Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,804 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk (17089 Views)

U.S. Says APC Supporters Attacked, Prevented Igbo, Non-party Members From Voting / Why Japan Can’t Stop IPOB Members From Protesting Against Buhari – Ubani / Meet The House Of Representatives Members From Imo State (2019) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk by ozo13(m): 8:12am On Mar 10, 2023
gidgiddy:
Ha

If the boy was told he was not a suitable donor and the process would not go on, it means he ran to the Police to avoid coming back to Nigeria

He knew very well that he was being taken to the UK to offer up his organ for Ekweremadu's daughter, he willingly got on the flight to the UK

But when he was tested and found not suitable, meaning he would have to return to Nigeria empty handed, he ran to the police and claimed to be a victim of trafficking

Ekweremadu was wrong to have taken this boy to the UK but I can understand that he was desperate to save his daughter

The boy jumped at the offer of Β£7000 and a trip to the UK, more than he could have dreamt of as a petty street trader

But as soon the boy was told the deal was off due to not being a match for Ekweremadu's daughter, he devised a way not to return to Nigeria by claiming to be a victim of trafficking
in things like this, it is mandatory to tell the young man the side effects that could occur post donation

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk by DMCY: 8:14am On Mar 10, 2023
Evergreen12345:
some yorubas would still be defending this man if he is a Yoruba man( sincerely igbos are the realiest tribe in this nigeria) Ike will surely waste in jail.............as for sonia God will heal

Must you bring ethnic bigotry into this? Kai!!! I tire for una o
Re: Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 10, 2023
gidgiddy:

The point here is that the boy was mot trafficked as we were made to believe. He was offered money for his organ, he accepted the offer, willingly jumped on plane to the UK

It was only after he was tested, found unsuitable, and knew he would have to return to Nigeria empty handed that he started crying wolf

The boy is just as bad as Ekweremadu
Oga just Shut up, Illiterate

6 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk by 1Sharon(f): 8:16am On Mar 10, 2023
Caseless:
I really pity that young lady. Every father understands what Ekweremadu was trying to do here.

She's an accomplice, you know that right? She's equally on trial.

4 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk by baralatie(m): 8:16am On Mar 10, 2023
When the judge and jurors heard turkey what went in their minds
Re: Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk by 1Sharon(f): 8:21am On Mar 10, 2023
baralatie:

As in the prosecutor was revealing pieces of secrets that he thought he was classified information.
Dude must have been trying to imagine how much information does the UK know

And dude is still lying to them like they're stupid. He tried to deny he's a rich man.

8 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk by aestake: 8:23am On Mar 10, 2023
gidgiddy:

The point here is that the boy was mot trafficked as we were made to believe. He was offered money for his organ, he accepted the offer, willingly jumped on plane to the UK

It was only after he was tested, found unsuitable, and knew he would have to return to Nigeria empty handed that he started crying wolf

The boy is just as bad as Ekweremadu
Passed off as Sonia's cousin. Who won't accept the offer in Nigeria that the politicians have ruined?

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk by 1Sharon(f): 8:30am On Mar 10, 2023
Sleekfingers:

Ekweremadu is so dumb.....you took someone to the UK for kidney transplant. Without finding out , before travelling if his kidney is compatible with your daughter.
Is that not stupidity?

Jah will continue to disgrace all these useless politicians b, home and abroad....

They did the tests to confirm he was compatible in Nigeria.
But from the boy's POV, he thought the medical tests were simply to ascertain if he was fit enough to go and work abroad.

That's the way trafficking works, traffickers never tell the victims their true intentions of bringing them into a country. Because nobody will agree to their own oppression.

On getting to the UK, the Doctors knew something was off and they called off the surgery.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk by HardMirror(m): 8:33am On Mar 10, 2023
1Sharon:

She's an accomplice, you know that right? She's equally on trial.
i wonder why people feel sorry for the girl. I wish her nothing but death. Yes, i am not nice.

3 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk by Evergreen12345(f): 8:33am On Mar 10, 2023
YOU ARE NOBODY so rest!!!!
Re: Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk by 1Sharon(f): 8:35am On Mar 10, 2023
HardMirror:
i wonder why people feel sorry for the girl. I wish her nothing but death. Yes, i am not nice.

Lol, you're worse than me, me I don't wish her death but she doesn't deserve a kidney either.

