Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

This Person Sounds Like Me. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Person Sounds Like Me. (317 Views)

Here's Why The Heaven And Hell Message Now Sounds Like A Joke. / Which Of These Two Sounds Like Good News To You? / What Nigerian Tribe Or Language Does "Nebuchadnezzar" Sounds Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Person Sounds Like Me. by mediclife1987(m): 10:32pm On Mar 08, 2023
"thank you for your elaborate and robust response. Unfortunately I actually do not want to believe in God anymore. That is what I'm actually trying to do, but find myself sucked back into believing something I really do not like.

There's really so much confusion about God that I'm no longer interested in getting to know him. I just want to get to know myself better instead.

Right now, I'm just like an emotional coward, stuck in a limbo believing God, just to have peace of mind, due to the psychological structures I've built in my mind over the prime of my years.

I want to stop believing God and still have peace of mind."

Hmmm, of a truth, this person does really sound like me!

1 Like

Re: This Person Sounds Like Me. by Kobojunkie: 10:34pm On Mar 08, 2023
mediclife1987:
"thank you for your elaborate and robust response. Unfortunately I actually do not want to believe in God anymore. That is what I'm actually trying to do, but find myself sucked back into believing something I really do not like.

There's really so much confusion about God that I'm no longer interested in getting to know him. I just want to get to know myself better instead. Right now, I'm just like an emotional coward, stuck in a limbo believing God, just to have peace of mind, due to the psychological structures I've built in my mind over the prime of my years. [b]I want to stop believing God and still have peace of mind." [/b]Hmmm, of a truth, this person does really sound like me!
All these mental acrobats... when you say you used to believe in God, did you ever actually encounter God during all that time or where you simply convinced that God is nothing but a mental delusion you were to cling to? undecided
Re: This Person Sounds Like Me. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:35pm On Mar 08, 2023
mediclife1987:

There's really so much confusion about God that I'm no longer interested in getting to know him. I just want to get to know myself better instead.

Right now, I'm just like an emotional coward, stuck in a limbo believing God, just to have peace of mind, due to the psychological structures I've built in my mind over the prime of my years.

I want to stop believing God and still have peace of mind."

Hmmm, of a truth, this person does really sound like me!

Then go ahead now, no one is stopping you. Give yourself the peace you are looking for.
Re: This Person Sounds Like Me. by mediclife1987(m): 10:50pm On Mar 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
All these mental acrobats... when you say you used to believe in God, did you ever actually encounter God during all that time or where you simply convinced that God is nothing but a mental delusion you were to cling to? undecided

I think it's the latter...
Re: This Person Sounds Like Me. by Kobojunkie: 11:16pm On Mar 08, 2023
mediclife1987:
I think it's the latter...
So you never in fact met God for yourself but started believing because others told you to. I put it to you that what you are in fact tired of isn't God Himself as but the delusion that you have been feeding your mind in the place of God. I can clearly understand how stressful led such meaninglessness can be. undecided
Re: This Person Sounds Like Me. by fykes(m): 1:35am On Mar 09, 2023
The very meaning of the word belief underlines a conviction...much more than mere mental ascent.

If you can ever stop believing something you once believed in, you need no proof that you never believed.

I believe in God...I believe the bible is the word of God...i have encountered God in so many ways in so many things and God is God.

Whether you believe God or not has no effect on him, rather it defines your very little time here on earth.
When you go to bed at night and sleep, you are no different from the dead...except ofcos for God's mercy that wakes you up.
because if your eyes don't open in the morning...you can't open them yourself
Re: This Person Sounds Like Me. by Kobojunkie: 2:41am On Mar 09, 2023
fykes:
■The very meaning of the word belief underlines a conviction...much more than mere mental ascent. If you can ever stop believing something you once believed in, you need no proof that you never believed.
■ I believe in God...I believe the bible is the word of God...i have encountered God in so many ways in so many things and God is God.
■ Whether you believe God or not has no effect on him, rather it defines your very little time here on earth.
■ When you go to bed at night and sleep, you are no different from the dead...except ofcos for God's mercy that wakes you up.
because if your eyes don't open in the morning...you can't open them yourself
1. What you described is exactly that, mental ascent, powered by thought and no proof, and that is the delusion OP is tired of holding on to. undecided

2. So, you have never actually gotten proof of God instead your belief is based on amounts to random encounters with God? undecided

3. Indeed, God is God all by Himself, however, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob promised that He would reside 24/7 inside of those who believe in Him. So random encounters don't cut it at all when it comes to saying one believes in God. As a matter of fact, to believe in God, as described by Jesus Christ, instead means to live one's life in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ — that is what it means to believe in God. And as Jesus Christ made clear, it is in those who live that lifestyle that He, and the father, will make their homes on the inside. undecided

God's Word says that He, God, will directly answer those who obey Him meaning that they will get the proof their minds desire directly if they will choose to obey. So, OP is right to reject that delusion that you describe. undecided

4. Please stop repeating this hogwash! When sleeping one is different from the dead as the breath of life remains in such unlike the dead who are no more. undecided
Re: This Person Sounds Like Me. by mediclife1987(m): 5:30am On Mar 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So you never in fact met God for yourself but started believing because others told you to. I put it to you that what you are in fact tired of isn't God Himself as but the delusion that you have been feeding your mind in the place of God. I can clearly understand how stressful led such meaninglessness can be. undecided

Na you Sabi, e TU mi si le
Re: This Person Sounds Like Me. by Kobojunkie: 5:43am On Mar 09, 2023
mediclife1987:
Na you Sabi, e TU mi si le
You created the thread! undecided
Re: This Person Sounds Like Me. by mysticwarrior(m): 6:12am On Mar 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
kobojunkie you don start again.
Re: This Person Sounds Like Me. by HellVictorinho7: 8:00am On Mar 09, 2023
mysticwarrior:
kobojunkie you don start again.
if someone says, i know god exists, what is new there?

(1) (Reply)

Brazil Mocked Jesus / Should I Just Go Spiritual? Please Help A Confused Brother / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.