Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident (21553 Views)

Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor / Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident / 6 Dead, 80 Injured In Lagos Train - BRT Bus Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Almiron: 3:25pm On Mar 09, 2023
EsvRotimiJubril:
Heard the driver survived and escaped from the scene. The werey didn't stop when he was flagged down, and the passengers tried stopping him, he never listened. I pray he is caught and prosecuted.
chai, make dem give am jungle justice whenever dem catch am, I sabi say na negligence cos am, most of the brt drivers if not na former danfo drivers. Dem no well at all

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Chetas81(m): 3:25pm On Mar 09, 2023
BOLATINUBU01:
the driver na ipob
I'm not an igbo Man you must be stupid on this COMMENT from your ridiculous mentality

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Almiron: 3:25pm On Mar 09, 2023
EsvRotimiJubril:
It is Lagos State staff bus, there are some staffs that needed to alight around that side.
oh, ok.
Re: FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident by 0monnak0da: 3:26pm On Mar 09, 2023
Who is responsible for signalling?
Re: FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Omenlon: 3:26pm On Mar 09, 2023
yinkus6750:
Can't understand how a bus will move on a track of a moving train
Likely the carelessness of the driver
Was there an NRC personnel with flag to stop cars ?
Souls lost unjustly.
May their souls RIP
that place is a normal crossing point into Ikeja GRA. Just that some drivers are always in a hurry even if they see a train coming from afar. Me I don't try it, because if your car quench for that kain place, na die be dat

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Almiron: 3:27pm On Mar 09, 2023
oladipuposadeeq:
no traffic no hold am, he see say the train dey come wan con form van damme with that long bus say make he pass b4 the train go reach there unfortunately the train sandwich them inside the bus and another angle I would blame the govt is this, there is one metal gate that closes or comes down anytime a train is passing within a premises. Those things no dey any train passway anymore I no know if na those iron condemn steal them or they no even put them there because if it was there, this wouldn't have happened. Even the said driver don run but I know say they go catch am except he go just go die somewhere.
my guess was right then, cos whenever that thing is coming, the noise if deafening, dem must find and kill that drive cos na his stupidity kill those ppl
Re: FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Chetas81(m): 3:27pm On Mar 09, 2023
Ceenachi:
What was the driver thinking?
Was he high on drug, alcohol or something? Was it a Spiritual attack ?
All this question is going on my mind right now...
There is no need for any investigation. It is a sheer waste of time and resources

May GOD console every family affected..
Untimely death can never be our portion 🙏
the LAGOSIAN with sacrifice are now 5&6
Re: FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident by gfon(m): 3:28pm On Mar 09, 2023
diplomat058:
Good. It might be a terrorist attack on the South West. And we all know who the Southern terrorists are ...
were you born with this stupidity or you inherited it?

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident by enomakos(m): 3:28pm On Mar 09, 2023
Sad
Re: FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Unrated900(m): 3:29pm On Mar 09, 2023
Raymondfayowole:
look at the number of people helping and the number of people recording...sad times we live in

Same happened today is meran bustop
We lost a brother
He was driving
And a faragon was coming from one way.
Our own guy wanted to pull over from the back of the. VEHICLE he is, not know the faragon was on a one way of 80km/H
Heavy collision the faragon hit the car heavily the guy's head got busted, he came out shouting for help, bastards were therr recording, 5 minutes later he lost all blood and died.
Govt has innocently killed many civilians than personal death.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Unrated900(m): 3:29pm On Mar 09, 2023
Raymondfayowole:
look at the number of people helping and the number of people recording...sad times we live in

Same happened today in meran bustop
We lost a brother
He was driving
Our own guy wanted to pull out from the back of the. VEHICLE he is at his back, not knowing the faragon was on a one way of 80km/H
Heavy collision the faragon hit the car heavily the guy's head got busted, he came out shouting for help, bastards were there recording, 5 minutes later he lost all blood and died.
Govt has innocently killed many civilians than personal death

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident by 0monnak0da: 3:32pm On Mar 09, 2023
What exactly is the job of FRSC?