3 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk by HardMirror(m): 8:36am On Mar 10, 2023
1Sharon:

And dude is still lying to them like they're stupid. He tried to deny he's a rich man.

i idiot trying to play dumb. If he sells just one of his many houses, he could have afforded the surgery 2 times over. I wonder why no family member offered their kidney to the obviously useless girl. Till now she has not found a donor. They had to go and pick a boy from the street just to take advantage of his poverty.

5 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk by Fragility6: 8:40am On Mar 10, 2023
thecommunist:
I don't blame the boy. He just did not want to come back to poverty. Besides the entire family of Ekweremadu are selfish. No one could donate a kidney to thir sister?
Na the question dem ask am for court.
Re: Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk by Alantu: 8:41am On Mar 10, 2023
So they have not finished sowing the prison clothes since?......... Anyway shaa,ale them get patient small.

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk by HardMirror(m): 8:43am On Mar 10, 2023
Fragility6:

Na the question dem ask am for court.
till now, no member has offered to donate o. It shows she is a useless person. Even the billionaire (in naira) father was trying to cut corners and not spend too much on her. He even suggested that he had other important things to attend to. Lol
Cc 1sharon πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

4 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk by Fragility6: 8:45am On Mar 10, 2023
HardMirror:
till now, no member has offered to donate o. It shows she is a useless person.
She or the family itself. An average Nigeria politician na chop and die alone. No regard for your kinsmen let alone relatives. So,when you enter problem,u suffer yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk by HardMirror(m): 8:46am On Mar 10, 2023
Fragility6:

She or the family itself. An average Nigeria politician na chop and die alone. No regard for your kinsmen let alone relatives. So,when you enter problem,u suffer yourself.
lol. I am glad uk is not like Nigeria. He must go to jail. 10 years minimum. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk by Asine: 8:53am On Mar 10, 2023
shantti:

What if they had succeded in stealing that poor boy's kidney. So they poor boy deserve to die cos he is poor.

Why do u guys like taking sides with people who give no shit about u. Sonia has family members or relatives whose kidney matches with hers. Her mother own nko.

Thank you very much, they are not even thinking of the fate of the young man should Ekweremadu and his family had succeeded with using the boy's kidney for the transplant.
How would he have been able to maintain his health after being used and dumped?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk by georgeakins: 8:55am On Mar 10, 2023
Why can't those pastors in Nigeria heal this girl of kidney problems?

I have always told people that no pastor in Nigeria has spiritual power to heal. They're fake.

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk by Allisgud: 8:59am On Mar 10, 2023
Foolish man, he wants to buy the poor kidney as its a goat in the market
Re: Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk by Asine: 8:59am On Mar 10, 2023
dammyz101:
Most times I wonder why we allowed d sufferings in naija affect our way of thinking, anytime dis Ekwerenmadu's case comes up, it shocks me to my marrow to see pple blaming dat boy instead of d greedy billionaire who could have treated his daughter with his multi billions he has stolen from politics. But he opted to still continue his evil on d naija citizens by looking for a cheap organ on d streets. He should face d full hammer of d law. Thank God its not naija wre he can bribe his way out. Evil politicians everywhere.

I am really shocked that people take side with Ekweremadu forgetting that he wanted to exploit the boy but Grace made way for the boy.
They even forged a letter that the boy is a cousin to Sonia (his daughter).
Why couldn't any of her siblings or parents or relatives be a donor for her. They rather decide to exploit a street boy.

3 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk by Bilquiss: 9:02am On Mar 10, 2023
Debitcreditcard:
Kidney transplant has its own law. In fact organ transplant has its own rule. Your write up shows you know nothing about it and you are a typical Nigerian you thinks he can buy anything. Organ transplant has to come from a family member or properly documented from a donor.
You just don’t pick someone because he’s poor, and harvest his or her organ.

I agree 100%. As the lawyer asked,why did he not collect kidney from his family members. So does it mean its only poor people that should take risk and be walking around with one kidney?

3 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 10, 2023
gidgiddy:
Ha

If the boy was told he was not a suitable donor and the process would not go on, it means he ran to the Police to avoid coming back to Nigeria

He knew very well that he was being taken to the UK to offer up his organ for Ekweremadu's daughter, he willingly got on the flight to the UK

But when he was tested and found not suitable, meaning he would have to return to Nigeria empty handed, he ran to the police and claimed to be a victim of trafficking

Ekweremadu was wrong to have taken this boy to the UK but I can understand that he was desperate to save his daughter

The boy jumped at the offer of Β£7000 and a trip to the UK, more than he could have dreamt of as a petty street trader

But as soon the boy was told the deal was off due to not being a match for Ekweremadu's daughter, he devised a way not to return to Nigeria by claiming to be a victim of trafficking

That was a smart move against all these politicians..

