Anambra for instance which is months or years.
Your other stories are also fake.

372 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu On His Plans For Youths & Peter Obi's Lagos Win by MrSegunAdewole: 12:21pm On Mar 08, 2023
GRV we know oo

93 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu On His Plans For Youths & Peter Obi's Lagos Win by Novarisammy2: 12:21pm On Mar 08, 2023
If there is a thief and insolent government that exploits the people in a country, it means that there is an obedient and incapable nation that lacks the ability to make a revolution either physically on the streets or
intellectually in the ballot box!

8 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu On His Plans For Youths & Peter Obi's Lagos Win by emorse(m): 12:23pm On Mar 08, 2023
Bros dey hustle like never before. I said it before now that regardless of whomever wins in these elections, Nigeria is on her way to greatness. The youths are realising how powerful they are and I'm loving it!

136 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu On His Plans For Youths & Peter Obi's Lagos Win by Massiveglory: 12:24pm On Mar 08, 2023
grin grin grin
OBIDIENTS don reset sanwolu brain.
The man don humble.

Just few weeks ago , dem invite oga sanwolu with other contestants to come talk to Lagosians for covenant centre.
Sanwolu cut chain. E vex , tell dem say e no go fit show as lagos big boy.

As OBIDIENTS give am sign, take over lagos, bros de shake. Bros don humble.
Now e de write espitles de call Lagosians my darling, my dear. grin.
Small tin now e go call us my love. grin

I hear say e don discharge all the moto way dem seize. Na im de beg owners to come collect their moto free of charge. grin

OBIDIENTS, una to look muchhh.

176 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu On His Plans For Youths & Peter Obi's Lagos Win by iichidodo: 12:25pm On Mar 08, 2023
Revenge for Lekki Tollgate... Revenge for Funsho Williams....Kick out high cost of goods and services caused by excessive taxation and extortion from MCOLUOMO and his gang...Put Yoruba in Yoruba seat...Put Aboriginal Lagos Yoruba in Lagos seat..Vote Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour...Vote Labour..

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu On His Plans For Youths & Peter Obi's Lagos Win by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 08, 2023
Sorrynovex:

Sorry no vex

Is that why Tinubu gave birth to a homosexual?
Go to Bourdillion to ask him that.

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu On His Plans For Youths & Peter Obi's Lagos Win by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 08, 2023
MrSegunAdewole:
GRV we know oo
What has GRV done that you know?

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu On His Plans For Youths & Peter Obi's Lagos Win by AdaojoTheUrchin: 12:28pm On Mar 08, 2023
'Elections are not won on social media'...no be for Southern politics. grin

Social media dey tear southern politicians back on a steady. grin

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu On His Plans For Youths & Peter Obi's Lagos Win by Racoon(m): 12:30pm On Mar 08, 2023
grin Fear just dey terrify somebody like burning fire.

10 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu On His Plans For Youths & Peter Obi's Lagos Win by Novarisammy2: 12:30pm On Mar 08, 2023
2mch:

Okada remains banned.

Lagos does not have issue of unpaid pension like in Anambra for instance which is months or years.

what is the relationship between Anambra and this post

abi u Sha wan display ur inherited mental deficiencies

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu On His Plans For Youths & Peter Obi's Lagos Win by Moh247: 12:31pm On Mar 08, 2023
cool

Labour in vain Party

Atleast foolish Yoruba kids forming woke can now see Obi movement for Ibos is just about hate for Yoruba, and means to dominate and take what isn't theirs

They have finished hating Tinubu

Now they hate Sanwo-Olu

*Sanwo-Olu is a Christian like them
*Sanwo-Olu completed standard bridges
*Sanwo-Olu built model schools
*Sanwo-Olu completed light Rail

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu On His Plans For Youths & Peter Obi's Lagos Win by 00FFT00(m): 12:33pm On Mar 08, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:

-Opened Apongbon bridge
- Unban Okada Ban

Vote Labour, don't waste your vote.. Sanwo won't be contesting like an idiot like this if labour party legitimately led by only 10k votes.. they know the real figure.

Every Lagosian need to heed the words this man spoke above. If you like yourselves, that is.
Vote Lp, vote for Chinedu, a Nigerian of Yoruba ancestory.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu On His Plans For Youths & Peter Obi's Lagos Win by Rollsnjaguar(m): 12:33pm On Mar 08, 2023
A true leader @GRVlagos in Ajegunle to commiserate with victims of arson within the community.

A better lagos!

https://twitter.com/akintollgate/status/1633426371253772289?t=-rawD0DCIFuD4fKw_6Brow&s=08

10 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu On His Plans For Youths & Peter Obi's Lagos Win by RuddyFusion(m): 12:35pm On Mar 08, 2023
2mch:

Okada remains banned.

Children of hate , so for all examples you could use it's Anambra.....hate will eliminate all of you

22 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu On His Plans For Youths & Peter Obi's Lagos Win by Beremx(f): 12:41pm On Mar 08, 2023
Sanwoolu's plans for youths now that his second term is at stake.
Sanwoolu knows the presidential election was rigged because the margin between APC and LP was massive. There's no way he will be able to rig this coming election as it was done for Tinubu

It's GRV and no one else!!

49 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Another Fallen Hero(picture) / Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari / Judge Adedayo Akintoye Buys Property In Dubai’s Burj Khalifa - Peoples Gazette

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.