Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,983 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

INEC Mulling Postponement Of Governorship Elections - The Cable - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Mulling Postponement Of Governorship Elections - The Cable (51624 Views)

2019 Elections: The States Buhari And Atiku Won / BREAKING: APC Releases List Of Governorship Candidates From 24 States / Soldiers Patrol Round Ekiti Town Over Outcome Of Governorship Election. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Mulling Postponement Of Governorship Elections - The Cable by JetStar: 9:09pm On Mar 08, 2023
OfeAchi:
No postponements please.
If the bvas isn't ready due to court orders, by all means establish the use of manual accreditation. Nigeria is too young a country to burden itself with the nitty gritty that come with technology implementation.

Take a look at the debacles within the banking sector in trying to implement total digital banking. Failed transfers wrong debits, et all.

Nigeria is not ready.
Manual accreditation, voting and results collation is the only efficient way.

The banks and telecoms are using computers to keep track of customers spendings and deposits and the figures are always consistent. E reach INEC turn you kon dey blow big grammar "nitty-gritty" after dem don collect 300billion just for election that will hold in one day? How much the banks dey spend sef?

1 Like

Re: INEC Mulling Postponement Of Governorship Elections - The Cable by Faber(m): 9:10pm On Mar 08, 2023
tuoyoojo:

So LP will go and sit in one corner and watch PDP and APC campaigning.... abi na wetin exactly u mean ni

So what does APC and PDP want to say that they have not already said

It really difficult to sell a not too good product

E get some products when nor dey do adverts but people dey rush them

Leave am. Postponement of burial by the bereaved family doesn't mean the dead don wake up. Dem go still bury am.🤣🤣
If they like make them postpone the elections, we go still bury PDAPC😎

1 Like

Re: INEC Mulling Postponement Of Governorship Elections - The Cable by OgaTheTop2: 9:14pm On Mar 08, 2023
Legitisreal:
people like this which kind reality dey wan live in
Why are you stalking me I am far better with my life than what's going on in Nigeria. I just want a better Nigeria for generations now and next. Stop quoting unnecessary.
Re: INEC Mulling Postponement Of Governorship Elections - The Cable by DeepSight(m): 9:15pm On Mar 08, 2023
tuoyoojo:

Mehn!!

I didn't even think that far

It's obvious oga bubu wants to continue this redesign policy till the gubernatorial elections o to get back at all those governors

Let's see how it goes

Its not funny at all but person when don see 99 nor dey fear 100

Gbam! You have said it all. I have even closed my mind that things may reman like this till May 39th/ Early June.
Re: INEC Mulling Postponement Of Governorship Elections - The Cable by tuoyoojo(m): 9:16pm On Mar 08, 2023
Faber:

Leave am. Postponement of burial by the bereaved family doesn't mean the dead don wake up. Dem go still bury am.🤣🤣
If they like make them postpone the elections, we go still bury PDAPC😎

I swear down

Them Don dey tensh

This na why e not good make u send boy to do a man's work

If to say na to cook books for narco trade, baba sabi that one

But rigging when even 6 months old baby confirm say e happen, then every don cast be that

Tilibu nor fit don jagaban for this one

He nor see whose mandate him go thief, na from ibo trader !

2 Likes

Re: INEC Mulling Postponement Of Governorship Elections - The Cable by tuoyoojo(m): 9:17pm On Mar 08, 2023
DeepSight:

Gbam! You have said it all. I have even closed my mind that things may reman like this till May 39th/ Early June.

Oh mehn this bubu's parting gift nor pure at all o
Re: INEC Mulling Postponement Of Governorship Elections - The Cable by Debangis20(m): 9:18pm On Mar 08, 2023
Pls let INEC not postpone anything. Let us resume campus immediately.
Re: INEC Mulling Postponement Of Governorship Elections - The Cable by kay29000(m): 9:20pm On Mar 08, 2023
RichDad1:
No way. Let’s do this election and forget about it. The uncertainty and anxiety it brings is becoming unbearable.

For real. I can't wait for it to come and go
Re: INEC Mulling Postponement Of Governorship Elections - The Cable by ObaOfYorubaLand: 9:25pm On Mar 08, 2023
Helpfromabove1:
The court also emphasised that it never granted Obi and LP permission to access the database of INEC as misconceived by the electoral body.

It clarified that what was granted was an order giving Obi and LP permission to do electronic scanning and/or make photocopies of voter registration, and ballot papers used in the conduct of the election.

Inec abeg do this election so we can get back to how normal life

So why did inec cancel the election since you're too daft to read ordinary court order?

Does inec want to reuse the used ballot papers?

Most of you Yoruba Muslims are idiots. Enemies of good.
Re: INEC Mulling Postponement Of Governorship Elections - The Cable by ObaOfYorubaLand: 9:27pm On Mar 08, 2023
obi4eze:
INEC is the most corrupt body in Nigeria at the moment. See the rubbish they're doing after 3 years and spending over 200 billion.