Imagine almost used and dump like APC government
Re: Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk by 1Sharon(f): 9:21am On Mar 10, 2023
HardMirror:
till now, no member has offered to donate o. It shows she is a useless person. Even the billionaire (in naira) father was trying to cut corners and not spend too much on her. He even suggested that he had other important things to attend to. Lol
Cc 1sharon πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Re: Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk by LordReed(m): 9:24am On Mar 10, 2023
gidgiddy:
Ha

I guess the Ekweremadus will have to sue him. For now though they'll have to face the music on their own culpabilities.
Re: Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk by ubev01(m): 9:25am On Mar 10, 2023
gidgiddy:
Ha

you are probably right. But what stops ekweremadu from giving him say 5k pounds for all his troubles? Why maltreat the poor boy simply because he was not a match? A wicked person acts without thinking about the consequence, but when the consequences comes, regret takes over
Re: Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk by LordReed(m): 9:26am On Mar 10, 2023
HardMirror:
Cc 1sharon πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Imagine being forced to say such in public to avoid responsibility. What a shitshow.

4 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk by sharone21(f): 9:26am On Mar 10, 2023
EK made mistakes eg not testing for kidney's compatibility and giving the boy some extras apart from the fact that he at least now has a stamped passport with UK visa and possibly 'some' connection which may act as good will from EK in the future or from some stranger.

I really pity EK's daughter...

The bashing on Nairaland on EK who is just a father desperately seeking the good health/ recovery of his daughter and who feels there is alternative by paying for it.... Though as a Lawyer himself, he should have known the consequences.... But which person would you take from Africa who isn't a family member that will do that for FREE as expected by UK's law?

The poor usually wish ill fated things befall the rich so they be at par especially if such a one is an allegedly corrupt politician.

The 21 year old guy is clearly a backstabber and backstabbers don't end well even when they have those hailing them.... Desperation to be in UK by all means is the cause of all this katakata.

Equipping our hospitals here would have saved EK all these stress.

People should know the laws of countries before they seek medical tourism in such countries.
Re: Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk by LordReed(m): 9:30am On Mar 10, 2023
HardMirror:
i idiot trying to play dumb. If he sells just one of his many houses, he could have afforded the surgery 2 times over. I wonder why no family member offered their kidney to the obviously useless girl. Till now she has not found a donor. They had to go and pick a boy from the street just to take advantage of his poverty.

I am guessing his kinsmen would have expected a lot more money from him for such a service. Baba no wan make hin people chop hin money. What a sad sordid tale.

3 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk by 1Sharon(f): 9:32am On Mar 10, 2023
HardMirror:

🀣
That's the arrogance in them. They feel they're too big to go under the knife for their relation
At the same time they feel Sonia is too big to be receiving dialysis treatment along with the average "pauper". So instead they used their money to make things happen.
Re: Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk by LordReed(m): 9:33am On Mar 10, 2023
sharone21:
EK made mistakes eg not testing for kidney's compatibility and giving the boy some extras apart from the fact that he at least now has a stamped passport with UK visa and possibly 'some' connection which may act as good will from EK in the future or from some stranger.

I really pity EK's daughter...

The bashing on Nairaland on EK who is just a father desperately seeking the good health/ recovery of his daughter and who feels there is alternative by paying for it.... Though as a Lawyer himself, he should have known the consequences.... But which person would you take from Africa who isn't a family member that will do that for FREE as expected by UK's law?

The poor usually wish ill fated things befall the rich so they be at par especially if such a one is an allegedly corrupt politician.

The 21 year old guy is clearly a backstabber and backstabbers don't end well even when they have those hailing them.... Desperation to be in UK by all means is the cause of all this katakata.

Equipping our hospitals here would have saved EK all these stress.

People should know the laws of countries before they seek medical tourism in such countries.

How does one make such an oversight with so much resources at his disposal? What would it have taken to do the tests before he left?

As they say the gods make mad whom they wish to disfavour.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

El-rufai To Okonjo-iweala : Name The Sponsors Or Shut-up / Matthew Iduoriyekwemwen Submits His Form To INEC / Osinbajo Receives 2017 Budget From National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.