Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,280 members, 7,954,105 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:25 PM

Voting GRV Is A Step Towards The Greatness Of Other Parts of Yorubaland - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Voting GRV Is A Step Towards The Greatness Of Other Parts of Yorubaland (1198 Views)

GRV Is Back. Situation Report In Lagos Gubernatorial: ARISE TV, 3 hours ago / GRV Is Pro OPC & Yoruba Nation Agitator / Kidnapping: China Cautions Citizens To Avoid Nigeria, Other Parts Of Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Voting GRV Is A Step Towards The Greatness Of Other Parts of Yorubaland by ElSudani: 5:55pm On Mar 12, 2023
This is what you write after eating ten wraps of akpu and six bottles of Hero beer. Mkpurinmiri might be involved too.

2 Likes

Re: Voting GRV Is A Step Towards The Greatness Of Other Parts of Yorubaland by forgiveness: 6:31pm On Mar 12, 2023
AlexBells:
What most Yorubas don’t understand is that Lagos is leading to the negligence of other Yoruba state, I happen to speak to some very intelligent Yoruba folks, who as well are impacted by Igbophobia I have told several of them, the Igbo Nation have no interest in seizing Lagos and referring to Lagos as no man’s land should be among the lingo of National trivia rather than a systematic domineering agenda.

The impact of Lagos even in the development of AlaIgbo is worrisome to me as whenever I have a chance I always remind my friends that the Igbo Nation needs to mitigate the migration to Lagos however this needs time, planning and of course alternative to Lagos, I have watched the rest of Yorubaland and none of them is really experiencing a significant amount of growth, Lagos as a port city that depends a lot on import rather than export is killing nearby economy and such it is time to vote in someone who will give Lagos a semblance of autonomy from the rest of south west states.

Look at the airport in other states in the south west, none of them is standard nor even really functional but one can see that the airport in PH is functioning alongside the airport in Enugu and other parts of AlaIgbo. Also to the average Igbo man, business is very crucial opening up or even building new seaports in AlaIgbo would be very crucial to decongesting Lagos.

The terrible side of Lagos to Yoruba development is that without autonomy for Lagos which I believe GRV would implement, other Yoruba states may be stagnated. Look at the city of Ibadan it got its first skyscraper first before Lagos, Ibadan also got the first cinema in Nigeria it is supposed to be way ahead of any city in Nigeria but today I don’t think Ibadan as a city is in the same sentence with Enugu and Kaduna the formal regional capitals when even at then Ibadan was ahead. It is not too late for the Yorubas to turn around and rethink their destiny. Open deification is a bigger problem in South West than GRV winning. I urge all sensible Yorubas that is seeing the amount of damage Lagos as a port city with import dependence is doing to the Yoruba indigenous industries.

Vote GRV for a better Yorubaland.

You're not making sense at all.

Who developed Enugu and Owerri airport? Odua during GEJ tenure. But neglected the Ibadan and Ondo airport.

As a matter of fact, Ogun state airport is 85% complete.

Moreover, Ibadan is far more developed than Enugu and Kaduna combined. No comparison.

1 Like

Re: Voting GRV Is A Step Towards The Greatness Of Other Parts of Yorubaland by AlexBells(m): 6:33pm On Mar 12, 2023
forgiveness:

Who developed Enugu and Owerri airport? Odua during GEJ tenure. But neglected the Ibadan and Ondo airport.

Moreover, Ibadan is far more developed than Enugu and Kaduna combined. No comparison.
It is only in your dreams that Ibadan is more developed than Enugu, you mean with open defecation or what exactly. What's your Yardstick of such development? Standard of living?, housing, transportation, road network?
Re: Voting GRV Is A Step Towards The Greatness Of Other Parts of Yorubaland by kk2027: 6:49pm On Mar 12, 2023
Following
Re: Voting GRV Is A Step Towards The Greatness Of Other Parts of Yorubaland by forgiveness: 7:08pm On Mar 12, 2023
AlexBells:

Well, I can’t change your perspective nor force you at list be civil and not refer to a whole tribe of people as foolish however, if you look at which tribe has the biggest indigenous industry you know the Igbo does, nearly all what you have in south west are Indian and Lebanese companies plus of course a large chunk of industrial shares going to the Igbos, Lagos is making indigenous industry impossible or tough in south west, Lagos needs to be in the right hand, second Lekki deep seaport won’t have been implemented now until Lagos or the western region have enough to export, just keep opening more doors for China, India and Lebanon

Globacom, Wema bank, Leadway assurance, GTBANK, FCM bank, Tasty fried chicken, Chicken republic, Eassay holding limited, Modandola group, Honeywell, Hyden oil, Famfa oil and over thousands of business in SW are owned by Lebanese and Indians, abi?

See as he stylishly put himself behind Lebanese and Indians. grin

Dude, stop fooling yourself. Which industrial shares going to SE? Mention 10.

1 Like

Re: Voting GRV Is A Step Towards The Greatness Of Other Parts of Yorubaland by forgiveness: 7:15pm On Mar 12, 2023
AlexBells:

It is only in your dreams that Ibadan is more developed than Enugu, you mean with open defecation or what exactly. What's your Yardstick of such development? Standard of living?, housing, transportation, road network?

There is nothing in Enugu.

The service sector in Ibadan is bigger than that of almost all the service sector in SE.

Good roads, bridges, transportation system, railway, water, light, economic, social, cultural, health, education etc. Ibadan is miles ahead.

In terms of housing, Ibadan is far far ahead of Enugu. If you don't know ask or do research.

1 Like

Re: Voting GRV Is A Step Towards The Greatness Of Other Parts of Yorubaland by ariesbull: 7:15am On Mar 14, 2023
forgiveness:

Before you can say that...Odua didn't build Anambra airport the state built it

Imo airport was built by the state ...

Yorubaa must start developing their regions...I 2ws at Molote and Bodija in Ibadan trust me ,Ibadan is backwards when placed with Enugu the same regional capital

How many flights land in Ibadan daily
Re: Voting GRV Is A Step Towards The Greatness Of Other Parts of Yorubaland by forgiveness: 4:18pm On Mar 14, 2023
ariesbull:

Before you can say that...Odua didn't build Anambra airport the state built it

Imo airport was built by the state ...

Yorubaa must start developing their regions...I 2ws at Molote and Bodija in Ibadan trust me ,Ibadan is backwards when placed with Enugu the same regional capital

How many flights land in Ibadan daily

Where did you see Anambra airport in my comment?

Odua refurbished Owerrri and Enugu to standard. Fact.

Ibadan is far more developed than Enugu. Fact.

1 Like

Re: Voting GRV Is A Step Towards The Greatness Of Other Parts of Yorubaland by Christistruth02: 3:10am On May 10, 2023
Ask Gbadebo Rhodes to repeat all what you just wrote in Yoruba

We just want to confirm something

2 Likes

Re: Voting GRV Is A Step Towards The Greatness Of Other Parts of Yorubaland by sunboy(m): 4:10am On May 10, 2023
Election is over! Are you guys already campaigning for 2027 ??
Re: Voting GRV Is A Step Towards The Greatness Of Other Parts of Yorubaland by AlexBells(m): 5:07am On May 10, 2023
sunboy:
Election is over! Are you guys already campaigning for 2027 ??
Check the date the post was made

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Deny South East The Senate President, Don’t Deny Us The Speaker Of The Ho / 3 States In 4 Hrs Peter Obi Arrives Edo State / Makinde Accedes To Muric’s Call, Removes Name From Mosque

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.