Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,455 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Adeleke Presents ₦‎1.528 Billion Bond Certificates To Retired Workers In Osun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeleke Presents ₦‎1.528 Billion Bond Certificates To Retired Workers In Osun (11798 Views)

Wike Presents ₦‎1.1 Trillion FCT Budget To NASS / Atiku Also Used Fake Pry., Secondary Sch. Certificates To Run For President -BAT / Olimpotic Meristemasis: Ayade Presents 1.1trn Budget Estimate For 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeleke Presents ₦‎1.528 Billion Bond Certificates To Retired Workers In Osun by 9jahotblog: 4:34am On Mar 10, 2023
By: Adeolu Adeyemo – Osogbo.

Osun State Governor, Senator Ademola Adeleke has presented a sum of N1.528 billion for retired workers’ bond certificates of both State and Local Governments while a sum of N350 million had equally been released as gratuities for retired staff of local governments, primary schools, secondary schools, tertiary institutions, civil servants, staff of parastatals, among others.

The governor made this known at the presentation of bond certificates to retirees in the entire public service held at the local government service commission, Abere.

He said “I apologize on behalf of the state government, to our pensioners, for the ill-treatment of the past. You had laboured hard to serve the state. It is unfortunate that the past government decided to ignore and deride your significant input and contribution to state development. Accept our apologies”.

“Since I took over the administration of this state, my constant focus is how best to resolve all outstanding workers-related debts. It is unacceptable for a government to treat its pensioners the way the past government had done. I had decided never to follow that path. Workers, in and out of service, deserve their due emoluments.”

“It was in that spirit that I attended to the issue of half salary. We are paying it and we will clear all outstanding based on our people-oriented template. ”
PDP fingers APC, seeks help from international community over arrest of members in Kaduna
“Let me make this clear. I am not doing you any favor. I am only fulfilling the task you voted me to do. It is in that spirit that I am extending this attention to the contributory pensioners. ”

While giving the breakdown of the released amount, Senator Adeleke said, “Under the Contributory Pension Scheme, I ordered the release of a sum of N700m between November 2022 and January 2023 for bond certificates for retirees at the State level.”

“For retirees at the Local Government level, I approved the sum of N828m for bond certificates for retirees in primary schools and local governments between November 2022 and January 2023.”

“I have also acted with respect to the Old Pension Scheme. At the State level, from inception of the administration to the end of January, 2023, a sum of N200m has been paid as gratuity.”

“At the local government level, the sum of N150m has so far been released as gratuity to retired local government staff and primary school staff.”

“Today, 119 retirees cutting across the civil service, parastatals and tertiary institutions are being given their bond certificates totalling N632,952,655.56.

“For local government service, 62 retirees are to be given bond certificates totalling N205,428,602.07.”

“Primary School retirees totalling 92 will be given bond certificates totalling N621,819,731.03.”

“In summary, our government has so far released a sum of N1.528bn for bond certificates for retired workers of both State and Local Government while a sum of N350m had equally been released as gratuities to retired staff of local governments, primary schools, secondary schools, tertiary institutions, civil servants, staff of parastatals etc.”

The governor, who said the ultimate goal of any government should be the welfare of its people, affirmed that any government that refuses to serve the public good has failed constitutionally and morally.

“My commitment to addressing these inherited debts is a fact. I am in government today because the people of Osun voted for me. They expect me to deliver on all my electoral promises. I am doing exactly that meeting the needs of the people across the sectors.”

“My great people of Osun state, expect more satisfaction from your aspirations. I have no other job than to make you happy by enthroning good governance, he concluded.

In his own remark, the State Head Of Service, Mr Leye Aina said, in the State Public Service, a sum of N350 million is now being released monthly for the contributory pension scheme as against the former sum of #175 million. Similarly, a sum of N100 million is being released as gratuity under the old pension scheme as against the former N50 million”.

“As for the Local Government Service, a monthly sum of N400 million has been approved for the CPS while N150 million is being released for the old pension scheme.”

