Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? (21437 Views)

Benue State University Strike And Rumors You've Heard / Best Nigerian Social Networking Sites / What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 15, 2011
The Most Popular Rumour In Nigeria

I was thinking, what is the most popular rumour in nigeria. To me it was the one that Nigeria super eagles played india with a scoreline of 99 - 1 or was it 100 - 0  grin grin I can't remember now. I heard  that rumour way back 1996 and do you know, the most crazy thing here is that india had never played football or a fifa tournament before. Others could be  grin grin grin
1. Acid rain
2. yar'adua death
3. May 12th judgement day
  Oya nl let's hear your comment
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by kokoA(m): 10:09am On Sep 15, 2011
Killer number undecided
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by Xfactoria: 10:21am On Sep 15, 2011
Thunder Balogun, remember you left leg!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

I believed this rumour for a long time when I was a little boy!

1 Like

Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by seanet02: 10:36am On Sep 15, 2011
That Goodluck Ebele Azikwe Jonathan does not have a shoe.
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by redsun(m): 10:39am On Sep 15, 2011
How about that awo is on the moon?
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by kokoA(m): 10:58am On Sep 15, 2011
gbomor gbomor people that steal children in the nieties grin
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by blacksta(m): 11:08am On Sep 15, 2011
Some silly crap  - about people who steal bosoms and di cks once they touch you - I remember people going round holding on to their stuff like it would make any difference.
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by chuckdee4(m): 12:13pm On Sep 15, 2011
That half the Italian team tested positive for coke after they knowcked the Super Eagles out of USA 94
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by buzugee(m): 12:14pm On Sep 15, 2011
*edited for indecency* lord forgive my weak and feeble soul. i aint but a mere mortal taken to the whims of the flesh embarassed
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by dipo1: 12:17pm On Sep 15, 2011
^^^

Good thing you know
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by BALLERON(m): 12:18pm On Sep 15, 2011
>>>> Obasanjo owns Oando.
>>>> IBB owns Glo
>>>> Dbanj is Dating Genee.

More to come
*Thinking*
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by buzugee(m): 12:22pm On Sep 15, 2011
dipo+:

^^^

Good thing you know
grin am about to edit for indecency
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by femmy2010(m): 12:23pm On Sep 15, 2011
Thunder Balogun and his famous killer shot.
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by buzugee(m): 12:26pm On Sep 15, 2011
if you to the market after midnight, you will see traders there who are upside down or with no legs.
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by anishe(m): 12:27pm On Sep 15, 2011
the rumoured death of obj
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by SHABZ: 12:29pm On Sep 15, 2011
was told when i was young that a combination of garri n mango leads to death.Gosh,i believed this till secondary school days
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by lynkyinka(m): 12:30pm On Sep 15, 2011
Don't wear clothes today, three persons just did in lagos and are in coma in LUTH. Ill advice dat u all go abt naked pending whn we find d reason for this, pls pass it on to save lives
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by Arosa(m): 12:30pm On Sep 15, 2011
Nigerians do demons. (Rita Igbinadion said so)
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by nwaafo1: 12:34pm On Sep 15, 2011
The Nigeria vs Indian match, where they walloped Naija by 100 nill, but Nigeria still won the match, and that  FIFA later banned India from participating in international football competitions

1 Like

Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by unalaoted: 12:35pm On Sep 15, 2011
[color=#990000][/color]
Actually Acid rain is possible, scientifically proven,
 rumours like,  
        obj is dead
         mandela is dead
         killer number and soo on , lwkmd,
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by nagoma(m): 12:37pm On Sep 15, 2011
That some children , especially of the poor, are witches.
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by denony(m): 12:37pm On Sep 15, 2011
That Obasanjo is an Igbo man  grin
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by mulumele(m): 12:43pm On Sep 15, 2011
Thunder Balogun fired a shot at Wembley stadium,England; the football never came down until after 2 days and he was set packing back to Nigeria because they believed he was out of this world.
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by uzoo: 12:48pm On Sep 15, 2011
killer beans

killer number

Ojukwu was dead

Tupac is alive
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 15, 2011
That drinking coca cola after eating mango leads to complications or death
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by shadrach77: 12:59pm On Sep 15, 2011
there was this one about pele when he came to play in nigeria - he wanted to take a penalty and best ogedegbe was in goal, so he removed the lace on his boots, and sold a dummy to the keeper, acting as if he wanted to shoot, so his boot flew off his leg and went to the right side of the post. the keeper was fooled and dived to catch the boot and pele then shot the ball to the empty left side of the post. I believed this for a long time but looking back at it now, which referee in his right senses would have allowed such a goal to stand?  grin grin grin
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by KOMBE: 1:05pm On Sep 15, 2011
Nnamdi Azikiwe has locked up river Niger and is with the key after fighting water mermaid
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by denony(m): 1:07pm On Sep 15, 2011
That FIFA banned India because they play with 22 players
11 on the air and 11 on the ground.

1 Like

Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by ifysimple(f): 1:10pm On Sep 15, 2011
lipsrsealed 666
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by Smilenw(f): 1:17pm On Sep 15, 2011
lucenzo:

I was thinking, what is the most popular rumour in nigeria. To me it was the one that Nigeria super eagles played india with a scoreline of 99 - 1 or was it 100 - 0  grin grin I can't remember now. I heard  that rumour way back 1996 and do you know, the most crazy thing here is that india had never played football or a fifa tournament before. Others could be  grin grin grin
1. Acid rain
2. yar'adua death
3. May 12th judgement day
 Oya nl let's hear your comment

Are you sure @ the bolded? What do you think some of the Nigerian football players who are there in India are upto? Playing tennis ?undecided Guess they have never played in a FIFA tournament coz I've read somewhere they got selected once long back but didn't have shoes to play and hence couldn't play  cheesy

Back to topic, Yaradua's death. Got so used to hearing it every other day that when he actually died, was happy for the man smiley
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by yusuf2(m): 1:22pm On Sep 15, 2011
1. Bush babies
2. Madam koi-koi
3. Killer beans

By the way, i heard d world wld end on 11/11/11 @ 11:11 am.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Things Extraordinary People Say Everyday. / Happy Independence Day Nigeria And Happy New Month!!! / Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.