Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Prenuptial Agreement: Would You Be Willing To Sign A Prenup Or Offended? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Prenuptial Agreement: Would You Be Willing To Sign A Prenup Or Offended? (764 Views)

Can Child Support Amount Be Included In Prenup For Future Sake / Selfish Sibling Willing To Do Anything To Solely Inherit / I Offended My Wife And She Is Denying Me Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prenuptial Agreement: Would You Be Willing To Sign A Prenup Or Offended? by Banilla: 3:32pm On Mar 09, 2023
Hi! I was thinking about this recently.

Assuming your partner is well to do, would you willing sign a prenuptial agreement if they asked you to? Or would the request offend you?

Prenuptial agreement: An agreement made by a couple before they marry concerning the ownership of their respective assets should the marriage fail.

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Seun
Re: Prenuptial Agreement: Would You Be Willing To Sign A Prenup Or Offended? by Banilla: 4:01pm On Mar 09, 2023
No one? undecided
Re: Prenuptial Agreement: Would You Be Willing To Sign A Prenup Or Offended? by Guderian(m): 11:35pm On Mar 09, 2023
Such move if made will leave a crack on the walls of the relationship.

Marriage is for better for worse till death do us part, it is a union which is not supposed to be seperated.

So when you begin to plan for after seperation before marriage, you weaken the walls of the relationship and soon you'll collapse it

Final say it is very wrong

1 Like

Re: Prenuptial Agreement: Would You Be Willing To Sign A Prenup Or Offended? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 10, 2023
Guderian:
Such move if made will leave a crack on the walls of the relationship.

Marriage is for better for worse till death do us part, it is a union which is not supposed to be seperated.

So when you begin to plan for after seperation before marriage, you weaken the walls of the relationship and soon you'll collapse it

Final say it is very wrong

It's like you're not living in the real world...go and say this same statement to jeff Bezos and Bill Gates who carelessly entered marriage without prenup when they had assets to protect...if you go into marriage with this your fairytale mindset as a man you'll learn the hard way.

1 Like

Re: Prenuptial Agreement: Would You Be Willing To Sign A Prenup Or Offended? by Mindlog: 1:43pm On Mar 10, 2023
Prenup on top wetin?
Re: Prenuptial Agreement: Would You Be Willing To Sign A Prenup Or Offended? by SeaTrade(m): 2:02pm On Mar 10, 2023
Prenup na for people weh dey America na,
For here na "Go your papa house" sure pass grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Prenuptial Agreement: Would You Be Willing To Sign A Prenup Or Offended? by Mindlog: 2:08pm On Mar 10, 2023
SeaTrade:
Prenup na for people weh dey America na,
For here na "Go your papa house" sure pass grin grin

"Go your papa house" no longer stings for many, some women don already hail Uber before the man open mouth.😆😆😆

7 Likes

Re: Prenuptial Agreement: Would You Be Willing To Sign A Prenup Or Offended? by SeaTrade(m): 2:36pm On Mar 10, 2023
Mindlog:

"Go your papa house" no longer stings for many, some women don already hail Uber before the man open mouth.😆😆😆
Depends on who they Marry,
They won't be in a hurry if they have so much to lose grin

1 Like

Re: Prenuptial Agreement: Would You Be Willing To Sign A Prenup Or Offended? by Klass99(f): 2:38pm On Mar 10, 2023
smiley
Re: Prenuptial Agreement: Would You Be Willing To Sign A Prenup Or Offended? by Mindlog: 2:38pm On Mar 10, 2023
SeaTrade:
Depends on who they Marry,
They won't be in a hurry if they have so much to lose grin

If dem marry "big man", they would be "smart" enough to go the extra mile....you gerrit?😆😆

1 Like

Re: Prenuptial Agreement: Would You Be Willing To Sign A Prenup Or Offended? by Reinamaria(f): 2:41pm On Mar 10, 2023
A prenuptial agreement is unNigerian.

Nigerian men take pride in taking care of their women, so they never see the need for that.
Re: Prenuptial Agreement: Would You Be Willing To Sign A Prenup Or Offended? by SeaTrade(m): 4:51pm On Mar 10, 2023
Mindlog:

If dem marry "big man", they would be "smart" enough to go the extra mile....you gerrit?😆😆
Extra mile na for who go allow you na grin
Re: Prenuptial Agreement: Would You Be Willing To Sign A Prenup Or Offended? by Mindlog: 4:56pm On Mar 10, 2023
SeaTrade:
Extra mile na for who go allow you na grin

Dey dia, u have no idea of the temperature of the street ...... women can scope!😆😆😆😆
Re: Prenuptial Agreement: Would You Be Willing To Sign A Prenup Or Offended? by Kobojunkie: 5:06pm On Mar 10, 2023
Reinamaria:
A prenuptial agreement is unNigerian. Nigerian men take pride in taking care of their women, so they never see the need for that.
And that pride — hypogamy— many of them end up regretting. undecided
Re: Prenuptial Agreement: Would You Be Willing To Sign A Prenup Or Offended? by Obnoxious2001(m): 10:17pm On Mar 10, 2023
Banilla:
Hi! I was thinking about this recently.