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Omenlon: 3:32pm On Mar 09, 2023
WHUNMMI:
When Agbero is modified into BRT driver, what should we expect...? It's rather unfortunate with the loss of lives. May those who have slept RIP and the injured recover sooner.

I come in peace...
for crying out loud, no be BRT bus, na Lagos State staff bus. The driver is Lagos State worker. Those who don't know Lagos should always ask questions before commenting.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident by 9jaRealist: 3:34pm On Mar 09, 2023
diplomat058:
Good. It might be a terrorist attack on the South West. And we all know who the Southern terrorists are ...
GOTVee:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, the bus driver might be an obidient who is angry at the outcome of the presidential elections and decided to go suicidal just like a suicide bomber don't mind blowing innocent people to smithereens. On a serious note if not properly nipped in the bud by the government, the obidients might soon metamorphos into a terrorist group like their sister groups Ipob and ESN sad

Can some of you please shelf your CRUDE PRIMITIVE TRIBALISM for a minute?! angry

RIP to the dead…
And Speedy Recovery to the injured.
>

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident by tolue42(m): 3:35pm On Mar 09, 2023
APCNig:
Okay na. Amaechi is supposed to be talking about this being that he built the rail. He did well, kudos Amaechi. But he overated himself and decided to face the Jagaban in a contest, something that even Obasanjo cannot do.

That was not the rail amaechi build
Re: FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident by BarrElChapo(m): 3:36pm On Mar 09, 2023
Aviation? What is transportation minister doing?
Re: FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident by PHZADDY1(m): 3:37pm On Mar 09, 2023
GOTVee:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, the bus driver might be an obidient who is angry at the outcome of the presidential elections and decided to go suicidal just like a suicide bomber don't mind blowing innocent people to smithereens. On a serious note if not properly nipped in the bud by the government, the obidients might soon metamorphos into a terrorist group like their sister groups Ipob and ESN sad
A fool and more

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Omenlon: 3:38pm On Mar 09, 2023
Unrated900:

Same happened today in meran bustop
We lost a brother
He was driving
Our own guy wanted to pull out from the back of the. VEHICLE he is at his back, not knowing the faragon was on a one way of 80km/H
Heavy collision the faragon hit the car heavily the guy's head got busted, he came out shouting for help, bastards were there recording, 5 minutes later he lost all blood and died.
Govt has innocently killed many civilians than personal death
it will take the grace of God to cure the madness in Lagos. I always pity the government. When they act, the same people come out hard on them with all sorts of criticism and political opponents take advantage of it to deceive the same people.

3 Likes

Re: FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Delicious22: 3:40pm On Mar 09, 2023
diplomat058:
Just see how you have grown to be a tribal fool here.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident by victorVIC1(m): 3:40pm On Mar 09, 2023
Almiron:
Why the BRT lag on the spot, abi shey traffic hold am ni. E pain me sha, I dey drive around that area wella. There must be investigation and the weyreh driver go survive based on the pictures and videos.

My regular axis as well. Some stubborn drivers no dey gre stop when the railway safety officers dey wave their flags to halt movement

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident by 9jaRealist: 3:41pm On Mar 09, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Nonsense. Both state and federal government should be sued for negligence but I doubt that would ever happen.

You failed to provide all the necessary precautions in place hence , the sad occurrence. There are people on the NRC steady payrolls who are supposed to man those intersection but refused to report there. Lagos State government as a means of protecting her people was supposed to have installed traffic light at those locations.

They think the fast speed train is yam abi? They'd be busy packing fried humans along the track everyday if cafe isn't taken with their negligence by the time the literail commences operation. No sensitization, nothing as we speak. They always want to copy the west but upside down. Over there, their government care about their people by putting those infrastructure in place. But here, the reverse is the case. They'd rather milk their people dry at the slightest opportunity.

The Light Rail trains will NOT come into contact with car traffic…
That’s why all of those OVERPASSES are being built on the Red Line.