350+ billion
Re: INEC Mulling Postponement Of Governorship Elections - The Cable by JonCina(m): 9:30pm On Mar 08, 2023
Poll23:
This Obi is just riding on religious privilege... Muslims silence should not be taken for granted

Dem dey talk B you don run go Q!
You funny o!
Re: INEC Mulling Postponement Of Governorship Elections - The Cable by ObaOfYorubaLand: 9:31pm On Mar 08, 2023
gassbee:
The court has granted inec request to configure bvas, so there is no room for postponement

The same court said inec should allow labour party two days to inspect and records all evidences or exhibits including bvas and irev data before they reconfigure the machine.

Inec doesn't have option than to comply.
Re: INEC Mulling Postponement Of Governorship Elections - The Cable by DeepSight(m): 9:31pm On Mar 08, 2023
tuoyoojo:

Oh mehn this bubu's parting gift nor pure at all o

I tell you. For all the misery he inflicted on Nigerians he still had to do one last nasty prank. This is a man who lusted after the presidency so much that one would have thought he really wanted to help the country. As it turns out he was just on a desperate ego trip. He felt entitled to it, thats all. In every respect he has been a capital failure and just sheer torture to this country.

1 Like

Re: INEC Mulling Postponement Of Governorship Elections - The Cable by eldeens: 9:36pm On Mar 08, 2023
Legitisreal:
Inec is not serious after the billions spent

They should get this election over with so that those riding horses in the air can settle with reality

The reality of denia, they are doomed in their own lies and sorrow
Re: INEC Mulling Postponement Of Governorship Elections - The Cable by Ahenda(m): 9:36pm On Mar 08, 2023
Loser’s limp is never ever attractive yet bad losers always employ the technique. INEC must go ahead with the election as the court clarification has spelt out nothing to stop it or delay it. We look forward to voting on Saturday
Re: INEC Mulling Postponement Of Governorship Elections - The Cable by herbalwisdom52(m): 9:38pm On Mar 08, 2023
Let there be a motion that will impeach president buhari this minute with immediate effect!

All the senators and legislators should plan for his immediate removal instantly with due effect......

How can a whole president be this wicked and heartless?

For 1 month now no citizen of this country called nigeria has any access to cash in their bank accounts.....

Is this not wickedness and abstructly RUDE?

LET THERE BE A SENATE MOTION TO IMPEACH PRESIDENT BUHARI THIS MINUTE with immediate effect.....

let him get out of that seat immediately and be replaced by someone else asap.......

In the next 2 weeks from now there will be a great famine in Nigeria......

I repeat in the next 2 weeks from now there will be a great famine Nigeria as a country has never seen before or will ever see again for generations.....

There is a hidden agenda for tinubu muslim muslim ticket....

They want to islamise nigeria in the year 2024::::

i repeat let there be a motion that will impeach president buhari imediately without any delay.....

Counter court wise will reject buhari.....

If all this hardships we nigerians are facing because of naira scarcity is been faced in country like the USA......CANADA......RUSSIA....CHINA....ENGLAND.....FRANCE.....GERMANY.... And the rest of the europe countries....

By now 75% of all their citizens will have commited suicide or homoside....

I mean they would have killed themselves completely and also impeached the president asap.....

But thank God we are blacks and we are much stronger than the whites......

If this naira scarcity continues then there will be a great famine in Nigeria in the next 2 weeks.....

The useless president even closed out borders for almost several years now and he is not yet impeached or something.....

I repeat let there be a motion that will impeach president buhari this minute with immediate effect.....

Signed and stamped by the MILLITARY
Re: INEC Mulling Postponement Of Governorship Elections - The Cable by Pwettylinda(f): 9:38pm On Mar 08, 2023
Legitisreal:

They should get this election over with so that those riding horses in the air can settle with reality

Na your poor father I just dey pity

Poverty go finish him😀😀
Re: INEC Mulling Postponement Of Governorship Elections - The Cable by fireforsteel: 9:39pm On Mar 08, 2023
KanuSE:

Dey there dey reply yasef. grin
I no kee person naa smiley
Re: INEC Mulling Postponement Of Governorship Elections - The Cable by Legitisreal: 9:41pm On Mar 08, 2023
Pwettylinda:

Na your poor father I just dey pity

Poverty go finish him😀😀
not everyone is your father na

You even dey live under your cursed father that's why he is the first thing that jumped into your mind

Shebi na the poverty make you pick up female moniker for local scam to take better your family
Re: INEC Mulling Postponement Of Governorship Elections - The Cable by Pwettylinda(f): 9:44pm On Mar 08, 2023
Legitisreal:
not everyone is your father na

You even dey live under your cursed father that's why he is the first thing that jumped into your mind

Shebi na the poverty make you pick up female moniker for local scam to take better your family
May thiefnubuu fall on your mumu father
Re: INEC Mulling Postponement Of Governorship Elections - The Cable by Legitisreal: 9:46pm On Mar 08, 2023
Pwettylinda:

May thiefnubuu fall on your mumu father
wow, which kind ptsd you suffer for your papa hand like this that you think everyone papa is cursed like urs

Linda abi na ifeanyi learn work dey commot for house, nairaland Yahoo no be work
Re: INEC Mulling Postponement Of Governorship Elections - The Cable by tuoyoojo(m): 9:48pm On Mar 08, 2023
DeepSight:

I tell you. For all the misery he inflicted on Nigerians he still had to do one last nasty prank. This is a man who lusted after the presidency so much that one would have thought he really wanted to help the country. As it turns out he was just on a desperate ego trip. He felt entitled to it, thats all. In every respect he has been a capital failure and just sheer torture to this country.