“It is also very important to mention that the State Government has continued the regular payment of monthly pension at the State level in the range of N500million and in the range of #348 million at the LGA level while the monthly remittances to the Pension Fund Administrators continue unabated.”

“Your Excellency, it is my strong belief and prayer that sooner than later, the issue of backlog of unpaid salaries and pension shall be a thing of the past”, he stressed.
https://tribuneonlineng.com/adeleke-presents-n1-528bn-bond-certificates-to-retired-workers-in-osun/

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adeleke Presents ₦‎1.528 Billion Bond Certificates To Retired Workers In Osun by 9jahotblog: 4:34am On Mar 10, 2023
Well done sir.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeleke Presents ₦‎1.528 Billion Bond Certificates To Retired Workers In Osun by 9jahotblog: 4:35am On Mar 10, 2023
March 18th state house of Assembly election is around the corner, kindly votes for all the 26 Pdp candidates in the poll.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adeleke Presents ₦‎1.528 Billion Bond Certificates To Retired Workers In Osun by WonderManly(m): 4:37am On Mar 10, 2023
The Governor of the people... Ride on sir!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeleke Presents ₦‎1.528 Billion Bond Certificates To Retired Workers In Osun by tukdi: 4:47am On Mar 10, 2023
Vote GRV (Labour Party) for Governor of Lagos State on 18th March, 2023.

Thank you!!!

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adeleke Presents ₦‎1.528 Billion Bond Certificates To Retired Workers In Osun by 9jahotblog: 4:47am On Mar 10, 2023
PRESS STATEMENT
State Assembly Election: "Oyetola, APC leaders Non Appearance At Public Campaign for APC Candidates is an Attestation of PDP Forthcoming Victory" -Osun PDP
...says stockpiling of huge cache of arms by Apc won't deter electorates from voting PDP candidate's
The Osun People's Democratic Party (PDP) has taunted the opposition party in the state of their non appearance in the public to campaign for their 'selected' candidates in the forthcoming State Assembly election in the state.
The PDP in a statement by the Acting Chairman of the party in the state, Dr Akindele Adekunle said Osun Apc is afraid of its shadow and the public rejection they've suffered, that is why the defeated former Governor in the state, Gboyega Oyetola or any of their major party leader in the state has not been seen campaigning for their selected Assembly candidates.
" Despite the tight schedule of Governor Ademola Adeleke in delivery of good and quality governance in the state, he has been seen leading the campaign for all 26 state House of Assembly candidates of PDP, but the same cannot be said of Oyetola and their party leaders for their selected candidates
" That shows how much they've lost touch with the public and the level Osun people have derided and rejected them.
" Moreso, the impressive delivery of GOOD GOVERNANCE by Governor Ademola Adeleke has overwhelmed Oyetola and leaders of their party that they've found it difficult to see anything to use to campaign for their party and candidates
" I can recalled that when Asiwaju Bola Hammed Tinubu came for his campaign in Osun, Oyetola was not giving any semblance of recognition on the podium to address their supporters at the rally, that tells much about how well everyone have seen him as a political leprosy that must not be allowed to spread to their political projects", Dr Akindele stated.
The PDP helmsman said all this points to the signal of the overwhelming victory the party will have in the forthcoming state Assembly election in Osun.
Dr Akindele however warned the wounded opposition party to stop any act of political bringandage and violence they're planning to use to disrupt the House of Assembly election coming up in Osun state.
" We're well aware of stockpiling of huge cache of arms the demonic party in the state (APC) has arranged in different hotspot and locations in the state.
" We're also aware of how a former Commissioner in the last administration has been using scaremongering and sporadic shooting tactics to scare away eligible voters in his constituency, in a bid to have a face saving result at the poll in his constituency. We make it bold to state that all this won't stop Osun citizens to put the final nail on Apc coffin in the forthcoming State Assembly election in Osun State"
" Osun people can now confidently compare and contrast which party or government is best for them. They've seen the light and we're sure they will hold high the torch in the state assembly election coming up in the newly announced date by the electoral body (INEC).
" Osun PDP is poised for victory in the forthcoming election and no act of political violence, political bringandage and unnecessary vitriolic attacks will stop that", the statement affirmed.
Signed:
Dr Akindele Adekunle,
State Caretaker Chairman,
Osun PDP.
Osogbo.