Assuming your partner is well to do, would you willing sign a prenuptial agreement if they asked you to? Or would the request offend you?

Prenuptial agreement: An agreement made by a couple before they marry concerning the ownership of their respective assets should the marriage fail.

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Seun

Honestly I would
( I personally have a problem with court marriage in the case of divorce. I personally feel the law is too weighty on men)

Let me clearly state my losses in case any should happen....

The way you are thinking is sharp. You are making good use of boredom undecided
Re: Prenuptial Agreement: Would You Be Willing To Sign A Prenup Or Offended? by Banilla: 11:21pm On Mar 10, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

Honestly I would
( I personally have a problem with court marriage in the case of divorce. I personally feel the law is too weighty on men)

Let me clearly state my losses in case any should happen....

The way you are thinking is sharp. You are making good use of boredom undecided
I'm surprised many men are against it. Maybe it's really a western problem.

Oh. Thanks. I'll soon retire from Nairaland for a while.

1 Like

Re: Prenuptial Agreement: Would You Be Willing To Sign A Prenup Or Offended? by Kobojunkie: 11:32pm On Mar 10, 2023
Banilla:

You go retire from internet too? undecided
Re: Prenuptial Agreement: Would You Be Willing To Sign A Prenup Or Offended? by Guderian(m): 11:39pm On Mar 10, 2023
Rayban25:

It's like you're not living in the real world...go and say this same statement to jeff Bezos and Bill Gates who carelessly entered marriage without prenup when they had assets to protect...if you go into marriage with this your fairytale mindset as a man you'll learn the hard way.

Everybody with their own.

You can sign agreement before you wed.
Doesnt change anything for me
Re: Prenuptial Agreement: Would You Be Willing To Sign A Prenup Or Offended? by Obnoxious2001(m): 2:20am On Mar 11, 2023
Banilla:

I no sure say them know the repercussions of divorce legally. Besides na who get asset to protect go reason this way
Re: Prenuptial Agreement: Would You Be Willing To Sign A Prenup Or Offended? by sisisioge: 2:51am On Mar 11, 2023
Hmmmm....if he is really wealthy and thought it's a good idea for us to have that upfront, by all means we would. However, the terms will be reviewed and where applicable countered by my lawyer. I will not agree to XYZ amount, rather I will be gunning for % of assets and wealth. By the time I am done with the counter terms, uncle will not be interested in marriage or prenup again. All is fair in Love and war....if you're thinking forever,you dont bring "should in case" into it biko.
Re: Prenuptial Agreement: Would You Be Willing To Sign A Prenup Or Offended? by takimsipho(m): 8:03am On Mar 11, 2023
sisisioge:
Hmmmm....if he is really wealthy and thought it's a good idea for us to have that upfront, by all means we would. However, the terms will be reviewed and where applicable countered by my lawyer. I will not agree to XYZ amount, rather I will be gunning for % of assets and wealth. By the time I am done with the counter terms, uncle will not be interested in marriage or prenup again. All is fair in Love and war....if you're thinking forever,you dont bring "should in case" into it biko.
Do you think that the people who got divorced planned it on their wedding day? Every couple that gets married does so with intention to be together for life bit shit happens. So it's better to be on the safer side. Women who have all their needs taken care of have nothing to lose.
Re: Prenuptial Agreement: Would You Be Willing To Sign A Prenup Or Offended? by Banilla: 8:51am On Mar 11, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

I no sure say them know the repercussions of divorce legally. Besides na who get asset to protect go reason this way
The person who has no asset would be offended... More upset if they infact married for money... grin

Kobojunkie:
You go retire from internet too? undecided
Certainly not!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prenuptial Agreement: Would You Be Willing To Sign A Prenup Or Offended? by Obnoxious2001(m): 9:20am On Mar 11, 2023
sisisioge:

I fully understand your point. I will definitely think forever and sign the contract. (at this point I can bargain /mitigate risk, but once is a divorce case, okpari only paying alimony self + other asset split will make you feel hate and fuvk up your psychology )

Besides properties acquire during the marriage might not even be involved just alimony grin
Re: Prenuptial Agreement: Would You Be Willing To Sign A Prenup Or Offended? by shantti(m): 9:21am On Mar 11, 2023
sisisioge:

Will u b bringing any asset into the marriage.

Why should u be interested in a % of asset u had no hand in building.

Why shouldnt he think abt "should in case" when men loose a huge fraction of their wealth during divorce. U want him to set his guard down so you can rip him off?
Re: Prenuptial Agreement: Would You Be Willing To Sign A Prenup Or Offended? by Kobicove(m): 11:00am On Mar 13, 2023
It is only a broke person who is perharps hoping to get some financial benefit in the marriage union that will get upset if asked to sign a prenup undecided

(1) (Reply)

I Have Found The Type Of Lady I Want / I Feel So Much Guilt From My Past Relationship / How To Have A Happy Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.