He would go down as the one of the most infamous presidents of our time

All he wanted was power and nothing more

Not because of the love for his people

See his state of Katsina, bandits reigning free

The economy in shambles

I am sure when I tell my kids that during Buhari's regime there was no money, they would find it hard to believe

1 Like

Re: INEC Mulling Postponement Of Governorship Elections - The Cable by Elaric(m): 9:49pm On Mar 08, 2023
What was the reason for the nullification of Adeleke's election by the tribunal?
What was the reason INEC gave for appealing the case? Because I remember I heard something like the upload to backup server not being everything in the backup server from the Bvas, bla bla bla
Someone with the right inform can refresh our mind on it n enlighten us here.
Re: INEC Mulling Postponement Of Governorship Elections - The Cable by Desusi: 9:51pm On Mar 08, 2023
Legitisreal:

Before the presidential election, you people are saying that tinubu can never be president, after the election, he was given a certificate to take off now again, after he won,you people are still saying he can never be president. Who is deceiving who? I beg let the sleeping dig lies.
Re: INEC Mulling Postponement Of Governorship Elections - The Cable by Roon9(m): 9:51pm On Mar 08, 2023
Legitisreal:

Ode!
Re: INEC Mulling Postponement Of Governorship Elections - The Cable by Lilimax(f): 9:53pm On Mar 08, 2023
RichDad1:
No way. Let’s do this election and forget about it. The uncertainty and anxiety it brings is becoming unbearable.
No. They should not tamper with the BVAS until the presidential court case between Tinubu and Obi is concluded. Let the governorship be placed on hold abeg. Our stolen mandate must be restored.
Re: INEC Mulling Postponement Of Governorship Elections - The Cable by Bigsunny01(m): 9:56pm On Mar 08, 2023
grin grin high neck

I don't even understand

Did u guys really think u dealing wit kids grin

Is it not obvious
Re: INEC Mulling Postponement Of Governorship Elections - The Cable by carbon1224(m): 9:56pm On Mar 08, 2023
Let emefele release money to the market
Re: INEC Mulling Postponement Of Governorship Elections - The Cable by nedekid: 9:57pm On Mar 08, 2023
LibertyRep:
This may be inevitable, and could mean that INEC has succumbed to the shenanigans of the mischief makers.

Everyone knows that there's no way the commission could deploy the BVAS for the gubernatorial elections without first resetting it, so that the counting will begin from zero.

What should have been demanded ab inito is the order to compel INEC to back up the info of the earlier elections in an accessible server ( if that has not been done) and make it available to all parties involved.

Sadly some people know the truth but will just spread other narratives to suit whatever agenda they have, and perhaps appeal to their mob for validation.

This of course does not exonerate INEC from wrong doings.
That BVAS device seems to be android or something similar. Do you actually believe you have to reset it to reuse it?
Certainly it cannot be 4mb ram and 8 gig storage. Even the average tablet or mid range phone will contain all the info in each polling unit a hundred times over.
INEC should not relate with Nigerians as if they are ignoramus/ naive.
The action of INEC seems insincere.
Re: INEC Mulling Postponement Of Governorship Elections - The Cable by Nuliberry: 9:57pm On Mar 08, 2023
Lovetth:
May God help us in this country

Amen!

1 Like

Re: INEC Mulling Postponement Of Governorship Elections - The Cable by Omodua(m): 9:57pm On Mar 08, 2023
Omoawoke:
Lai lai

We are tired of Chinedu people and want peace and quiet after Saturday.
Chinedu GrV people must be silenced in 3 days time
Ethnic bigot.

A Yoruba Lady won senatorial seat in Abuja under LP. The indigenous people, Gwari,never protested that a Yoruba woman came to win elections when indigenous peoples abound. This shows civility and openness

But will APC touts and sympathisers like you allow Gbadebo Rhodes Vivour be instead of being bashed and tribalised?

Don't give impression that pigs with tribal marks have more face value before you because of your perception of non natives.

Grow up and play less tribal politics!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Picture Of Amaechi In Buba Attire, You Wont Believe He's The One / Cows Block Entrance Gate Of Ministry Of Finance, Abuja (Photo) / President Buhari Receives Prince Charles And Wife In Aso Rock. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.