4 Likes

Re: Adeleke Presents ₦‎1.528 Billion Bond Certificates To Retired Workers In Osun by Olarewaju89: 4:53am On Mar 10, 2023
This man second term is sure.
I just like the man and i don't know why.

Well don Adeleke.

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Adeleke Presents ₦‎1.528 Billion Bond Certificates To Retired Workers In Osun by loosecanon50(m): 4:57am On Mar 10, 2023
Ademola Adeleke is really a working governor. What he has achieved in his first 100 days in office is really impressive.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adeleke Presents ₦‎1.528 Billion Bond Certificates To Retired Workers In Osun by Nobody: 5:05am On Mar 10, 2023
A very good man at heart. He’s not APC and I like him so much, even Asiwaju likes him a lot and told osun APC supporters who visited him that Adeleke is a governor of the people and well loved and he can’t witch-hunt such type of governor that he’ll rather work with him

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adeleke Presents ₦‎1.528 Billion Bond Certificates To Retired Workers In Osun by 9jahotblog: 5:18am On Mar 10, 2023
Breaking News: Governor Adeleke release 1.5bn worth of BOND to different categories of retirees in Osun yesterday.

"I’m not doing you any favour, I am only fulfilling the task you voted me to do. I have no other job than to make you happy"
~ Gov' Adeleke tells Osun retirees.
#ContinuosDeliveryofGOODGOVERNANCE
#ImoleOsunHasComeToStay

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeleke Presents ₦‎1.528 Billion Bond Certificates To Retired Workers In Osun by Badonasty(m): 5:24am On Mar 10, 2023
lol…congrats oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeleke Presents ₦‎1.528 Billion Bond Certificates To Retired Workers In Osun by CursedOsuPigs: 5:33am On Mar 10, 2023
Ok
Re: Adeleke Presents ₦‎1.528 Billion Bond Certificates To Retired Workers In Osun by seunlayi(m): 5:43am On Mar 10, 2023
This Governor deserve a thumbs up

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeleke Presents ₦‎1.528 Billion Bond Certificates To Retired Workers In Osun by press9jatv: 5:49am On Mar 10, 2023
Well done Mr Governor Ademola Adeleke

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeleke Presents ₦‎1.528 Billion Bond Certificates To Retired Workers In Osun by eldoradoxx: 5:50am On Mar 10, 2023
Osun people should hold this man and not let APC the Onigbese party into their state ever. For Osun, you don't have any business in APC. You witnessed PDP's Olagunsoye Olyinlola and Aregbesola and Oyetola and know the difference. Adeleke has now come to show you that party matters. Under APC, Osun workers were treated like rags with percentage salary to no salary for months due to huge debt profile of the state under APC government

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeleke Presents ₦‎1.528 Billion Bond Certificates To Retired Workers In Osun by DWJOBScom(m): 5:51am On Mar 10, 2023
I like the words used

'....I am not doing you a favour' for governors that count payment of pension and gratuity an achievement.

9 Likes

Re: Adeleke Presents ₦‎1.528 Billion Bond Certificates To Retired Workers In Osun by press9jatv: 6:00am On Mar 10, 2023
DWJOBScom:
I like the words used

'....I am not doing you a favour' for governors that count payment of pension and gratuity an achievement.
that’s a big word from a true leader and not useless leader of APC in government

8 Likes

Re: Adeleke Presents ₦‎1.528 Billion Bond Certificates To Retired Workers In Osun by Ropostic120(m): 6:03am On Mar 10, 2023
I just pray courts don't do magomago to relieve this man of this highest seat in the state.
He has performed better than the former APC governor in just 100 days in office

6 Likes

Re: Adeleke Presents ₦‎1.528 Billion Bond Certificates To Retired Workers In Osun by BurialGround: 6:16am On Mar 10, 2023
9jahotblog:
Breaking News: Governor Adeleke release 1.5bn worth of BOND to different categories of retirees in Osun yesterday.