>

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Almiron: 3:43pm On Mar 09, 2023
victorVIC1:

My regular axis as well. Some stubborn drivers no dey gre stop when the railway safety officers dey wave their flags to halt movement
He's mad, Ogun go kee all wherever he dey cos this isn't suppose to happen in that spot, unless say na blind and deaf man dey drive.
Re: FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident by 12inchess: 3:45pm On Mar 09, 2023
How will Minister of Aviation be the one investigating Train and Bus collision. What happened to the Minister of Transportation or FRSC? Is this not madness?

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident by 9jaRealist: 3:45pm On Mar 09, 2023
APCNig:
Okay na. Amaechi is supposed to be talking about this being that he built the rail. He did well, kudos Amaechi. But he overated himself and decided to face the Jagaban in a contest, something that even Obasanjo cannot do.

This is not the Lagos-Ibadan SGR services that “Amaechi built”, it’s the old narrow gauge NRC rail services…
>
Re: FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident by zikter(m): 3:46pm On Mar 09, 2023
Sijo01:
What concerns a bus with a train track 😕
through Lagos Abeoukuta express or Agege motor road as they call it, there are about four to six rail crossings from Ikeja to Mushin. I cross this particular one daily from work. Unfortunately, non has barricade to close the road when train is passing

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident by id4sho(m): 3:49pm On Mar 09, 2023
Driver's fault....
Re: FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident by uuzba(m): 3:49pm On Mar 09, 2023
0monnak0da:
Who is responsible for signalling?
The man dat use to on the signal is not arand!
-
Everything in Nigeria is undermanaged with untrained and unpaid staff.
Hense sh!t like this will continue to happen.
Re: FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident by 9jaRealist: 3:50pm On Mar 09, 2023
12inchess:
How will Minister of Aviation be the one investigating Train and Bus collision. What happened to the Minister of Transportation or FRSC? Is this not madness?

The NSIB (which used to be the Air accidents investigation bureau) is a parastatal under the Ministry of Aviation…
Given the new legislation in 2022 that expanded it into the NSIB, I expect it would become an independent MDA in due course.
>
Re: FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Eriokanmi: 3:51pm On Mar 09, 2023
9jaRealist:

The Light Rail trains will NOT come into contact with car traffic…
That’s why all of those OVERPASSES are being built on the Red Line.

>
Did I say it would come in contact in to car traffic? Read my message again and where i faulted them for lack of sensitisation. Lagodians are so stubborn. By the time they scale the barbed fence and attempt to cross the barricaded track to the other side or defecate along the track, you and I won't be there. See all the pedestrian bridges in lagos, some are even nearby yet, they don't climb it.

A peoples oriented government, having known the make up of their people, ought to have commenced on massive sensitisation by now about the literail and dangers inherent in crossing the tracks, just like when they're pasting posters during elections in every nook and cranny of the state but they won't do that, until the unexpected happen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident by OmegaAutos: 3:52pm On Mar 09, 2023
Nothing to investigate...just hold the driver responsible
Re: FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident by 9jaRealist: 3:52pm On Mar 09, 2023
Mitsurugi:
That bus had no business being in the line of a train. A lot happens in this country due to unaccountability and a lack of responsibility.

If you check, that driver probably got that job due to an unjust party reward system. There are many of them in public service and their arrogance is unbelievable angry
SmartPolician:
How can a train collide with a bus? Truly, there are so many sick people in this country.

In fact, Lagos State has a lot of mad people, but those people don't even know they are mad.

Dude, it’s TRAGIC but is not unique to Lagos (or to Nigeria)…
Sadly, it happens almost EVERYWHERE more times than it should.

RIP to the dead… cry
And SPEEDY RECOVERY to the injured!
>

3 Likes

Re: FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 09, 2023
Driver sees a train coming , refuses to stop but rushes in ? APC urchin on terror mission. Must have been alot of LP voters in that bus.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Car Somersaults On Bridge Gate In Nasarawa (Photos) / Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos / NEMA Evacuates Nigerians From Yemen (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.