"I’m not doing you any favour, I am only fulfilling the task you voted me to do. I have no other job than to make you happy"
~ Gov' Adeleke tells Osun retirees.
#ContinuosDeliveryofGOODGOVERNANCE
#ImoleOsunHasComeToStay

This is deep.
Making the aged and the sick among them to smile. May God keep Him.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeleke Presents ₦‎1.528 Billion Bond Certificates To Retired Workers In Osun by oyin44: 6:30am On Mar 10, 2023
Amen...truly Adeleke is a good governor

BurialGround:

This is deep.

19 Likes

Re: Adeleke Presents ₦‎1.528 Billion Bond Certificates To Retired Workers In Osun by Caramia2020(m): 6:31am On Mar 10, 2023
God will bless him, this is what every state need, an active governor.

8 Likes

Re: Adeleke Presents ₦‎1.528 Billion Bond Certificates To Retired Workers In Osun by victorVIC1(m): 6:40am On Mar 10, 2023
Nice gesture. This is obviously coming from a heart of service

4 Likes

Re: Adeleke Presents ₦‎1.528 Billion Bond Certificates To Retired Workers In Osun by omowolewa: 6:41am On Mar 10, 2023
Bond! That's smart

Tactical

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Presents ₦‎1.528 Billion Bond Certificates To Retired Workers In Osun by Pat081: 6:42am On Mar 10, 2023
What pains me most is that those that hate this man will take part in this too, God anyone born by a woman that hates him and him or her too will take part in this money those people will use the money on sickness APC was in office for good 12yrs they never remember them and my last prayer is that God if Sir Tinubu have it in mind to remove him when he gets to power, God never let him get to that power Amen. Keep it up Mr Governor Osun people loves ❤️ you,

5 Likes

Re: Adeleke Presents ₦‎1.528 Billion Bond Certificates To Retired Workers In Osun by Jostoman: 6:43am On Mar 10, 2023
Let me use this opportunity to say a very big thank you to BUHARI for giving Osun state free and fair election to choose their governor by themselves.

4 Likes

Re: Adeleke Presents ₦‎1.528 Billion Bond Certificates To Retired Workers In Osun by KanwuliaExtra: 6:43am On Mar 10, 2023
WOW!!!!

Even the courts cannot remove this dude!!! grin

4 Likes

Re: Adeleke Presents ₦‎1.528 Billion Bond Certificates To Retired Workers In Osun by KanwuliaExtra: 6:44am On Mar 10, 2023
tukdi:
Vote GRV (Labour Party) for Governor of Lagos State on 18th March, 2023.

Thank you!!!

HECK YEAH!!!! cheesy
Re: Adeleke Presents ₦‎1.528 Billion Bond Certificates To Retired Workers In Osun by Bleeel002: 6:46am On Mar 10, 2023
God bless you sir, for putting smile on their faces. You are doing well, imole de!

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Presents ₦‎1.528 Billion Bond Certificates To Retired Workers In Osun by 9jahotblog: 6:50am On Mar 10, 2023
BurialGround:

This is deep.
Amen 🙏
Re: Adeleke Presents ₦‎1.528 Billion Bond Certificates To Retired Workers In Osun by 9jahotblog: 6:50am On Mar 10, 2023
Caramia2020:
God will bless him, this is what every state need, an active governor.
Amen 🙏

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Throwback: I'll Mobilize Nigerian Youths For Tinubu's Victory - Yahaya Bello / Cross River High Court Bars Secondus From Acting As PDP Chairman / Enugu State Inaugurates Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.